shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique Asscher ring by CVB Inspired Design

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, DF, sparklyOEC, CareBear, and asscher girl!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
asscher_girl|1483290133|4111355 said:
Oh DS it's absolutely beautiful!!!! Wowza! I love it so much!!! The tab prongs are gorgeous and I love the french cut side stones. CVB did a really great job. Welcome to the K SI1 step cut club ;-) You're going to love it, hehe :) Your stone faces up almost the same as mine (mine's pretty spready so it faces up more than a 2.52 typically would). Mine is 8.70 x 7.63. I sometimes think of resetting mine in into a more simple setting but I do adore my SB setting. Enjoy your new beauty and keep taking more pics, we won't get sick of them, I promise!

Thanks, asscher girl!!! I was hoping you'd see it! You know your ring is one of my top, all time favorites, and I agonized over whether to set it similar to yours or how it ended up! Very much a coincidence that our color and clarity are the same! I know the feeling of just liking more than one option. I feel that with the AVR...if I change to halo, I am certain I will miss having a solitaire, but I get tired of that sometimes and wish I could have a gorgeous halo setting!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS, so happy it's finally complete :clap: It's gorgeous and I'm actually a little jealous but so glad you ended up with the diamond :love: The setting is perfect!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bright ice|1483366116|4111553 said:
DS, so happy it's finally complete :clap: It's gorgeous and I'm actually a little jealous but so glad you ended up with the diamond :love: The setting is perfect!

I am so glad you like it! It definitely wouldn't have been possible without you! You ended up with an incredible and much larger stone, so I think we both ended up to be very fortunate!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks DS! I'm still so in love with my ring, so I think I'd have a hard time resetting it. Maybe I should just get another one (OEC) and set it in a more simple setting, then we can be opposites, haha! I'd love to have 2 :) Enjoy your new beauty, I think you picked the perfect setting for it! And when you want a halo, you can wear your sapphire ring from CVB (it was sapphire right?). You have a gorgeous collection, enjoy it and wear it all in the best of health and happiness!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
asscher_girl|1483373175|4111571 said:
Thanks DS! I'm still so in love with my ring, so I think I'd have a hard time resetting it. Maybe I should just get another one (OEC) and set it in a more simple setting, then we can be opposites, haha! I'd love to have 2 :) Enjoy your new beauty, I think you picked the perfect setting for it! And when you want a halo, you can wear your sapphire ring from CVB (it was sapphire right?). You have a gorgeous collection, enjoy it and wear it all in the best of health and happiness!!

I think you should get an OEC next!!! Very true, the fact that I had just set the EC sapphire in the antique style halo did deter me from going in that direction.

Thanks so much! Your opinion means a lot to me because we have very similar taste!

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So excited to see this ring, I love it! I think you chose the most perfect inspiration design for it - it suits the diamond, and your personal style, perfectly!!! I'm STILL waffling on a permanent setting for my own vintage asscher, lol. I go back and forth between something clean, deco and understated like yours, versus a more ornate pave deco halo like asschergirl's. Those are my top two ideas, and they are total opposites! :lol:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a ring. And all it went through to end up on your hand. It was meant to be!!! Congrats. I just love it. :love:

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! This asscher is fantastic! The setting suits it perfectly!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ericad|1483384128|4111610 said:
So excited to see this ring, I love it! I think you chose the most perfect inspiration design for it - it suits the diamond, and your personal style, perfectly!!! I'm STILL waffling on a permanent setting for my own vintage asscher, lol. I go back and forth between something clean, deco and understated like yours, versus a more ornate pave deco halo like asschergirl's. Those are my top two ideas, and they are total opposites! :lol:

Aww, thanks for stopping in to comment, Erica!!! :wavey: I am so glad you like it!!! I know exactly how you feel, though, because as you know, I have had my AVR for 3.5 years and still haven't been able to commit to a new setting!!! Of course, I had exactly the same dilemma when deciding about my asscher setting. In my case, my likes can be for the more ornate sometimes, but my reality is jeans and sweats, and the more clean and understated deco look works a little better for me most of the time! :lol: I look forward to seeing what you decide! You have a great antique asscher, too!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks derbygal and Yimmers!!!!

Tarrotka

Rough_Rock
Oh, wow, DS, your asscher is gorgeous. I can see why you fell in love with it. Congrats!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such classic design and executed so well :appl: :appl:. Thanks for the comparison shots with your AVR - always helpful to see how asscher looks next to round.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much, Tarrotka and baby monster!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking forward to trying on your new ring on my finger soon! :love:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS this is exquisite and I am so glad the stone made its way to you! It is lovely and the perfect size on your hand. If I ever have a step cut I would want it to be just like this one. Cassie did an outstanding job on the setting and it's perfect for that stone. You and I share love for the same looks and I love your collection. Enjoy it immensely and have fun choosing which to wear each day. :D

ringcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
An amazing stunning asscher and an amazing stunning setting to go with it. Very happy for you DS!! :appl:

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another spectacular creation! DS, it's stunning! Enjoy, lucky lady! :D

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
m-2-b|1483506318|4112166 said:
Looking forward to trying on your new ring on my finger soon! :love:

That feeling is mutual! :lol: I might wanna trade. :naughty: :lol: :lol: :lol:

redwood66 said:
DS this is exquisite and I am so glad the stone made its way to you! It is lovely and the perfect size on your hand. If I ever have a step cut I would want it to be just like this one. Cassie did an outstanding job on the setting and it's perfect for that stone. You and I share love for the same looks and I love your collection. Enjoy it immensely and have fun choosing which to wear each day. :D

Thanks so much, redwood! We definitely do share the same taste in jewelry. I always use your cushion as my example of the perfect antique cushion! I had my eye out either for an antique cushion or asscher, and great ones are so very hard to come by. But the asscher came along quite unexpectedly, so I feel very fortunate to have it!

ringcat said:
An amazing stunning asscher and an amazing stunning setting to go with it. Very happy for you DS!! :appl:

Aww, thanks, ringcat!

rainydaze said:
Another spectacular creation! DS, it's stunning! Enjoy, lucky lady! :D

Thanks so much, rainy!!!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DS!! You did it!!! This is absolutely stunning. A beautiful and elegant ring. I am just blown away don't know what to say. Wow! :love: and congratulations!!! :appl: :love: :appl:

dazzlerazzle

Shiny_Rock
LOVE LOVE LOVE! What a stunning stone, and what stunning taste - to choose THAT setting and CVB to execute so beautifully (yes, better than the original for sure!)

The cut is jaw-dropping, the size is perfect for you, the proportions are exactly right. I LOVE the side stones!!

Oh geeeeez, I can already tell asschers will be next on my list... :naughty:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hathalove|1483545954|4112282 said:
DS!! You did it!!! This is absolutely stunning. A beautiful and elegant ring. I am just blown away don't know what to say. Wow! :love: and congratulations!!! :appl: :love: :appl:

Thanks so much, hathalove! We can be asscher sisters! Obviously, I feel the same way about your gorgeous new ring!

dazzlerazzle said:
LOVE LOVE LOVE! What a stunning stone, and what stunning taste - to choose THAT setting and CVB to execute so beautifully (yes, better than the original for sure!)

The cut is jaw-dropping, the size is perfect for you, the proportions are exactly right. I LOVE the side stones!!

Oh geeeeez, I can already tell asschers will be next on my list... :naughty:

Dazzle, thank you so much! I am so pleased at how this ring turned out! We are about to be AVR sisters, so we obviously like similar things, too! :lol:

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That. is. stunning. :love: :love: :love:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CVB once again delivers a swoon worthy ring. It looks so beautiful on your hand too.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy...

I'm late to work.
Then I have a meeting.
Then I plan to closet myself for an hour and drool over this.
I'll be back. Oh, I'll definitely be back. OMG. OMG!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much, Violet and Calliecake! Caysie really did a fabulous job!

Yssie said:
Holy...

I'm late to work.
Then I have a meeting.
Then I plan to closet myself for an hour and drool over this.
I'll be back. Oh, I'll definitely be back. OMG. OMG!!!

Oh, Yssie!!! :lol: I am so happy you stopped in!!! It means a lot to me that you apparently like it! :lol: Thank you!

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
DS2006, your ring is fabulous!! :appl: Did Caysie source K SI1 french cuts and rounds to match your antique asscher? Do you know the dimensions (width, height, depth) of the french cuts? Are the rounds single-cuts? The setting you chose is really perfect for your stone! I would love to see more photos and close-ups. :cheeky:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skhii|1483753501|4113170 said:
DS2006, your ring is fabulous!! :appl: Did Caysie source K SI1 french cuts and rounds to match your antique asscher? Do you know the dimensions (width, height, depth) of the french cuts? Are the rounds single-cuts? The setting you chose is really perfect for your stone! I would love to see more photos and close-ups. :cheeky:

Thank you! I believe the french cuts are I VS and around 2x4mm. She had them custom cut. The little rounds are too tiny to even tell whether they are single or full cuts without magnification! I didn't even ask Caysie what she used there. I think we are going to be trapped at home in the snow for a few days, so I will see if I can take some more pictures!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats DS, beautiful ring, I'm glad that it got to stay within the PS family!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Arkie!!!

Here's a quick pic sitting in the 8" of snow we got last night. Sorry this was in the shade, but I didn't want to go out further than just outside the door! :lol:

2017-01-07_14.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results