shape
carat
color
clarity

Anxious about James Allen purchase. Anyone dealt with them?

absolutme77

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Re: Anxious about James Allen purchase. Anyone dealt with th

Jimmianne, the e-mails went directly to me and I had no pictures attached to them. The family members that saw the ring said it's absolutely beautiful. But it isn't what I ordered. I liked the idea of two-tone especially since I have a warmer diamond (K) but now am wondering if the YG would make the diamond yellow or warm (SA said it faces up really white, very little to no warmth per video of diamond). I posted to my original thread and then started a new one just to get other's opinions on what to do. If they suggest YG, I may have FF send it back sight unseen but if they suggest WG, well I hope he proposes in less than 30 days just in case I don't like it but PS hasn't steered me wrong yet.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I don't know if they still do this, but sometime right after shipping I would get an email with a professional photo of my jewelry : )

Robinelizaa

Rough_Rock

Today is the say my order is suppose to be shipped! I am impatiently waiting and still haven't received any information about it. I hope something comes soon!!

windsurferwife

Rough_Rock

Robinelizaa|1456421555|3995589 said:
Today is the say my order is suppose to be shipped! I am impatiently waiting and still haven't received any information about it. I hope something comes soon!!

Same thing here. I finally called them and they said that they will ship orders between 5-7pm CST. I hope that is true because my order still says "production."

Robinelizaa

Rough_Rock

I hope that's true too!! I'm glad you told me that so I can expect something around that time. Let me know if yours gets shipped! I'm excited and nervous lol

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock

I'm also waiting on my ring to ship! :angel: :angel: I ordered it on 2/8, but I had to ship my diamond to them. They received it on 2/12, and my estimated shipping date is 3/3! :shifty: My ring was in quality assurance for several days as they were examining my diamond (I guess), and my ring has been in production for 3-4 days now I think. I don't mind the waiting too much this time because I know the basket will be intricate. It also helped that I bought a little antique pear diamond last week, so she's been keeping me company as I anticipate my ring to arrive.
I'm excited knowing several others on here also ordered rings during the Valentine's Day sale and are waiting for their rings to come in like I am! Happy waiting! I can't wait to see your rings; I hope you love them! :wavey: :appl:

Robinelizaa

Rough_Rock

Update!!Mine shipped!! WOHOO!! No tracking information but talked to an operator and she gave me a tracking number!!

windsurfer, maybe yours shipped too and you just haven't received your tracking info too!

DaintyG, Mine shipped on time after ordering from the Valentines sale and I am super excited!! I love pear shaped diamonds as well, their so unique! Make sure you post a picture of your ring when you receive it!!

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock

Yay!!!! So exciting!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Another one waiting for a JA setting. I sent my ring in a couple of weeks ago. It was in QA for some time while they checked
my stone. We then went back and forth for a few days trying to figure out if the setting would be low enough for me. It
finally went into production with a 3/3 ship date...then I got the dreaded email saying that they were changing my ship date
to 3/10 because they were having to build a new mold/cast for my stone. I'm trying my best to be patient. :wink2:

All you other ladies need to post pics when you get yours so I can live vicariously in the mean time! :appl:

goodkarma

Rough_Rock

Hi, sparklysoprano!

Your James Allen ring looks very similar to the Cordoba I just ordered from Brilliant Earth. I'm in love with the style but concerned about possibly losing smaller stones. Are you insuring against stone loss?

Love your ring!

windsurferwife

Rough_Rock

Robinelizaa, So glad yours shipped! : ) Mine just now shipped. I had called them again to see if my order would make it in time and customer service was fantastic. They told me it looked like it could possibly be delayed and so they called up to NY and asked them to "prioritize" my order so that it would go out today. Whatever they did, it finally shipped! ; )

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock

goodkarma|1456437295|3995736 said:
Hi, sparklysoprano!

Your James Allen ring looks very similar to the Cordoba I just ordered from Brilliant Earth. I'm in love with the style but concerned about possibly losing smaller stones. Are you insuring against stone loss?

Love your ring!

Hi, Goodkarma! Thanks for asking. I do believe the Cordoba is the exact same ring as the one on JA. It looks to me like it is. I do have mine insured with Jewelers Mutual. But, I have not yet lost a stone and it's been a year. Can't wait to see yours!!! Please post when you get it. I think you will love it!!

absolutme77

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Robinelizaa, windsurfer wife, glad both of your items shipped on time!!!

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock

Bump. Got any pictures? I'm still waiting for my ring, and would love to see what everyone got!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results