shape
carat
color
clarity

A Thread A Decade in the Making -- moved??

danny0927

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

OK, so maybe a bit disorganized, but FD got one of the two options recommended here in and took the videos below. I've followed up asking to please sent the ASET they indicated they would send and will post when I can. To keep the options more organized, I'll post the competing WF options below, all of which I think have the imaging you all like to see.

I've already forgotten how much this one costs or maybe they haven't even told me. I was looking at like 2.5-3c but now want it no more than like 2.5 or 2.6, I saw a ring live with a stone that big and I thought it looked gigantic.

Below are the "specs" of the 2.2c stone in the video. I don't have the 2.6c stone videos or images yet but would prefer the 2.2 all things being equal, not due to price but size.

I would be grateful for any opinions either on this stone or when I post the others opinions on which is the best option. Thanks again for all your help.

1688249000282.png

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Yep, she’s gonna cry tears of joy! I love it

danny0927

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

Below are the WF diamonds their sales professional recommended after we talked. They do have the stone recommended earlier in this thread and that stone, with the setting, would be $8500 + tax. I am pretty well into believing the 2.6 is pretty big, so I likely will choose a smaller one if they meet your approval. Again, I'd be so grateful for opinions on which one to choose:

It was great speaking with you today! Here are a few diamonds that I would recommend for your ring.
1.80 ct D VS1 Round Cut Precision Lab Grown Diamond
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/1.8-carat-d-color-vs1-clarity-round-ideal-cut-lab-sku-p231632
2.01 ct E VVS2 Round Cut Precision Lab Grown Diamond
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/2.01-carat-e-color-vvs2-clarity-round-ideal-cut-lab-sku-p246704

2.21 ct E VVS1 Round Cut Precision Lab Grown Diamond
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/2.21-carat-e-color-vvs1-clarity-round-ideal-cut-lab-sku-p236617
2.31 ct E VVS2 Round Cut Precision Lab Grown Diamond
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/2.31-carat-e-color-vvs2-clarity-round-ideal-cut-lab-sku-p223042

The 2.6c stone
I hope you had a great weekend. The diamond you liked best is $7250-
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/2.64-carat-e-color-vs1-clarity-round-ideal-cut-lab-sku-p223285

Incidentally, the person at WF is named Michelle and has been professional throughout. The person at FD helping me usually is "Kegan" and he or she has been really easy to get on with and professional as well.

Again, thanks for your help, I'm really excited to have this over with lol.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

OK, so maybe a bit disorganized, but FD got one of the two options recommended here in and took the videos below. I've followed up asking to please sent the ASET they indicated they would send and will post when I can. To keep the options more organized, I'll post the competing WF options below, all of which I think have the imaging you all like to see.

I've already forgotten how much this one costs or maybe they haven't even told me. I was looking at like 2.5-3c but now want it no more than like 2.5 or 2.6, I saw a ring live with a stone that big and I thought it looked gigantic.

Below are the "specs" of the 2.2c stone in the video. I don't have the 2.6c stone videos or images yet but would prefer the 2.2 all things being equal, not due to price but size.

I would be grateful for any opinions either on this stone or when I post the others opinions on which is the best option. Thanks again for all your help.

1688249000282.png

If these videos are for the 2.2 carat at Frank Darling, then I think your search it over!
This is an absolute beautiful diamond with optical performance off the charts.

danny0927

Rough_Rock
Really? Do I need that ASET image or whatever it's called?

STRM? Karl, thoughts? We've been at this for 15 years my man, is this the one? I guess at some point I should get the price lol.

breanne

Brilliant_Rock

STRM? Karl, thoughts? We've been at this for 15 years my man, is this the one? I guess at some point I should get the price lol.

@Karl_K

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
I still LOVE that 2.64! I have worked with Whiteflash, (Michelle is wonderful!), and would not hesitate on that stone. For such a special ring, go with the best!! (And then, please, please post lots of pictures) =)2

danny0927

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Mama, I think I prefer smaller. At least in the ponds I swim, 2.2c is plenty respectable and I fear my wife will not like something huge, or huge-ish. I would actually be embarrassed if at a client dinner or something and people were thinking my wife's ring was huge, we just aren't that way. But if the consensus is that's the best one I'd probably go with it. However, it seems from Deja that the 2.2c is good, he/she says "off the charts," that's pretty strong. I'd be happy with that one, though I don't know the price yet (which was an oversight by me).

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

The 2.2 FD looks great in the videos and the numbers work.
The 2.2 WF is also great in the same range and with the IS/ASET images has a higher confidence level.
It comes down to total package of info, vendor and settings combined with price.
I think you and more importantly your wife would love either one!!!!!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
The 2.2 FD looks great in the videos and the numbers work.
The 2.2 WF is also great in the same range and with the IS/ASET images has a higher confidence level.
It comes down to total package of info, vendor and settings combined with price.
I think you and more importantly your wife would love either one!!!!!

I think either one will drop some jaws because they will have equal wow factor.
Which one are you leaning towards?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think either one will drop some jaws because they will have equal wow factor.
Which one are you leaning towards?

I don't know the price on one of them and total package price is a large consideration.
They are close enough that the total package would be the deciding factor.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I don't know the price on one of them and total package price is a large consideration.
They are close enough that the total package would be the deciding factor.

I agree 100%, Karl_K.
The diamonds will likely exhibit identical, indiscernible optics so it would come down to setting quality, customer service, warranty, customer perks/programs, etc.
In my eyes, both sellers have a fairly high reputation for customer satisfaction, so it will be a decision that danny0927 will need to make after comparing everything as he interprets in his own mind as to which is the better value not only as the finished ring, but as a buying customer that is now part of brand F of W family member.

danny0927

Rough_Rock
Hi Guys,

FD wrote me today with the ASET and pricing. The ASET is here:

Would you mind letting me know if that ASET changes your opinions drastically to the worse?

The price for the stone is $4886. It is cheaper at another site but they don't match because I asked for the video, etc. I'm fine with it, having your input is worth the difference easily to me.

One thing they mentioned was the width (or whatever it's called) of the setting, which is 1.5mm. I told them I wanted something petite if that makes sense and they said:

"You wanted to do the Harper pave right? It is definitely on thin side, our standard is 1.5mm which is super delicate and the thinnest we go. We can also bump up to 1.8mm at no additional charge and this will also read as thin but be a bit more durable if she's rough with her hands."

My question, am I ok with the 1.5mm or should I do the 1.8mm. My wife is a careful person, she annoying is that person whose phone still looks brand new when 4 years old, whereas mine looks terrible 6 months in.

The stone is cheaper (I think) than the WF one, but it's also smaller. There were several options WF sent me, graciously helping, that I posted just above, but I haven't gone through them because I know I'm unqualified to judge one to another.

Since FD doesn't have to make the setting special, that is cheaper too I think, though not by a ton. While both offer some discount for paying via wire, I'm going to pay by credit card, because I know Am Ex will be there if some scam happens or something out of the blue. I don't know if either insures the shipping with the price, but I'll find out, it seems weird to get something like this in the mail, but I'm not the first guy, there must be a good way to do it.

EXTREMELY GRATEFUL FOR YOUR HELP.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hi Guys,

FD wrote me today with the ASET and pricing. The ASET is here:

Would you mind letting me know if that ASET changes your opinions drastically to the worse?

The price for the stone is $4886. It is cheaper at another site but they don't match because I asked for the video, etc. I'm fine with it, having your input is worth the difference easily to me.

One thing they mentioned was the width (or whatever it's called) of the setting, which is 1.5mm. I told them I wanted something petite if that makes sense and they said:

"You wanted to do the Harper pave right? It is definitely on thin side, our standard is 1.5mm which is super delicate and the thinnest we go. We can also bump up to 1.8mm at no additional charge and this will also read as thin but be a bit more durable if she's rough with her hands."

My question, am I ok with the 1.5mm or should I do the 1.8mm. My wife is a careful person, she annoying is that person whose phone still looks brand new when 4 years old, whereas mine looks terrible 6 months in.

The stone is cheaper (I think) than the WF one, but it's also smaller. There were several options WF sent me, graciously helping, that I posted just above, but I haven't gone through them because I know I'm unqualified to judge one to another.

Since FD doesn't have to make the setting special, that is cheaper too I think, though not by a ton. While both offer some discount for paying via wire, I'm going to pay by credit card, because I know Am Ex will be there if some scam happens or something out of the blue. I don't know if either insures the shipping with the price, but I'll find out, it seems weird to get something like this in the mail, but I'm not the first guy, there must be a good way to do it.

EXTREMELY GRATEFUL FOR YOUR HELP.

Backlighting is a bit off, but it's a perfect result to my eyes!
I would opt for the 1.8mm width...that's still pretty thin and petite since most pave settings usually measure out at 2-2.4mm

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
ASET is a bad photo of a good diamond.
The diamonds fine.
1.8 or more 2mm, would be even better.

Last edited:

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
ASET is a bad photo of a good diamond.
The diamonds fine.
1.8 or more 2mm, would be even better.

Totally agree - 1.8-2mm is still very petite. I think just overall wear, 1.8+ is more ideal. I’m veryyyyy careful, I had a setting for 7+ years with no scratches, but I still accidentally would knock it on things.

She will be very happy!

danny0927

Rough_Rock
Hey all, I took your advice, again, and went with the 1.8mm band and the platinum prongs, so two tone. I ordered today and it'll be about a month. I went with the FD diamond for a few reasons:
1. They had the setting this forum found that matched my mind's eye and while others could make something similar, it felt most fair.
2. They (specifically, Kegan) were responsive and laid back and cool the entire time.
3. They sent me video, the ASET requested, and met me on a video call to go over details, and they (Kegan) were just really cool.
4. The warranties seemed comparable, but I could be wrong so don't take my word for it.
5. The WF folks were also very nice, I just didn't connect with them as easily as I did FD and that's probably because I started with FD, liked the setting, etc.

I may have made a mistake just paying today without "haggling." I told the lady I just hate that kind of thing so would trust her on it, though I reckon folks here if in my shoes could have gotten it cheaper. I'm awful at that kind of thing. At work I preach that I really dislike the process of getting clients, which is why I work so hard to never lose em, same vibe haggling on price. In total, it was $6500.

I am so grateful for your help Deja, Karl, Momma, and others, really. I'll show my wife this thread in a month or two and post a follow-up of the ring if ya'll care to see it. All my best to each of you.

katyb

Rough_Rock
I can hardly wait to see the ring! Oh, my goodness, Dan, I've been following this since your return to the forum and am delighted that you found a ring for your wife. It certainly has been a long time coming. Your wife is going to be so touched when she sees your big surprise. I think you made the right choices.

danny0927

Rough_Rock
Sorry, I need to specifically thank Emmy12 also, who found the setting I was thinking of in my mind. Thank you very much, that helped me along a lot.

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
:whistle: very glad to be of service and help you find the one you were picturing! So excited to see the final result!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrates @danny0927 !!! Cant wait for the hand pics and to hear her reaction!!!!

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
I know I’m late to respond, but read thru and can’t wait to see the ring.

Kegan helped me with my 10 year anniversary ring (LGD and cathedral royale setting). She was a pleasure to work with and was an easy process. Loved they could bring in the diamond for further assessment and loved the prototype option so you could see it and tweak if necessary. I definitely recommend anyone who goes with FD to do the prototype. I am also happy that I increased the mm size of the band.

Beautiful diamond and look forward to pictures. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results