shape
carat
color
clarity

A walk in the lush green....a Spring celebration!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @rainydaze! I love the general happiness of this ring - I smile every time I look down at her. :))

Thank you, @momofive! :wavey:

Thanks, @dk168! Sharing new pieces on PS is almost as good as getting the piece itself! Well, aaaaallllmoooost.... :mrgreen:

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I want to see her with the dogs. She is gorgeous and well-deserved. Feel good!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I ADORE the color on your new peridot! And the design with those big juicy diamonds is perfect. It really is a burst of spring, new growth and hope for the future. Absolutely love this! Wear in good health and much happiness!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Kim N - I do love a good cluster! :bigsmile: I think this one has more heart than most of my previous clusters - that color is just toooo delicious!

Thank you, @Calliecake! I'm really happy with how she turned out. ::)

Hi @caf - I think there's a photo with my English setter in the background (I think - tho maybe I didn't post that one?). I'll see what I can do in coming days!

Thank you so much, @RunningwithScissors. <3 You don't see a lot of green of this type - especially not given the full diamond treatment. I umm'd and ahh'd spending so much on a setting for a stone which is only semi precious. But in the end I thought - who gets to decide what's 'semi' precious and what isn't? In this case, surely it's ME - surely? And I love that green! So it got 2 ctw of high quality diamonds and a bunch of platinum to play with, and she is plenty precious to me! :mrgreen:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much, @RunningwithScissors. <3 You don't see a lot of green of this type - especially not given the full diamond treatment. I umm'd and ahh'd spending so much on a setting for a stone which is only semi precious. But in the end I thought - who gets to decide what's 'semi' precious and what isn't? In this case, surely it's ME - surely? And I love that green! So it got 2 ctw of high quality diamonds and a bunch of platinum to play with, and she is plenty precious to me! :mrgreen:

I know what you mean and agree completely. I feel that way about wearing high-quality amethyst. I love the stone and its color on my complexion, and would have no problems combing it with large diamonds because its precious to me.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A very random observation: I actually didn’t know that your favourite colour is green.

Back in NZ we’d do a yearly class trip to one of the estuaries an hour or so north of school. Well - we did a ton of class trips - but the estuary was the one no one ever wanted to miss. It was so much fun!! Wading knee deep into mud, “fishing” by ourselves in the water (we were all young enough that none of us were allowed to fish alone yet), “saving” all sorts of critters in the wet, tying reeds into rope for group tug of war. I don’t remember a single thing about the conservation and rehabilitation sessions we always got when we arrived, but I remember piling back into the school bus at the end of the day absolutely filthy and newly-besties with everyone in the class.

My parents sent me to live in India with extended family for six months. Long story about why (a sorely misguided attempt to fix some small health issues I’d been having) - suffice to say that I was miserable every moment of every day I was there. And my mum finally came and got me and brought me home, and I got to go to *my* school the next day, and I cried so much in relief… And when I got to school my class was gone. Estuary day. We always left campus earlier than usual on estuary day and I’d missed it.

We moved away pretty soon after so I actually never got another estuary day. But even three decades later I remember how thoroughly and perfectly happy I’d been. Just… This total unfettered responsibility-free happiness that I don’t know if an adult can ever experience, because #adulting can’t ever be responsibility-free!

So that was a really long story. I promise it’s relevant to your ring. Would you believe that those estuary trips were legitimately the first thing I thought of when I saw this stone? This photo. This is EXACTLY the colour I associate with happiness at the estuary. With those bright green glints against that darker green with that touch of olive. Sun peeking through the clouds just enough to warm you up… Not like Australia, Australia doesn’t have those pesky cloud-blocking-sun problems :bigsmile:
A0B2F66A-BFB8-4208-8775-064F37A987DF.jpeg

Sometimes simplest is bestest. When it comes to mounts - keeping the mount simple lets you appreciate the various moods of the stone without distraction. And the white halo buffers those moods from whatever’s happening around the stone. I like that. Some stones - I want them to interact with their environs edge to edge. Some I want to protect. I would want to protect this stone too. :love:

So green is not my favourite colour. Well let me rephrase that -I actually really like green, but it has to be the right green for me to not look jaundiced wearing it. Greens are difficult for me to wear. But now I’m wondering why on earth I don’t have any estuary day pieces, if just looking at a photo of someone else’s piece can take me back to that happy place so strongly and quickly…

Suffice to say that This Is Not Your Average Peridot. Congratulations on a beautiful addition to your sparkly family ::)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@RunningwithScissors - I was really pleased by your comment about amethysts! I think, color-wise, there's nothing that beats the rich purple of really top shelf amethyst. And you see it so often in cheaper settings. Why? Its color is GLORIOUS, and combining it with good quality diamonds really makes in pop in the way few other colored gems do. And yes, I can imagine - on your coloring - spectacular! Anything so beautiful straight from the earth should be treated with all the respect it deserves when set.

@yssie - I was "all the way in" with your story when I got to the part where you'd missed your last estuary day! I was genuinely disappointed for young Yssie and that missed experience. :(2 But I agree - you definitely need your own estuary-memory pieces! I'm sure you'd do a beautiful design for something that reminds you so much of your one-time home and your happiest days.

My designs are meticulously made...but largely uninspiring compared to yours. Clean and modern works best for me - curves not angles, lots of high polish - I think mostly because it hits my eye/brain in a particular way - calm, clean, workhorses - and I think that's largely a reflection of how I see myself. Yours, on the other hand, are inspired, elegant, lush - and they speak to a totally, yet far more creative, aesthetic. Anyway, I'm probably rambling on here as it's a different way of seeing jewelry and one I've only just recently been considering, but I'd LOVE to see what you could do with beautiful peridot!

The coloring of this stone is misleading. The photos show up considerably more yellow than the stone actually is, as it's closer to the first photo in real life - much more apple than olive, if one was to stick with fruit comparisons! But the lens seems to pick up an olive overtone I never once saw before it was set. I think with this stone, the more light the better - which is again, in life, my preference: light rather than dark, spring rather than fall, sunrise rather than sunset, sunshine rather than rain. I think, unconsciously, I've built that into my jewelry - but that calm, clean, workhorse aesthetic is in every aspect of design and decoration I ever do.

Except Christmas. When it comes to Christmas, my house transforms into Gaudy Central - which I love. So clearly, there's something lurking down there somewhere!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
ps
its autumn
and its useasonally really cold today
had the bi-annual fight with the heat pump remote to change its mod from aircon back into heat this morning

10 months latter we are sweltering in the heat !
all you good peeps up there stay warm and dry and safe

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
10 months latter we are sweltering in the heat !
all you good peeps up there stay warm and dry and safe

I (and all our feral cats) would gladly switch locations with you Nikki

Though it is beautiful..it is cruelly cold and I am concerned for the welfare of the feral cats who live outside

Screen Shot 2024-01-21 at 6.53.37 AM.png

mjea

Shiny_Rock
I missed this thread somehow- @mrs-b exquisite per your usual! This color is Atonement green dress enchanting.

I’m sad to hear you’re dismantling your cluster earrings and ring! What will become of those lovely stones?

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock

Though it is beautiful..it is cruelly cold and I am concerned for the welfare of the feral cats who live outside

I'm feeding two wild cats that probably live in the outbuildings. Hoping that having food and open water a couple times a day will sustain them. Oddly, they fight with each other but never with the possums.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I missed this thread somehow- @mrs-b exquisite per your usual! This color is Atonement green dress enchanting.

I’m sad to hear you’re dismantling your cluster earrings and ring! What will become of those lovely stones?

Hi @mjea :wavey:

I haven't really been wearing my cluster since I got my peridot cluster, so it makes sense to dismantle it. To be honest, I prefer my peridot cluster. The older I get, the more I love color - and I started from a point of already loving color!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just for fun, here is the jolly rancher candy...green apple flavor
Screenshot 2024-01-21 113537.png

LOVE! And yes - thats the color it shows in strong daylight!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

:(2
i wish i could send you some warmer temps
good luck Kitties
huddle up warm together

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results