clarity

An upgrade worth the wait

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! An exquisite new set!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous upgrade! Both rings are stunning, congrats!!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Now that is a ROCK! :kiss2::eek2:

maisie2

Shiny_Rock
What an absolutely stunning upgrade! :kiss2:
Congratulations on 17 years, and here’s to another 17! =)2

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Octave, congratulations on your beautiful upgrade. I am very happy for you. I wanted to mention that I saw these same pics posted on the other forum on December 9, 2019 and December 23, 2019, for your 15th anniversary right, in the Show me your engagement ring thread, and in various other threads and dates. I was pretty certain I had seen these pictures before since your ring is such a standout. Im glad my memory is still working. A lot of us who love bling peruse both forums and the engagement ring threads are always so fun. It doesn’t need to be a recent acquisition to start a new thread here on PS. We are happy to look at all bling. Congratulations on 17 years. And I love all the pics with your Daytona. That is a gorgeous watch.

Last edited:

Octave

Shiny_Rock
Hi @Octave, congratulations on your beautiful upgrade. I am very happy for you. I wanted to mention that I saw these same pics posted on the other forum on December 9, 2019 and December 23, 2019, for your 15th anniversary right, in the Show me your engagement ring thread, and in various other threads and dates. I was pretty certain I had seen these pictures before since your ring is such a standout. Im glad my memory is still working. A lot of us who love bling peruse both forums and the engagement ring threads are always so fun. It doesn’t need to be a recent acquisition to start a new thread here on PS. We are happy to look at all bling. Congratulations on 17 years. And I love all the pics with your Daytona. That is a gorgeous watch.

Hi LLJsmom, good to see you here. I was pretty sure I saw you there as well (like some others too). =)2Some of you guys are easy to recognize because they use the same or at least a similar name, with others the memory has to help.
I came across this forum just last week and I appreciate the warm atmosphere here and the fact that it specializes in jewelery. I feared that I would have to take a lot of new pics, but I am neither happy nor good at doing it and have to keep asking my husband (and that annoys) or a friend (annoying even more). So don't be too disappointed if you see one or the other pic that looks familiar to you.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi LLJsmom, good to see you here. I was pretty sure I saw you there as well (like some others too). =)2Some of you guys are easy to recognize because they use the same or at least a similar name, with others the memory has to help.
I came across this forum just last week and I appreciate the warm atmosphere here and the fact that it specializes in jewelery. I feared that I would have to take a lot of new pics, but I am neither happy nor good at doing it and have to keep asking my husband (and that annoys) or a friend (annoying even more). So don't be too disappointed if you see one or the other pic that looks familiar to you.

Not at all. We all reuse our favorite pics all the time. And add more of your gorgeous pieces. You have a blingtastic collection and people would love to see your pieces, watches, jewelry, all of it. You will see PSers appreciate all kinds of jewelry from brands to heirlooms to great eBay and vintage finds.

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wowza, beautiful new ring and band @Octave

In addition to appreciating and gushing over the bling photos I hope you don’t mind me noticing another sentence in your first post, which id really like to spend a minute touching upon. It just hit home a little bit and I’d like to share my thoughts.

You mentioned you no longer wore your original engagement/wedding rings because they “no longer fit with your collection”. This makes me a little bit sad.

The engagement ring usually signifies a lifetime promise of love and togetherness and is not usually a fashion statement. It’s a promise of love :( so I do wish you had worn it proudly for these 17 (edit: 15) years!

I love the pieces of jewellery my husband gifts me not because they are impressive things my friends can gush over, but because he gave them to me out of love. I love them more then the world for that reason alone and if they are also impressive to my friends/strangers, well I’ll take it but that’s neither here nor there.

Last edited:

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
Congrat's on your Anniversary and that fabulous, gorgeous, stunning ring! I love that your husband surprised you with your upgrade. It is without a doubt the most amazing upgrade I have ever seen. The band is perfect too!

Octave

Shiny_Rock
Wowza, beautiful new ring and band @Octave

In addition to appreciating and gushing over the bling photos I hope you don’t mind me noticing another sentence in your first post, which id really like to spend a minute touching upon. It just hit home a little bit and I’d like to share my thoughts.

You mentioned you no longer wore your original engagement/wedding rings because they “no longer fit with your collection”. This makes me a little bit sad.

The engagement ring usually signifies a lifetime promise of love and togetherness and is not usually a fashion statement. It’s a promise of love :( so I do wish you had worn it proudly for these 17 (edit: 15) years!

I love the pieces of jewellery my husband gifts me not because they are impressive things my friends can gush over, but because he gave them to me out of love. I love them more then the world for that reason alone and if they are also impressive to my friends/strangers, well I’ll take it but that’s neither here nor there.

Well, if this was is the trick to motivate DH to go for an upgrade, it most definitely worked!!! :dance::lol-2:

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock

So was the upgrade for the 15th or 17th anniversary? I don't get it. Not that it really matter, but just curious.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So was the upgrade for the 15th or 17th anniversary? I don't get it. Not that it really matter, but just curious.

The OP doesn’t actually say in the initial post that it was for her 17th. She just said she got married 17 years ago and her husband subsequently bought her the upgrade.

Octave

Shiny_Rock
The OP doesn’t actually say in the initial post that it was for her 17th. She just said she got married 17 years ago and her husband subsequently bought her the upgrade.

Thank you for sorting this out for me!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!!! Wow! :kiss2: I’d highly recommend just wearing the Tiffany solitaire with just the one new band. They are perfect together and I think wearing a diamond band above it takes away.

Wow! What an amazing upgrade! I agree,in this case, less is more!!

Octave

Shiny_Rock
Wow! What an amazing upgrade! I agree,in this case, less is more!!

You mean like this?
I also like that in combination with white gold jewelry. Unfortunately, most of my jewelry is in yellow gold. That's why I sometimes combine a half-memory ring in yellow gold with it, otherwise I have the feeling that the wedding stack is somehow isolated!

19E677A2-DA3F-424A-B649-96227B672C5D.jpeg

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As my grandmother would say, Heavens to Betsy! That is some ring! Wear it in good health.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You mean like this?
I also like that in combination with white gold jewelry. Unfortunately, most of my jewelry is in yellow gold. That's why I sometimes combine a half-memory ring in yellow gold with it, otherwise I have the feeling that the wedding stack is somehow isolated!

Oh I love what I am seeing on your wrist too... but yes, your diamond is such a beautiful, stand alone ring, that you really don't need anything else with it or that beautiful band will do. I too like to mix metals, so mix away! :)

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
You mean like this?

Have you tried to only wear that stunning solitaire by it’s own. In my opinion one single huge stone all alone is the absolute most beautiful thing to look at ever. It combines beauty and simplicity and just blows away.

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
You mean like this?

I reeeeally love the diamond band. The setting makes it look like your diamonds aren’t going to scraped the solitaire. Would love to know where it’s from if that is easy for you to find out. Regardless, it’s a gorgeous set! Enjoy!

Octave

Shiny_Rock
Have you tried to only wear that stunning solitaire by it’s own. In my opinion one single huge stone all alone is the absolute most beautiful thing to look at ever. It combines beauty and simplicity and just blows away.

Yes, I did, as the picture shows (@LLJsmom please forgive me, I have used that pic already elsewhere but it was the only one quickly available)! ;)2

777CEC48-7060-470A-A005-FEB1A21090B5.jpeg

Last edited:

VeryUndecided

Shiny_Rock
Well, I‘ll try my best (I think I need a crash course in photography) :think:!

Here is the spec of my e-ring: 7.15ct H vvs1 ex/ex/ex

ACF53A50-9FB3-4DBC-9285-9ABD9F3B3A10.jpeg

Love your new ring and the upgrade! It means there is room to grow for me ;-) :D

Only one point. I have a the same wedding set and I have noticed that the diamonds on the wedding band were just a bit "too close" for comfort to the e-ring diamond. I was concerned that the engagement ring diamond might get scratched by the diamonds from the band so I got a very simple, diamond spacer band (also from Tiffany's) to separate them.

Octave

Shiny_Rock
Love your new ring and the upgrade! It means there is room to grow for me ;-) :D

Only one point. I have a the same wedding set and I have noticed that the diamonds on the wedding band were just a bit "too close" for comfort to the e-ring diamond. I was concerned that the engagement ring diamond might get scratched by the diamonds from the band so I got a very simple, diamond spacer band (also from Tiffany's) to separate them.

Thank you so much, and….yes, you are absolutely right. I am always concerned that I scratch the solitaire. Would love to see pics of your stack and your spacer. Can you share please?

VeryUndecided

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much, and….yes, you are absolutely right. I am always concerned that I scratch the solitaire. Would love to see pics of your stack and your spacer. Can you share please?

I think I have plastered this forum with the pictures of my e-ring :) Not sure I have shown the wedding band though. The e-ring photos are here:

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...g-folder-eye-candy.5429/page-375#post-5064504

I am gonna see if I can find the pictures of the wedding band too. A lot of time these days I just wear it with the spacer....Normally the wedding band would be ok, but if you kind of start moving it around, the edges of the diamonds come dangerously close to the solitaire in the ring. Experiment with your setting. If I can't find a pic, I'll take one tomorrow and post it.

Oh, found something!

The ring, the spacer and the wedding band. Do you see what I mean? Most of the time it would be ok. But every now and then if you tilt the wedding band, the "free edge" diamonds from the wedding band, could scratch the solitaire. Maybe your ring is differently set due tio its size?

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
When my husband told me exactly 17 years ago that he couldn't afford the engagement ring I deserve, I laughed and said that as long as he deserves me, everything is fine. Life was kind to us and we have been financially quite successful in the last few years in particular. I've also gotten a lot of great jewelry from my husband over time, but he never thought of upgrading my engagement ring. I've only rarely worn the ring as well as my wedding ring because I thought it no longer fits the rest of my collection. And then that! Out of the blue, my husband surprised me with an upgrade that deserves the name (and also the long wait!) Not sure if I really deserve this but I take it anyway. How do you like it?

8159F45B-C1EC-4502-A90E-0703DDD346FC.jpeg
Wowowow! I’d take it too, hahaha! Now THAT is an upgrade!! Congrats and enjoy your beautiful new set in good health!

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes, I did, as the picture shows (@LLJsmom please forgive me, I have used that pic already elsewhere but it was the only one quickly available)! ;)2

Since you brought it back up, I don’t think @LLJsmom point was that you reused a picture. Clearly that’s what everyone (her included) does :)

The point of that post was the fact that your opening post made it seem like you had *just* received this ring for your current 17th wedding anniversary.

When you start a story with a timeline, and you tell the story from beginning to end as you did in your opening post, normal people don’t read into that as the ending having happened in the *middle* of the story.

You started the tale 17 years ago, you couldn’t afford much, life was good to you (all chronological order see) and now your husband could afford this upgrade. That’s what the story reads as and that’s exactly what you meant it to read as.

Granted, maybe you aren’t very good at explaining yourself but I think LLJmom further clarified she had no issue whatsoever with you reusing an image so why would you make the above comment?!

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Absolute perfection

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results