shape
carat
color
clarity

Ahem. My Amelia Stone. Unheated Padparadscha from Richard Wise, take two!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Whoa. Your Amelia stone is breathtakingly gorgeous. Congrats on finally finding the perfect one!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
The pad is beautiful in your photos! In fact, I prefer the color of your oval to the "fakey" anyway. Like I said, you were meant to have this one!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I love the new photos! I never get tired of seeing your pad!
36.gif
36.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! I love the color!

I missed your update so I just read it now. What a bummer about the first one. Richard sounds awesome and I''m so glad he found you this new stone!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhhh my... that is insanely gorgeous!
36.gif

And although you didn't ask... that is a stone that can really stand on its own, so the second thing that popped into my mind was... James Meyer!

eta: hmmmm... I wonder what a Squeaky and Maya stone would look like.... I'm thinking octagon.... hmmmmm

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TGal,
I have to be honest and admit I wasn''t crazy over the original pad, the fakey. This one is just lovely though. It looks much better and I like the peachy pink hue; it''s what I think a pad should look like. Richard came through for you on this one.

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
I really like this one. I have the idea that the LMHC (ha! a committee decision on beauty) prefers them to be pinkish orange but my preference is more towards orangy pink, the way this photographs.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 10:44:43 PM
Author: Chrono
TGal,
I have to be honest and admit I wasn''t crazy over the original pad, the fakey. This one is just lovely though. It looks much better and I like the peachy pink hue; it''s what I think a pad should look like. Richard came through for you on this one.
Hehe, I would expect no less than honesty...

Neither of the stones quite photograph the way they look in real life. The fakey was more salmony, albeit a raw salmon. This one is a blend of cooked and raw salmon. Kind of sad to compare pretty stones to fish, but that''s what I think....

This one is definitely more delicate than the other. I also prefer the color of this one. The other one had amazing brilliance though (yes yes, I know it was a fake.)

I should say for lurkers who didn''t see the other one that the rough in the collage that I posted is not the rough of my stone. The flower and the rough were color guides for me...what I was striving for.

Also, none of the pictures have been enhanced in any way.

Ebree, just saw your question...I am not quite sure yet how it will be set...but I''m sure we''ll figure something out. It''s nice to have a larger stone to work with, that is for sure. Maybe Richard can find a lovely BLUE stone for you? Hehehehehe.

Richard said they''ll be a some new additions to his site in the next few weeks...can''t wait to see what he has in the vault (not that I can buy right now!!!)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 8:47:15 PM
Author: Harriet
TGal,
This and Shaunrice''s recent acquisitions are the nicest Pads I''ve ever seen here.
Thanks Harriet...considering how many stones you''ve seen, that''s a nice compliment!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 8:58:30 PM
Author: shaunrice
I hate to double dip, but that really is a remarkable stone!!!
18.gif
Thanks Shaun! I look forward to seeing more of your two stones!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 10:26:36 PM
Author: VRBeauty
Ohhhhh my... that is insanely gorgeous!
36.gif

And although you didn''t ask... that is a stone that can really stand on its own, so the second thing that popped into my mind was... James Meyer!

eta: hmmmm... I wonder what a Squeaky and Maya stone would look like.... I''m thinking octagon.... hmmmmm
Yes VRB, I agree. Which is why, for now, I abandoned the idea of Leon. I still have to update him. He was really so nice, I actually am bummed that I won''t be giving him a shot at a design, but I know he is not hurting for work. With the other, I had no idea how to set it. This stone, I knew. Plus, I got the Beaudry platinum/diamond ring and I just don''t have the money for that and a Leon too. Someday though...I still love his work and while I really liked Beaudry, the prices that I saw in the store made me realize that working with someone like Leon is the best deal in town in terms of craftsmanship. Leon will set anything you want (according to his website) and doesn''t seem to have any snobbery about *what* he will set - and he will put his stamp on the the ring as well, whether he sources the stone or not.

But James Meyer is SO nice. Coati should be making commission. With this economy, he feels quite fortunate that he is getting all this unexpected business and he is SUCH a nice man (over the phone anyway).

secondhandnews

Shiny_Rock
TGal, how absolsutely breathtaking! It has personality as well. Now you have a lovely stone worthy of the name of Amelia. I''m sure she is just as beautiful.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 11:45:54 PM
Author: secondhandnews
TGal, how absolsutely breathtaking! It has personality as well. Now you have a lovely stone worthy of the name of Amelia. I''m sure she is just as beautiful.
Thanks secondhandnews. Well, beauty is always in the eye of the beholder, but yeah, she''s OK - not going to make anyone vomit, I''m pretty sure.
25.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 11:48:13 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Date: 3/2/2009 11:45:54 PM

Author: secondhandnews

Thanks secondhandnews. Well, beauty is always in the eye of the beholder, but yeah, she''s OK - not going to make anyone vomit, I''m pretty sure.
25.gif

ha ha ha ha ha. I love your way with words T-Gal.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Your new stone is stunning, can''t wait to see what you come up with :D

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Wow... what a stone!!!!

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
TGal, Your new pad looks much nicer than the synthetic one, and bigger too. The color is a nice blend of pink and orange. I think Richard did very well for you. I didn''t mention this before, but I thought the synthetic one looked too bright in the photos that you posted before. Perhaps that''s a clue. This one is perfect.

AN

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful Tgal! I just love this entire project!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 12:25:27 AM
Author: Art Nouveau
TGal, Your new pad looks much nicer than the synthetic one, and bigger too. The color is a nice blend of pink and orange. I think Richard did very well for you. I didn't mention this before, but I thought the synthetic one looked too bright in the photos that you posted before. Perhaps that's a clue. This one is perfect.

AN
Thanks AN! You know, it's the crazy thing about buying a stone like this...how many does an average person see? I can't exactly walk down to Zales, Ben Bridge, or even Cartier to find something in the league of what I am looking for. We only have pictures to go on, and they just aren't telling for the most part.

Which is why (I am starting to sound like a broken record) for the mere mortal with plenty of pricescope experience and no real experience, it pays to have someone who is experienced, trustworthy and knows what he is doing. I told a friend tonight I'm done with pads. Never going to touch another one again. It's too hard. I've now seen three of them and it's only luck (and Richard's integrity) that brought this one to me.

The old one photographed bolder than what it was in real life. It was still rather delicate, believe it or not, IRL. Just not like this one...this one is a very delicate color indeed. It does truly remind me of the lotus flower in terms of how the color is positioned on the stone.

ETA, the handshot I posted in this thread of the old one is the closest to the way it looked in real life.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that''s the exact color I have looked at and dreamed about if I ever got a Pad Tgal. It''s stunning, and huge.
9.gif

I can''t wait to see it set. Congrats!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JUST gorgeous Tgal!!!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!! I usually am not a big oval fan, but yours is lovely :)

paeony

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow! I can''t stop staring at the colors of this stone-- SO beautiful!!!!!!!
And a dead ringer for the lotus flower-- just perfect!

I love when things turn out better than expected!
1.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woohoo! 3rd(?) time lucky! I love your new oval and it looks a great size on your hand.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
It's lovely TGal! Still the same setting? N/S or E/W? Either way, that's going to be one very special ring.

Your side-by-side-by-side says it all, the oval has a *glow* and the mix of colors that the others lack. Richard did well by you.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellen, yes it is the right color I want. I really wanted something peachy delicate but still decent saturation. I got it in this one.

stepcutnut, I am not an oval fan either, but this stone works for the setting I am thinking of...

Lovingdiamonds, if the 3rd time is not the charm, there will not be a 4th. This is it!

Mercoledi, no, not the same setting anymore. I don''t like the concept with this stone. It will be set N/S for sure as my post baby fingers need all the slimming they can get! And Amelia looks to have my hands, so I figure she will be able to use it as well.

Thanks again everyone for your nice comments!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy moly, TGal! I''m in love! What a gorgeous Pad!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a gorgeous color and stone!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Stunning! Absolutely stunning! Worth all the bother to get there for sure!
36.gif

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
L.O.V.E. IT

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

and can''t wait to see it set.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results