shape
carat
color
clarity

a GREEN thread!

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks but your setting is super unique. I was on a tight budget so couldn't get jeff to make mine though I did ask!

Cleaning- interesting you ask that because I've been wondering about it. I soaked mine in dish soap for ten minutes and rinsed well under a strong water flow tap and to be honest I did use a soft toothbrush to clean just the underside. But I was just thinking what if that damaged it a bit? Though nothing very specific is visible I decided not to use the toothbrush again....

I'd love some tips on how to clean too! It does get grimey quickly because of the open setting

@Gemobsessed yes agree with you on it's performance!!! It's a gorgeous shade of green in the shade of all places!!!

My green loving preschooler son has absconded with mine and is keeping it with his collection of fake rocks smoothered in cotton wool (don't ask!). I must borrow it when I want to wear it!

How do you clean yours? I'm assuming a toothbrush is too harsh?

Your ring is beautiful!!!!!!! I love the setting!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the story about your son! Think of it, you can share the love of green. I hope he keeps his love of green rocks as the hobby when he grows up!

He loooooves green best but adores rocks and gems in general.

A few years ago I bought a few inexpensive jade bangles from this website called Jadeisus. I was never sure if they were real or not and one was very small so I gave that one to my son for his collection. He's taken such good care of it considering I gave it to him when he was 3.5 years old!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My touch of green for the day....
IMG_20170921_210804.jpg

My Russian demantoid pendant that arrived recently..

I have a similar pendant (with pink spinels) prong set in the middle so didn't realize this setting was a channel setting until I sent it to Yvonne and asked her to have it set with demantoids (my latest green addiction). Her excellent bench was able to save the day by cutting back the edges and adding fine milgrain. Lesson: Don't buy jewelry without your glasses :doh:

IMG_20170917_220805.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My touch of green for the day....
IMG_20170921_210804.jpg

My Russian demantoid pendant that arrived recently..

I have a similar pendant (with pink spinels) prong set in the middle so didn't realize this setting was a channel setting until I sent it to Yvonne and asked her to have it set with demantoids (my latest green addiction). Her excellent bench was able to save the day by cutting back the edges and adding fine milgrain. Lesson: Don't buy jewelry without your glasses :doh:

IMG_20170917_220805.jpg

Gorgeous demantoids! Who designed the pendant, if I may ask? It is so beautiful. I am collecting small demantoids for a pair of chandelier earrings, and I love your pendant!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE all of these greens! Thank you for sharing them with us.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous demantoids! Who designed the pendant, if I may ask? It is so beautiful. I am collecting small demantoids for a pair of chandelier earrings, and I love your pendant!

Sorry (and thank you!) - I just saw this! It was just a stock setting that I saw in a friend's store. Since it took me so long to reply, are your earrings ready to show?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
48E72E87-1D47-4ACC-8E90-BA1CA524E510.jpeg CB30470B-18FF-42DF-B884-7F4C117683DA.jpeg I searched high and low for blue tourmalines this year and ended up with two greens with blue tints! Can’t say I’m complaining though!

These look lovely! :D How will you set them?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My green jadeite rose gold ring :). 2Cts 8mm round.
Cab3.jpg Cab5.jpg

I've commented on this ring before but I still REALLY love the setting. Goes perfectly with the stone. TFS!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have something to share. My green Peridot from Barry Bridgestock. It is being set in yellow gold. The color I see is somewhere between my photo and Barry's photo.

Barry's photo
Stone%20Hunter%20BB%20Peridot.jpg

My photo of the same stone
peridot_3.jpg

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my @Neil 1231 Beautiful!!

Can we see some profile shots?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VERY cool looking @Neil 1231 show us the profile!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How do people even find it?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Eli22 Those are beautiful! And you took such clear ear photos.

Lovely green!!!

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! @cflutist that is some beautiful jade! I was scrolling down and stopped at the rings then on down and gasped at the bangle. I like the middle ring best, that is my favorite color for jade. The first bangle looks like paper thin high carat gold. How do you get it on and off? I'm in love!!

The flat green pendant is stunning. Do you know what the symbols mean?

And finally, the brooch. At least I'm assuming it's a brooch. I'm running out of superlatives here. It's delicate and lovely. Your mother had exquisite taste.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AMAZING pieces @cflutist ! The yellow gold really sets off the color of the jade perfectly. The cuff bracelet is unique. I think the cab bracelet is quite stunning. All of the pieces are just amazing.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! @cflutist that is some beautiful jade! I was scrolling down and stopped at the rings then on down and gasped at the bangle. I like the middle ring best, that is my favorite color for jade. The first bangle looks like paper thin high carat gold. How do you get it on and off? I'm in love!!

And finally, the brooch. At least I'm assuming it's a brooch. I'm running out of superlatives here. It's delicate and lovely. Your mother had exquisite taste.

Actually the bangle is quite heavy. It has a hinge that opens and closes.
Sorry neither I or my mother could read Chinese.
Yes the final piece is a brooch.
I don't normally wear jade but did wear the alternating jade and medallion bracelet when I performed a flute concerto in her honor.

P.s. I don't have pierced ears so my sister gave all of these earrings to my niece

20180114_124037.jpg

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

The flat pendant is a Ruyi.

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Actually the bangle is quite heavy. It has a hinge that opens and closes.
Sorry neither I or my mother could read Chinese.
Yes the final piece is a brooch.
I don't normally wear jade but did wear the alternating jade and medallion bracelet when I performed a flute concerto in her honor.

P.s. I don't have pierced ears so my sister gave all of these earrings to my niece

20180114_124037.jpg

The butterfly brooch is a classic design that I have seen in the auction catalog.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results