shape
carat
color
clarity

Another fork please - my experience with 23rd Street Jewelers!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are the pictures of the setting:

2.03 YR11-7B (2).JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
ds, that setting is gorgeous!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Well, I''m back from Singlestone! Their stuff is really gorgeous. They have so many gorgeous eternity bands, it was almost overwhelming. I was going to take the camera, but my husband took my daughter to ride a pony for the first time and I decided that having pictures of that is more important than having pictures of rings. It was a tough call, though
11.gif

Here''s what I found out:

It is indeed true that Singlestone''s prices are lower (albeit only slightly) than the same ring at 23rd Street.

I also discovered that I''m in love with Singlestone''s french-cuts. They''re INCREDIBLE. I know which band I want: alternating bezel-set OECS and french-cuts.

DS -- I saw that exact ring you posted!! It''s gorgeous and would look amazing with a sapphire. Did you get a quote on the setting alone? Are their settings handmade or cast?

:)

Brilliant_Rock
ROFL Demelza - I read your title and thought you had a bad experience with 23rd!
THanks for posting your experiences (and the name of the person you worked with), and thanks for pricing your project out at several vendors to compare - always good info to tuck in the back of my mind for future reference! (I didn't think they would be cheaper than Servis and Taylor)
When are we going to get to see your pics?

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2008 3:49:00 PM
Author: :)
ROFL Demelza - I read your title and thought you had a bad experience with 23rd!

THanks for posting your experiences (and the name of the person you worked with), and thanks for pricing your project out at several vendors to compare - always good info to tuck in the back of my mind for future reference! (I didn''t think they would be cheaper than Servis and Taylor)

When are we going to get to see your pics?

I should have realized the title of the thread would be confusing. It refers to a claim I made a couple years ago that you could put a fork in me because I was done tinkering with my ring. HA! Anyway, I''m glad the info was helpful. Thanks for recommending Servis and Taylor. I still haven''t made it over to their store (I avoid malls this time of year), but would like to check it out. Peter Norman was the other jeweler I was considering and they were right on par with 23rd Street in terms of price.

I''ll definitely have pics up on Monday, if not before.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Haha!
When you do go to Servis and Taylor, be sure to stop by Antigua on the bottom floor to check it out
18.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay looking forward to pics!!! Can''t wait!!!
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/29/2008 7:39:04 AM
Author: Ellen
ds, that setting is gorgeous!
I sincerely think I like it better than the Legacy, which is good, since it would cost less!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/29/2008 3:37:10 PM
Author: Demelza
Well, I''m back from Singlestone! Their stuff is really gorgeous. They have so many gorgeous eternity bands, it was almost overwhelming. I was going to take the camera, but my husband took my daughter to ride a pony for the first time and I decided that having pictures of that is more important than having pictures of rings. It was a tough call, though
11.gif

It is indeed true that Singlestone''s prices are lower (albeit only slightly) than the same ring at 23rd Street.

I also discovered that I''m in love with Singlestone''s french-cuts. They''re INCREDIBLE. I know which band I want: alternating bezel-set OECS and french-cuts.

DS -- I saw that exact ring you posted!! It''s gorgeous and would look amazing with a sapphire. Did you get a quote on the setting alone? Are their settings handmade or cast?
Oh, that must have been a very fun visit!!! I am sure that ring must be gorgeous in person! I did get a quote on the setting back in Feb. or March. I do not recall asking if they were handmade or cast. Did you look closely at the quality? I am seriously a lot like you in terms of wanting things to be perfect, especially when it is something you want to be an heirloom. I just found pictures of the sapphire one and you''ll see why I want one! I''ll resize and post them.

I am excited for you that you found a ring you love!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Singlestone ring with sapphire

!cid_X_MA1_1205882293@aol.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
one more (I should have really pursued this ring, but I was hung up on choosing my own sapphire. Now I realize how hard it is to find a perfect sapphire!)

!cid_X_MA2_1205882293@aol.jpg

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2008 8:19:29 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Date: 11/29/2008 3:37:10 PM

11.gif

Oh, that must have been a very fun visit!!! I am sure that ring must be gorgeous in person! I did get a quote on the setting back in Feb. or March. I do not recall asking if they were handmade or cast. Did you look closely at the quality? I am seriously a lot like you in terms of wanting things to be perfect, especially when it is something you want to be an heirloom. I just found pictures of the sapphire one and you''ll see why I want one! I''ll resize and post them.

I am excited for you that you found a ring you love!

The ring is very pretty in person. I saw it in the case as I was on my way out, so I didn''t get a very close-up look at the quality. From what I could see it looked very nice, as does everything else in their store. The eternity bands are all lovely with good symmetry and polish. The fact that 23rd Street carries their line also suggests superior quality. I wouldn''t hesitate to use them. In fact, I contacted them for a quote on my solitaire, but never heard back.

I love that setting with a sapphire in it -- even better than with the diamond. Is that sapphire ring no longer available?

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Hey Demelza--Glad you had a good time at SS! They just did a prong makeover on my oval 3 stone, and it looks great. Their bands are irresistible, eh? Are they making you the oec/french cut band?

DS I love that ring! I love the detail of the wraps/bands on the shank--I''m partial to that look.
30.gif

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
My engagement ring was made by Servis & Taylor. Michael sourced the diamond for me. Even though I would have chosen another stone now... I would recommend them - Michael is a very nice person to deal with.

Ari at Singlestone is as well. I ALMOST had him reset my asscher until I decided to upgrade and will work with Leon in a month or so. GL!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2008 1:43:21 PM
Author: coatimundi
Hey Demelza--Glad you had a good time at SS! They just did a prong makeover on my oval 3 stone, and it looks great. Their bands are irresistible, eh? Are they making you the oec/french cut band?

DS I love that ring! I love the detail of the wraps/bands on the shank--I'm partial to that look.
30.gif

What did SS do to your prongs? I'm just curious as I have a ring whose prongs I don't like. Anyway, yes, their bands are irresistible. I LOVE their french cuts -- Patti said they're hand cut from baguettes. Interesting, huh? Yes, I probably will order the french cut/OEC band, but I need to wait a little while. I'm hoping it will happen soon, though, because none of the bands I already have look very good with the new setting. I also tried on the Jazz band at Tiffany's (like Musey's) and thought it looked quite nice, but for the same amount of money, I think I'd rather have the SS band. I'll take my time to decide.

Miss Fortune -- I'd love to see your Servis & Taylor ring! Do you have any pictures?

Okay, I have a handful of pics. It's overcast and rainy out (and will be for the foreseeable future), so they're really not very good -- certainly not worthy of their own thread -- but I figure they're better than nothing. I know it might be hard to get too excited about a simple solitaire like this, but I love it!

This first one was taken at night. That's why the color is a bit off.

23rdStreetER0001_8.JPG

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
in daylight...

23rdSTER0001.JPG

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
sideview...

23rdSTER0001_4.JPG

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
another from the front...

23rdSTER0001_3.JPG

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
another nighttime shot...

23rdStreetER0001_7.JPG

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
last one...

23rdStreetER0001_6.JPG

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I have been waiting for these pics. Beautiful and very delicate! I love those prongs.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 5:16:45 PM
Author: CharmyPoo
I have been waiting for these pics. Beautiful and very delicate! I love those prongs.

Thanks! I''ve been thinking about you -- how are you doing with the waiting? Your Maytal should be ready very soon, right? Can''t wait to see YOUR pics!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Demelza,

WELL you are a little insane
2.gif
, BUT it really is very beautiful solitaire. I liked the Micheal B too that you had before, but I find this setting nicer. I don''t know, more classic I guess. It has a gorgeous fluidity about it. Enjoy it!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Demelza it''s awesome! Classic, fluid, and very graceful. I love the simplicity of it--great choice!

Let me drum up a photo of my SS prong makeover...just a sec.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 5:10:52 PM

DS I love that ring! I love the detail of the wraps/bands on the shank--I'm partial to that look.
30.gif

What did SS do to your prongs? I'm just curious as I have a ring whose prongs I don't like. Anyway, yes, their bands are irresistible. I LOVE their french cuts -- Patti said they're hand cut from baguettes. Interesting, huh? Yes, I probably will order the french cut/OEC band, but I need to wait a little while. I'm hoping it will happen soon, though, because none of the bands I already have look very good with the new setting. I also tried on the Jazz band at Tiffany's (like Musey's) and thought it looked quite nice, but for the same amount of money, I think I'd rather have the SS band. I'll take my time to decide.

Here are a couple photos of the new prongs. I wanted the prongs to be as minimal as possible, so they made tiny claws for me. The old prongs were HUGE squared off and crazy looking. This works much better for me. If you want to see the old prongs, I can drum up a photo for you.

http://com.pricescope.com/photos/stones/images/3710/original.aspx

http://com.pricescope.com/photos/stones/images/3709/original.aspx

I'm looking for a tiny eternity band to go with my reset. I'm thinking I'll go with Leon, but I'd love a real antique. Been searching for a while... Bands!

Yah, take your time to decide--I know how hard it is! Can't wait to see what you get in the end!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 6:06:46 PM
Date: 12/2/2008 5:10:52 PM

30.gif

Here are a couple photos of the new prongs. I wanted the prongs to be as minimal as possible, so they made tiny claws for me. The old prongs were HUGE squared off and crazy looking. This works much better for me. If you want to see the old prongs, I can drum up a photo for you.

http://com.pricescope.com/photos/stones/images/3710/original.aspx

http://com.pricescope.com/photos/stones/images/3709/original.aspx

I'm looking for a tiny eternity band to go with my reset. I'm thinking I'll go with Leon, but I'd love a real antique. Been searching for a while... Bands!

Yah, take your time to decide--I know how hard it is! Can't wait to see what you get in the end!

Thanks for the compliments on my ring! I really do love it.

Wow -- SS did a great job with your prongs! I looked up the original thread on your oval and I agree that the prongs were way too blocky. What a difference! Did they have to unset the stone? Have you been to their store? What kind of eternity ring are you looking for?

Allycat -- I know I'm insane, but I really, truly, honestly, cross my heart, think this is The One! The Michael B was beautiful, but it never felt at home on my finger. It was like it was someone else's beautiful ring I was just borrowing. This one feels just right.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 6:49:35 PM

Thanks for the compliments on my ring! I really do love it.

Wow -- SS did a great job with your prongs! I looked up the original thread on your oval and I agree that the prongs were way too blocky. What a difference! Did they have to unset the stone? Have you been to their store? What kind of eternity ring are you looking for?

I'm glad you love your ring--it's elegant and sleek--the best kind!

Thanks about the prongs--yah the others were Blocky MCBLOCK! Ari said that the first jeweler was probably trying to make it as secure as he could--a little too secure--haha. They unset all 3 stones and reset them--they also added millgrain on the shank by the pave.

I've been to their store a few times--I love it! Are you in Los Angeles? I live here, so it's easy for me. I want a bead set eternity with millgrain--1.5mm-something really dainty. (I like Leon's quality a bit better for this style)

It's hard to go in that store, and not walk out with an old cut! I just can't right now...blah. I've been thinking about changing that oval ring entirely--meaning--no oval!(and a totally different setting)--but it has such amazing spread--1.5ct 9.5X6.6mm, that I'm hanging onto it for awhile. This is the ring that will most probably undergo changes--as you well understand! (sorry for blabbing away on your thread!)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw, it''s simply beautiful Dem, really. And those prongs, muah!
9.gif

Congrats, I hope this is just what the doctor ordered!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dem and Coati, oh my goodness, sheer perfection!!! Nice prongs; gorgeous
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results