shape
carat
color
clarity

Almost There!!!! Almost!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
So here''s the story starting Thursday nite

Dre: "Where''s the order form from Leon?"
Me: "Idaknow. Maybe look for it in the drawer" --Ofcos, I knew EXACTLY where it was, but didn''t want to seem so excited. So I tried playing it off.
Dre: "Can you pls pls get it for me. Mybe we can order it tomorrow."
Me: "Yea ok. I''ll look in a few." --I''m uncontrollably excited, but maintained composure for 20min, then went to get the design form.
Me: "Here you go."
Dre: "Thanks."
2 hours passed and I''m confused. Are we going tomorrow, not going tomorrow? Is he meeting me in the city or does he want to go by himself? So 2hrs later:
Me: "Umm, ok I''m a little confused. But I''m scared to ask b/c I dont want you to feel any pressure or anythng."
Dre: "No, its ok asked."
me: "Ok. You said mybe we''ll go tomorrow. So is this what you want to do or are you going another day? I kinda need to know b/c I''m in training class remember. Now that I think about it, it''s pretty close to Leon. But I''d need to plan to see him around the class lunch break. Sooo, just wondering what we''re doing. Sorry."
Dre: "Lunch time works for me."

So Friday afternoon comes and my class decides they want to skip lunch in order to leave early!
29.gif
Great, now I have to call Dre to make sure he can re-arrange to after class, contact Leon and hope he wont be annoyed by the last minute schedule change. It all worked out. Now that I''m meeting Dre after class, we can drive home together. So we went to see Leon at 3pm.

Now mind you, when I first met Leon, Dre didn''t come with me. I told Dre, I''ll go "Check him out first and let you know." Well the hour I spent with Leon was incredible. I was in awe and couldnt stop telling Dre how great he is. Ofcos, Dre couldn''t really grasp what I was saying. He saw Leon''s pics online but thought "They''re nice but no big deal really." I almost felt sick to my stomach by that comment
14.gif

Well, 3pm Friday afternoon he saw the light as I saw it. Leon asked for the drawing and said "Ahhh, yes. I remember you now. Yes, yes, you want an octagonal shape using a round stone." I said "yes". Then Leon turns around where his office assistant was snapping pics of a ring and says "Oh, here look at this." This thing was AMAZING! It had a very LARGE assher center stone and mounting w/ unreal detail!!! I mean this was the most incredible squar''ish shaped ring I''ve ever seen! What I know now is that ring belongs to one of our very own, LOVEY!
35.gif

Dre said VERY little when we were there. So I got nervous. Mybe Lovey''s ring has too much detail for him? What''s he thinking?
8.gif
So I asked Leon to pls bring out his other rings that he showcases. He has the yellow/black RB bezel type ring which is on his website. He also has this delightful square band with a deep chocolate fancy stone. If I had the $$$ I''d buy that thing. Its danty-like characteristics is what convinced me to go with him. Dre again said very little. Just threw a few compliments here and there. "This is nice" . "That''s pretty." How torturing! Leon said to him (sensing Dre''s unexcitement) "Don''t worry. Your ring is going to be really beautiful. You will love it. I promise you. This paper is just a rough idea. There might be changes, but it''s only b/c something may look better another way. But it''s gonna be nice. Trust me." So Dre gave him the deposit. We went over the drawing one last time. I asked Dre if he was happy with the design or is there anything he''d like to add? He said, no it soounds nice. Ok then, we left. I felt a little
33.gif
and
40.gif
. It meant so much more for him to be just as excited as me than for me to just get what I want. Little did I know....

When we got onto 6 ave, Dre let all his emotions out. He was soooo excited! Yapping about Lovey''s ring NON-STOP!!!! Lovey, let me put it in perspective for you. We walked from Leon''s shop on 49th and 6ave to Louis Vutton on 57th Street and 5th ave. Stopped in Starbucks to get coffee, he just kept talking. Now this is not a far distance, but for a "blah" guy its a whole different story. He just adored your ring.

Dre: "Chris, did you see that thing?!"
Me: "Uhh, yeah! What? "
Dre: " Wow. His work is unreal."
WHAT A RELIEF!!!!!!!
Me: "So why were you so emotionless in there? "
Dre: "I just didn''t want to be too excited. He might uhhhh, jack the price. " LOL!
Me: "You''re crazy. He''s not gonna do that. "
Dre:"Damn, 4-6wks. I can''t wait. Those 6wks are gonna kill yooouuuuu."
Me:"Well, if you keep talking about it like this. Yes it will. But I''m glad you''re happy. You made me so nervous."
Dre:"No trust me, I''m very happy with him. And your design sounds beautiful. "

Yesterday morning we went snowboarding, he talked about it. Last nite we went to a 30th bday party.... you guessed it, he talked about it.
32.gif
How am I gonna survive 6wks with this man? lol!

Anyways, Sigh-of-relief. The clock can now tick! WOOHOOO!
I have to thank all of PC for putting me in touch with Leon and a special thanks to Lovey. Your ring left such an impression on my honey. He''s 110% sold on Leon.
36.gif
Gosh, I think I''ve talked to much. HUGS for you all!!!! tick tock tick tock
2.gif
2.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
That is soooo cute that your bf is SO excited he just wont shut up! Hopefully he''ll quiet down a little bit so you can make it through the next few weeks and retain your sanity....but that''s so soon!!!!! Very very exciting! I can''t wait to see your Leon creation, his work is so incredible!

I hope mine gets more excited when it gets closer too...now all I get is a "oh, yeah i guess that''s pretty" or an "uh huhhh" probably meaning ''didn''t the past 6 rings look like that?'' or more likely, ''dear lord, what kind of damage is that going to do to my wallet?''
3.gif

That''s too funny that you were able to see Lovey''s ring before they picked it up!

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that''s so fantastic ~ progress progress!! And I thought the hardest part was waiting for the ring to be made ~ but I only had to wait a week!!! Not sure how I would have survived 4-6 weeks!!!

But, you have to admit, although it will probably make the waiting harder, isn''t it fun seeing him so excited rather than just "whatever" over the whole thing? It''s so great that he was that blown away by Leon''s work, although I can''t imagine that anyone wouldn''t be. So cute that he keeps talking about it; tortuous, but cute!! Your ring is going to be amazing...

And, like I said in Lovey''s post, I''m jealous that you got to see her ring in person!!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
c330: I''m so excited for you! Your ring is going to be gorgeous!!! Boys are so funny. My BF is the same way, he is very quiet whenever we look, but then as soon as we are out the door he can''t stop talking about it. That is awesome that your BF is so excited!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
cute330

How very exciting. What is your Leon ring going to look like? I''m so jealous you''ve go to go to his place. I may have to schedule a trip yet. Maybe I can be it an educational field trip to view some pieces of very rare art....
20.gif

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
cutegirl
I posted a reply on the other thread, but I LOVED your story. Boy creatures are so funny!

keep us posted on the ring!!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How exciting!! I just love that Dre was so enthusiastic about it--like a little boy waiting for the Christmas gift he knows is coming! HOORAY!!!!! You know, between you and Lovey, I think I''m sold on Leon, I don''t want something Leon-esque, I want the real deal whenever the time comes. Yowza!!! And a round stone w/ the octagonal setting is going to be DREAMY!

EEEEEEKKK!! We will all be here waiting with you--6 weeks will go by in a flash!!

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
blue824: Lol! Boy I know that "uh huuuh" alll so well! So are you still trying to pick a band?

teebee: You''re so right, it''s absolutely delightful to see him so peachy about the band process. As I was taking a bubble bath to relax my poor muscles from snowboading, he reminded me about his anticipation for the ring. What a nut! That''s 3days in a row.

appletini: Thank You! Mybe I''ll introduce him to my secret hideout so he can start his own thread.. Mr. MIW''s? "Males in Waiting". hehe

mrsalvo: I hope I can get the language right. The shank will be octagonal in shape, the rb will be sorta "floating". The Shank will sit a bit high rather than look like a traditional bezel setting, which are flush . And whole band will be covered in pave''s (all three sides). Does this make sense?
19.gif

lovey: I showed him pics of your ring b/c we had a bet about some of the characteristics in your ring. I thought for sure, I had 1 up on him. It sure didnt seem like he payed THAT much attention to all the detail in the ring to win. Boy was I wrong, he won the bet. But dayam I''m impressed.
31.gif

blueroses: I hope you go with him. I hope I hope I hope!!!! He seemed really impressed with the idea of a round set in a square. He practically sat there patting himself in the back as if he had already finished the ring. lol! To have someone so passionate creating something as important as this for you..... I cant think of a better match.

At least 44days!
39.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
cute girl-

that''s too funny that you got to see lovey''s ring! i am totally jealous... however, i am soooooo excited for you!! and i must admit that it''s great to live vicariously through you guys until i get my own leon mege ring- sometime this year though!!

your ring description sounds like it will be amazing... and considering that it will be by leon and all, i don''t think there is any doubt! especially when your future FI is THAT impressed. i can only hope my bf starts to become more interested in the ring itself, though i am slowly convincing him to let me be more involved hehe. boys are silly, but it sounds like everything is going great for you! i hope your 4-6 weeks flies by
36.gif

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
Weird, I told Dre I was offered a promotion last week by the VP of my department to head up a staff of 20. This "should" have excited him. I mean, the Leon''s ring is nice, but doesnt add to our household income. All he said is, "oh, cool."

And men say women are confusing?? lol

PS
Forgot to say, Thanks ladies for all the support!

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
icekid: i hope it''s no more than 6wks! he said, he''s excited to see it.. but nothing about being excited to GIVE it to me. lol! I hope he doesnt toy w/ me.. being the joker that he is.

congrats to you too lady... getting a leon creation is like the best thing in the world to me. I waited 4months before we ordered mine. oh what a joy ice! i hope he let''s you in on the process. I kinda nudged my way too.
9.gif

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
omigosh how exciting!!!!!!!!! i am in the midst of getting tarted with leon and between you and lovey..you guys are not making the wait easy! i just fleetingly thought of actually buying a plane ticket to NY JUST TO SEE HIM!!! sooo not in my budget
7.gif
. your design sounds GORGEOUS!!! i love that your bf was so excited!!! Question: do you know how thick you three sdied pave band will be? I want that also and want to makesure it can still be thin and dainty. Eeek! we are all going to be on the edge of our computer desks waiting for your ring!!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
ginger- did you finally decide to go with leon??? that''s soooo exciting!! you definitely cannot go wrong with that decision
1.gif

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I am sooooo jealous of you local NY gals, just get to drop in on FABULOUS Leon Mege... all we have are Jared''s and Zales... and TIFFANY''S...
39.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Cute: I had to read your intro to familiarize myself with your story before I responded. You''ve been together for so long! Congrats on that. Well your story sounds sooo sweet. I think it means even more because he''s not that into rings but he is so excited for yours and the " I didn''t want to seem so excited or he would jack the price
9.gif
" Love it. It is too funny. Your ring sounds amazing. I think I once saw an octogon with a round. It was beautiful! Do you have a pic of an inspriation ring? I would love to see it. Don''t forget your fellow LIW when you get the rock!!! WE NEED PICTURES! LOTS OF THEM.

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Cute.....how thrilling! Congrats! You know, when we least expect it the boys really surprise us, in a pleasant way! You will definitely have to keep us posted.
28.gif
Hope the time flies!

I was sold on the RB ritani style until I saw a Fred Leighton round set in an octagonal floating with pave & milgrain. (I saw it in a bridal mag this week-end....wedding style 2005...bf doesn''t know about the mag...lol). Now I am thinking of going with the octagonal setting. It seems a little bit more unique and funky to me than the rounds. I might have to ask you a few questions in a PM. :)

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
gingerb: Leon says 2.2mm.. but it'll "look" like practically a 1.5mm band. i kid you not, the rings he showed me were sooo tiny. A 1.8mm looked like a 1.2. a 2.2 looked like a 1.5. He's like a magician. lol! I sure wish I could see progress pics. poo!
5.gif

goldengirl: Yea, we are quite lucky.

allycat: hiya lady! you know, i did see a pic somewhere, but I have NOOOO idea where it is. but, the idea pretty much came about w/ just talking w/ Leon and bouncing ideas off each other. I absolutely love squares.. but Dre absolutely refused to buy me one. lol So it was a cool compromise. I'll never forget my LIW's. Shoot, I've been on the list for eons.
32.gif
Pic's will def. come

Nooners: Time isnt flying. It's only Tuesday. Shesh. This is so not cool.
38.gif
I wish you had a pic of the Fred Leighton band. I think it's the one I saw, but not sure. Certainly sounds exactly like it. I hope you go w/ the octagonal shape. It's jus a bit more sassy from classy. PM ME!!!! PM ME!!!

Found this on diamond talk. Leon could do wonders w/ some funky prongs like these. The shank looks like a kings hat. Very cool.

http://www.diamondtalk.com/forums/attachment.php?postid=216220

Thanks again ladies. 40 some odd days....
39.gif

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
NoonersMom: If you like the Ritani RB, but now want ocatagonal, you should see this! Someone posted it on PS (not sure what the original post was) -- it''s a Ritani EL with a RB in a ocatagonal frame!

ritani ring 2 copy.jpg

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Cute: Is the ring fatafelice posted like the one you are getting? I love that one. I think it is gorgeous. Oh...BY THE WAY.... I don''t know what your center stone is. What are the specs? Do tell
9.gif

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
YES Ally!!!! It will look extremely similar to this! Gosh, i really can''t wait now.

(Thanx Fatafelice for the pic.
16.gif
)

OH, so the stone...

From GOG
I VVS1 1.24 round
6.96x6.99x4.25
Flour: None

Excuse the dry hands.
40.gif

chris_stone1gog.jpg

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful stone! It is so BIG
9.gif
. The stone is going to look huge in your new setting. Can't wait for the pics.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
OH WOW...the ring fatafelice posted is GORGEOUS!!!!!!! I''ve never seen that before....i love it! I''ve always like round stones, but never been a huge fan of round bezels....what a perfect compromise!!!!! If you''re getting that ring I will be greeen with envy
21.gif
9.gif
. What a gorgeous rcok too! What size ring do you wear? It loooks waaaaaay bigger than a 1.24 on your tiny fingers! I can''t WAIT to see your ring!!!!! Thanks for the band info, I figured in the end Id'' let Leon decide what looked best, as long as it is thin and dainty!

ok one last drool over the floating round in dctagonal frame...
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
or three....ok done
9.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
seriously cutegirl, that is going to be one stunning ring! i really like the octagonal... and that stone!
36.gif
i can''t wait to see the finished product. hurry up leon!
9.gif

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
allycat: Thank you! Horray to small hands!
36.gif

gingerb: In the same boat... not a huge fan of round bezels either. My ring size is 5 right now, but slowly shrinking. I think by the ring, I''ll be b/w 4.5 and 5.0. I started dieting (just to become more healthy and fit). Other than that, I love my size. In fact, I hope that as I start working out, I stay in the low 130''s weight range (just replacing fat wt. w/ muscle wt.) We''ll see.

I''ve been told that the higher the stone sits, the bigger it looks, so it''s gotta that holder. Dre had me try on different wt''s. From 1ct. to 1.5ct. The 1.5 was just not pretty for me. Lucky for him huh?! lol! 1.2 sat just perfect for both of us. I do have to ride the subways.

Ginger, I say go for the octagonal frame too! You think you''re drooling now, wait ''til you see him drawing and running away w/ a custom design for you. Major
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
!

icekid: Leon said, if I have an important "engagement" to go to and wanted the ring by then, just let him know to speed up the order. Dre later said, "Chris should I tell him we have a "Shing-ding" in two weeks that is to die for?"
27.gif
Haha! He''s such a joker. Not even 5minutes later, there I am entertaining the idea. LOL! I waited a year so far... i can make it for 6 more weeks right?
20.gif
Oiy!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Since you girls liked it so much.......
21.gif

I really wish I knew where I got these so I could give this poster some credit!

ritani ring 2a copy.jpg

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
And the requisite hand shot...

ritani ring 2c copy.jpg

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
NOW I remember where I got it!!! It was posted by DBOF on a DiamondTalk forum.

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
You goils are soooo funny! I love it! Cute, that''s a beautiful stone. Your ring is going to be gorgeous!

The one that I saw was somewhat similar. However, it seems like it had a larger octagonal base, but with smaller details. Literally the center stone looks like it is floating in the middle. Either way, both styles will be one serious piece of bling!

Cute, can''t wait to see yours! How many more days? JK! Repeat after me, "well worth the wait, well worth the wait"...LOL.

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/3/2005 7:10:22 PM
Author: NoonersMom
You goils are soooo funny! I love it! Cute, that''s a beautiful stone. Your ring is going to be gorgeous!

The one that I saw was somewhat similar. However, it seems like it had a larger octagonal base, but with smaller details. Literally the center stone looks like it is floating in the middle. Either way, both styles will be one serious piece of bling!

Cute, can''t wait to see yours! How many more days? JK! Repeat after me, ''well worth the wait, well worth the wait''...LOL.
I''m still saying it Nooners.

"well worth the wait , well worth the wait, well I''m waiting... I mean uhhh, well worth the wait"
39.gif
Sighhh. At least 2 more weeks to hit 6. Oh gosh. The pics of those rings are so beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results