shape
carat
color
clarity

AC Stones is UP!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
So I just realized that Berry lives in my BF''s hometown (where is parents still live). I wonder if he allows people to come look at his stuff in person??????

Deedaa

Rough_Rock
That teal tourmaline is exactly what I want, I love the colour, and shape, everything about it is perfect. I hope it went to a good home *cry*.

To cheer myself up I bought the 2ct pink tourmaline.

T-1580g.jpg

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/5/2008 7:36:19 PM
Author: Deedaa
That teal tourmaline is exactly what I want, I love the colour, and shape, everything about it is perfect. I hope it went to a good home *cry*.

It was you! I wanted that beauty badly and was patiently waiting for my other half to get home!
15.gif

Congrats on a beautiful stone anyways.

I am really intrigued by this stone. I have no knowledge of precious topaz but the stone is amazing. To bad it is out of my price range...

to-1000g_1062_thumb.jpg

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
I love ACS, however I do wonder why they leave up photos of stones that were sold in with the ones for sale. If it were in a "sold" section that would be less disappointing than seeing the stone of your dreams and then clicking on it to see "sold".

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/5/2008 1:58:33 PM
Author: Kelli
Woo-hooo! I''ve been waiting for that!!
Me too!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/5/2008 1:00:47 PM
Author:Fly Girl
Artistic Colored Stones is finally back up! Let the races begin! I love, love, love this garnet!!! Garnet
HI:

Dreamy! I''d buy the darn thing if the Can $ did suck so much!

cheers--Sharon

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2008 8:59:02 PM
Author: sonomacounty
I love ACS, however I do wonder why they leave up photos of stones that were sold in with the ones for sale. If it were in a ''sold'' section that would be less disappointing than seeing the stone of your dreams and then clicking on it to see ''sold''.

I have always wondered that too, I hope they that policy soon. It is very frustrating.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

Congrats, Deedaa! Glad you were able to nab the pink, even if you didn''t get the teal.
2.gif

Any plans for setting it?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The pink tourmaline is gorgeous.

Deedaa

Rough_Rock
I''m so sorry akmiss, I feel guilty now! Perhaps we can share it?

I think I will go with a LOGR setting, the round halo one, that Lauren used for her OEC. I don''t want to spend a lot at the moment, but if anyone else has ideas let me know :)

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
What fantastic stones!!! Congrats everyone!

I am so excited to see his work in person , I bought the new purple spinel- hoping it fits into a setting I bought a few months ago :)

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/5/2008 1:00:47 PM
Author:Fly Girl
Artistic Colored Stones is finally back up! Let the races begin! I love, love, love this garnet!!! Garnet

I love that one - it''s so pretty!

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
I hope someone here got it - I want to see pics! It looks like such a pretty colour...the one you did get looks prety sweet too!

ETA: was responding to babyblue about the teal tourmaline and hers ...not sure what happened to the quote..

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/5/2008 5:22:08 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Yup! I''m a sucker for blue topaz (I don''t care that it''s radioactive!) and supernova ovals. That stone makes me happy.

1 down, three to go!

That one is so pretty! I have a soft spot for blue topaz (and also don''t care that it''s radioactive - lol)- my original engagement ring is topaz (not the best cut though) --- I hope your FF buys it for you!

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock

Pretty! Can''t wait to see when you get it!

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
I like this Mozambique tourmaline.....

ok....i''ll stop adding to this thread now
3.gif

T-1949tn.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2008 1:23:00 AM
Author: stepcutnut
What fantastic stones!!! Congrats everyone!

I am so excited to see his work in person , I bought the new purple spinel- hoping it fits into a setting I bought a few months ago :)
Beautiful!! Great choice stepcutnut! Looking forward to seeing more pictures of that lovely!
36.gif

I hope you don''t mind me adding the vendor''s photo to the thread so all can see.

SP1667g.jpg

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
FG thanks I''m super excited!!! Thanks for adding the vendor pic, I tried to post it from my phone-but it didn''t work!

I''m thinking of a baguette halo setting I have,but only know a halo of somesort for sure. Since it''s just shy of 7mm,it will need one!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/6/2008 12:25:32 AM
I''m so sorry akmiss, I feel guilty now! Perhaps we can share it?

I think I will go with a LOGR setting, the round halo one, that Lauren used for her OEC. I don''t want to spend a lot at the moment, but if anyone else has ideas let me know :)
Ah, thanks
4.gif

I will be more than happy to see some great pictures. A halo will be perfect and I can''t wait to hear the progress
36.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
o.k. I held out for two days, and no one else grabbed it, so I finally succumbed and purchased the garnet today.
1.gif
My excuse was that my umbalite garnet began rattling about in its setting today, so it is back at the jeweler''s for a tightening. I figured this was the signal from the divine that I had been waiting for to pull the trigger on Barry''s garnet.
9.gif

I figure Barry really, really likes this stone. Here is what he wrote to me:

"I think you will love that garnet. I''ll have to send you some of the pictures I took of it that I didn''t get up on the site. I did a full study on it as part of my colored stones identification class and will pass the information on to you. I''ll also send along a display ring you can put the stone in and do what I did when I cut it--run around looking at it in different kinds of light.

"This was taken on my patio in the shade."

GA-1887NedG.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
FG: That is one beautiful garnet. LOVE the color of it. How will you set it???

Linda

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
More from Barry Bridgestock:

"This picture was taken using a mix of natural and incandescent indoor lighting. I just had
to try it! I didn't want to use it on the site because I was afraid people would think I was
'photoshopping' my pictures. Actually, I'm too lazy to learn to 'photoshop' pictures and I
think they look fakey anyway. If I ever make a gem calendar, this will be one of the pictures used, for sure."

Look at all those shades of pink and purple! Amazing!
3.gif

BTW, I got permission from Barry to post his pictures. He says he loves seeing his stones on Pricescope.
9.gif

GA1887g.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2008 8:58:13 PM
Author: Linda W
FG: That is one beautiful garnet. LOVE the color of it. How will you set it???

Linda
Linda - My current thought is to ask local designer T Lee to design a ring for me for my birthday early next year. But, I''m open to suggestions.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl, it''s absolutely gorgeous! I love it!!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

So, the sapphire is SOLD . . .

11.gif

I''ll let you guys know if the person who purchased it decides to keep it!

3.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2008 9:11:53 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

11.gif

I'll let you guys know if the person who purchased it decides to keep it!

3.gif

I think the person who purchased the sapphire should post pictures here to let us help her make that decision!
2.gif

And, Lauren, thanks for the kudus on the garnet!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2008 9:16:59 PM
Author: Fly Girl

Date: 11/7/2008 9:11:53 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

11.gif

I''ll let you guys know if the person who purchased it decides to keep it!

3.gif

I think the person who purchased the sapphire should post pictures here to let us help her make that decision!
2.gif

And, Lauren, thanks for the kudus on the garnet!
Ask, and you shall receive!

Unfortunately, I''m not the lucky winner - it''s a friend of mine who I am helping build a gorgeous 3-stone engagement ring.

S-1989n.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Flygirl that color is amazing!

Lauren, I love the color of that sapphire, it is perfection; your friend is a lucky girl!!!

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful stone Fly Girl! Can''t wait to see what you do with it!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif

That''s a gorgeous sapphire Lauren - it will be a stunning engagement ring I''m sure!
36.gif
36.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, so who bought the green square cushion tourmaline?!?!? I LOVE it and can''t wait to see more pics of it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results