shape
carat
color
clarity

Another fork please - my experience with 23rd Street Jewelers!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2008 8:21:22 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Singlestone ring with sapphire
I missed this earlier! *swoon*
30.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dem, it''s perfect...it looks great on you and your stone just is the STAR in that setting..

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad to have you so excited over your ring! It is just beautiful - clean and classic - I love it!!
36.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 7:04:23 PM
Author: coatimundi
Date: 12/2/2008 6:49:35 PM

Author: Demelza

Thanks for the compliments on my ring! I really do love it.

Wow -- SS did a great job with your prongs! I looked up the original thread on your oval and I agree that the prongs were way too blocky. What a difference! Did they have to unset the stone? Have you been to their store? What kind of eternity ring are you looking for?

I''m glad you love your ring--it''s elegant and sleek--the best kind!

Thanks about the prongs--yah the others were Blocky MCBLOCK! Ari said that the first jeweler was probably trying to make it as secure as he could--a little too secure--haha. They unset all 3 stones and reset them--they also added millgrain on the shank by the pave.

I''ve been to their store a few times--I love it! Are you in Los Angeles? I live here, so it''s easy for me. I want a bead set eternity with millgrain--1.5mm-something really dainty. (I like Leon''s quality a bit better for this style)

It''s hard to go in that store, and not walk out with an old cut! I just can''t right now...blah. I''ve been thinking about changing that oval ring entirely--meaning--no oval!(and a totally different setting)--but it has such amazing spread--1.5ct 9.5X6.6mm, that I''m hanging onto it for awhile. This is the ring that will most probably undergo changes--as you well understand! (sorry for blabbing away on your thread!)

I know what you mean about the old cuts. That''s next on my very long list. I saw an incredible antique three-stone at SS for a mere 22k! It was stunning!! I grew up in LA, but moved away 5 years ago. I come down every couple of months for a couple of weeks at a time to see my family, so I try to take care of all my jewelry business then. My only complaint about SS is that they''re downtown. It''s kind of a pain dealing with the traffic there.

What would you do with your oval? Will your jeweler take it in on trade? It''s a beautiful ring, but I can well understand wanting to tinker with it! I really am desperate for an OEC and would trade in my emerald cut for a great OEC in a heartbeat. I just hate losing money!

How soon will you get your Leon?

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Ellen -- Thanks for the kind words! I really do think this is EXACTLY what the doctor ordered. And if it's not, my husband is having me committed.

Skippy and Neatfreak -- Thanks so much!

MrsSalvo -- I'm so glad you like it! I can't wait for you to get your forever ring too!!

MGR -- Thanks for putting up with me during all the insanity!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Demelza, your new setting is beautiful. Truly. I''m confused though. You have an EC too?

SS does have incredible french cuts and they do an amazing job on their cutting. They had to re-cut a couple of times for my antique french cut band to get them to be the exact size and with your eye, you cant tell they inserted two newly cut stones, they''re that perfect. I''ve seen that french/OEC band in person too, it''s divine.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2008 12:38:18 AM
Author: surfgirl
Demelza, your new setting is beautiful. Truly. I''m confused though. You have an EC too?

SS does have incredible french cuts and they do an amazing job on their cutting. They had to re-cut a couple of times for my antique french cut band to get them to be the exact size and with your eye, you cant tell they inserted two newly cut stones, they''re that perfect. I''ve seen that french/OEC band in person too, it''s divine.

Hey Surfgirl! Nice to see you and thanks for the kind words about my ring.

Yes, I have an EC too. It''s a stone I bought myself quite a while before I was engaged. It''s a lovely stone, but, if I had it to do all over again, I''d definitely go the OEC route.

I totally agree with you that SS''s french cuts are amazing. Have you seen that huge french cut eternity band they have? It''s amazing!! One of the sales associates at 23rd Street wears it with her huge 3-stone cushion engagement ring and it''s just stunning!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Dem, I LOVE your new setting!!! Its gorgeous!!! I hope you enjoy it for very long time!!!
2.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
so gorgeous, Dem! i daresay that is my favorite solitaire setting now. so fluid and elegant, and i love how it sits on your finger. i''m glad you are thrilled with it!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results