shape
carat
color
clarity

Appletini!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
Lauren - Holy cow those pics are amazing. I''m obviously in the wrong line of work. :)

Can I sign up to have the wedding there too?

NoonersMom - That resort is breathtaking. There just really are too many options, I don''t know how people decide.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Nooners and Apple, I would LOVE if you guys were LIW ring twins!!
1.gif
And Lauren, that resort is just jaw-dropping--amazing!!!!

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Lauren, beautiful scenery. Thanks for sharing. I agree...you are very fortunate that your company provided an all expense paid trip there.
1.gif

Apple.....
We will have our choice between England, France and New Zealand (yes, two of these aren''t Europe). New Zealand is a little too far away for me at this point (even though I love NZ). I think we are leaning towards France. It''s a better base for exploring Europe when he''s traveling or for week-end trips.

Where will you potentially be living in S. America? Have you visited there before? Very wise to nail down his boss on travel expectations. I imagine that once the planning process starts they will be flexible & accomidating for both of you.

Yes, that would be quite funny if we both got those rocks. hehe.

Blue Chica (nice avitar) & Apple...
Something about these villas speaks to me. It''s the perfect combination of both of us....he''s hindu & my name is the same as the town & resort. When I emailed them (multiple times), they answered every question and were amazingly kind. I just got a very good vibe from them. It''s also very small with 6 villas total but without the boutique upmarket rate. The owner stayed on the land for a year before building so that they could determine best positions for sunsets, breeze, rain, etc.

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
NoonersMom - Wow, that''s amazing that that much thought went even where the building should be done. I bet the service is pretty special, definitely food for thought. You are going to have an amazing honeymoon.

You make a good point about it coming down to a personal decision. NZ has always held a special appeal for my BF and I separately, not to mention the fact that we''re LOTR dorks, so it makes for a great honeymoon for the two of us - maybe not for other people though. I wish I could travel all the time, so much to see!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
NoonersMom: I went to London a few months ago and loved, but I can understand why you would pick France. Haven''t been to France, but it sounds so romantic! I''ve NZ is gorgeous but that is a very long flight! I have been to Brazil (Rio) before about three years ago (the ex''s parents worked there for a little while so it was a college spring break). I loved Brazil when I was there, the culture is very interesting, but friendly. Not sure where we would live, my guess whould be Brazil, Chile, or Argentina. I wish I could have a better idea of that now instead of later. He knows that if we go away, that I do want to work whereever, b/c I''d be really bored without friends and stuff.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately, it was not my company that sent us on an incentive trip, it was Weston''s company. They''re a small family owned software company that spoils their employees rotten, and when they make their numbers, they take those that have been with the company for the whole year on a fantastic "team building" type of vacation. It was the Four Seasons Hawaii in 2002, Palmilla in 2004, and if they make their numbers this year, I think Nevis might be at the top of the list. They didn''t make their numbers in 2004, though - so no trip in 2005.
38.gif

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Blue Chica...I''m with you in hoping that the service is special at the resort. :) NZ is such a beautiful & special place. You would love it, including the only remaining LOTR set in Matamata (North Island). BF had to go back to NZ for a conference, I went with & we spent 10 days touring around the North Island. Wasn''t nearly enough, but we loved it. Let me know if you ever go. We can provide some good pointers (especially since he used to live there & still has friends there). I''m with you...so much to see & experience in this world!

Appletini....I love London & England as well! Unfortunately my exbf lives there. As much as I am over him, I don''t think I could live close to him (we did the over the pond relationship). If we were to live in England, it would have to be Bath or surrounding area for BF''s work. So, give me France...good wine, cheese, & food! hehe.

Never been to S. America! Any of those three locations sound fantastic!!! Start doing your homework on the different areas! lol. That''s also very wise to continue working...especially for your sanity. It will definitely help you develop a support system and hopefully make the transition a little easier. :)

Blue Chica & Appletini....I''ll try & post a few pictures from our NZ trip. Give me a few days (pics are at home, not work).

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I think I might need to brush up on my Spanish and officially learn Portuguese. I think I might get the tapes/CDs so that I can practice while driving too and from work. I was thinking if we did move there, I could get a job withe US embassy or something govt related down there or teach English at a school. Or maybe even work for his company if my language skills get good enough.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I''m having a setting crisis. I''ve been looking at too many rings on PS and now don''t know what I want. Too many potential ideas racing through my head.

Here''s what I''m thinking...
1. something like Reena''s ring
2. Kayla17s Ritani, but with double claw prongs
3. You have to visualize this...Kayla17s Ritani, keep the pave basket, but have a plain shank and add double claw prongs.

I started looking at the wedding set thread on SMTR and got all confused again. I definitely want the micropave eternity band for my w-ring and want to ring both rings on the same finger and want them to look fabulous together.

Okay I''m going to try to work now, instead of obsessing. Good news I still have at least 3 weeks to sort this all out in my head.

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
OMG I''ve been working TOO much and obsessing TOO little these days! I need to catch up!!

Appletini -- do you have a link to Kayla''s ring? I can''t remember that one...but Reena''s is GORGEOUS!!!! and I LOVE the idea of all of us getting married the same day at the resort, then one huge reception!!! FUN... and I don''t think I''ve had a chance to say what an adorable couple you and your bf are!!!!! VERY cute pic!!

Lauren -- thank you SO much for posting those picks of Palmilla. So far my bf and I have only seen those on the palmilla website.... I would love to at least VACATION there!!!

sciencegeek

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/27/2005 2:21:52 PM
Author: appletini
I''m having a setting crisis. I''ve been looking at too many rings on PS and now don''t know what I want. Too many potential ideas racing through my head.

Here''s what I''m thinking...

1. something like Reena''s ring
2. Kayla17s Ritani, but with double claw prongs
3. You have to visualize this...Kayla17s Ritani, keep the pave basket, but have a plain shank and add double claw prongs.

I started looking at the wedding set thread on SMTR and got all confused again. I definitely want the micropave eternity band for my w-ring and want to ring both rings on the same finger and want them to look fabulous together.

Okay I''m going to try to work now, instead of obsessing. Good news I still have at least 3 weeks to sort this all out in my head.

I totally understand, I''m still not sure what I want for my e-ring and it''s freakin sitting on my finger already!! Meaning, there''s a ton of gorgeous rings out there and I''ve convinced myself there''s no need for the e-ring to be the be-all and end-all of jewelry. I love what I have, and later I will get more rings and I will love them too. FI can''t believe I''m already planning another ring, but whatever. It''s totally different from my ering and I love them both
11.gif
1.gif
So much for not being a girly girl.

Here''s my opinion on your ring dilemman for what it''s worth. I love pave eternity bands. Love love love
30.gif
And I think they look smashing next to a plain platinum shank. So if your center stone is big enough to not need the pave shank for extra sparkle, I definitely vote for plain platinum shank (maybe knife edge for interest), pave basket, split prongs, fireball center stone, and pave w-ring. Whew, I''m jealous already
12.gif

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/27/2005 2:53:49 PM
Here is Kayla17''s Ritani

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ritani-rings.22547/=
Ok of course -- now I remember!!! I LOVE love love that setting -- in fact if I don''t go with the Michael B. version, this is what I''ll go with. The band is so tiny and dainty and beautiful..... I REALLY love the basket setting (is that what it''s called) with the pave around it..... I wish Michael B. offered something like that....

appletini

Ideal_Rock
My center stone will be ~1.25cts so I want it to look as great as possible. I like delicate and dainty things so I don't want the ring to be overwhelming, but yet stunning at the same time. A little thing I like to call "elegant sexy". I'm sure that I will drive WF nuts trying to get this ring designed. But I know they will have suggestions too.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Apple, I feel your pain! There is no wrong answer though--all of those options woud be amazing! It''s like, the more you look, the more indecisive! (Out of curiosity, what made you decide against the Speyer one?) Good luck! I think something like Kayla''s w/ double claw prongs would be dreamy with our without a pave shank! (And of course a pave halo a la Reena''s is amazing as well, of course!!)

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Blueroses: I wasn''t going to get the actual Speyer, but try to have something similar made. I love the top view, but they side view is very bulky looking, and that bothered both myself and Brain the cutter. My original love was Kayla17s ring, but I love Reena''s too. What''s a girl to do. Now I kind of wish that I didn''t have a choice, but I''m really glad that I do.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, a bulky sideview with something so delicate is not good. Hmmm....I think your original inspiration is always a good place to go back to. Reena''s also has the double claw prongs--you could do some sort of combo of the two?

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I think that''s what I''ll try to go for...and hopefully I can keep everything in budget (~$2K for the setting) so I can''t get too crazy.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I''m sure you can--since you''re flexible about whether or not to have pave on the shank, and you probably wouldn''t have all of that detail work on/below the basket like Reena''s has (I love it, but I def. want to wear a wedding band too) I bet you will be able to figure something out! Yay for design progress!!
2.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
My BF comes home 2 weeks from tomorrow!!!

He was so cute when he called tonight...he was saying how he can''t wait to come home so that we get moving on the ring (and of course be with me too). I told him how I was frustrated b/c I had too many ideas running through my head. He said that today he looked back at pics of one of the first settings I had sent him and he really liked it. I can''t remember which one, but I have a feeling its the Kayla17s Ritani. He''s going to send me the pic tomorrow to refresh my memory.

I looked up more pics to print out for my ring file (yes I have a folder that I take with me to WF). I was talking to my roomie and told her that I was obessing about settings. So I mentioned that I had pics to show her. I was a little surprised by her lack of enthusiasm so I went in her room with the pics. Then she got all excited, b/c some odd reason she thought I was talking about China patterns and thought I had gone off the deep end.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
NoonersMom: I was doing my daily diamond research and our twin diamonds at WF are both gone. Maybe someone bought one for you!

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Appletini....I was just searching WF as I have to go to Austin for business at the beginning of March & thought I would make the trip to WF. I just looked for our diamonds and they are gone.
9.gif
8.gif
I doubt I will be receiving it as my love doesn''t know about this one. I hope your love purchased for you.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Let me know when you come to H-town! Well I''m kind of hoping that my BF didn''t get it for me, b/c I''ve seen a few others on the expert selection that I''d like to see in person. He comes home in 10 days!!!

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
I imagine you are dying to see your BF! The 1.255 is still there. The 1.26 is sold. Time will tell.
19.gif
You''ll have to let us know how your next appointment goes.

I am flying to Austin March 1st. I will probably check-in & then drive over to H-twon while I have the afternoon free. I am also having a bit of a delima. I really like the ritani style, however, saw a Fred Leighton octagon in a magazine this week-end and fell in love with it. Unfortunately I don''t know of a lot of places where I can try on the octagon shape...

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
NoonersMom, what you''re describing (and what cutegirl has mentioned in her custom Leon journey) made me think of this ring I''d seen a while ago--it''s a Ritani endless love, but set in an octagonal bezel w/ an RB center stone. Something like this?

ritoctsol.jpg

appletini

Ideal_Rock
NoonersMom: that''s so wierd that the 1.255 is back, b/c it was gone earlier today, maybe someone changed their mind. The drive from Austin to Houston will be about +/- 2.5 hours depending on traffic. That is so exciting! Maybe all the H-town PS girls can meet up for a drink or something that afternoon. You will love Brian!

Blueroses: the octagon that you posted is gorgeous!!

By the way I just noticed that Ritani updated their website...its so much better now!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/1/2005 9
6.gif
9:58 PM
NoonersMom: that''s so wierd that the 1.255 is back, b/c it was gone earlier today, maybe someone changed their mind. The drive from Austin to Houston will be about +/- 2.5 hours depending on traffic. That is so exciting! Maybe all the H-town PS girls can meet up for a drink or something that afternoon. You will love Brian!

Blueroses: the octagon that you posted is gorgeous!!

By the way I just noticed that Ritani updated their website...its so much better now!

oooh sounds like fun! Drinks and diamonds...can you ask for more out of an afternoon?

apple - so what design are you leaning towards? Have you ruled any elements in or out yet?

blue - thanks for posting that ring again...i was just drooling over it in the other thread and now I can drool here too!
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
This week I''m leaning towards a combo of Kayla17''s rings...her previous one was a Leon Mege, no pave, but I like the prongs ane the ring structures are almost identical.

Kayla17''s Ritani I just love the delicate pave of this (my first PS dream ring)

Kayla17''s Leon Mege I want these prongs on the Ritani

The BF doesn''t really like the pave halo''s around/under the center stone, so that might not happen.

But for the pave basket I have a few ideas to make it unique, but I might just keep it as is in the picture
(a) rose gold pave basket for some contrast and rose gold is popular right now
(b) sapphire pave basket--this way I can still get my sapphires and they won''t be too noticable.
I don''t think the BF will like either of these ideas, but I can always suggest them.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE the sapphires in the basket option! In my original e-ring design with the rb and two pears truffle setting with pave basket, my bf and I played around with the idea of putting sapphires in the basket..I think it would be gorgeous!!! And it wouldn''t be so obvious, so maybe your bf would be amendable to it?

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I''m hoping he will like it with the sapphires. I might have to play with photoshop and see if I can make a picture.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results