shape
carat
color
clarity

Another Bracelet

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
my comment on the previous bracelet applies here also. i just don''t think you will be happy in the long run.

1.gif

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
I think I would prefer the white gold bracelet if it was in yellow gold though.. I like multicolour stones set in yellow gold so I say go for the bulgari one...

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Harriet...

When I really want something specific but can''t rationalize the purchase...I shop it to the last morsel to make sure there is nothing else that will fill that need. Then it sort of justifies the first desire.

SO...you have a team of shoppers...at the ready...willing to hunt for you. But you have to show us the Bulgari one or one similar so we will know what to look for. Give us more details...we''ll hit you with an avalache of options.

I am really to throw the first snowball! Bulgari with not so great of saphires...hmmm ?

DKS

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2007 12:26:12 AM
Author: diamondfan
Harriet, seriously, you have been buying what seems like a lot lately. I am sure you can wait to have the bracelet you REALLY want. I used to do things like buy something I did not really want because it was there and I wanted to buy something, and what I really wanted was not available. I have spent, I mean wasted, a lot that way. And it annoys me no end when I think about all the times I spent a chunk of change and could have saved up and had something great. So why don''t you really priortize what you want? If it is a quick fix and you are happy with something so so, fine. If not, think about what you can get if you really focus on it.
DF dear, I''ve been good lately, no?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2007 8:02:48 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
I really like the first bracelet you showed us, but if you aren''t 100% sure about it, I say wait a little while. My rule when I''m thinking about buying something is ''When in doubt, don''t.''
Good rule. Will follow.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2007 10:13:58 AM
Author: crown1
my comment on the previous bracelet applies here also. i just don''t think you will be happy in the long run.

1.gif
My style is a bit quieter, isn''t it?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2007 12:18:45 PM
Author: simplysplendid
I think I would prefer the white gold bracelet if it was in yellow gold though.. I like multicolour stones set in yellow gold so I say go for the bulgari one...
I''m no gemmologist. But Bulgari''s sapphires are included.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2007 12:20:53 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
Harriet...

When I really want something specific but can''t rationalize the purchase...I shop it to the last morsel to make sure there is nothing else that will fill that need. Then it sort of justifies the first desire.

SO...you have a team of shoppers...at the ready...willing to hunt for you. But you have to show us the Bulgari one or one similar so we will know what to look for. Give us more details...we''ll hit you with an avalache of options.

I am really to throw the first snowball! Bulgari with not so great of saphires...hmmm ?

DKS
It''s a fairly chunky yg bracelet with cabochon sapphires of different colours dangling from it. Go!
I was really surprised. Their response was "at least you can tell they are natural."
33.gif

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I have a whole drawer full of things like this bracelet. Not this exact bracelet of course, but stuff I bought that just stays in the drawer
8.gif

To me this one has the "I live in the drawer" label written all over it. Sorry.
40.gif

I am sure you''ll find something else that will be perfect.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/24/2007 1:36:52 PM
Author: Harriet
I was really surprised. Their response was ''at least you can tell they are natural.''
33.gif

Colored stones can be very complicated. I traded a red spinel of the most beautiful stoplight red I have ever seen for one that is just red because of a fracture in the former stone. Stones of the first color tend to have those fractures. I will never see another spinel of that color.

Deb
34.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2007 1:30:59 PM
Date: 7/24/2007 12:26:12 AM

Harriet, seriously, you have been buying what seems like a lot lately. I am sure you can wait to have the bracelet you REALLY want. I used to do things like buy something I did not really want because it was there and I wanted to buy something, and what I really wanted was not available. I have spent, I mean wasted, a lot that way. And it annoys me no end when I think about all the times I spent a chunk of change and could have saved up and had something great. So why don''t you really priortize what you want? If it is a quick fix and you are happy with something so so, fine. If not, think about what you can get if you really focus on it.

Weeeeell, I cannot really say, I am seeing a lot of posts about this and that, so I am not too sure what to say...and think if you pooled all the money you could have something really big...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Included is not a good thing...this much I know...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2007 10:00:56 PM
Author: Beacon
I have a whole drawer full of things like this bracelet. Not this exact bracelet of course, but stuff I bought that just stays in the drawer
8.gif

To me this one has the ''I live in the drawer'' label written all over it. Sorry.
40.gif

I am sure you''ll find something else that will be perfect.
Yup, I''m in no hurry.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2007 10:31:00 PM
Author: AGBF
Colored stones can be very complicated. I traded a red spinel of the most beautiful stoplight red I have ever seen for one that is just red because of a fracture in the former stone. Stones of the first color tend to have those fractures. I will never see another spinel of that color.

Deb
34.gif
What about this:
http://www.whitesgems.com/gems/409071.htm

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2007 10:38:03 PM

Weeeeell, I cannot really say, I am seeing a lot of posts about this and that, so I am not too sure what to say...and think if you pooled all the money you could have something really big...
I''m not counting coloured stones as jewellery, but as collectibles. How''s that?
2.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, they do cost money, so I am not sure how that rationalization really works...
2.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2007 10:57:30 PM

Date: 7/24/2007 10:38:03 PM

DF dear, I've been good lately, no?
I'm not counting coloured stones as jewellery, but as collectibles. How's that?
2.gif
What??? LOL.
2.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/24/2007 10:55:44 PM
What about this:
http://www.whitesgems.com/gems/409071.htm

One can't tell from a picture, Harriet, but I doubt it :). That stone is quite orange on my monitor...and a monitor is not the place to judge a colored stone. I had good pickers looking for me :).

Deb
34.gif

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hey harriet! since you are collecting now how about an all wg trinity ring? i just saw a size 5 on signed pieces. just what you need to tide you over until your other rings are ready. how''s that for enabling you?

seriously, i thought yours was too large. it never hurts to just look. that is what i was doing when i spied it.
2.gif
oh, and it is free ( looking).

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
it is sold!!! You can''t buy it; did you buy it??
33.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2007 11:03:07 PM
Well, they do cost money, so I am not sure how that rationalization really works...
2.gif
One''s a hobby, one''s an indulgence.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2007 11:06:07 PM
Author: AGBF
One can''t tell from a picture, Harriet, but I doubt it :). That stone is quite orange on my monitor...and a monitor is not the place to judge a colored stone. I had good pickers looking for me :).

Deb
34.gif
I trust this fella. He''s cutting something for me.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2007 11:06:43 PM
hey harriet! since you are collecting now how about an all wg trinity ring? i just saw a size 5 on signed pieces. just what you need to tide you over until your other rings are ready. how''s that for enabling you?

seriously, i thought yours was too large. it never hurts to just look. that is what i was doing when i spied it.
2.gif
Are you a size 5?
27.gif
I''m collecting, but just coloured stones.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2007 11:06:43 PM
hey harriet! since you are collecting now how about an all wg trinity ring? i just saw a size 5 on signed pieces. just what you need to tide you over until your other rings are ready. how's that for enabling you?

2.gif
Here is the link https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/paging-san-diego-lady.63804/

ETA: http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=2348

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2007 11:07:21 PM
Author: Skippy123
it is sold!!! You can''t buy it; did you buy it??
33.gif
No. I''m holding out for the diamond version.
30.gif

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
unfortunately, no.

eta: nothing wrong with collecting. i did a bit of that when i was younger. as long as you can finance the hobby it's all good.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Crown there is a diamond one in SP''s also.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skip!
29.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I am not going to split a hair, but money spent is money gone, and cannot be used for other things...simple mathematical fact.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results