shape
carat
color
clarity

Amethyst Spider Ring

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@Gloria27 what I love about your drawing is the legs and I think he did a good job of recreating that.

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Vesper|1472155723|4070041 said:
@Gloria27 what I love about your drawing is the legs and I think he did a good job of recreating that.
I agree, he did a great job! I've bookmarked his etsy page in case I ever want to cast any design in silver.

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Vesper this is awesome. I can't wait for coat pics (lol never imagined saying "coat pics")

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
This is so amazingly awesome!!! I am definitely ready for the coat pics. :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning result!!! It's a true piece of art. Your jeweller and yourself did a great job in creating an amazing piece :appl:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
unreal, but very real! :love: :love: :love: I love this piece!

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It came!!!!!! And it sits flat and does not flop around.

img_20160907_221039.jpg
img_20160907_220938.jpg
img_20160907_220856_0.jpg

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Vesper that brooch looks so great. It is so nice to see it pinned to a coat / jacket. It is a great size. I am thrilled that is doesn't flip around. I didn't even think of that. Congratulations on envisioning, designing and collaborating on such a unique piece.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! I adore everything about this! I am not a brooch person, but this is epic!

I have his shop bookmarked as well, and really want him to make me something, but need to brainstorm more to think about what :)

I'm so happy for you to see this outcome! :love: :love:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Magnificent - and you wear it with such panache! Congratulations.

blushpeony

Shiny_Rock
This is just one of the coolest pieces of jewelry I've ever seen! :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my word!!! It looks great and I love it! :love: :appl:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks spectacular on and then proportions are delightful. I'm glad it doesn't flip about. He must have know what he was doing. Great job!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. It looks fantastic. I hate spiders and even I have to admit that this is a great piece.

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Niel|1473338469|4074332 said:
It looks spectacular on and then proportions are delightful. I'm glad it doesn't flip about. He must have know what he was doing. Great job!
I wanted a pin but after posting about it here I can see why it could have been a problem. Thankfully he worked it out. A lopsided brooch would have been very sad.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice Vesper. I like everything about it. Well done!

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am seeing if he will make me matching earrings. Here is my thought.
img_20160908_212538.jpg
__1_3.jpg

curious_sapphire

Rough_Rock
Whoa, that is one amazing brooch :love:

Love the idea of matching earrings!

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Great idea, Vesper, those earrings will be just as beautiful!

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@Gloria27 do you like my really nice drawing? :lol:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!! It's great to see it on your coat. What an elegant and unique piece.
Please post a lot more pics.

I also love your drawing for the matching earings :love:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Great brooch and I like the earrings idea. :appl:

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Vesper|1473424044|4074545 said:
@Gloria27 do you like my really nice drawing? :lol:
Actually, yes, because with this one you know exactly how you want the earrings to look like.

GemstoneNoob

Rough_Rock
Just a thought, but another idea for the earrings, would be to just let the legs either dangle, or be holding onto a silk thread (as if spinning a web), and use that thread to dangle the gem? Obviously not use actual thread. Slim metal post or something (white gold plating?)? Just a thought.

Really gorgeous brooch. I remember reading about this when you first started it out, and loved the dark aspect to it. I'll admit, it's got me trying to think of something quirky I could add to my engagement ring. Good luck with the earrings! :wavey:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just stumbled across this thread and I'm so glad I did! What an amazing pricescope collaboration, enjoy your beautiful and extremely unique brooch!

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
GemstoneNoob|1473508597|4074821 said:
Just a thought, but another idea for the earrings, would be to just let the legs either dangle, or be holding onto a silk thread (as if spinning a web), and use that thread to dangle the gem? Obviously not use actual thread. Slim metal post or something (white gold plating?)? Just a thought.

Really gorgeous brooch. I remember reading about this when you first started it out, and loved the dark aspect to it. I'll admit, it's got me trying to think of something quirky I could add to my engagement ring. Good luck with the earrings! :wavey:

You have me thinking. A spider web necklace might be amazing. Like the spiders on the brooch (it will always love on my coat) and the earrings ventured off from the web. It could have a cool breast plate feel.... Hummm..... Wallis Simpson had an amyathyst and turquoise necklace with a kind of web like pattern and another tourmaline chocker. Ideas....

You should check out the guy who made this. He also works in gold and has several lovely, unusual engagement rings.

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Here are the necklaces I was thinking of.

ws.jpg
ws_2.jpg

Maybe a "web" with a fly in it.

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was thinking maybe do the spiders upside down(facing downward), like they were spinning the gems in a web with their front legs,just like they would do with prey and let the gems dangle but wire wrap around those holes a bit to mask them. I can totally see this in my head, maybe I will make a sketch tomorrow or when ever I have some time.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so excited to see your future projects!!! I really want to just write this guy and say "make me something amazing!" but I doubt he would appreciate that since I have zero direction. His stuff is "darker" than my personal style, but I want something from him so much! Yours looks so incredible!

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Gloria27|1473545650|4074951 said:
I was thinking maybe do the spiders upside down(facing downward), like they were spinning the gems in a web with their front legs,just like they would do with prey and let the gems dangle but wire wrap around those holes a bit to mask them. I can totally see this in my head, maybe I will make a sketch tomorrow or when ever I have some time.
Yes please!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results