shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique English 14k Sapphire & Rose Cut Diamond Ring

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Hello Ladies & very few Gentlemen!

Its been a while since I've created a thread for any of my purchases or projects
as It's so much easier to just lazily post one or two images on another thread but I thought
that this ring deserved its own little corner of the internet!

After perusing Ebay for a few weeks & shockingly not finding anything that really spoke to me I was
lucky enough to run into this baby!

She is an antique piece, the seller purchased her in France but suspects that it was a hand fabricated piece that
had been made in England comprised of 14k yellow gold, a natural blue sapphire, & two rose-cut diamonds.

The center sapphire has a luscious tiny table & high crown,
does anyone know if it would be considered an old mine cut sapphire?
If anyone has any knowledge about this please do comment!
I know that old mine cuts are central to diamonds but have been known to have been cut
into other stones as well.

Anyways, the sapphire is approx. 5mm which is flanked by two round 3mm rose-cut diamonds. All stones are held in these beautiful
antique style baskets which I adore & are hugged by tiny claw prongs.

The stones are original to the piece & are just so yummy!
It doesn't look as if the seller cleaned the piece at all, as it looks a bit gunky with oily finger print galore so I'm excited
to get her home & give her a good bath & scrub!

Here are the vendor photos but I will have to update this thread with my own when she arrives!
I've become such a sucker for antique pieces lately, not that I wasn't before but It's definitely risen
to the forefront of my jewelry searches lately!

It was shipped off today & is making its way from CA to the US as we speak!
:lickout:

bluesapp.jpg
bluesapph.jpg
bluesapphi.jpg
bluesapphir.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhhh pretty! It is possible it could be a mine cut I think, I have seen gemstones in the OEC cut in vintage pieces, so I imagine you could also find the mine cut too!

The color on the sapphire is such a pretty blue and the rose cuts add the perfect bit of sparkle. Great find!

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
I can’t wait to see it, so exciting!

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Loving these style of settings! Gorgeous ring, can’t wait to see pics.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ohhhhh pretty! It is possible it could be a mine cut I think, I have seen gemstones in the OEC cut in vintage pieces, so I imagine you could also find the mine cut too!

The color on the sapphire is such a pretty blue and the rose cuts add the perfect bit of sparkle. Great find!

TheGarnetGirl, your ring is gorgeous!! It is likely a native cut. Native cuts were done to retain color. I love them! i can’t wait till you get this ring home to clean it and share details. The hallmarks will show it it’s antique French or British made.

Sorry to threadjack but YadaYadaYada, I see you’ve changed your Profile photo to show a new cluster ring. Somehow I’ve missed it, can you share a link if you’ve posted on this beauty. Love it.

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty!! Looks like the sapphire color will be beautiful and bright! ! Love the rose cut side stones!
I always love when a ring is a bit cruddy and you get to see the beauty blossom before your eyes!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really beautiful!
@TheGarnetGirl, you have great taste in jewels!
This was a lucky find. It will look awesome on you!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TheGarnetGirl, your ring is gorgeous!! It is likely a native cut. Native cuts were done to retain color. I love them! i can’t wait till you get this ring home to clean it and share details. The hallmarks will show it it’s antique French or British made.

Sorry to threadjack but YadaYadaYada, I see you’ve changed your Profile photo to show a new cluster ring. Somehow I’ve missed it, can you share a link if you’ve posted on this beauty. Love it.

Aw thanks so much, I said I would wait to share until my anniversary but that is still months away, obviously failing at that!

I will make a post for it hopefully this week if we ever get some sun:lol-2:

Sorry for the thread jack @TheGarnetGirl!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw thanks so much, I said I would wait to share until my anniversary but that is still months away, obviously failing at that!

I will make a post for it hopefully this week if we ever get some sun:lol-2:

Sorry for the thread jack @TheGarnetGirl!

Yeah, Yada, where are the deets on this new ring? Tease!!!
You know you can't change your avatar without causing an uproar!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And that sapphire looks like the famous cornflower blue color that is so desirable.
It's simply fab! :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Awww thank you ladies for your sweet words! PS feels like such a home for me because I get to share in my excitement for jewelry & I know all of the reactions are genuine!

Tracking shows that she should be here this Friday! Yay for quick shipping!

& @LightBright no worries! I'm just as intrigued!!! Sparkle lovers love sparkle (;

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
So charming - I love the rose gold with the blue sapphire :) The old mine cuts are perfect.

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
I really love this! The proportions of the blue to the side stones are perfect. Can’t wait to see more photos!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Still not here! :snooty:

Tracking shows that it went back and forth to a couple of cities so I hope it'll make it here soon!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this. It's so pretty! Can't wait to see it when you've got it!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Oh that’s annoying. Waiting for jewelry in the mail is the worst!

Omg tell me about it!
It said "out for delivery" today under tracking & so I eagerly awaited its arrival which at the latest could have been 9pm!

Sadly it never came & now tracking says "returning" so naturally I'm a bit worried.

Not too happy with UPS. I've been using (per usual) USPS priority & have been happy with their speed & efficiency during the pandemic, I can't say that I feel the same about UPS.
It needlessly went back & forth between two different cities both in & out of the country, & had enough time to perfectly make it's expected doa on Friday, but alas no bone & now this...

I just want my sparkly UPS man!!!!
:pray:

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I love this. It's so pretty! Can't wait to see it when you've got it!

Aw thank you Alex! (Also does your name stand for "Alexandra"? I'd say it's a fine name, if I do say so myself ;))) & I'd love to update the thread with some hand shots but unless it miraculously arrives soon, which who knows, the mail is a mystery.....I'm not sure when It'll be here! Ughh

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw thank you Alex! (Also does your name stand for "Alexandra"? I'd say it's a fine name, if I do say so myself ;))) & I'd love to update the thread with some hand shots but unless it miraculously arrives soon, which who knows, the mail is a mystery.....I'm not sure when It'll be here! Ughh

Well I for one am looking forward to seeing what you think when I eventually arrives!
And yes, I am an Alexandra. But I'm usually only called that by my mother when i'm in trouble. It used to get yelled up the stairs when I was younger & I used to flee & close my bedroom door :lol: I'm presuming you are too?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, so aggravating when you have a sparkly out there in the wild of the mail system taking forever to get to you!

I admit that when I see a response to this thread I come back hoping to see some hand shots! Come on UPS!

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Omg tell me about it!
It said "out for delivery" today under tracking & so I eagerly awaited its arrival which at the latest could have been 9pm!

Sadly it never came & now tracking says "returning" so naturally I'm a bit worried.

Not too happy with UPS. I've been using (per usual) USPS priority & have been happy with their speed & efficiency during the pandemic, I can't say that I feel the same about UPS.
It needlessly went back & forth between two different cities both in & out of the country, & had enough time to perfectly make it's expected doa on Friday, but alas no bone & now this...

I just want my sparkly UPS man!!!!
:pray:

Oooh I might call them. They once has a shipment stuck in limbo. It sat for a couple weeks because I forgot about it. But they delivered quickly after I called!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Oooh I might call them. They once has a shipment stuck in limbo. It sat for a couple weeks because I forgot about it. But they delivered quickly after I called!

Thank you so much for even putting the thought in my head!

I'm grateful you did because it made me call UPS myself when I realized the seller wasn't being truthful about calling to inquire about it themselves.

So....
I called & the woman said "So you need to open up a claim because the package is officially lost."

Say what?
It was last tracked as out for delivery????
Did someone else get my package instead of theirs?!

So now it's just a waiting game.
Praying it arrives because I'd much rather have the ring than the refund.
:wall:

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock

I'm grateful you did because it made me call UPS myself when I realized the seller wasn't being truthful about calling to inquire about it themselves.

So....
I called & the woman said "So you need to open up a claim because the package is officially lost."

Say what?

Ugh that’s the worst! I hope this resolves in your favor.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade

So....

Say what?

I think she's the one who needs to open a claim since she's the one who posted it. I'm sorry this happened. I HATEEEEE when this happens.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I think she's the one who needs to open a claim since she's the one who posted it. I'm sorry this happened. I HATEEEEE when this happens.

I was still able to file a claim luckily.
I told the seller that it was out for delivery yesterday but never came & he was slightly dismissive (although I think that's his personality) and said that they usually don't return to sender after one attempt, and I had to make it clear to him that there was NEVER an attempt made. He said he'd call today but I never received an update & I'd rather get the ball rolling so I called myself!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Hey Everyone, I just wanted to update this thread so I can close this nightmare and be done with it all.

It never arrived yesterday or today so I went to the main UPS hub in my town, told them what was going on and they went to search the truck that it was supposed to be on when it was last scanned.

Low & behold they found the package, with an examined Customs sticker & clear sleeve on it but the package was torn & there wasn't anything in there.

So my ring was stolen
:(

I know there's so many bigger problems but I was so excited about this ring....
I feel bad for being so sad about this but I can't help it, I just feel violated right now.

I contacted the seller & told him what they found. He's even more confused than I am & I told him that I will no longer be in contact with UPS but he needs to to file a case & get his money back.

Sadly for him he only put $100 insurance on it. I feel bad but you should never do that just to make the import tax cheaper for someone, in the case that this happens & you're screwed. Plus unknowingly to him there is no import tax for us.

I told him that I will wait for the tracking system to update but once it does he needs to refund me or I will have to unfortunately open a case.

Sad for all involved....

Oh well man, sh*t happens I guess.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, that is terrible and you have every right to be upset. I’m so sorry!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results