shape
carat
color
clarity

Appletini!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
LOOOOOOVE the idea of sapphires on the basket! LOVE!!

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Apple...I SECOND the idea of saphires in the basket. It''s just one little detail that truly makes it your own.
25.gif
You''ll have to keep us posted on the weekly updates. hehe.

Houston PSers.....would love to get together for a drink. Mind you, it would have to be just one as I have to drive 2+hours & I have a conference the next day. I also need to arrange something with WF once the date get''s closer. Either way, let''s touch base in a few weeks!

Blue....thanks for posting the pick. The octagonal that I saw seems as though it''s floating, is set higher & doesn''t have as much diamonds. It also seems as though the base (for lack of a better word) is flatter & spread out wider. I''ll try to scan the picture this week-end. Need to wait until the BF comes home tomorrow as all the scanning software is on his computer. (Corporate policy that I can''t download software to my laptop without co''s permission).

Now I just need to find a place where I can try on an octagonal size. Should be no problem....as they are a dime a dozen. lol.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Hey Ladies, I''m sure y''all have already seen this on SMTR, but this ring is gorgeous, I might have to switch to a square cushion instead!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/have-ring-waiting-to-propose.24505/

I''m so glad that y''all like the sapphire basket idea...b/c I can''t stop thinking about it! Less than 7.5 days until he comes home. He''ll be home for about a week and will probably have to go back for another two weeks after that. Ironically about the time he comes home, I''ll be doing some traveling for work a few weeks later, but don''t know the details yet (just Midland, TX, nothing exotic).

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful setting Apple. . Lucky gal, Midland. LOL. I had to go there & Odessa once....only it was for a few days. Good luck with the two weeks there! LOL.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/3/2005 7:52:26 PM
Author: appletini
Hey Ladies, I''m sure y''all have already seen this on SMTR, but this ring is gorgeous, I might have to switch to a square cushion instead!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/have-ring-waiting-to-propose.24505/

I''m so glad that y''all like the sapphire basket idea...b/c I can''t stop thinking about it! Less than 7.5 days until he comes home. He''ll be home for about a week and will probably have to go back for another two weeks after that. Ironically about the time he comes home, I''ll be doing some traveling for work a few weeks later, but don''t know the details yet (just Midland, TX, nothing exotic).

i love tht ring! esp the side profile...i already saved it under my inspiration file to show leon when the time comes!!! only with pave and milgrain for me...and of course a sapphire pave basket for you
11.gif
*rubbing hands in glee*
31.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I tried doing an internet search last night for a cushion like that...impossible to find and so out of budget.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I''m sad...talked to the BF last night and now he is only coming home for the weekend instead of a week. He might have to fly back to Brazil on V-day night. His work told him that he could get his visa stuff taken care of in Brazil and that he didn''t need to fly home. He told them that he had to go home anyway to get some medicine. I would be so mad if I had to go 7 weeks without him instead of three.

Oh well at least he is coming home for a few days instead of not at all.

We won''t have our next WF trip until March when he does come for awhile. I mentioned the sapphire basket idea, he thinks the ring should be all diamonds, hopefully WF will convince him that it will be smashing.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I PMd Kayla17 telling her what an inspiration she has been to me, since I love both of her rings (Ritani & Leon Mege) and want a combo of the two of them. She mentioned that I should just have Leon make my ring. Oh that is so tempting. I know Ginger is going to have him do it, I might have to do that too! I just wish he was in Texas instead of NYC!!!

I might just have to email him my ideas and see what kind of estimate I can get. Of course every Leon ring I see on here I fall in love with. I''ll have to see what the BF has to say about it. Of course that also means waiting a lot longer if Leon makes my ring, but I know it will be worth the wait.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2005 9:25:15 AM
I PMd Kayla17 telling her what an inspiration she has been to me, since I love both of her rings (Ritani & Leon Mege) and want a combo of the two of them. She mentioned that I should just have Leon make my ring. Oh that is so tempting. I know Ginger is going to have him do it, I might have to do that too! I just wish he was in Texas instead of NYC!!!

I might just have to email him my ideas and see what kind of estimate I can get. Of course every Leon ring I see on here I fall in love with. I''ll have to see what the BF has to say about it. Of course that also means waiting a lot longer if Leon makes my ring, but I know it will be worth the wait.

Hi Appletini,
Leon is doing a ring for me and I don''t live any where near NYC. I say go for it if your BF agrees. If you love his stuff why not go with the artist himself
9.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
mrssalvo: I can''t wait to see your leon ring!

I love Leon''s stuff, but I also really like WF a lot and their custom rings that I have seen, and so far have loved every aspect of my experience with them. Its going to be a tough one.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whiteflash does have amazing stuff so either way i don''t think you can go wrong. Plus, I agree there is a benefit to having them local. I''m know your ring will be Awesome whomever you choose.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/7/2005 9:25:15 AM

I had the exact dilemma (and wish!)...I originally did go to WF cuz they were in town and the convenience of that is a HUGE plus. What ultimately made me decision not to go with them was simply creative differences outweighing the convenience of an in town vendor. If you trust that WF and you and your BF will be able to work together to create your dream ring, I say take advantage of the having your jeweler within easy reach. But if you think you won''t be happy unless you have leon create your ring, AND you are willing to give up some control (due to both the NY distance factor and the Leon is an artiste factor
9.gif
) then you and your bf should talk it over. Go with what you are comfortable with. Either way you are going to end up with a gorgeous ring!!!!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I cheated today....on the round brilliant, and was lusting after an asscher! But then I looked at the round idealscope images on WF and remembered why I love the RB so much...those arrows get me every time!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
In my asscher madness last night, I sent the BF this picture of my favorite Leon Mege ring. Well he emailed me back this morning and said that he really likes it. I thought for sure he wouldn''t, so now I''m back to square one...decisions, decisions...what''s a girl to do. I guess he and I will do a lot of diamond/ring deep thinking this weekend while he''s home. Now its time to start researching asschers, just in case...

HHLM-1.jpg

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/8/2005 8:47:43 AM
In my asscher madness last night, I sent the BF this picture of my favorite Leon Mege ring. Well he emailed me back this morning and said that he really likes it. I thought for sure he wouldn''t, so now I''m back to square one...decisions, decisions...what''s a girl to do. I guess he and I will do a lot of diamond/ring deep thinking this weekend while he''s home. Now its time to start researching asschers, just in case...
that is my absolute favorite asscher setting and prob my favorite leon ring! My bf LOVED it and my friend showed me her "O"
6.gif
face when she saw it! Unfortunately for me the side profile is not my style, but from head on...DROOL
3.gif
. If you get that ring...I will be positively GREEN
21.gif
with envy! Oh get it get it get it! I''m dying for SOMEONE to get that ring so I can see it "for real!" Oh wait! You''re in Houston! If you get that ring I will track you down and stalk that ring until I see it in person!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I''m über excited for you!!!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Why don''t you give your bf specs on both the asscher and the H&A - that way you''ll REALLY be surprised?

appletini

Ideal_Rock
ginger: i''m so in love with it, but its finding a great asscher for our budget that makes me hesitant. Oh if he had just said he didn''t like it, my life would be so much easier!

erin: so tempting, but I''m just too much of a control freak and perfectionist.

I wonder how that setting would look with a round diamond??? I might have to really think outside the box on this one. Shame on DeBeers for making us feel like we have to have a fab e-ring. I''m so tempted to just ask for an eternity band for my e-ring(like the facets shared prong asscher) (and get the stunning ring later for my w-ring instead and do everything opposite), but I''m sure he will never agree to that

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh, so odd...I thought I had posted...but it never showed up...

That is one of my FAVORITE rings EVER. I L
30.gif
VE it!!

I can totally understand the control issue...I get disappointed. I sort of need everything my way. Bad, bad trait! Have you gone to try on rings and see how you like the look of each stone? Maybe WF would be able to give you some good ideas with what would look good in that setting. So many options, so few fingers
1.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Well I just got off the phone with the BF...he said he really likes the setting, but he''s not an asscher fan. I wonder how something like that setting would look with a round? Comments please!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
I asked myself the same question a few months ago when I was craving that setting but already had a round. I think it is a gorgeous design and compliment a round very well. Ooooh, now I''m imagining the ring with a round and pear sides and the pave
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
How gorgeous would that be?!?!?!
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
rhr/anni ring for me maybe?
31.gif
Bad ginger!!! I can''t think about that when I haven''t even gotten my e-ring yet!
12.gif
But you could get it NOW so I can see that baby in person!
11.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Oh so much to think about! He joked about giving me a platinum band, and I said that I know he wouldn''t do that, b/c I know he wants the ring to be something he''ll be proud of.

He did say that he will someday get me a sapphire RHR since I love sapphires so much...that will for sure be a Leon Mege whenever that happens. Maybe for our 5 year anniversary or something. I''ll definitely hold him to that.

Ginger thanks for the idea! The wheels are turning in my head...

41 hours until he gets home!!! Everyone cross your fingers b/c there is a chance that he might not have to back to Brazil!!!

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Appletini...decisions, decisions! I''m not really one to comment at the moment as I keep flip flopping myself. I think the last LM that you posted would be beautiful with a RB. Too bad we don''t have access to a program that let''s us insert all of the shapes & designs so we can see a virtual copy! Keeping fingers crossed that your BF doesn''t have to return to SA!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh That leon asscher ring is TO DIE FOR.. I have already informed FI that I will some day require a 2-3 carat asscher (I prefaced it by showing him a 6 ct ring that I thought was gorgeous.. so it seemed not so bad!!!) I think I want a solitaire.. but I''d be happy with that 3 stone too!!

I posted this in gingers thread.. but this is a sort of similar ring with an RB.. It doesn''t have the LEON touch though
knjafff041004m.jpg

Its not nearly as drool worthy, but maybe it will give you an idea.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Melissa thats a pretty one too! I''m really starting to like the tapered bullet and trillion sidestones alot, but I''m afraid that the reamining pave on the shank won''t be noticeable when I''m wearing it. But then if I don''t have a gigantic stone it might be visiable. Of course sidestones also mean more expensive setting too....

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Appletini-
I don''t think these exact rings fit what you''re looking for, but I thought I would post them in case you had not seen them yet (maybe you''ll like some components of them?). They are by Tacori.

saph.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the pics Buena. I don''t know why, but for some reason Tacori rings just don''t do it for me. I see lots that are pretty, but they just aren''t "me"

22 hours until I get to see my man!!!

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Awesome! Have fun with your hon
2.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
11 more hours!!! And his mommy sent me a V-day card...she is so sweet!

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Your man''s back now, right? Best wishes for a warm welcome home!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
He''s home!!! I picked him up at 5:45am. We had a nice breakfast and took a brief nap and then he had to go into the office to get some visa renewal stuff taken care of. He had to meet with the Brazilian consulates office about the renewal as to what kind of visa he should have. But he''ll be here until the 20th, so we have 9 days together!!! I don''t think we''ll get around to actually moving on the ring until mid-late March b/c of his work stuff, and then I have a week long trip not too long after he gets back. So I still have plenty of time to finally decide what I want. There are a few stones at WF that I''d like to look at, so hopefully they won''t disappear between now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results