shape
carat
color
clarity

A sparkly doo-dad to use up my spare OECs.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My best girl friend gave me half her mother's antique muff chain to use on the memorial pendant I had made for my precious dog when he died. I had almost 8" left over after that project, so got a spring clip added to wear it as a bracelet. But - even tho it's thick and substantial - it looked like...just a piece of chain.

But I had a bunch of OECs that I'd bought randomly, knowing I'd do something with them at some point and, as my jewelry collecting is winding down, I figured now was the time.

So Amy at DKJ and I designed a sparkly doo-dad to attach to my bracelet piece of chain, and here we are! It exactly hits the spot! We used 1.58ctw of old cuts, and I still have a few left over (no idea what I'll do with them!) and it's made a gratuitous sparkle bomb! I intend to get the back engraved with a Florentine pattern at some point, but I couldn't decide on a pattern so am wearing it till I do.

And here it is!

20190601_103107.jpg

20190601_102852.jpg

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love that cobblestone in rich yg!!!! :love:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks awesome!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And while I'm here....

I've lost a bunch of weight over the last year and my fingers - which had gotten large in recent years - have now mostly gone back down - from an 8.25 to a smallish 7. Some of my larger rings were spontaneously finding their way across the room at unexpected moments, so it was time to commence the resizing!

The first one off the block, obviously, was my 3 stone and a few plain bands. But after that, I moved onto my platinum 7 stone ring, which I love and which gets a lot of wear, given that it goes with so many other pieces I wear a lot. I also changed the prongs - which were previously V-shaped - to more conventional claws. There's still a little slimming of the band I need to do, but I figured while I was doing this thread, I'd add a couple more shots. I also decreased the size of the very center stone by about 7 pts; I wanted a very gradual taper towards the middle, and so the center stone is now .44ct, while the diamonds either side of that are .4ct each. Then 2 x .26ct, then 2 x .16. Meaning the whole thing is roughly 2.1ctw.

Since the middle of the ring is somewhat straighter than it was, it now wears beautifully with a band - especially my Tiffany legacy wedder. Love this!

I've recently been in hospital, so please ignore the marks and bruises on my hands; those IVs are brutal for one's jewelry-wearing skin!!

20190601_105513.jpg

20190601_105423.jpg

20190601_105446.jpg

20190601_105523.jpg

20190601_105554.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Gussie and @MakingTheGrade -

Thanks, ladies! The light in my office is harsh, so it makes photos look more colorless than they actually are. In real life the gold is old and rich looking, so I'm glad you were able to get even a hint of that from these photos.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You bracelet charm would also make a cool pendant as well!!!

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Your charm is lovely and so old world looking!! I love that rich old gold color, it's my favorite. Your ring redo is perfect too btw. I hope you enjoy them in the best of health and happiness.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love cobblestone pieces - the individual small stones seem to make them really wearable and casual but very blingy at the same time. And your luxe gold is fab!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You bracelet charm would also make a cool pendant as well!!!

Definitely would - and I thought about it! I decided to stay with the bracelet charm in the end so I could jazz up a piece I already had. But I'm thinking about doing another one, too. They're so cute - they're kind of addictive!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @Asscherhalo_lover! :mrgreen: A doo-dad indeed!!

@SandyinAnaheim - I really like the charm...but I particularly love the ring. It's just so versatile and elegant - a really wearable piece. :))

Ditto, re the cobblestone pattern, @lissyflo! They're casual - but they pack a visual punch, as well. Looking at this piece, as it sits on the desk next to me - it has a truck load of bling! Perfect for a PSer's heart!! :bigsmile:

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My best girl friend gave me half her mother's antique muff chain to use on the memorial pendant I had made for my precious dog when he died. I had almost 8" left over after that project, so got a spring clip added to wear it as a bracelet. But - even tho it's thick and substantial - it looked like...just a piece of chain.

But I had a bunch of OECs that I'd bought randomly, knowing I'd do something with them at some point and, as my jewelry collecting is winding down, I figured now was the time.

So Amy at DKJ and I designed a sparkly doo-dad to attach to my bracelet piece of chain, and here we are! It exactly hits the spot! We used 1.58ctw of old cuts, and I still have a few left over (no idea what I'll do with them!) and it's made a gratuitous sparkle bomb! I intend to get the back engraved with a Florentine pattern at some point, but I couldn't decide on a pattern so am wearing it till I do.

And here it is!

20190601_103107.jpg

20190601_102852.jpg
I love this! Is it 18k gold? Color looks more saturated . I’d love to have this Coblestone style for dangle earrings!

joelly

Ideal_Rock

And here it is!

20190601_103107.jpg

20190601_102852.jpg [/QUOTE

Beautiful :geek2::geek2::geek2::appl:

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Swooning! I love your doo-dad!
What a glorious way to combine smaller sparkle bomb OECs!
And imagining the back with a gorgeous pattern....will make that a beautiful piece to hand down. IMO, It's very appropriate for someone young or someone older simutaneously which is hard to come by in jewelry!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just heavenly in a BIG way! It’s just utterly yummy!

I also love the changes to your ring & how it sits better with the Tiffany band. Your options are endless!

Congratulations on the weight loss & healing dust for your hospital stay. I hope it was nothing serious & you are recovering quickly. Big hugs!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on the weight loss & healing dust for your hospital stay. I hope it was nothing serious & you are recovering quickly. Big hugs!

Yes, apologies for not saying this in my post. I got carried away with your beautiful bling and forgot both manners and caring thoughts. I too hope all is good now and you are well on the road to great health.

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I love this! No surprise, since I love every piece you have made. :love: Do you plan to stack it with any of your other bracelets or wear on its own?

Wishing you health and happiness!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fun charm! I hope your health continues to improve.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You've lost some significant weight to drop your finger size down so far - congratulations! I hope the hospital stay wasn't anything serious and that at the very least, you're on the mend!

The new doo-dad is scrumptious - love those stones set in that charm that way. Enjoy!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love every iteration of your jewellery collection @mrs-b and this is no different. The rich yellow gold makes those OECs sing!
I hope your health is doing well after your hospital stay. Your 7-stone is a beautiful wall of sparkle, no wonder it gets a lot of wear.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So to answer all questions at the one time - the hospital stay was an endometrial biopsy. I don't have the results back as yet, but there was enough growth in the endometrium for the dr who performed the biopsy to say that her best guess was that I have endo cancer. I get a clearer picture, obviously, when the biopsy comes back, especially as to what type of tissue it is - which can make the prognosis either quite encouraging, or rather depressing. Obviously, as it was, there was enough growth for her to take an educated guess, a thing I can't believe she would have done had there not been obvious cancer there. So things in this house are rather subdued at the moment.

Thank you to all for the well wishes - a shitty time here, really.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prayer for you mrs-b! Your new piece is beautiful, and woohoo for smaller ring sizes!

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love the sparkly doo-dad!

Prayers that the doc is wrong.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the sparkly doodad and I hope it's the encouraging prognosis!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love this!! So wanna copy it. :Up_to_something: And especially love it on a charm bracelet.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fingers crossed for the biopsy to come back with encouraging results

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ooooooh I LOVE the doo-dad!!!! Luscious gold too!!! What a great idea!!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
And while I'm here....

I've lost a bunch of weight over the last year and my fingers - which had gotten large in recent years - have now mostly gone back down - from an 8.25 to a smallish 7. Some of my larger rings were spontaneously finding their way across the room at unexpected moments, so it was time to commence the resizing!

The first one off the block, obviously, was my 3 stone and a few plain bands. But after that, I moved onto my platinum 7 stone ring, which I love and which gets a lot of wear, given that it goes with so many other pieces I wear a lot. I also changed the prongs - which were previously V-shaped - to more conventional claws. There's still a little slimming of the band I need to do, but I figured while I was doing this thread, I'd add a couple more shots. I also decreased the size of the very center stone by about 7 pts; I wanted a very gradual taper towards the middle, and so the center stone is now .44ct, while the diamonds either side of that are .4ct each. Then 2 x .26ct, then 2 x .16. Meaning the whole thing is roughly 2.1ctw.

Since the middle of the ring is somewhat straighter than it was, it now wears beautifully with a band - especially my Tiffany legacy wedder. Love this!

I've recently been in hospital, so please ignore the marks and bruises on my hands; those IVs are brutal for one's jewelry-wearing skin!!

20190601_105513.jpg

20190601_105423.jpg

20190601_105446.jpg

20190601_105523.jpg

20190601_105554.jpg
This is just sparkle city! Love the design and gradual taper, it gives it such a smooth look instead of a bulky look. Really fantastic

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @goldenfire - it's made all the difference. :)) Hugely wearable now - alone or with bands!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results