shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique Diamond Necklace & Pin

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

singer

Brilliant_Rock
You are so lucky! As soon as I saw that necklace, I said to my fiance, "That necklace is gorgeous! It would go perfectly with my wedding dress!" I am torn between two dresses, but it would work perfectly with whichever one I decide on. They are also accented with gold. Now I know I want a necklace that looks similar to that! GORGEOUS!!!!
30.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/4/2006 3:22:14 PM
Author: albicocca
Hehe, but maybe once everyone sees me wearing the necklace at my wedding they''ll have a change of heart!
9.gif
Hehe it can be a wedding gift from the entire family. Can it be passed on to the grandchildren, lol, if you''re the only girl that works out perfectly
3.gif
I understand having a lot from the family, but that seems like something that you''d probably never have the opportunity to own something like ever again. I''d want that way more than a storage place full of furniture, hehe but thats just me, I know your family has had to work it out for what works for them.

It''ll be pretty incredible to wear that on your wedding day, just as other family members did before you. Very special! and very beauitful!! Lucky girl
1.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
awww...thanks MissIndecisive

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Wow...such a stunning and beautiful piece. If it were me, I''d do all that I could to keep that piece. Are your aunts crazy?!

And honestly, I don''t think you need earrings. One look at that necklace and no one will notice if you have bare ears. Can''t wait to see the neckshots!!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Wow, lot''s more comments! Thanks everyone!!!
9.gif

I''m kicking myself now, because I finally got the rest of my pictures from this weekend onto my computer last night, and I uploaded all the bridal shower ones to send to my friends but I FORGOT TO UPLOAD THE NECK SHOTS!!!
39.gif
But I''ll do it tonight I promise!!

Blue - I am the only granddaughter...hmmmm...
31.gif
Unfortunately, that means I already have already inherited several rings/necklaces where my brother/cousins and their wives don''t have any...so I''m not sure if I can get this out of them...

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
seriously, this is an important heirloom. I agree with widget..if you can, don''t let it be sold, it would be such a shame. You can wear it with jeans, a crisp tailored white shirt and beautiful shoes, that''s how Oprah wears some of hers and they look fantastic. Or you can pass them to your daughter when she gets married.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wonderful important pieces!!!!! Glad you''ll be able to wear them!

cheers--Sharon

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Albi,

I couldn''t post right away because this is a subject that is so near to my heart and your story was making me cry. First off, the necklace and pin are magnificent!! You will look unbelievable wearing them on your wedding day.

I know you don''t think there is any way you can keep these but you must, must try as hard as you can!!!! It''s a long, too involved story, but I have nothing from either my father or mother''s side. Oh, what I wouldn''t give for something like this! Just the family history alone is enough to make we weepy! I am a big genealogy buff and the thought of having such items that are dated with such important family events are beyond a dream. Please, please find a way to keep them. Your genealogy loving grandchildren would forever thank you!

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
I think your family will be very disappointed about the amount of money they will get....there is no such thing as "retail price" when it is resale. The diamonds are not as valuable since they are old cuts....I discovered this when I had my 1840''s ring appraised. I somehow thought that it would appraise for more since it was such an old piece, but alas, no.

But if you can find a great independent appraiser, and some offers from resalers that all sisters agree are the best that can be done, you and your mom might ask for "first refusal" to pay the other sisters their share of the best offer you get. No one gets less than they would have, and you aren''t paying more than it could be sold for.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Albi, I am so sad for your dilemma. I hope you can find a way to keep this. maybe what Wallermama suggest could be done.
Date: 4/5/2006 1:17:10 PM
Author: wallermama
I think your family will be very disappointed about the amount of money they will get....there is no such thing as ''retail price'' when it is resale. The diamonds are not as valuable since they are old cuts....I discovered this when I had my 1840''s ring appraised. I somehow thought that it would appraise for more since it was such an old piece, but alas, no.

But if you can find a great independent appraiser, and some offers from resalers that all sisters agree are the best that can be done, you and your mom might ask for ''first refusal'' to pay the other sisters their share of the best offer you get. No one gets less than they would have, and you aren''t paying more than it could be sold for.
shay

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
albi, those are beautiful pieces!! There''s really no chance in talking your sisters into keeping them? That''s family history right there. I agree with the other posters: do everything in your power to try to keep them. It''s just so hard to find pieces like those nowadays.

They''re gorgeous and I''ll be keeping my eye out for the neck shots.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
NECK SHOT TIME!
9.gif

apb7912.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
There are quite a few of these too!
1.gif

apb7913.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and that is obviously not my wedding dress, hehe.
20.gif
That''s a gold tank top that I tried the necklace on with since my dress is strapless ivory with lace overlay with some gold embroidery in it and that was the close I could approximate on 30 seconds notice.
9.gif

apb7916.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
I was just holding my arm out and aiming it roughly at myself in some of these photos while my mom also took pictures with her camera. Hehe. We''re losers!

apb7919.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
a closer up view...

apb7923crop.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
on my mom!

apb7928.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Last one!
3.gif

apb7929b.jpg

MissIndecisive

Shiny_Rock
It is absoltely beautiful!

It will look STUNNING with your wedding gown!
30.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!!! I''m sure it will look fantastic with your wedding gown. I hope you find a way to keep it in the family!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don''t let your aunties sell it--sneak away on the honeymoon and deposit the necklace and the pin in a Swiss bank! Lol! You have the PERFECT neck and hair to wear that necklace, albi. So, so elegant! I love it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results