#JOTW An outstandingly pleasant 3.09 o-p old mine cut

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!
Well deserved for a gorgeous piece!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
OMG that is perfect. What is it about old cuts and warmth? I certainly prefer it in them but seeing this how could anyone argue otherwise? Just perfect.

And the facets,could get lost in those. Way to go Sako! Were you waiting long with the lockdown or did he have this tucked in his vault?

As whitewave said she's so LUSH.

Thank you! I agree. I love the lower colors too.

He actually had come across it and posted it, so I reached out when I started looking for something to be a memento. Bunker was where we had a lot of firsts, so I wanted something to remember it.

He held it for me because they were shut down and when able, sized it and got it out to me. He gets in some very pretty stones and makes amazing stuff too.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone and ring! Congratulations on JOTW!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! I really love the setting but the diamond would look terrific in something like the Tempest, as well. Two beautiful but totally different looks. My O color stone looks much more yellow because it is set with yellow gold around it. I love how settings can alter the look of these low color diamonds!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Stunning!!! Well done!
Drooling.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous faceting!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! I really love the setting but the diamond would look terrific in something like the Tempest, as well. Two beautiful but totally different looks. My O color stone looks much more yellow because it is set with yellow gold around it. I love how settings can alter the look of these low color diamonds!

Yes, I think you are right. I will probably live with it as is for a bit. The setting is growing on me, though! I'm all over the map on what I like as well for it. Plus, I have a few projects in the works, so I think she stays as she is for now. At first, my reaction was I love the stone, but the setting is too boring. But, as I have worn it for over a week now, I don't feel quite the same. It does have a lived in antique feel as well, probably because it was.

Metal tone definitely matters. I have an antique cushion that's an M in 18kt yellow and it's lighter in body tone, but side by side the difference in tone is not what you would expect. I'm banking on metal color.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh what a beautiful stone and I love the Art deco setting. What a gorgeous ring, congrats!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Oh what a beautiful stone and I love the Art deco setting. What a gorgeous ring, congrats!

Thanks very much!

It is a really lovely stone- setting is increasingly growing on me.

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
Oh it is gorgeous!!! Looveeee the facets and the shape.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I love the faceting pattern.

O_plz

Rough_Rock
The pun is silly, but this is a lovely stone. GIA graded old mine cut, o-p, 3.09 center, VS2, in an art deco platinum setting with carre cuts.

I will try to see if the setting grows on me, but it will likely get a new dress. Probably the CvB Tempest. It is technically a three stone, but I don't think I can wear something that looks essentially like a solitaire. I have size 6.75 to 7.25 finger, that varies with the humidity.

This is supposed to be my memento of the house we sold in March. It's the Bunker stone. The street had Bunker in the name and we always referred to that house as Bunker, because it was just kind of funny with the double meaning.

So, photos! It's a chameleon. The stone has lovely performance that is hard to capture in photos as to what I see, but I'm trying.

IMG_20200610_132828.jpg

IMG_20200610_132627.jpg

IMG_20200610_132808.jpg IMG_20200610_132710.jpg

IMG_20200610_132514.jpg

IMG_20200610_132058.jpg

IMG_20200610_131809.jpg

IMG_20200608_173016.jpg

IMG_20200608_173001.jpg

Hello! First of all, GORGEOUS diamond!! Secondly, is it an ACTUAL chamelion, or are you referring to the way it looks different in different lighting? I have a 1.03 ct RB that is like that..I'm just curious, as I find chamelion diamonds so intriguing!!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
@elizat I hope you don't mind me reviving your thread! I have always admired this ring, it's a stunning diamond, and I love the prong style.

I love bezels (which is one of the many reasons I have always admired your collection) but really like prongs for more delicate settings.

Do you find these prongs ever catch stray fuzzies, hairs, or anything like that? How does the "feel" compare to your other bezel-set rings?

Would love to know!

lovetodream

Shiny_Rock
Miss @elizat, you have the most talented eye for beautiful stones! In an IG world of thousands of diamonds to choose from, you seem to distinguish the true "gems." I LOVE this! (although I love solitaires, so I'd set it to shine on its own).

elizat

Ideal_Rock
@elizat I hope you don't mind me reviving your thread! I have always admired this ring, it's a stunning diamond, and I love the prong style.

I love bezels (which is one of the many reasons I have always admired your collection) but really like prongs for more delicate settings.

Do you find these prongs ever catch stray fuzzies, hairs, or anything like that? How does the "feel" compare to your other bezel-set rings?

Would love to know!

Hi there! No, not at all! Happy to help.

I would call these a tab prong probably? But I only see this style on antique pieces usually. They don't snag at all. They are smooth. Nothing gets caught. I think it is a nice compromise between a prong and a bezel myself. I probably would not have designed it that way but the setting is deco. I think it's actually a smart style.

They feel secure as well and I don't worry about the stone. I think they look nice with a little metal engraving too- see the Edwardian setting below or plain also works.

These prongs are kind of similar to am Edwardian setting I have. Same thing- no catching, no pulling, no fuzzies.

Thanks for the very nice compliments as well!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Miss @elizat, you have the most talented eye for beautiful stones! In an IG world of thousands of diamonds to choose from, you seem to distinguish the true "gems." I LOVE this! (although I love solitaires, so I'd set it to shine on its own).

Ah, thanks. You are much too kind! Kind of made my day. ❤️

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Hi there! No, not at all! Happy to help.

I would call these a tab prong probably? But I only see this style on antique pieces usually. They don't snag at all. They are smooth. Nothing gets caught. I think it is a nice compromise between a prong and a bezel myself. I probably would not have designed it that way but the setting is deco. I think it's actually a smart style.

They feel secure as well and I don't worry about the stone. I think they look nice with a little metal engraving too- see the Edwardian setting below or plain also works.

These prongs are kind of similar to am Edwardian setting I have. Same thing- no catching, no pulling, no fuzzies.

Thanks for the very nice compliments as well!

Thank you so much! This is super helpful! I’m eyeing styles with prongs but hate snagging more than anything! So glad to hear they wear well! I am leaning towards getting a setting with prongs like this and agree that they work nicely with engraving and filigree, or other trademark antique styles. I love that second ring you shared too…is that the on you are selling? It’s stunning! You really have the best taste

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
So you kept the setting? I love the ring and I love the side stones.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much! This is super helpful! I’m eyeing styles with prongs but hate snagging more than anything! So glad to hear they wear well! I am leaning towards getting a setting with prongs like this and agree that they work nicely with engraving and filigree, or other trademark antique styles. I love that second ring you shared too…is that the on you are selling? It’s stunning! You really have the best taste

Yep, that's the 1.4 that is for sale. Here's a better view of the prongs for you. I think it would work nicely with your stone, doing prongs like this. Thanks you for the really nice compliments! ❤️ I love everything about the 1.4, but just wish it was much larger. I have a size issue... Sigh.
1624995531756.jpg

elizat

Ideal_Rock
So you kept the setting? I love the ring and I love the side stones.

Yes, I did! I thought it suited it and it seemed a shame to take it apart. I actually have no intention of resetting it now. I think it flows pretty nicely. Thanks for the nice words about the ring- it is a lovely piece. ❤️

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
How did I miss this? What an elegant stone!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Yep, that's the 1.4 that is for sale. Here's a better view of the prongs for you. I think it would work nicely with your stone, doing prongs like this. Thanks you for the really nice compliments! ❤️ I love everything about the 1.4, but just wish it was much larger. I have a size issue... Sigh.
1624995531756.jpg

You’re the best! Oh it’s just yummy!!!

I’m happy to ogle your big rocks any day of the week! Maybe I will turn into more of a “size queen” over time - but right now enjoying my 1.3 carat! My issue is color…we’ve all got something LOL

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results