color
clarity

Allegations against Harvey Weinstein

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I

Roger that.

It's my thought that Cosby has gotten away with his crimes because he's wealthy and a celebrity and a cunning psychopath to boot.

I was thinking of John Doe African-American, or John Doe Latino or Hispanic, no money to speak of, no celebrity status.

Its just a pisser to me that Polanski has been allowed to be free even though he skipped on his plea agreement. Special treatment for decades.

^ I couldn’t agree more azstonie! Money and status = power and corruption. Seems to be color blind imo. O.J. is another example.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In a new development today, Harvey Weinstein was fired effective immediately from Weinstein Co, the company he co-created
I was delighted to hear that. The question now is who else in the organization knew about his abuses because they are just as responsible if they are in the top echelon of partners/supervisors. What they knew or should have known applies according to the law.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was delighted to hear that. The question now is who else in the organization knew about his abuses because they are just as responsible if they are in the top echelon of partners/supervisors. What they knew or should have known applies according to the law.

Yeah I don’t think any of this happened in a vacuum. It’s been rumored in Hollywood for decades. Of course they knew. He got fired because we all found out and they are trying to save themselves.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Public relations crisis. My guess is it is all about to come out..... everything he has done.

I wonder why his wife put up with this. She seems successful in her own right...

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Public relations crisis. My guess is it is all about to come out..... everything he has done.

I wonder why his wife put up with this. She seems successful in her own right...
Her designs often adorned his IT girls so she had a stake in keeping quiet.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even worse is the alleged abuse of the tweens and teens. Apparently this is what led to Amanda Bynes' break down. There have been internet rumors that Jamie Lynn Spears' baby daddy is Dan Schneider. Weird shit...

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Donna Karan's career is about to crash and burn.

It's been reported in the Daily Mail Donna Karan is coming to Harvey Weinstein's defense suggesting the women were "asking for it" because of how they dress. She told a reporter that we have to look at ourselves and question how women are presenting themselves and their sexuality.

WOW

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Donna Karan's career is about to crash and burn.

It's been reported in the Daily Mail Donna Karan is coming to Harvey Weinstein's defense suggesting the women were "asking for it" because of how they dress. She told a reporter that we have to look at ourselves and question how women are presenting themselves and their sexuality.

WOW
Wow is right. Sadly this sounds way too familiar. Flip it around and boy does it sound foreign...
It's been reported in the Daily Mail Hugo Boss is coming to Harvey Weinstein's defense suggesting the men were "asking for it" because of how they dress. He told a reporter that we have to look at ourselves and question how men are presenting themselves and their sexuality.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Weinstein was a big donator to woman’s causes. Which makes him all the more sinister. He is a wolf in sheep’s clothing. Malia Obama interned for him. Obviously the Obamas are powerful enough to keep him from doing anything, but why would you put your daughter in his path? Or in that type of culture? They could not be that unaware.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Weinstein was a big donator to woman’s causes. Which makes him all the more sinister. He is a wolf in sheep’s clothing. Malia Obama interned for him. Obviously the Obamas are powerful enough to keep him from doing anything, but why would you put your daughter in his path? Or in that type of culture? They could not be that unaware.
Don't the first children usually have security following them?

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't the first children usually have security following them?

Yes they do. :cool2: He of course wouldn’t act unseemly towards her, but to send her into that environment with the allegations against him and others in the company, I’m surprised by that.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
!

They could not be that unaware.

I am not so sure ... The Obamas had been relative outsiders [recalling their first campaign] - perhaps always were & still are.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Donna Karan is now apologizing for her comments.

Weinstein's wife announced she is leaving him. He supposedly flew to Europe to go to a sex addiction clinic. This man belongs in prison, not rehab

Last edited:

Hayley87

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Have you seen this? Terry Crews has some dead on legit points in his tweets
https://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2017/10/terry-crews-i-was-sexually-molested-too/

Impressive and commendable of him to come forward although his encounter--while disgusting--was in public and alongside his wife. Most of the women speaking out against Weinstein have said that he lured them to a room with a "honeypot" female exec to make them feel safe, dismissed the female exec, and then forced himself physically on them.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news...harvey-weinsteins-accusers-tell-their-stories

Between these women's stories and Crews' case of assault, it just goes to reinforce that Hollywood is sordid and foul all around.

ETA: the New Yorker article is very difficult to read in that it lays out in detail how Weinstein attacked various women. Just a heads up to those who may be sensitive to such reading.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope the statue of limitations doesn't prevent prosecution for the growing claims of harassment and rape.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread (well, this whole sitation) triggered me something fierce. Its good that it came to light. Its good that people are talking about it.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m with you @Arcadian. There’s so much hypocrisy surrounding decades of abuse. I’ve read that former Times reporter Sharon Waxman claims she had the goods on Weinstein in 2004. The Times dumped the piece after Weinstein who is a major advertiser visited the paper “to make his displeasure known,” according to Waxman. So the media have some culpability too.

I’m also bothered by the Hollywood culture that his victims are caught up in.
Everyone has heard of the “casting couch,” wink wink, as if this is a normal business transaction. How many victims were afraid their careers would suffer if they rejected him? Why is that more important than your humanity? What does that say about us as a society? Being scared silent, no one will believe me. The victims become the accused.
I certainly don’t condemn their silence when they are young and powerless.
So many people knew this was going on and yet looked the other way, or worse they were his “helpers.” Money and success. Power and sexual assault. So much culpability.
Not just in Hollywood. Politicians, churches and it doesn’t follow party lines. Powerful preying on the vulnerable and powerless. It’s pervasive.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aside from the actual sexual abuse, I understand the mindf*ck is also part of it. This is why you see these women posing with him and smiling years later.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results