shape
carat
color
clarity

Any advice/UPS France will not deliver ring to me. Holding it at airport.

Cina_s

Shiny_Rock
It’s not one of a kind, but it’s very whimsical and goofy. 5FEBC85C-3E4D-46D2-AFCA-5B1F480F1BA8.jpeg

The ring is so cute! I love it. Once you get it on your finger, you will cherish more as you fought battles for it.

If it makes you feel better- I have purchased an Alexandrite Ring (see my conned post), and its been since May 29th day of purchase till now, many emails back and forth, finally I returned the ring 20+ days ago, and I still haven't gotten my refund. The had a 8-12 business days refund time, its past, and nothing. I also should have checked reviews more properly not TRR. but anyway. I hope things do work out for you. So this happens. I guess I'm happy we can "shop the world" for unique pieces, but the price we have to pay with online shopping.

Good Luck!!!!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just frustrated. The RealReal is SO bad. I left a one star review and they countered by saying that they have been trying to contact me to resolve the issue.
They certainly have not contacted me, and I just went through all my email addresses to be sure.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just frustrated. The RealReal is SO bad. I left a one star review and they countered by saying that they have been trying to contact me to resolve the issue.
They certainly have not contacted me, and I just went through all my email addresses to be sure.

What BS! And I love the real real! But that is crap!

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@Jimmianne :angryfire: That is really rubbish, I am so sorry!
Have you got a named contact at this company dealing with this? I'm guessing not as they are being evasive! ::)

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just heard from them. They said they refunded my money, end of story.
I see the refund, but they subtracted shipping charges, so they expect me to pay for shipping.
I did not ask for a refund. I already contacted to have a courier pick up the ring at UPS and put it through customs.
Amazingly horrible company. BBB said they have a high volume of complaints with the Realreal.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, what a palaver to end up out of pocket and without the ring! :evil:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now the RealReal is telling me that I requested a refund two weeks ago and they did me a favor by refunding my money.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, what a palaver to end up out of pocket and without the ring! :evil:
Thanks, Austina. It’s a tempest in a teapot....
But
It’s crazy making. I need to go for a walk.
Suddenly they are communicating in real time...I get an email within minutes of writing them. Too bad they didn’t respond like this when the problem started.
I keep telling myself the ring would have been tight LOL makes me feel better.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It sounds like you’re best off out of this one, although they certainly need to refund your shipping charges given that the ring never made it to you!

I’m really sorry that you didn’t get to enjoy the piece you wanted. Maybe, if it’s not tainted for you now, someone in the US could purchase it once it’s relisted and forward it to you (competently this time!)?

Skyjems

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Update.
I found a company in Paris that will go to the airport, pick up my ring at UPS, process it through customs and mail it to me. For $355. That is on top of VAT fees, so a total of $680 to get a $1400 ring from the States.

UGH! France is notoriously bad for this, Belgium is even worse as you can't import gems without a special permit.

What I do to get around this is use FedEx who has brokerage included (no $355 charge) and note gems by the element/mineral. IE: Sapphire goes as 'corrundum', diamond goes as 'carbon', emerald goes as 'beryl', tourmaline as 'boron' etc.

VAT always applies in almost every country, but you would have had to pay that if you bought it in a store in France as well, so if you are comparing 'apples to apples', you always would have had to pay that, regardless of buying online or in person.

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Grrrrrr! Breathe, go for some fresh air and cuddle that gorgeous little furbaby Kine!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So frustrating @Jimmianne , I am sorry for your aggravation. Unreal the ongoing hassle this has been. Thank you for letting us know about their customer service.
Perhaps it will still arrive? One can only hope.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Austina. It’s a tempest in a teapot....
But
It’s crazy making. I need to go for a walk.
Suddenly they are communicating in real time...I get an email within minutes of writing them. Too bad they didn’t respond like this when the problem started.
I keep telling myself the ring would have been tight LOL makes me feel better.

Oh im so sorry to read more of this bull s ##t you have had to endure over this ring
I was hoping to open this thread to see the ring on your finger

Im sure the next ring you fall in love with will make all this a distant bad dream

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Daisy and Diaminds, me too. I have been looking for that particular style preloved for a long time.
Under duress, theRealreal finally stepped up to the plate. They refunded both the cost and the shipping (they said. No funds for either seen yet), and gave me a site credit to cover the cost of domestic shipping if I want to repurchase the ring.

They said the only carrier they use internationally is UPS.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I don't mean to undermine your frustration, as I realize how lucky I am to live in the United States when it comes to bling, & without knowing the conversation that went on between you & the RealReal I'd like to give another perspective from that of a seller:

So, as a seller in the US I thought that in order to use the insurance purchased & to get back what you paid for the piece that it has to be accurately described on the package? Also please correct me if I'm wrong but I've read somewhere that misidentifying the contents of a package internationally is a crime punishable by fee + jail time in the US.

I could be wrong but if I were a seller I would want and try to do everything to make sure my customers are happy with their purchase but within all legalities. We've all read the "International Buyers: I am not responsible for any fees incured due to customs or import taxes. Please be aware of your countries laws." Type warning, so it could just be a misunderstanding where poor OP is left feeling attacked at the pocket for simply buying her bling but the company didn't feel comfortable omitting facts about the piece due to insurance + the law.

Other than this I truly cannot think of why they wouldn't omit the diamond fact so I'm sure there's some laws here in the US that are in effect that prevents them from doing so.

Either way I'm sorry that this was such a frustrating experience for you & I hope you are able to find the same ring or something even better comes along OP! ♥️

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't mean to undermine your frustration, as I realize how lucky I am to live in the United States when it comes to bling, & without knowing the conversation that went on between you & the RealReal I'd like to give another perspective from that of a seller:

So, as a seller in the US I thought that in order to use the insurance purchased & to get back what you paid for the piece that it has to be accurately described on the package? Also please correct me if I'm wrong but I've read somewhere that misidentifying the contents of a package internationally is a crime punishable by fee + jail time in the US.

I could be wrong but if I were a seller I would want and try to do everything to make sure my customers are happy with their purchase but within all legalities. We've all read the "International Buyers: I am not responsible for any fees incured due to customs or import taxes. Please be aware of your countries laws." Type warning, so it could just be a misunderstanding where poor OP is left feeling attacked at the pocket for simply buying her bling but the company didn't feel comfortable omitting facts about the piece due to insurance + the law.

Other than this I truly cannot think of why they wouldn't omit the diamond fact so I'm sure there's some laws here in the US that are in effect that prevents them from doing so.

Either way I'm sorry that this was such a frustrating experience for you & I hope you are able to find the same ring or something even better comes along OP! ♥

Yes, and thank you.
I got lucky with the first Sepkus band from the States. It also had a few melee, but the private individual just wrote “gold ring” on the customs form. I am sure she was not trying to trick customs...the idea that a few melee would present huge problems never entered either of our minds.
But a big company like the one I was dealing with couldn’t legally afford to not mentioned the melee.
HOWEVER, I don’t think theRealreal realized there would be a problem because they didn’t understand why I couldn’t get the ring delivered.

I DID hire a courier to pick up the ring and put it through customs, but the Realreal issued a refund before the courier could pick up the ring from UPS. I guess. I don’t know, maybe courier has it and put it through customs. At least I’m out of the loop.
Anyway. Stuff happens. I’ve gone from tearing my hair out to being philosophical LOL
A blessing in disguise perhaps, as I had consided consigning with theRealreal. Now that I’ve read the reviews and BBB complaints I would never consign with them. I value my sanity, what there is of it these days : )
Onward! To other bling!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Yes, and thank you.
I got lucky with the first Sepkus band from the States. It also had a few melee, but the private individual just wrote “gold ring” on the customs form. I am sure she was not trying to trick customs...the idea that a few melee would present huge problems never entered either of our minds.
But a big company like the one I was dealing with couldn’t legally afford to not mentioned the melee.
HOWEVER, I don’t think theRealreal realized there would be a problem because they didn’t understand why I couldn’t get the ring delivered.

I DID hire a courier to pick up the ring and put it through customs, but the Realreal issued a refund before the courier could pick up the ring from UPS. I guess. I don’t know, maybe courier has it and put it through customs. At least I’m out of the loop.
Anyway. Stuff happens. I’ve gone from tearing my hair out to being philosophical LOL
A blessing in disguise perhaps, as I had consided consigning with theRealreal. Now that I’ve read the reviews and BBB complaints I would never consign with them. I value my sanity, what there is of it these days : )
Onward! To other bling!

Now the reason it got stuck is a wholeeeee nother issue that I could sit here theorizing about and pulling my hair out also! Each countries import/customs laws can be so confusing and complicated! I could only understand why the package was marked correctly, but I have no idea why it was then held for ransom there!! Lol

You have an amazing attitude despite not receiving your goofy ring!
I bet something better will come along, or who knows the same piece locally!! I always like to think that if someone purchases the stone or piece that I was going to buy or if somehow the piece breaks on its way to me or doesn't make it, that it's no coincidence and that Im just not meant to have it & that something else will come along!

Sending you hugs & well wishes!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update: I now have the ring, a month after I purchased it.
It came in this box... FD95C509-1AEF-4153-8951-E863E2007435.jpeg
Which was broken and literally had dirt in it.
Luxury goods from theRealReal.
LOL.
In the website it said the ring was a 5.25, but it’s a 6.
Meanwhile, it’s soaking in Dawn and I’ll take a photo later.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phewweeee @Jimmianne !!!

You got that ring!!

Happy dance!!!

What an ordeal!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Kipari
I’ll stop focusing on the Realreal and enjoy the ring!
I still need to be compensated for the additional shipping costs, but will worry about that another day.

Here it is with the matching moonstone ring from a lovely PSer.
FA2D7F77-5B5C-450A-9E79-5F73710D736B.jpeg

GORGEOUS!!!! Yes I am yelling it because it is so GORGEOUS! LOVE LOVE LOVE! Wear in good health dear @Jimmianne !!!!

Missy, you made me laugh. Woohoo indeed!!

I try! Laughing is the best medicine for all that ails us. Well, laughter and bling. XOXO.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Kipari
I’ll stop focusing on the Realreal and enjoy the ring!
I still need to be compensated for the additional shipping costs, but will worry about that another day.

Here it is with the matching moonstone ring from a lovely PSer.
FA2D7F77-5B5C-450A-9E79-5F73710D736B.jpeg

They look absolutely beautiful together! I’m very partial to moonstone and your ring is gorgeous. I hope the size discrepancy on the band doesn’t affect your enjoyment of it.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more thing to add before I move on. The Realreal said it was yellow gold, but it’s rose gold.
You can’t tell from the photo, but the moodstone is a rich yellow gold, and the new band is rose gold.
I didn’t realize until I saw this new ring that even though all the rings I’ve collected are stamped 750, some are pale gold, some are rich yellow gold, one is green gold and one is rose gold . :)

Lissyflo, thanks. The size difference is not a problem. I have hammered gold spacers that will help make it fit better!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results