shape
carat
color
clarity

Appletini!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Apple, so happy you and your honey are together for a while!!!

....and I think it would be VERY pretty with a round center stone. Love that setting with any center!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I just sent Leon an email with pictures of the two rings that I love and described the modifications that I would make to both of them. If I don''t get a reply in the next few days, then I will give him a call. I''m so excited!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Last night I was talking with BF some about the setting. He then told me that he likes the Ritani one more, he thinks it more engagement ring looking. I asked why he said that he liked the Leon asccher I sent him and he said that he does really like that one too, but he likes the other one more. I told him that he should have clarified that to make the comparison when he commented on the Leon ring. Perhaps I''ll go with that Leon ring for my RHR with a sapphire someday.

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Appletini-
Is he definitely sure he likes the Ritani one better? Either ring will look gorgeous, but if you were starting to envision an LM e-ring on your hand, maybe you could show him some LM e-rings that have been posted. Always good to double check
2.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I would still probably have Leon make a ring like the Ritani, b/c there are several changes that I want to make to it mainly the double claw prongs, and probably not do the pave all the way around, and add some milgrain edging. And possibly a blue sapphire basket (if the BF will consent). So it will still have the Leon flair...

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I gotcha. So does that basically mean he prefers an RB over an Asscher?

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I''m in a similar situation. I conviced the bf this weekend to come look at rings with me. We went to look at the ring that I have been so loving recently -- rb with pear sidestones. So beautiful and looks perfect on me. However, before he met me, I went into another store and saw an absolutely fantastic ring -- a HUGE emerald cut that was almost square (but they claimed it was an emerald and not an assher) with a pave band. So beautiful I almost cried when I put it on. However, the bf said that athough he thought it was beautiful and it looked fantastic on my finger, he likes the rb one better because it''s sparkly. I''m a little torn, but I love the first one too.

I just want the damn ring already!!!

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Apple...we''ve got similar taste! Either one will be beautiful! That''s a great idea to make the saphire a RHR down the road. I don''t think you will regret it.

How''s time with BF? Hope you are thoroughly enjoying! Any possibility of him NOT having to return to SA, as you previously hoped for?

appletini

Ideal_Rock
buena: the asscher would be the same setting, but with an RB instead.

nooners: As of right now I have him until Sunday, but he said he was trying to convince boss to bring everyone back to Houston. But yesterday the secreatary was asking him about when to book his flight to go back. BF and I are very much enjoying our time together. This morning I reminded him that his New Year''s resolution was to spend as much time with me as possible, so he''ll have to work on that when this Brazil project is over.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Leon!! That''s so exciting!!! Keep us updated. The combo of kayla17''s two rings sounds divine...have you definitely decided that''s the design you want?

Crossing fingers in hopes your bf can fulfill his New Year''s resolution!!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I think I will most likely go with my modfied Ritani, I think it will be easier on the budget (which will allow for a larger rock), and I think it will also be more flush with the w-band (which will be a matching eternity ring).

I''ll find out for sure in a few days, but the BF might be staying home a little longer, but I don''t how long that is. So if that''s the case, then I think we can get started on the ring sooner, b/c who knows how long he''ll be gone the next time he leaves.

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Appletini....our diamond is sold! (I''m sad). I doubt it''s my BF. I truly hope it''s yours! :) Keep those fingers crossed!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I just got off the phone with Leon!!! His rough ballpark estimate was about the same as actual Ritani setting, so that''s good news...I can hopefully splurge on the stone a little. He also said that he has done several rings for Whiteflash clients, so WF will know how to handle everything.

Other good news...my man will be home next week too, so hopefully we can buy our diamond next week!!!

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
*Bump*....Apple I think we were entering posts at the same time. See my previous post. Hmmmm, something''s brewing on your side!
36.gif
36.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Nooners: we were posting at the same time! Our precious is gone, but I doubt my man got it, b/c I told him that I wanted to go back to WF too look somemore and especially see the difference in color between G-H-I-J. I''m starting to lean towards an "I" as long as it doesn''t look yellow from the side.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Engagement rings are driving me nuts and the BF is too!!!

For starters last night I was at my sorority alum club meeting and was talking with our president who has a beautiful ring. Its a classic tiffany 6 prong solitare with an ~1.5 ct F VS1/2 (I asked her about the color b/c it was so WHITE), and she has a pave eternity band for her w-ring that sparkles like mad from accross the room. Everytime I see her I am always starring at her rings! So now a simple solitare w/ two eternity bands sounds sounds good too (my original favorite ring for years was the tiffany 6prong).

Then later me, the BF, and some of my girls went out to the bar. Well in the post-bar drunken conversation he reveals that I have to wait two months just for him to buy the diamond b/c he wants to pay cash for the whole thing (shame on him, he's supposidly been saving for the last year). And then we can send it to Leon--so that means I have to wait 4 more months a.k.a. Mid-June (or 2.5 min if WF makes the setting)! So not happy about this b/c I was hoping we could make a diamond purchase next week. Plus with two of his friends getting married this summer, they are taking up a lot of time on the social calendar, which means fewer opportunities for a proposal.

I told him that it would rather him just be in Brazil the next two months instead of here, b/c then he would at least have a valid excuse for not being able to do it before then and I wouldn't be able to get my hopes up. I also told him that he can for sure plan our reception being at my grandma's house, b/c by the time we get engaged everything will be booked for March 2006. I also told him that I was much more flexible about the actual/wedding reception than he was, and that he was going to make that difficult too. Then he says that we can just go off somewhere together the two of us, but then says that his parents have to be there, which is so not fair b/c my family won't be able to (my grandma (she raised me) has very bad osteo-arthritis, and has minimal vision/blind) so I wouldn't have anyone.

I know I had learned the hard way that boy and girl soon are not the same, but I figured that he's been procrastinating for so long that boy soon was finally happening.

Okay I'm going to stop obsessing and try to get some work done and relax because its Friday!!! And I got my bonus today so I'll have to put it in the wedding fund.

And I forgot to mention...I have PMS...this does not help anything and instead makes me go super crazy!

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
Oh Apple! Sorry to hear.. .but I''ll tell you what. It''s gonna work out great. The stone u loved is gone...but in that 2month timeframe, you''ll both be able to spot a new stone that will be way better than this one. I know I know, it''s tuff to let this stone go. I was in the same situation. What''s worse is, he had the $$. Procrastination made him miss an H vs2 1.39 rb. He got so nervous cos stones were going like hot cakes when he purchased mine.. He impulsively leaped for the I vvs2 1.24. VVS2 is such overkill. A gal woulda preferred the 12pts for the same $$ anyday! Aiya! Nonetheless, I love it dearly. The stone hung out w/ us in the house for an entire year before it landed @ Leons. So 4mths total to wait is great! It will fly and come summer you''ll be saying it was WELL worth the wait.
2.gif

PS
Congrats on the bonus!

Ammayernyc,
My b/f said the same thing. He loved the look of squares on my hand much more than the rb.. but refused to pay for a square that could not sparkle as much as a round. Dunno, I''d be torn too. Love the "x" factor in asschers. And just the all around look of emeralds. Have u thought about a jubilee?

appletini

Ideal_Rock
cutie thanks for the kind words. When he called me this morning he said that we can talk more about it tonight.

I might have to stretch his total budget an extra $1,000 as interest since he's been making me wait.

The whole time we were talking last night, he kept saying how much he loves me and wants to marry me and wants everything to be perfect financially (which it is, he has money saved, has a good job, and is a lot more responsibile financially and more financially stable than his engaged/married friends).

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh, Appletini, that is so frustrating! Definitely a classic example of boy vs. girl soon. Hopefully he''ll save the money more quickly than he estimated.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
BF just called and he really is so wonderful. He knew that I was sad about the ring delay this morning, so he told me that tomorrow we can sit down together and he is going to go over all of his finances with me (I''m an accoutant), so that we can accurately estimate his savings and how long it will take for everything. I was in total shock when he said this, but I made sure to tell him thank you. He said he really does want to get engaged as soon as possible, and even more so b/c he wants to be able to show off my e-ring at the weddings this summer, and still have time our special celebrations too.

I''m so in love with him!!!
emlove.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Awwwww, Apple, what a sweetiebaby!!!
30.gif
30.gif
I''m so happy he''s going to sit down with you and really let you in on the boy-brain here
2.gif
Yay! Amazing when they come through and understand where we are and ACT on it sometimes! Yay!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
The BF and I reviewed his budget/finances yesterday and it went really well. I was very impressed by the budget he has set up and was super excited that there really is a ring catagory on it.

What we decided on is that he is going to get the AMEX blue credit card b/c it has a 0% intrest intro rate, and he will buy the stone with that and he can pay off most of it right away (the WF 2% cash disc isn''t that much of a difference), but still drag out the rest of it, so he won''t have to drain his savings. So I guess whenever he gets the new card we will buy the diamond. So I''m expecting about a month from now, b/c it is also dependent on any work travel. If he dedided to save all the cash and then wait, we''d be looking at the end of April, and then add two months for the setting, and that would be just way too long.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
YAY! I''m glad you got the finances worked out.. Its not something thats fun to think about but money has SUCH a big effect on engament rings. It was a big reason for the delay on my ring too!! (If he would have TOLD me that, I''d have gone easier on him.. but he chose not to...:)
So hopefully soon your b/f will order your diamond and it can get sent to LEON!!!! and you can have a fabulous amazing leon ring!

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
appletini-

I haven''t seen your thread in awhile
35.gif

Any diamond purchases yet, or is your man still saving $$ ? Have you picked out the exact stone you want?

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Buena! I''ve been super busy at work these past two weeks, but now I''m entering my slow time, so I might be on PS too much. We''re supposed to be getting our diamond at the end of the month, I''ve been monitoring WF''s inventory and there are a few I have my eye on, so hopefully no one will get them before I do...although I''ve been so busy lately that I''ve looked at their site maybe once a day (usually its a lot more than that). I''m cooking a gourmet dinner for the BF tomorrow night, so I''m hoping he and I can discuss this a little more and then pick a date to go to WF together.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I just looked on WF and my favorite diamond is gone...it was there yesterday...its was a 1.53 ct I SI2 with Med Blue Flour.
emcry.gif

Okay its been deleted off my spreadsheet. I have ~2 weeks to find a new favorite and hopefully WF will get some more between now and then. Or I could always get Mara''s last diamond, that would be too funny.

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
ooooh! That''s a shame about the 1.53 stone! I''m sure WF will get some more dazzlers in. It seems like a lot of the vendors are pretty busy right now selling diamonds and will need to restock soon
2.gif

That is so cool that you should have your diamond by the end of the month. I''m really excited for you!!! After your b/f buys the stone, how long do you think it will take for the setting to be made? Will the entire ring be completed before this summer?
10.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Well now that I feel like there is minimal time to get engaged this summer, I''m having several thoughts on the setting...

1. If Leon makes it, I''m guessing ~2 months for the setting, so BF won''t have it in his possesion until late May or early June.

2. If WF makes it, I can be very actively invovled since I can meet with them in person (and they have a min. 10 day turnaround, but I won''t rush it that much), WF can ship it to BF''s sister in DC (to avoid TX sales tax) and she will coming home for a week at the end of April (she has wedding in Houston & Dallas two weekends in a row), and she could just bring it back with her and leave it as his parents house. This way he can have a lot more opportunities to propose and it won''t have to be so close to the friend''s weddings, plus they are having a million showers...at least it seems that way.

I feel like by the time these two guys get married, his friends will be so tired of wedding stuff when its our turn. Elopement is sounding really good right now. Oh well I have plenty of time to think about that.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results