shape
carat
color
clarity

a GREEN thread!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok I'll add in the only peridot I own, which is set in this antique necklace from Saudi Arabia. It's got little bead set diamonds in the links. This was a necklace which my husband had to buy because he fell in love with it. I'd never had any peridot before, but now I understand how it can be absolutely magic. As opposed to the darker, bluer greens that remind one of the deep, mysterious undergrowth of the forest floor, peridot has that green of the fresh upper canopy leaves, and how they wave and glisten in the breeze, where they kiss the sunlight. (Excuse the not so great picture!)
IMG_4521.JPG

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was debating about adding this because it's not only green, but green is the strongest color in it, so I'll add this tourmaline necklace too....think that's mostly it for greens. I have a few blue green pieces which I could add....
IMG_4526.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The grape ring is fun!
Thanks! That is exactly why I bought it...it's very humorous! It looks quite realistic too. They actually look like grapes or berries lol.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm totally jealous of the grape ring. Have a weakness for fruit things! It's so cute! Where did you find it?

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm totally jealous of the grape ring. Have a weakness for fruit things! It's so cute! Where did you find it?
Thank you! I bought it online one day, just while browsing on Etsy. It's a vintage piece from somewhere in between the 1970-1980''s. Around that time, there was a well known jade jewelry store in Hawaii called Ming's. They came up with jade fruit ball rings and earrings. Sometimes they used pearls instead of jade balls. Some were multi colored, and some just one color. Anyway, other rings were soon made after this Ming's style. This was one of those. I believe it's 14k and nephrite jade.

Last edited:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It was a green jade day for me. I wore these two together. This picture captures the complexity of each bangle, I think. I know I have posted pictures of both of these, but I particularly like this picture. :)

IMG_3973.JPG

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was a green jade day for me. I wore these two together. This picture captures the complexity of each bangle, I think. I know I have posted pictures of both of these, but I particularly like this picture. :)

IMG_3973.JPG
I love seeing pictures of these! The new one really captures a flow of nephrite. It's so interesting and beautiful. The differences in color and grain of the two is fascinating. They look fabulous together!

corgisage

Rough_Rock
imageproxy.jpeg
My new Peridot ring by Jeff Davies. I LOVE green stones and was delighted to learn about the Peridot! Didn't want to stuff around trying to find someone to set it and a setting so I got Jeff to make the ring and set the stone for me. I LOVE IT! I haven't been able to take proper pictures of it but the stone is so well cut and a gorgeous shade of green in real life. The ring is lovely too. There is some lovely detailed etching on the band. Very well made and doesn't have that "cheap" look that I sometimes see in the premade settings in jewellery shops.

Jeff is lovely to work with. I just really need to stay away from his site so I don't keep commissioning new rings from him!

Wow that peridot ring is gorgeous.:love: It is so sparkly and matches the engraved YG shank really nicely. I didn't know Jeff does ring settings as well! If you don't mind me asking, roughly how much did the setting cost?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
imageproxy.jpeg
My new Peridot ring by Jeff Davies. I LOVE green stones and was delighted to learn about the Peridot! Didn't want to stuff around trying to find someone to set it and a setting so I got Jeff to make the ring and set the stone for me. I LOVE IT! I haven't been able to take proper pictures of it but the stone is so well cut and a gorgeous shade of green in real life. The ring is lovely too. There is some lovely detailed etching on the band. Very well made and doesn't have that "cheap" look that I sometimes see in the premade settings in jewellery shops.

Jeff is lovely to work with. I just really need to stay away from his site so I don't keep commissioning new rings from him!

Lovely! Jeff used to have Burmese peridots, and I could not pull the trigger, but now the material is gone, it seems, at least I don't see them around.

I think peridot is underestimated, either because it is still inexpensive, or for some other reason. Personally, I love this stone. And your ring is amazing.

Agree about working with Jeff, he is also a very good cutter it seems. I bought a pair of Mozambique garnets from him and can't be happier.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely! Jeff used to have Burmese peridots, and I could not pull the trigger, but now the material is gone, it seems, at least I don't see them around.

I think peridot is underestimated, either because it is still inexpensive, or for some other reason. Personally, I love this stone. And your ring is amazing.

Agree about working with Jeff, he is also a very good cutter it seems. I bought a pair of Mozambique garnets from him and can't be happier.

Arkteia, would you mind telling me what the Burmese peridot material was like? Was it different enough from other peridot that you could tell that it was Burmese by just looks alone?

I'm curious about special peridot material. There is a jeweler here who had a peridot from Pakistan . She told me how special it was. The ring sold for 16k. It was a beautiful, electric green stone with almost no olive color and super saturated....that's what I remember about it.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arkteia, would you mind telling me what the Burmese peridot material was like? Was it different enough from other peridot that you could tell that it was Burmese by just looks alone?

I'm curious about special peridot material. There is a jeweler here who had a peridot from Pakistan . She told me how special it was. The ring sold for 16k. It was a beautiful, electric green stone with almost no olive color and super saturated....that's what I remember about it.
Bluegemz, I don't know. I saw it, mostly, on photos. I think it had less yellow modifier. And looked neon -y. Once I confused it with a demantoid.:oops: So it can be very beautiful.

At that time, I was chasing garnets and thought that peridots i would always get...

Last edited:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is probably my only piece of jade. It can not stand next to your bangles, but since I don't know a thing about jade...but love carved material...

So this jade I bought from Barry (I think it is one of the few pieces I bought from him, i always miss his drops because of my Wednesday schedules)... anyhow, four pieces on the sides are fire opals I bought from Jeff Davies...

20170906_195833.jpg

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bluegemz, I don't know. I saw it, mostly, on photos. I think it had less yellow modifier. And looked neon -y. Once I confused it with a demantoid.:oops: So it can be very beautiful.

At that time, I was chasing garnets and thought that peridots i would always get...
I think that's what the one I saw was like too...just very electric green with no dirty undertones. Thanks.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is probably my only piece of jade. It can not stand next to your bangles, but since I don't know a thing about jade...but love carved material...

So this jade I bought from Barry (I think it is one of the few pieces I bought from him, i always miss his drops because of my Wednesday schedules)... anyhow, four pieces on the sides are fire opals I bought from Jeff Davies...

20170906_195833.jpg
Gosh, i think it's an amazing piece! Rich even green, beautiful carving....gorgeous! I love it paired with the opals. What s rich color combination and the way both diffuse light makes for a great gem relationship. So special!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! I always associated opals with those bluish looking stones! Those fire opals are amazing!

Can I please have a close up if you have time one day @Arkteia ?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! I always associated opals with those bluish looking stones! Those fire opals are amazing!

Can I please have a close up if you have time one day @Arkteia ?

Surely. I have to wait till the 15th though.

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love it! I got one too just recently from Jeff and I'm pretty sure it's from the same haul. Looks totally green under some lighting and Olivey in others. Weirdly I think it performs the best in artificial lighting and at night!

Day:
IMG_2744.JPG

Night and sometimes in shade:
IMG_2766.JPG

IMG_3035.JPG
imageproxy.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3215.JPG
    IMG_3215.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 22

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Gemobsessed yes agree with you on it's performance!!! It's a gorgeous shade of green in the shade of all places!!!

My green loving preschooler son has absconded with mine and is keeping it with his collection of fake rocks smoothered in cotton wool (don't ask!). I must borrow it when I want to wear it!

How do you clean yours? I'm assuming a toothbrush is too harsh?

Your ring is beautiful!!!!!!! I love the setting!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it! I got one too just recently from Jeff and I'm pretty sure it's from the same haul. Looks totally green under some lighting and Olivey in others. Weirdly I think it performs the best in artificial lighting and at night!

Day:
IMG_2744.JPG

Night and sometimes in shade:
IMG_2766.JPG

IMG_3035.JPG

Such a beauty, congratulations!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Gemobsessed yes agree with you on it's performance!!! It's a gorgeous shade of green in the shade of all places!!!

My green loving preschooler son has absconded with mine and is keeping it with his collection of fake rocks smoothered in cotton wool (don't ask!). I must borrow it when I want to wear it!

How do you clean yours? I'm assuming a toothbrush is too harsh?

Your ring is beautiful!!!!!!! I love the setting!

I love the story about your son! Think of it, you can share the love of green. I hope he keeps his love of green rocks as the hobby when he grows up!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results