shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Antique Oval and Singlestone Setting=Perfection!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Oh, that is so swoon worthy! I :love: it! Singlestone is one of my favorite jewelry designers. Enjoy that lovely ring, girl!!!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Yssie. I am just very, very indecisive about finding a setting. I am also very worried about making a mistake and most settings out there are for round stones. I think it's impressive that you made the jump!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It was definitely a leap of faith, but one I'm glad I made! :D

SC86

Shiny_Rock
Begonia|1317424819|3030119 said:
Didn''t like modified oval brilliants (until now), didn't like ornate settings (until now).

This exactly. I am usually a fan of more delicate settings, but this setting was absolute made for your stone. It is AMAZING. I thought your stone was gorgeous when you posted it a while back. And somehow this setting enhances your stone perfectly without taking anything away from it. As others said, this now looks like a true heirloom piece. Well done! :appl:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yenny this is really a spectacular ring, just divine in every way. It is interesting how your journey was so long and took many turns, but the outcome so much better than any of the previous steps. Honetly, this ring is so much more delicate, classy, timeless, well cut ( ;)) ) and just... everything than your previous ring. Are you suprised yourself at how sophisticated you taste became by the end of your upgrade process?

And listen, if you do not wear this ring and enjoy it every moment, I will come and confiscate it, you hear? It is a big ring, and I know that bothered you a little about your other ring. But no regrets, this ring is a work of art and deserves to be seen!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
So pretty! Me likey! Can't wait to see hand shots. I'm glad you finally got it done. Enjoy that pretty ring.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
this ring is sooo gorgeous.. congrats! :bigsmile:

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
This is so pretty! I love the antique setting!!!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I'm back for another peek, it's so pretty!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
The oval looks perfect in that setting. If you would not have told me it was a new setting I would have thought it was an original old setting. It is divine!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
SC86, I'm glad that my ring could convert you! :)

Dreamer, this has certainly been a journey for me and I have grown a lot through the process (who knew a jewelry forum could help you grow as a person??!!). I've learned to trust myself and my taste, even if the end result doesn't please everyone. If I don't wear this ring, you won't need to confiscate it....my hubby will be mailing it to you! ;))

Gothgrrl, minmin, mitsui4 and lvnvrb4, thank you for your kind comments!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yenny, I'm working on a blingy band to replace my ering. I'd thought I wanted maybe a simple trellis style but..now I don't know! Did you come up w/the design idea or did Ari? How did that work?

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
packrat, this is a design that SS already made, but modified for my oval stone. Ari and I tried a couple of variations before we decided that this one was best. He's super easy to work with and if he doesn't think something will look good, he'll tell you (nicely). Give him a call and see what he says.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Your so lucky! :love: Cant wait to see hand shots! It's beautiful!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yenny, it is so very gorgeous! I love everything about it, and I loved your other ring too. This one, however, is truly something so unique and beautiful! I hope when you see it on your finger it makes your heart sing!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks christina and luv2sparkle! I'm pretty confident that I'm never going to want to take this ring off!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is GORGEOUS! The faceting on that stone are tdf - where did the stone come from?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Stunning!!!!! :love:

cheers--Sharon

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
good lord in heaven! WOW! well, ari sure did your amazing oval justice, and then some! yenny it's absolutely divine! oh man, i cannot WAIT for handshots and five million views of it!!! :bigsmile:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yenny...Congrats! one of the best looking oval i've seen on PS... :love: :appl: perfect for a hot looking red head... :naughty:

GamGam

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Breath-takingly beautiful. Softly adorned setting for the fabulous stone-- just like a talented supporting cast; the stone is perfectly "presented" in this setting. I'm so glad you have this treasure to wear and love.

SweetPeach

Rough_Rock
Oh wow! Yenny, your stone and setting are absolutely exquisite! :love: Congratulations!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
So so beautiful.

I would like to take this ring out to dinner and show it a good time :naughty:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks ecf8503, canuk-gal, rainydaze, DF, GamGam and sweetpeach!

Rosetta, if you want to take the ring (and me!) out to dinner, we're game if you're buying! ;))

gammygam

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is fantastic and that diamond just makes me drool everytime I see it! I think I've clicked on your thread at least 5 times to come back to drool.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, it's absolutely stunning! Your stone is incredible and that setting is, too! I can't wait to see hand shots! And I think you should FLY to L.A. and get it today! :cheeky: Congratulations and wear it in good health!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Add me to the list...I love it! :love: I love the stone, I love the setting...I love everything about it! And I really love
how the shank meets the top of the setting with the curly things that remind me of Fleur de lis. Gorgeous!!!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Oh WOW. I'd wear that beauty in a heartbeat! The setting is just perfect. I love ornate, antique inspired settings for old cuts. And bezels. Ari outdid himself. And what an amazing high color! I can't wait til Monday either :bigsmile:

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh my!!! That is fabulous!! I just found my new favorite PS ring!! What a beautiful combination of stone and custom setting.

MrsM

Shiny_Rock
I've been anxiously awaiting the photos and it is even more spectacular than I had imagined! What a unique and absolutely gorgeous piece that will definitely become an heirloom! I cannot wait for the handshots! Need to post lots of pictures on Monday....PLEASE!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results