shape
carat
color
clarity

All hail Gene! Mahenge Spinel and other bits n’ bobs

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bright sunny and HOT spessartite. Mine is also a Loliondo but from Jeff White. Are you issuing a dare with your "I'll show you mine if you show yours" challenge? :lol: ......And I am going to prove you wrong because I accept the challenge.

The first picture shows my disasterous attempts. Yup, folks, this is NOT a yellow sapphire inspite of what it looks like. My camera lied to you and me because I have never ever seen my spessartite look like this in person. If any spessartite looks like this, then it isn't a spessartite because I don't think such a stone exists in nature. The second picture is more representitive of what it looks like in person. It is also after a reset. The two pictures are of the same stone but in different settings. 5 ct of orange goodness.

is_this_a_spess.jpg

looks_like_a_spess.jpg

gar082f.jpg

Rainbird

Rough_Rock
Wow Chrono, three scrummy rings all on one finger. :twirl: Your Mahenge pear spinel has to be one of the nicest rings I have ever seen by the way. :love: Thank you for picking up the gauntlet and posting your spessartite. :appl: A 5ct beauty such as this must be as rare as hens' teeth these days. It looks like a big juicy orange on your finger and I love the cut. It's interesting that you set it into a white metal; only I have a spessartite that I was thinking of setting into the platinum diamond band that my Mahenge is now sitting in and was wondering if the mix of warm and cool tones would work together. I would have automatically gone for yellow gold for my spess before seeing yours, so a double thank you for posting yours. It's truly a beautiful ring Chrono. :lickout:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That spinel is amazing! Love the zircon and the spess, too. What a collection you have! :love: :love: :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rainbird,
Here we are admiring each other's jewellery. :)) Thank you. I debated whether to set the spessartite in a white or yellow metal but eventually went with a white metal because I love the heft of platinum. Most coloured stones need the assistance of a specific metal colour to play up or play down certain hues / modifiers. However, if the saturation is very strong, such effect is almost negated and you can set the stone in whatever colour metal you prefer.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results