shape
carat
color
clarity

Allegations against Harvey Weinstein

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I imagined a woman looked like this I'd be standing too close, staring at her chest and pinching her butt. :cheeky:

Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 1.53.36 PM.png

Last edited:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I imagined a woman looked like this I'd be standing too close, staring at her chest and pinching her butt.

Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 1.53.36 PM.png
That's why I'd substitute the rock with Andre the giant - he's terrifying to this shrimpy bean

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for posting the video @kenny. That pretty much tells you most of Hollywood knew what was going on. I wonder how he wasn't exposed after this awards show? I would have thought that comment would have blown the lid off everyone keeping silent.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

How many men have complained/made allegations?

cheers--Sharon

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is anyone really shocked???

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have a president who as far as I can see is guilty of the same s@#+ so I wonder when people are going to start calling him out on it, and stop paying women off.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly, I have dual feelings. On the one hand, he is a perfect scum. And a pig - the story about polluting the pot plants was probably the ugliest. On the other, he was such an active supporter and donor to liberal causes.

Today, I said to my husband, "they will just shoot these big wounded lions, one by one. I think Affleck is the next one".

In 30 minutes, I was reading about Affleck apologizing for groping (someone - don't even know her).

Hollywood is the supporter of liberal causes. Sexually, Hollywood is a cloaca. I remember how Chaplin was ostracised and left the country. Chaplin was morally unclean but at the same time, supported good world causes, and his voice was honest.

How do we tie it all up?

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just heard on the news cops were called to his daughters where he was and said he was suicidal

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't help but think this isn't an issue of "men with power and money."

This is an issue of men who feel entitled to women's bodies. Poor men, middle class men, teenage boys, they all do it. We are just labeled "harpies" and "liars" when we speak up.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He's a bad person. Yes I'm going to label him and I'm good with labeling him. Same for Bill Cosby. Another bad person. Define it how you want to but that's my label for these men. And House Cat, money and status give these men the power to abuse without consequences for as long as it continued. Revolting. I want the punishment to fit the crime but I'm doubtful that will happen. Getting off with time in a rehab center is not enough. IMO. :knockout::knockout::knockout:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't help but think this isn't an issue of "men with power and money."

This is an issue of men who feel entitled to women's bodies. Poor men, middle class men, teenage boys, they all do it. We are just labeled "harpies" and "liars" when we speak up.

Exactly this - although men in positions of power over women I think have more opportunities to take advantage of women because of them. 20 + years ago, I was groped by a University Professor who used to attempt to invite himself home with me. I was in my early 20s, the guy was in his late 30s married with a small child. He kissed one of my female friends on the lips at a party and once when I was waiting for an appointment to see him about an essay, I knocked on his office door, he yelled out go away come back in 20 mins so I sat outside his office listening, no talking just interesting noises like there were two people going at it, sure enough a young female student walked out of his office hair messed up clothing ajar 15 mins later.

I reported him to the University's legal Department and was told there was very little they could do it was my word against his, so I found 3 other young women willing to come forward to say he had groped, kissed and sexually harassed them too. And you know what one of the oldest and most respected Universities in Australia said to me do you really want to be known as a "trouble maker"? The guy is well liked and overly friendly, and you will have a hard time proving anything. At the time I was afraid I would fail his course if I pursued action against him.

I assume incidents like this are far too common in every industry and everyday life where men are in power, not just Hollywood. Hollywood is just worse because there has been a long history of telling the world there is another beautiful young woman just around the corner so if you aren't willing to shut up and accept exploitation then badluck. It's a sexist, ageist industry run by men.

There is something very wrong with the world when in this day and age a large percentage of your population turns a blind eye to a president that is guilty of many of these things too. It's almost like you have said it's acceptable for a man to be a sexual predator but not for a woman to act like a man (and lets not forget those stupid emails)..... and don't get me started on the white male driven movement of guys that have this innate hatred against women's rights and strong minded articulate women. And people, particularly men that say they are tired of political correctness, because they just don't get it.

Last edited:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He's a bad person. Yes I'm going to label him and I'm good with labeling him. Same for Bill Cosby. Another bad person. Define it how you want to but that's my label for these men. And House Cat, money and status give these men the power to abuse without consequences for as long as it continued. Revolting. I want the punishment to fit the crime but I'm doubtful that will happen. Getting off with time in a rehab center is not enough. IMO. :knockout::knockout::knockout:
I guess that's what I'm saying Missy...

They ALL get away with it because our culture labels US bad for speaking up! Maybe the money and power let them do it so many times, but I'm not convinced. I'm willing to bet that most every woman here has multiple stories of being groped and harassed in the workplace. I am also betting they said nothing because they needed their jobs or didn't want to be accused of lying, etc.

It's our culture that keeps them violating and us silent. I agree that these men are bad people, I also believe that although we are making progress, we still have it all wrong. Look at how people are willing to say these women are lying? Look at how Rose McGowan is being treated?

Look at how I am supposed to feel sorry that this rapist is suicidal? And how i do!

I'm so ranting right now..I'm so sorry. :oops::(2

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It will take a long time to change. As long as women keep quiet about it, it will happen.

I'm with you @House Cat I'm not sympathetic to Weinstein. i would bet money that at least one of his rape victims felt suicidal after the rape.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The women were bought off with large amounts of money or career advancement. The man has far reaching tentacles of power and influence. How do you go up against that? One tried. She wore a wire and recorded an encounter. Apparently there wasn’t enough to charge him with. :angryfire:
Finally he has been exposed (no pun intended). I have zero sympathy for this creature.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who among us hasn't been groped? The last incident for me was about 5 years ago when my SIL's dad groped my butt the first time I met him at the engagement party!!!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who among us hasn't been groped? The last incident for me was about 5 years ago when my SIL's dad groped my butt the first time I met him at the engagement party!!!!

The father of one of my closest friends used to grope me in the darkroom when we were developing pictures. It took me a while to realize that he did this to all of her friends. We (friends) had not spoken of it to each other because we did not want our mutual friend to find out what her father was doing. As far as I know she never found out. I am sure her father passed away years ago. I am now 66 and she is at least a year older.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Exactly this - although men in positions of power over women I think have more opportunities to take advantage of women because of them. 20 + years ago, I was groped by a University Professor who used to attempt to invite himself home with me. I was in my early 20s, the guy was in his late 30s married with a small child. He kissed one of my female friends on the lips at a party and once when I was waiting for an appointment to see him about an essay, I knocked on his office door, he yelled out go away come back in 20 mins so I sat outside his office listening, no talking just interesting noises like there were two people going at it, sure enough a young female student walked out of his office hair messed up clothing ajar 15 mins later.

I reported him to the University's legal Department and was told there was very little they could do it was my word against his, so I found 3 other young women willing to come forward to say he had groped, kissed and sexually harassed them too. And you know what one of the oldest and most respected Universities in Australia said to me do you really want to be known as a "trouble maker"? The guy is well liked and overly friendly, and you will have a hard time proving anything. At the time I was afraid I would fail his course if I pursued action against him.

I assume incidents like this are far too common in every industry and everyday life where men are in power, not just Hollywood. Hollywood is just worse because there has been a long history of telling the world there is another beautiful young woman just around the corner so if you aren't willing to shut up and accept exploitation then badluck. It's a sexist, ageist industry run by men.

There is something very wrong with the world when in this day and age a large percentage of your population turns a blind eye to a president that is guilty of many of these things too. It's almost like you have said it's acceptable for a man to be a sexual predator but not for a woman to act like a man (and lets not forget those stupid emails)..... and don't get me started on the white male driven movement of guys that have this innate hatred against women's rights and strong minded articulate women. And people, particularly men that say they are tired of political correctness, because they just don't get it.

Maybe you don’t remember Bill Clinton’s settlement with Paula Jones in 1998 in her sexual harassment case, agreeing to pay her 850K (the equivalent of 1.25M in today’s dollars.)
This is a sexual harassment issue NOT just one political party having the high road over the other. Remember Anita Hill and her claims against Clarence Thomas? There are plenty on both sides of the aisle None of them are excused.
They should be thrown in jail with Anthony Wiener!

Last edited:

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@autumngems ... it must be the great pain of injustice: such a rarissime case of not getting away ! Even just the same women must have a catalogue of similar fanciers, methinks; now that they started talking, perhaps a few more names ?

@arkieb1 I see that what you recount is the epitome of civilization: getting away with 'no' in the form of phisical recoil. Taxing to presume ...

Last edited:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF and @whitewave I'm sorry that both of you were treated that way.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like TWTR is not into lynching - & it needs to argue its case !

More odd news: WWW

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought and read "Hollywood Babylon". It seems to have always been like it. Probably, worse, because in 40s-50s Hollywood was racketeered by mafia, whose bosses, too, demanded their share of beautiful women. The only actress who at least did not submit to demands to date actors for publicity was Frances Farmer.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results