shape
carat
color
clarity

A Little Sunshine from CVB, Yoram, and AV!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For a long time, I had been on the lookout for a light yellow diamond to make a ring in memory of my favorite aunt. Her favorite color was yellow and she taught us to sing "You are My Sunshine" when we were kids. She never married and she and my grandmother lived next door, so she was like an extra mom/friend. Our older daughter is named after her. She left my siblings and me a little money, and I saved some for this project which will be one day be given to the daughter named after her.

A few months ago, I happened to see a beautiful light yellow antique cushion on IG that turned out to be an early August Vintage Cushion cut by Yoram (Gem Concepts)! That was a perfect combination of a stone I loved (AVC, designed by Jonathan of augustvintageinc.net), in the color I wanted, and cut by Yoram, a gifted master cutter who had also cut my beautiful AVR! It is a GIA 1.63 Y-Z VVS2.

Next I started talking with Caysie (CVB Inspired Design) about setting ideas. She suggested a cluster style halo with OECs since the center stone was around 7mm. She drew it and I loved it! Caysie then ordered the baby OECs (2.4mm) custom cut from Yoram (Gem Concepts)!

So for starters, the AVC diamond, the baby OECs, and the original drawing by Caysie.

1.63 Y-Z AVC.jpg 2017-09-14 Yoram OECs1.jpg yellowcushiondesignCVB.JPG

Last edited:

lalala

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful story and concept! I can't wait to see the finished product!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful tribute & sentiment!! It's going to be amazing!!! I can't wait to see it!! :love: Hand shots are a must!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today, the package came and the ring was more beautiful than the pictures could possibly show! Caysie and her team are just outstanding as usual, and I am so thankful to Yoram for cutting these absolutely gorgeous antique style stones!!! I feel so fortunate to have another little work of art from these true artists! :appl: I always have to give the disclaimer that my phone pics in no way capture the beauty of the piece, but here are a few!
2017-10-19 15.57.09.jpg
2017-10-19 16.06.11.jpg
2017-10-19 16.06.37.jpg View attachment 598367
2017-10-19 15.54.35.jpg

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is just soooooo lovely DS. Truly. ***sigh***. A really romantic piece. Congratulations on such a successful project, yet again!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OH! Absolutely gorgeous! I love the color of the diamond and the setting is exquisite. It really shows off the color beautifully and this ring is now one of my favorites. Actually, each one of your rings are beautifully unique!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much @lalala , @Matthews1127, @anne_h, @LLJsmom, @kathley, and @westjenn!

Kathley, I have to be careful to try to make each ring to be different since I clearly lean toward Edwardian and Art Deco styles. I left the antique asscher ring smooth and shiny, so I decided to go all out with engraving this time! lol! My hardest decision has been what to do with the AVR! I am so used to a solitaire that I am afraid I'd miss it, yet it needs something beautiful to wear, too!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow @diamondseeker2006 ! Your new ring is stunning!!!! :love: Absolutely gorgeous! I also adore the sentiment behind it and Caysie did a marvelous job with the setting! I remember seeing that diamond on IG and thought how lucky someone will be to have it. I am happy that the lucky someone was you:) enjoy it for years to come and I hope that your daughter will also gets to enjoy it in the future :)

Last edited:

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Looks perfect on your finger DS - flattering and substantial. Love the contrast of the AV with the surrounding diamonds. I think a thoughtfully chosen piece of jewelry is a wonderful way to remember a person.

Q

Queenie60

I am speechless. Your ring is beautiful with such a special meaning. Congratulations on another beautiful ring. Simply gorgeous.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t love yellow diamonds but I love this! It’s like a perfect drop of sunshine on your hand. What a beautiful way to remember someone dear to you.
Ps your collection is TDF :love:

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Oh that is bee-yoo-tiful ds!! :love: I just love the color, especially in that cut. And I think it's so lovely the way you plan these things for your children. The symbolism is just so perfect. Well done. :clap:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woohoo!! It’s stunning!!! Caysie did such a great job and you have made great choices as always. I love the story behind the ring. Would looooooooove to see a lot more pics. I like!!!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!! What an absolute stunner! :love: Love everything about this ring from the gorgeous avc to the sweet little oec's and all perfectly complimented by Caysie's (and your) amazing eye for design and detail - just divine. :appl:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is beautiful, it was meant to be! :)

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha !

... 'guess I've already sung the praises of this particular diamond, a couple of times [recent posts on colour & contrast ...]

Nice to see !

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not a yellow lover either but I do like the color of that stone! It's just enough without being overdone somehow. The ring looks gorgeous and it is obviously a very special piece of jewelry for you. I am sure it will bring back happy memories every time you wear it. Just beautiful DS!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww what a lovely ring to remember your favorite aunt by and it is just a gorgeous antiquey ball of sunshine.:love:
My dad used to sing that song to us all the time and it brings back such happy warm memories.

Beautiful ring DS and beautiful memory to keep the memory of your darling aunt close by. LOVE it. Another wonderful addition to your bling family. Wear in health and happiness always.:appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results