carat
color
clarity

Antique English 14k Sapphire & Rose Cut Diamond Ring

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I'm just gonna be honest & won't sugarcoat things:

It does suck

I've never had this happen to me before, but it just sucks that it had to happen on this particular ring.
I was really in love with it & don't have anything like it in my collection.

Thanks for following guys & for the support.

Hopefully one day I can add an antique sapphire & diamond ring to my collection or even a rose cut diamond ring as I was equally excited about them..

What stinks is I can't even stress eat because I'm on a fast....gonna go cry now.
:wall:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My jaw dropped just now when I read your post. Stolen???
But how? By a postal employee?
Where did it come from and what cities did it go through?
Oh, @TheGarnetGirl ,, this makes me so sad.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry! How utterly terrible. I’m really sad for both of you.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
My jaw dropped just now when I read your post. Stolen???
But how? By a postal employee?
Where did it come from and what cities did it go through?
Oh, @TheGarnetGirl ,, this makes me so sad.

I know I'm in a bit of a shock myself & keep catching myself wanting to track the package like I've been excitedly doing all week.

It was coming from Canada, Ontario to be exact. Was examined by customs & given to UPS.
Then went to:

Detroit -> back to Canada (Windsor) -> Detroit -> Grand Rapids -> Cach IL -> Amarillo Tx -> Albuquerque -> then my city.

Last time It was scanned was in the truck and it said out for delivery :(

The woman at UPS said that it's considered a "Pilferage" (which sounds so violating to me) & that they turn it over to security for investigation. I asked her if stolen items are ever recovered & she said she doesn't know because they're a totally different dept. And not kept within the loop.

She thinks that someone at customs took the ring because I told her what the seller told me which was that when he was requesting a signature confirmation that the man warned him that the ring might be stolen because of it.

BUT when I got off the phone with her I realized that that couldn't be true because if so that would mean that a torn & empty package moved all the way through all of those cities and then just SIMULTANEOUSLY HAPPENED to get "lost" in the delivery truck. It's just unlikely.

I found out the person driving the specific truck made a stop by my house but left because she couldn't find the package but I personally think that she read the customs shipping declaration which he wrote "ring" on and she ripped it open, liked what she saw and took it.

This could have been my engagement ring for all she knows...sad people will do this especially people who are entrusted with our packages or mail.

I hardly ever use UPS, and this hit the nail in the coffin, whenever I can avoid them I will. USPS has always been great to me. I feel like they feel a real duty to their customers...I mean technically are even officers.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally think that she read the customs shipping declaration which he wrote "ring" on and she took it.

I think you're right.
I don't think the postal package should divulge the contents...too risky.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Wow, the seller already refunded me without seeing the updated tracking.

I really feel for him in this scenario.
He was a Russian man who seemed very kind, he only declared insurance on it for $100 to make things easier for me...only to find out doing so screwed him out of the money & ring and that it didn't even matter in the end.

I guess the case is closed guys.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is just so damn upsetting, I wonder if there is a camera on the UPS truck. Maybe if it was the driver the camera might have caught it! Of course I have no idea, it’s just so crappy that some horrible person has that ring instead of you.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
@stracci2000
Sadly for international packages you have to. Yet I still think that one can bend technicalities of what's inside.
For jewelry I've seen them write "art supplies" for example.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
That is just so damn upsetting, I wonder if there is a camera on the UPS truck. Maybe if it was the driver the camera might have caught it! Of course I have no idea, it’s just so crappy that some horrible person has that ring instead of you.

It really is.
Especially during the pandemic when many don't have much money, during the race wars, & this election. This being stolen was my breaking point.

I'll be fine though, gonna try to distract myself & have a cup of chai.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve used “fashion accessory” too, pretty much anything but “jewelry” or “ring” because honesty can get you screwed.

Well I’m glad you are practicing self care with some chai and when you’re up to it definitely resume your search, I’m sure you will find a wonderful treasure to put this all behind you.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It really is.
Especially during the pandemic when many don't have much money, during the race wars, & this election. This being stolen was my breaking point.

I'll be fine though, gonna try to distract myself & have a cup of chai.

I recently got scammed on an Ebay purchase myself. It was a video, not jewelry, but I felt violated just the same.
The package was never sent, and PayPal refunded me.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry for you. It’s heart breaking, you wanted that ring not a refund.
I just got a necklace from Loupe Troop delivered, posted mid September. I think it drifted here to Australia via a raft!
I always ask sellers / vendors to write something bland on the form. I don’t want thieves to be tempted. I like to write something totally accurate but purposefully vague.
A ring becomes Multi Crystal circle shape adornment.
A chain becomes Length of interconnected metal links.
Earrings become 2 x crystal / metal post with end clip.
Never mention gemstones by name, they are all cut crystals, gold and silver are metals.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
You ladies are the best! Thank you for your support & understanding in my disappointment. My beau already said to me that I was being melodramatic about what is simply jewelry - which may be true but I told him that it was the act of having something stolen from me & that sweet seller that just feels so maddening.

@YadaYadaYada I am going to let myself feel it but then move on & there's no better way to move on than with some sparkly distraction; Amma right?

I also have this emerald & pink spinel ring coming to me in the mail (USPS thank god lol) freshly designed & made by DanM so thats exciting! Ironically the ring has two teensy rose cuts set in the band.

rosecutttt.jpg

@stracci2000 You mean like a DVD or VHS? Am I the only person that has an extensive VHS collection & a perfectly working VHS player?! haha

I'm sorry that happened! Do you know if you were scammed as in they had always planned to not send it to you & had hoped that you were an inexperienced buyer that would shrug and say "oh well" or if perhaps there was an emergency or something happening in their life where they never sent the item but had good intentions?

Either way I'm glad you were promptly refunded. Not getting what you paid for & were excited to receive sucks.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I’m so sorry for you. It’s heart breaking, you wanted that ring not a refund.
I just got a necklace from Loupe Troop delivered, posted mid September. I think it drifted here to Australia via a raft!
I always ask sellers / vendors to write something bland on the form. I don’t want thieves to be tempted. I like to write something totally accurate but purposefully vague.
A ring becomes Multi Crystal circle shape adornment.
A chain becomes Length of interconnected metal links.
Earrings become 2 x crystal / metal post with end clip.
Never mention gemstones by name, they are all cut crystals, gold and silver are metals.

Thank you for understanding Bron<3
Exactly, I wanted that ring so badly...not the refund which I ended up having to receive.

& I am going to use those from now on! Those are wonderful AND completely accurate! If I quickly read any of those I would assume that they were probably a glass crystal ceiling fan attachment pulley hahaha

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you know if you were scammed as in they had always planned to not send it to you & had hoped that you were an inexperienced buyer

The item was Game of Thrones Complete Box Set DVDs
The seller had lots of videos listed and 100% positive feedback.
He sent me a tracking number, but there was no movement and it started looking like the package was never mailed. Then bad reviews started flooding in for the seller, many people saying they were given a fake tracking number. I knew then I'd been duped.
It was my first bad experience after 20 years of Ebay purchases!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
The item was Game of Thrones Complete Box Set DVDs
The seller had lots of videos listed and 100% positive feedback.
He sent me a tracking number, but there was no movement and it started looking like the package was never mailed. Then bad reviews started flooding in for the seller, many people saying they were given a fake tracking number. I knew then I'd been duped.
It was my first bad experience after 20 years of Ebay purchases!

That is so damn weird!
People are crazy!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, something about 2020 because this was your first year getting scammed on EBay and I got scammed on Diamond Bistro. People must be desperate, not having a job, possibly run out of unemployment. I would happily send them my unemployment benefit of $32 a week ;-)

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no! This sucks big time. I‘m sorry this happened. And don‘t feel bad about feeling bad. You‘ve got every right to. It‘s small things like the arrival of a long awaited package in times like this, that keeps hopes up. And it sucks if it goes wrong. But keep looking for it on eBay and such. I had a friend who found something that was stolen from him once on that platform.

Last edited:

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry for your loss! I know you really wanted the ring. But you will find another, and perhaps even better!

I’m glad at least the seller was kind and refunded.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results