carat
color
clarity

Antique Asscher ring by CVB Inspired Design

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi DS!
I actually think the Legacy band looks AWESOME with your ring.
I think it's a perfect scale and the two designs together make total "sense."
I personally wouldn't change a thing! :love: :love: :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rubies-R-Me|1486344488|4124696 said:
Hi DS!

Well, thank you so much,Rubies! I certainly value your opinion! :wavey: That's actually good since I really prefer wearing a band with the ring!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too like the Tiffany band with your new ring! I know there are certain nuances that the camera can't capture that you might see in real life but from the pictures, it looks great!!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely beautiful! :love: :love: :love:

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Rubies-R-Me|1486344488|4124696 said:
Hi DS!

I'm with Rubies! I can't even imagine a more perfect or lovely set.

But.... please forgive my tardy-ness to this thread, this is the most absolutely divine asscher ring I have ever seen.

I can not BELEIVE the turns and twists that somehow ended with this incredible diamond and ring on your finger. It is epic. Perfect.

That diamond- seriously, the prettiest and best size and the facets and outline- seriously. Ugh. Swoon. I die.

Aaaaaand, the setting- classic perfection. The tab prongs- the silouette, the accents- all add up, all flow, it is a work of art. Gorgeous.

Looks amazing on your finger- and I love that setting with a band, I think it lends itself more than other settings to looking nice with a band.

I am so excited and happy for you!!!!!

Out of this world, and, it is so classy and the diamond is just a lush size so you can really admire the facets and play of the gem, and yet so refined and unpretentious that it looks completely at home in any social setting. It is perfect. I love love love!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Crystal and MGR! I took pictures with another band and will post those in a minute!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
apacherose|1486393010|4124821 said:
I'm with Rubies! I can't even imagine a more perfect or lovely set.

But.... please forgive my tardy-ness to this thread, this is the most absolutely divine asscher ring I have ever seen.

I can not BELEIVE the turns and twists that somehow ended with this incredible diamond and ring on your finger. It is epic. Perfect.

That diamond- seriously, the prettiest and best size and the facets and outline- seriously. Ugh. Swoon. I die.

Aaaaaand, the setting- classic perfection. The tab prongs- the silouette, the accents- all add up, all flow, it is a work of art. Gorgeous.

Looks amazing on your finger- and I love that setting with a band, I think it lends itself more than other settings to looking nice with a band.

I am so excited and happy for you!!!!!

Out of this world, and, it is so classy and the diamond is just a lush size so you can really admire the facets and play of the gem, and yet so refined and unpretentious that it looks completely at home in any social setting. It is perfect. I love love love!!!!

Aww, apacherose! :wavey: I am so glad to see you here and thank you so much for your very kind words! You and I are AVR sisters and you know how much I adore your ring! I only hope to set mine in a setting half as complimentary as yours is to your AVR eventually! We have very much the same taste, so I am really glad you love my new ring!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have another band by CVB that I think would be perfect with this ring if it had all diamonds! I might still wear it with the sapphires, or I might have a new one made. I think it is exactly the right proportion to the e-ring in terms of height and width and the stones shapes compliment the e-ring. At the bottom, I'll post the pic with the Legacy band again. Sorry about the awful lighting. Too much hardwood flooring and beige walls in my house!

2017-02-06_11.jpg

2017-02-05_0.jpg

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooh!! Now that's super pretty too!
I like the way the rectangle shape of the sapphires in the band mimic the pattern of your ring.
And I do love me some color in a band. :wavey:
However.. that being said.. I think the other one is simple perfection and it will be hard to top.
:lol: This could be your Saturday/Sunday set and the Tiffany combo could be your Monday-Friday choice. :lol:
All stunning! :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see what you are saying and I think the sapphire band is pretty too but I still think I prefer the Legacy band. It seems a bit thinner and doesn't overpower the asscher somehow.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rubies-R-Me|1486410506|4124941 said:
Ooooh!! Now that's super pretty too!
I like the way the rectangle shape of the sapphires in the band mimic the pattern of your ring.
And I do love me some color in a band. :wavey:
However.. that being said.. I think the other one is simple perfection and it will be hard to top.
:lol: This could be your Saturday/Sunday set and the Tiffany combo could be your Monday-Friday choice. :lol:
All stunning! :love:

MissGotRocks said:
I see what you are saying and I think the sapphire band is pretty too but I still think I prefer the Legacy band. It seems a bit thinner and doesn't overpower the asscher somehow.

I think that sounds like a good plan! Use the Legacy band as my main band and just use the other on occasion! The Legacy band is actually 2.2mm and the sapphire one is around 2mm, so not too much difference. I appreciate both of you giving me your valued opinions. I think you have convinced me I don't have to get another band! Thanks!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the CVB band paired with it DS. The shape and bezeled stones and lower profile actually makes the Assher pop more imo. I also have the Legacy band and it's a bit tricky with some pairings and doesn't always look right. Mine sits pretty high up off my finger, like 2.2mm. How does it look in profile?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a little family pic of my favorite rings at the moment. (I hate that phone pics never do justice to diamonds, though!) I really am fortunate that three are from Caysie (CVB), and I hope to find another project to do with her this year!

2017-02-06_1.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bonfire|1486426714|4125113 said:
I really like the CVB band paired with it DS. The shape and bezeled stones and lower profile actually makes the Assher pop more imo. I also have the Legacy band and it's a bit tricky with some pairings and doesn't always look right. Mine sits pretty high up off my finger, like 2.2mm. How does it look in profile?

Thanks, Bonfire! I think then you get the scale of Caysie's settings compared to the Legacy band which is slightly higher. My Vatche setting with the AVR sets that stone higher, so the entire head of that ring is above the Legacy band, whereas the asscher ring sits lower. I thought that might be a problem at first, but I don't think anyone would notice that but me. It looks okay from the profile but the CVB french cut sapphire band is perfectly proportioned to go with the asscher ring. I am sure if I had had that ring made with all diamonds, it would be the ring I'd wear all the time. But it would be preferable not to have to buy another expensive band, and french cut diamonds are $$$!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: F A N T A S T I C!!! :appl:
It's all mix and match! A dream come true! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rubies-R-Me|1486427320|4125123 said:
:appl: F A N T A S T I C!!! :appl:
It's all mix and match! A dream come true! :love:

You are so sweet! Thank you so much!!!

And, guess what? One of the top two things on my wishlist includes a RUBY, hopefully this year! :love:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1486427242|4125120 said:
Bonfire|1486426714|4125113 said:

Thanks, Bonfire! I think then you get the scale of Caysie's settings compared to the Legacy band which is slightly higher. My Vatche setting with the AVR sets that stone higher, so the entire head of that ring is above the Legacy band, whereas the asscher ring sits lower. I thought that might be a problem at first, but I don't think anyone would notice that but me. It looks okay from the profile but the CVB french cut sapphire band is perfectly proportioned to go with the asscher ring. I am sure if I had had that ring made with all diamonds, it would be the ring I'd wear all the time. But it would be preferable not to have to buy another expensive band, and french cut diamonds are $$$!

My Geneva band by CVB would be perfect! Maybe the vertical stations would be distracting? It's pretty darn close to exactly 2mm

img_14883.jpg

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eek! Sorry that picture is so huge! :o

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bonfire|1486427992|4125130 said:

Oh, it's fine! That definitely would be a complimentary band with the french cuts since the sides to the asscher are diamond french cuts! All of Caysie's bands are beautiful! Thanks for reminding me about that one!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1486428903|4125139 said:

Oh, it's fine! That definitely would be a complimentary band with the french cuts since the sides to the asscher are diamond french cuts! All of Caysie's bands are beautiful! Thanks for reminding me about that one!

Too bad we don't live closer to each other. I'd be happy to let you take her for a "test drive". These rings always look different in person then in these magnified pics. I believe we wear the same size! :lol: :wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bonfire|1486429106|4125142 said:
diamondseeker2006|1486428903|4125139 said:

Too bad we don't live closer to each other. I'd be happy to let you take her for a "test drive". These rings always look different in person then in these magnified pics. I believe we wear the same size! :lol: :wavey:

Oh gosh, we need to move closer, then! :lol: I want to try on your e-ring, too, because as you know, I can't decide on a setting for my AVR! It helps me SO much to be able to try things on!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
DS, this is one of the most beautiful pictures I have ever seen! WHAT A COLLECTION!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1486506241|4125642 said:
DS, this is one of the most beautiful pictures I have ever seen! WHAT A COLLECTION!!!

Aww, you are so sweet, Rosebloom! I wish the picture did the rings more justice. What I saw looked better than that picture! But I know I am very fortunate to have found PS and accessed stones and jewelry makers that are exceptional. Thank you!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
WOw!

The updated pics!!!!!

the geneva band would be nice. i agree with your thoughts on the vertical stations. I am thinking more like full, 1/2 or 3/4 eternity band... EW setting of some baguettes? .... I have seen some rectangular frenchies (on various sites and not in person) and they have a bit of sparkle compared to step cuts... it might work but need to see it next to the band to make sure it compliments and doenst distract the eye from the asscher....

BUT...... having the geneva means you can stack with the sapphire and diamond band,too! Not, that you couldn't stack the asscher if you had a channel set eternity... oh.... oh, the joyous dilemma :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

:cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1486426888|4125116 said:
Here's a little family pic of my favorite rings at the moment. (I hate that phone pics never do justice to diamonds, though!) I really am fortunate that three are from Caysie (CVB), and I hope to find another project to do with her this year!

I keep coming back to this thread to admire your rings! Love this family photo :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow! Gorgeous!!! :love: :love: :love:

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock

Love this photo!

My goodness those diamonds are sublime, and that sapphire ring and band! :love:

What a gorgeous and classic collection you have curated!

Both bands look amazing with your ring, I think you could pick on your mood which of them you'd like to sport- or if you wore your sapphire on your right then the sapphire band on your left ties it all together. I am surprised how much I truly love the legacy with your asscher ring. To my eye the legacy allows the geometric focus to remain more on the diamond and ring which is perfectly balanced as is. Does CVB have a French cut eternity that continues the French cut all the way around seamlessly?

Thank you so much for being so sweet and complementary to my ring- you are too kind and I am so touched. We are so lucky to have such pretty diamonds they would probably be gorgeous no matter which setting we chose, lol. Thank you for sharing your beautiful rings- love them all!

Bordeaux

Rough_Rock
Just wow! What a stunning family shot, too. They all complement each other perfectly. It's amazing how the tab prongs blend so seamlessly with the shape of your asscher. You can hardly see them at a distance! Thank you for sharing your lovely collection! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gregchang35|1486529163|4125816 said:
WOw!

The updated pics!!!!!

the geneva band would be nice. i agree with your thoughts on the vertical stations. I am thinking more like full, 1/2 or 3/4 eternity band... EW setting of some baguettes? .... I have seen some rectangular frenchies (on various sites and not in person) and they have a bit of sparkle compared to step cuts... it might work but need to see it next to the band to make sure it compliments and doenst distract the eye from the asscher....

BUT...... having the geneva means you can stack with the sapphire and diamond band,too! Not, that you couldn't stack the asscher if you had a channel set eternity... oh.... oh, the joyous dilemma :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

:cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:

Ohh, I think an eternity with rectangular french cuts sounds very nice!! :love: In fact, Bright Ice has one of Caysie's bands with those and rounds in between. I need to try that on the next time I see her!

I love bands, but sadly I can only stack two if they are very thin, like under 2mm each. My fingers are pretty long overall, but below the knuckle, they are shorter, so that doesn't work well for stacking!

You are right, though, a glorious dilemma indeed! Thanks, Greg!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your nice comments, mochiko, missy, apacherose, and Bordeaux!

apacherose...I was just telling Greg that Caysie has done alternating rectangular french cuts with small rounds. Bright Ice has a partial eternity like that from Caysie. I think all french cuts would be beautiful. Once I have the chance to try on Bright Ice's band, I will have a better idea of whether I think that is the best option to go with my ring. And yes, we are both very fortunate in regard to diamonds! Thank you again!

OH...I forgot to tell y'all something important! I get to go to a Singlestone trunk show this weekend, so I may get some good band ideas there!!!! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results