shape
carat
color
clarity

An upgrade worth the wait

Octave

Shiny_Rock
When my husband told me exactly 17 years ago that he couldn't afford the engagement ring I deserve, I laughed and said that as long as he deserves me, everything is fine. Life was kind to us and we have been financially quite successful in the last few years in particular. I've also gotten a lot of great jewelry from my husband over time, but he never thought of upgrading my engagement ring. I've only rarely worn the ring as well as my wedding ring because I thought it no longer fits the rest of my collection. And then that! Out of the blue, my husband surprised me with an upgrade that deserves the name (and also the long wait!) Not sure if I really deserve this but I take it anyway. How do you like it?

8159F45B-C1EC-4502-A90E-0703DDD346FC.jpeg

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely quite an upgrade! It looks gorgeous. Do you have any handshots?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - please tell us the details of your new ring and wedding band. They look like quite the substantial upgrade!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Too early in the morning for ring overload!!!!! :lol-2: Please share individual photos and details--cuz your solitaire needs its its own debut!

cheers--Sharon

Octave

Shiny_Rock
HI:

Too early in the morning for ring overload!!!!! :lol-2: Please share individual photos and details--cuz your solitaire needs its its own debut!

cheers--Sharon

Well, I‘ll try my best (I think I need a crash course in photography) :think:!

Here is the spec of my e-ring: 7.15ct H vvs1 ex/ex/ex

ACF53A50-9FB3-4DBC-9285-9ABD9F3B3A10.jpeg

Last edited:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's Bling-tas-tic!!! You DH has great taste!! Congrats!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That diamond is majestic! Don’t stop now - your pictures are great - we need to know about the band too! Just keep snapping - you are doing fine!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That's a whole lot of upgrade! Wear it in good health! Definitely worth the wait!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness. Such a beautiful ring, and such a beautiful story. Thank you for sharing it with us @Octave - and welcome to PS!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowzers! Congrats!! Enjoy your upgrade!
Where’s the wedding band from?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that's an upgrade!! Congratulations!

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!! Gorgeous upgrade! I don't think you'll get DSS with that ring! More pictures please!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! :appl: Congratulations on your upgrade.

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
Holy Moly! To be honest - by my standards your original engagement ring is quite big… but that upgrad is… wow!!! I think I’m fainting

Klaus

Rough_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, that may be the biggest upgrade I've seen! I'm curious about your original E ring stats, if you feel comfortable sharing. I find it so interesting how the size appearance of a diamond is so impacted by context, e.g. finger size, lighting, being next to a ginormous ROCK. :kiss2:

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Beautiful ring!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!!! Wow! :kiss2: I’d highly recommend just wearing the Tiffany solitaire with just the one new band. They are perfect together and I think wearing a diamond band above it takes away.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! How many minutes was it before you were able to pick yourself up off the floor after opening the box?

Enjoy your beautiful new rings and please post more pictures!!!

Thank you for sharing @Octave

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your gorgeous new ring!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Lovely ring! Congratulations on your happy marriage and super sweet husband. Wear in good health!

Octave

Shiny_Rock
That diamond is majestic! Don’t stop now - your pictures are great - we need to know about the band too! Just keep snapping - you are doing fine!!

Thank you so much! The band spec is 9.20ctw H vs1

Wow!! Gorgeous upgrade! I don't think you'll get DSS with that ring! More pictures please!
Thanks! For sure I will get DSS! You can’t escape from it!;)2

Wowzers! Congrats!! Enjoy your upgrade!
Where’s the wedding band from?
Thank you! Actually I don’t know. I didn’t ask DH.
Oh my goodness, that may be the biggest upgrade I've seen! I'm curious about your original E ring stats, if you feel comfortable sharing. I find it so interesting how the size appearance of a diamond is so impacted by context, e.g. finger size, lighting, being next to a ginormous ROCK. :kiss2:
Many thanks! As far as I can remember, my original e-ring is 1.90ct, I think it is F color but clarity is something SI 1 or 2 or so (sorry, too long ago :confused:).
Gorgeous!!!! Wow! :kiss2: I’d highly recommend just wearing the Tiffany solitaire with just the one new band. They are perfect together and I think wearing a diamond band above it takes away.

Thank you! But don’t worry, I vary a lot anyway. You will see the ring both solo and stacked, with one or two band rings depending on my mood!

Octave

Shiny_Rock
Wow! How many minutes was it before you were able to pick yourself up off the floor after opening the box?

Enjoy your beautiful new rings and please post more pictures!!!

Thank you for sharing @Octave

To be honest, all I thought was omg, I can't wear this, if my mother and siblings will see it, they'll say we're nuts.
Meanwhile I am quite used to it and I wear it regularly.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your gorgeous upgrade!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What an upgrade, congratulations! I say wear it & enjoy it, they'll get over it!!

(speaking from experience:lol:)

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
Now thats definitely an upgrade. It looks fabulous I never tire of seeing it. Amazing

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:DWoah Nellie!!! What a rock that is!! Absolutely gorgeous!!
Wear it in good health and happy times.
Show us more.. tell us more..:love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results