shape
carat
color
clarity

A Trilogy of Victor Canera eternity bands… Hand-Engraved, French Cut, and U-Cut Pavé!

mayday

Shiny_Rock
I love all 3! What wonderful versatility you have with that beautiful solitaire!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely love your stacking rings!!! :love::love::love: Frenchies are really so gorgeous and romantic to me! I wish I had more finger real estate to be able to stack, too!!!
Aww, thank you ac117! I am a newbie to Frenchies but I love them. Your set is gorgeous as well!! :love:

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
These are just gorgeous! I love all three, but I have a special fondness for the french cut and engraved bands! Would you mind telling us the width of all three bands?

I keep wanting to reset my solitaire, but the plain solitaire allows so much more flexibility with bands!!!

ac117, I can't stack, either! I really can only wear one band at a time with my e-ring!
Thank you so much, DS!! I really love the french cut and engraved bands as well. The french cut is the widest, just over 2mm and the engraved band is right at 2mm. The U-cut pavé band is the thinnest and difficult for me to measure as it is so dainty, but it looks like around 1.5mm.

I understand your dilemma completely as I obsessed about my reset for quite a few years. I absolutely adore your 6-prong setting, too! :love: I have discovered that I truly love the versatility and classic nature of a solitaire! You always give amazing advice and you have impeccable taste, so if you decide to reset at some point, I can't wait to find out what you choose! :twirl:

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love all 3! What wonderful versatility you have with that beautiful solitaire!
Thank you, mayday! I felt rather silly ordering so many bands (Victor probably thinks I'm crazy! :lol:) but being able to mix and match them helps to quell my craving for variety and each of them accentuates the e-ring in different ways which is really fun. Thank you so much for your kind words!

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
Gosh, I can't choose a favorite-- all of them are divine! A second u-pave band would be wonderful. Do you know how high each ring sits off your finger?

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love all your bands! They are all gorgoeus. I would love a u-cut band and have wanted one for a very long time but I always end up buying something else and put it on the back burner. Are the diamonds full cut? Sorry if you mentioned it already. I'll go back and reread too:)

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gosh, I can't choose a favorite-- all of them are divine! A second u-pave band would be wonderful. Do you know how high each ring sits off your finger?
Thank you so much Skhii! I love each one, but I must admit that I am positively biased toward anything Victor makes at this point! :love: I believe that the bands are each about 2mm in height (the french cut band uses high domes so the stones themselves sit slightly higher). The bands sit fairly low and I love that because I can actually wear the u-cut band next to my solitaire without creating contact with the prongs. I truly adore the style of the u-cut band because it is every bit as versatile as it is beautiful!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:naughty:
I love all your bands! They are all gorgoeus. I would love a u-cut band and have wanted one for a very long time but I always end up buying something else and put it on the back burner. Are the diamonds full cut? Sorry if you mentioned it already. I'll go back and reread too:)
Thank you so much hathalove! According to the appraisal the diamonds are single cuts. They are beautiful and sparkle like crazy! I completely understand what you mean about putting projects like this o the back burner... this project has been a long time coming for me, but it was well worth the wait! I highly recommend any of Victor's bands; they are absolute perfection!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And here is one of my “go to” favorites: Victor’s U-cut pavé band with his hand-engraved scroll motif band. This is probably the combination I wear most often right now. I love the intricate design of the engraved band and the contrast that it offers, and I even like the engraved and U-cut pavé bands together without the e-ring. Thinking about getting a second U-cut pavé band to wear with the engraved band on days that I don’t wear the e-ring. :love:

IMG_5988.JPG

IMG_5991.JPG

IMG_5995.JPG

IMG_6088.JPG
My favorite!! I took your advice, and contacted Victor for a price quote! So reasonable!! That motif is on my list!! I absolutely LOVE it!!!
CRM

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG those double claw prongs and the alternating French cuts, exquisite! All of the bands are beautiful.

kylier

Shiny_Rock
You are killing me! These bands are sooo gorgeous!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I meant to ask what size is your finger for perspective?

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My favorite!! I took your advice, and contacted Victor for a price quote! So reasonable!! That motif is on my list!! I absolutely LOVE it!!!
CRM
That's wonderful; I am excited for you! Victor is truly a joy to work with, too. Keep us posted!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG those double claw prongs and the alternating French cuts, exquisite! All of the bands are beautiful.
You are killing me! These bands are sooo gorgeous!
Thank you so much, GearGirly and kylier! I have been itching for some stacking bands for quite a few years so this was an exciting development for me and I am glad I finally took the plunge! And yes, I agree about Victor's prongs... I think his prongs are perfection across the board, and (for me at least) those little details can really make a big difference! :love:

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I meant to ask what size is your finger for perspective?
No worries! I am a size 5, but I asked to have the eternities in size 5.25 for stacking purposes. I hope that helps!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's wonderful; I am excited for you! Victor is truly a joy to work with, too. Keep us posted!
Carbonfan, I most certainly will!!! It's so delicate & beautiful! I just love it...and the price is amazing! :mrgreen:

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
No worries! I am a size 5, but I asked to have the eternities in size 5.25 for stacking purposes. I hope that helps!

Thank you for the info! I was talking to VCs assistant and he said that the ucut bands are typically made at 1.9mm. I saw you mentioned you thought yours was at 1.5mm was that you just taking a guess or did you ask for yours to be a bit smaller than usual? Just curious. I did get my order in though! Yay! I know you said yours was single cuts and M2B has single cuts too her bands are also gorgeous but I went with full cuts as I needed to keep the $$$ down. I mean techchnically I'm not even suppose to be purchasing anything right now. Sigh! The heart wants what the heart wants. :shifty:

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the info! I was talking to VCs assistant and he said that the ucut bands are typically made at 1.9mm. I saw you mentioned you thought yours was at 1.5mm was that you just taking a guess or did you ask for yours to be a bit smaller than usual? Just curious. I did get my order in though! Yay! I know you said yours was single cuts and M2B has single cuts too her bands are also gorgeous but I went with full cuts as I needed to keep the $$$ down. I mean techchnically I'm not even suppose to be purchasing anything right now. Sigh! The heart wants what the heart wants. :shifty:
That is wonderful, hathalove! And no, I did not make any special requests with regard to the u-cut band, so I am sure that the width is exactly what Nicholas quoted, 1.9mm. Sorry for any confusion; I am not too adept at measuring in millimeters!

And yes, I completely understand what you mean... it is difficult to rationalize our wants at times, and I find that often when I try to talk myself out of something my heart has a mind of its own! :lol: Regardless, I am excited about your u-cut band. VC does incredible work. I actually just found out that my band is full cuts, not single cuts, and it is truly gorgeous so I know you will love it!! :love:

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I forgot to ask what he quoted time wise and what the actual turnaround time was compared to the quote?

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I forgot to ask what he quoted time wise and what the actual turnaround time was compared to the quote?
Great question, hathalove! I don't believe I requested a timetable, but Victor completed each project very quickly, in just a few weeks I believe. Hope this helps!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So I am finding that some habits are not only hard to break; they practically warrant repeating! Almost as soon as I laid eyes on Victor's u-cut eternity band I knew I wanted to add another one to my set... so I took the plunge and ordered an alternating sapphire and round eternity band. Victor very graciously offered to source the sapphires for me and we went with single cuts for this band... and I absolutely LOVE it!! :love::love::love: I requested dark blue sapphires and to my eyes these are truly dreamy! :loopy:

I am having so much fun mixing and matching my VC bands, and this sapphire/round band provides the perfect pop of color! As always Victor was a true delight to work with and I am continually in awe of his impeccable craftsmanship and meticulous attention to detail. As you will see, when the two u-cut bands are side by side the melee aligns perfectly!! I cannot put into words how much I adore Victor's bands!

I am actually thinking of ordering one more diamond band and am currently trying to decide whether to go with single cuts or full cuts for that one (my other u-cut band is full cuts but I obviously don't mind mixing and matching!). This sapphire band is my first exposure to single cuts so I am just trying to decide whether to go "all in" with single cuts the next time around. If anyone has any thoughts/opinions, feel free to chime in and enable me! :lol:

Here are a few photos of the sapphire/round band with Victor's amazing engraved band:

IMG_6750.JPG IMG_6751.JPG IMG_6781.JPG IMG_6782.JPG

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
And here are a few photos of Victor's sapphire/round band (single cuts) with his u-cut eternity band (full cuts). The exquisite quality and uncompromising precision of the melee truly blows me away! :love:

IMG_6786.JPG IMG_6792.JPG IMG_6798.JPG

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry for the photo overload, but it occurred to me that I neglected to post single band looks for the engraved band and the sapphire/round band. Both of these bands are so incredibly gorgeous on their own, and I adore both of these looks as well! :love: Hope you enjoy!!

IMG_6815.JPG IMG_6805.JPG

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They all look amazing with your solitaire. But my eyes go straight for the french cut when you have that on. It is so fabulous!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They all look amazing with your solitaire. But my eyes go straight for the french cut when you have that on. It is so fabulous!
...and my eyes go straight for the engraved votif...lol!! All look splendid, together!!! :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the sapphire and diamond band. It's a great choice. I would do the same if I were to get a colored band. So perfect for stacking and LOVE how the stones line up with your full cut band. Totally meets my OCD needs.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results