shape
carat
color
clarity

A DKJ trifecta of treats - diamond drops, AVR wedding ring and diamond stud!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy - thank you! I'm glad you appreciated the ear shot; the last time I took ear shots my ear looked wrinkled and weird! I've decided low..lower...LOWER...lighting is key! :)

@bright ice - Thank you! And I think you're right; I see an every day pair of diamond studs coming from this!

@Alex T - I shall consult with Pinto! In the meantime, thank you for the kind comments. :)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@OoohShiny - I've always loved the varying shapes. Just visually interesting, y'know? I got the idea from a Tiffany pair that were miiiiles out of my reach, financially, but was able to cut down the idea to something that scratched the same itch, but which I could actually afford!

@ac117 - I'd lend them to you in a heartbeat. And thank you for your kind comments about my collection; I've been doing this for years and years, and feel as tho I am finally approaching the end. I know my husband is, at least!

@chappy - thank you! These are my dress-up earrings. Always fun. :)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Rubybrick - I'm glad everyone seems to like the band; I haven't taken it off since it got here. Love it!

@cflutist - thank you! I love them, too! I've never seen anything quite like them, and they're also the only danglies I own - so, extra special!

@meely - thank you! I'm not sentimental, either. In this case, tho, this is just an accurate reflection of my relationship with DH, which is full of meaning. I just love those 2 little diamonds on that ring! :)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @diamondseeker2006 :wavey: It's an improvement, isn't it? In real life, they POP. The stones are all D-F, and they look fab against the rich yellow. :)

Thanks, @Catmom - I'll let you know when I get a second stud! :bigsmile:

@yennyfire - yes! Today was an extra special JDD! (jewelry delivery day)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@HappyNewLife - I'm glad you are amazed. :) I'm a tad amazed myself, truth be told. I love the pieces I have and enjoy them actively. I don't think I'll ever take them for granted. :)

Hi @Tekate - thanks for the heads up re Instagram; I didn't realize they were up there! Glad you like them. :)

@AprilBaby - it was a GREAT day!!

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your collection is just superb, I love how you put so much thought into all your pieces, when you wear them they must make you feel so special. They look stunning and you wear them beautifully.
I hope that I can learn to craft similar heirloom pieces that really make my heart sing rather than jumping on the next best thing. I’m looking forward to seeing your jewelry family photo :love:.
I’m kicking myself I didn’t go ahead and buy the WF jackets when I had the opportunity, I was saving up for studs and didn’t want to get side tracked...oh well, such is life. They look amazing and at home in your gorgeous collection.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@JDDN - my birthday is in June. At the end of June I'm planning to have a 'collection photo shoot'. I should have another 4 or 5 pieces done by then. After that, I'll only have 3 to go, but they won't be till next year. A lot of what I'm doing are resets; as I've gotten older, and have more disposable income to throw at this, and as my tastes have changed, I've been upgrading a lot of things. At the moment, I'm doing a solitaire with DKJ, an earring re-set, as well as re-setting my diamond pear pendant. I'm doing 2 pairs of earrings for my birthday - plain gold hoops - one rose and one yellow, of the specific size I like, with the sort of closure I like and the weight I like. Most hoop earrings are flimsy and break with the slightest provocation. I've spent money recently upgrading my day to day things; for instance my new pearl SS earrings and my plain bands and bangles. They're not glitzy at all - most of them have no diamonds - but they're all custom and well made and will last me for the rest of my life. I like things like that.

Well what a photo shoot that will be, I very much look forward to it :roll2:. I totally get upgrading your day to day things. In many ways I'm much more comfortable spending money on things I wear/use on an everyday basis as opposed to 'special occasion' things. I have no problem spending $120 on jeans because I wear jeans every single day. But a dress to wear to a fancy holiday party I cringe at spending more than $100 on! I love well made last a lifetime pieces, there is just something so comforting and appealing to those.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Gabbycat - I totally agree - jewelry, well made, is visual art. I'm so pleased I get to wear these!

@ceg - the platinum band really is my favorite, too. I've never seen anything quite like it - probably because it's my own symbolism, nobody else's. Super special. <3

@Lookinagain - I think you and I are at a very similar place in life, jewelry-wise. It's all about quality and wearability at this point in my life. And I DON'T want pieces just hanging around; either I can wear them now, or they need to ship out to another owner. I don't at all mind letting pieces go; it's having things just sitting around that irks me. 'Tomorrow never comes', y'know?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Sandeek - the 'chunk of platinum' really appeals to me, too! Love the weight of it - something about it is so solid and reliable. :)

@DanDiAnDi - I'm so glad you like them! And I LOVE the jackets! They went from 'something I'm going to repurpose' to 'I need a second stud!!' :))

Thanks, @MonkeysInk - I think so too!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Sparkles88 - I love every piece I have. They all have meaning, and it's wonderful putting something different on each day that reminds me of something, someone, or a time of life I want to remember. Some people take photos; my jewelry represents memories for me.

@JDDN - I TOTALLY agree with you re this. My go-to collection is 3 pairs of hoop earrings - rose gold, yellow gold and platinum, large SS pearl studs, my three bangles made in yellow, rose and white metals, 3 wedder rings - a yellow gold, a rose gold, and this new platinum one, and my platinum diamond cluster pendant, my heavy yellow gold pendant, a pendant made from my melted down engagement and wedding rings, and a rose gold pendant commemorating the country of my birth. My diamond rings, earrings and pendants are all lovely - but truth be told, they don't get anything like as much of a look-in as my every day pieces. I agree with you - it's nice to have the things you wear every day be of good quality and workmanship; they're the pieces you see every day and they're the pieces that define your style.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium

[USER=77548]@Lookinagain
- I think you and I are at a very similar place in life, jewelry-wise. It's all about quality and wearability at this point in my life. And I DON'T want pieces just hanging around; either I can wear them now, or they need to ship out to another owner. I don't at all mind letting pieces go; it's having things just sitting around that irks me. 'Tomorrow never comes', y'know?[/USER]

@mrs-b I totally agree. This year my goal was to take a few pieces that I didn’t wear because they just were not right for me and remake them in the hope that they would see more wear. So far, so good. I have one more possible redo. Then a few pieces that I will not keep. And then, of course, a few new ideas. I’m getting better at letting the seldom worn pieces go and really seem to gravitate to my low profile comfortable pieces and not necessarily the pieces with the largest stones or most bling .

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today was a big jewelry delivery day! The yellow gold drop earrings, a platinum wedder with bezel set AVR's and a diamond stud...which is morphing into something more.

The 18kt yellow gold drops are *exactly* 3" long (lost of people asked about this) with 2 x .44 princess cuts, 2 x .3 pears, 2 x .32 EC's, 2 x .32 rounds and 2 x .5 pears. There is also 8 x 10 point round brilliant, and about 8pts of melee - 12 stones, each roughly 2/3 of a point. In total, that comes to 4.64ctw.

DKJPV_0309_ER-1.jpg

Your earrings are TDF!!! You put those together well. The sizes in comparison to one another perfect. Are these the stones in your avatar?
Definitely an exquisite piece for your collection!!
They look awesome on your ears!! Beautiful collection. Congrats and enjoy!!!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A lot of what I'm doing are resets; as I've gotten older, and have more disposable income to throw at this, and as my tastes have changed, I've been upgrading a lot of things. They're not glitzy at all - most of them have no diamonds - but they're all custom and well made and will last me for the rest of my life. I like things like that.

I think this is one of the best realisations that comes with age and life experience: appreciating the balance between luxury and comfort, and celebrating what you personally love and appreciate, on a daily basis. Well made staples, that pass through your journey with you, are exactly to your taste, and often get better with age as memories attach to them.

Having said that, I have to admit that I had to peel my eyes away from the earring photos to get to the wedding band shots!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous pieces - what you are doing is inspiring, I need to do the same thing one day, take stock of what I do and don't wear and reset or redesign a few things so that my jewellery wardrobe all has a purpose :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have such a gorgeous and inspiring collection!!! I love the story behind it.
You have made such great choices: I especially love your band.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I really love that band, its a nice solid and sentimental piece.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@m-2-b -

Your new earrings are darling :love: I just finished a somewhat similar project - dangling earrings with melee of varying shape and size - so yours are of especially timely interest! Couple questions?
- Would you be willing to snap a photo or two of the backs of the bezels?
- It looks like the drops in the earring on the right in this photo are angled - so they “face outward” more than the in-ear stud. Is that just the way they’re hanging, or an artifact of photography, or did you deliberately request the “face out” direction to be slightly angled relative to your lobe? I ask because one of my ears faces forward slightly more than the other - it isn’t noticeable unless I’m wearing dangling earrings with directionality that call attention to it! Over the past couple of years I’ve had most of my dangles adjusted so right and left “face forward” the same amount when worn, and different jewellers take very different approaches to making the adjustment - I’d be curious what method(s) you chose here, if this is the case.

088842E9-07A2-4D28-A7DE-B9BCD245C0F1.jpeg

Your description of the sentiments behind your new ring is just lovely ::) And whilst there isn’t enough room in between for another human-diamond I note there’s plenty for a couple of dog-sized diamonds ::)

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh I love your haul! The band is my favorite too. I love my rose gold band DK made with my original wedding ring stones.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love them all! The thoughts behind your wedder are adorable :kiss2:. But I've got to say that your earrings are my favorite!!! Those are TDF :love::love::love::love:

Platinum-blonde

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This trio is beautiful, and I love the meanings behind your band. Those earrings are drool worthy. Wear all three in good health and happiness.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b, @m-2-b - I’m rereading my earlier post and my autocorrect apparently “fixed” the intended address with all the insistent inaccuracy that autocorrect is so well-loved for! Sorry for the misplaced call out folks :whistle:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today was a big jewelry delivery day! The yellow gold drop earrings, a platinum wedder with bezel set AVR's and a diamond stud...which is morphing into something more.

The 18kt yellow gold drops are *exactly* 3" long (lost of people asked about this) with 2 x .44 princess cuts, 2 x .3 pears, 2 x .32 EC's, 2 x .32 rounds and 2 x .5 pears. There is also 8 x 10 point round brilliant, and about 8pts of melee - 12 stones, each roughly 2/3 of a point. In total, that comes to 4.64ctw.

DKJPV_0309_ER-1.jpg

And the dreaded ear shot....

20180316_120402_HDR_resized-2.jpg
:appl::appl::appl: An accomplishment!!! And seriously that ear shot makes it 10xMORE beautiful.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, my goodness! That was a diamond day, wasn't it? Beautiful pieces all but I too love the earrings the best. They look like the perfect length for you and add just the right amount of pizzaz!! Your jewelry box just grew substantially!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lookinagain - I will be thrilled to see any new pieces coming your way, any re-sets, or to hear of any paring back. We will end up the Massachusetts Bling Sisters! :) Seriously, though, I really appreciate restraint in collections like this, rather than random, piecemeal collections of pieces of all different quality. With age comes wisdom, as they say.

@ZestfullyBling - thank you for your kind comments! Yes, the stones in my avatar made up my original drop earrings (in platinum). I added the princess cuts and the rounds, the extra small round brilliants - and here I am! I decided a while back that the earrings were too short, and I had the right stones to add. At the same time, I decided to give myself a 'good' pair of earrings in YG, so switched out the metal. And I see your collection is going from strength to strength! Gorgeous! :wavey:

Hi @lissyflo! I agree - I think (or at least I hope!) it's a mark of maturity not to try to put out there all the most impressive stuff all the time. I look at celebrities, and I often think how exhausting it must be to try to look impressive all the time. I appreciate a more scaled down look, and well made staples say class, and restraint, and 'not having to try so hard' - all things I like very much and would like to reflect.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @arkieb1 - it's eally enjoyable, opening your jewelry box, and seeing only pieces you love and that you wear. I get a real kick out of it! Seems to intensify the pleasure of it. Or something like that. :)

Thanks, @Acinom - I have to say, that band is really doing it for me! Those baby AVRs sparkle like nothing else! I find your collection inspiring and would like to add a couple of colored pieces to my things. We'll see what the future brings - I think next up will be an oval.

@lknvrb4 thank you! I love its solidity. I can really feel it on my finger, and I like pieces like that. If I pay for them, I want to know I'm wearing them!! :)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey there, @yssie :wavey: Firstly, just let me say....YESSSSSS! Dog sized diamonds!! :) Altho if my new puppy doesn't stop biting soon, he will be a fond memory! (Ok, just kidding....)

The twist to the earrings is just the ay they're hanging. But your idea of allowing for angle-of-pierce is genius. My closest girlfriend has holes that barely face the front at *all*. They face outwards, so hoops, for instance, look like circles, front on. Sends her nuts. It would solve no end of problems for her if she could work out a way to make her holes 'face front!' I would think, tho, that it would have to be possible; uneven holes would be super annoying!

And - you've just finished new earrings? Wanna share? I'd love to see them! I'm not sure if you saw the Tiffany inspiration pic I posted - but that's where these earrings originated - that photo, and a complete inability to afford anything like the price of the Tiffany pair!

Here'a a photo of the backs....

20180318_101438_resized.jpg

This photo shows how they set the small rounds; the wires are criss-crossed, forming small baskets.

20180318_101457_resized.jpg

And just one more of the front for good measure. :)

20180318_101526_resized.jpg

And no worries re the auto-correct - this is not the first time nor the last I've been called m-2-b; I take it as a compliment. :)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And how awesome is this! I've always wanted jackets for my cushions and - as it turns out - the WhiteFlash jackets are a perfect fit! In fact, the cushions fit the jackets even better than the round. So - awesome score! Thanks, @DanDiAnDi!

And if anyone other than me is even vaguely interested in this - the cushions are both E colored, .61 and .62 ct, bezel set by DKJ in platinum. 20180318_101315_resized.jpg 20180318_101909_resized.jpg

20180318_105308_resized.jpg

20180318_101320_resized.jpg

20180318_101810_resized.jpg

20180318_101720_resized.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 - I'm so glad you like it! And I've always LOVED your remade wedder from DKJ - one of the prettiest rings on PS, in my opinion.

@ILikeShiny - I love the earrings, too. :) I posted a few extra photos above - including one of the back, which shows how beautifully made they are.

Thanks, @Platinum-blonde - I'll do my best! I've worn the band perpetually since I got it, and I absolutely love it! I'm not at all fond of the patina platinum develops, so I'll have to make a point of keeping it polished. :)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww - @LLJsmom - you're too sweet! I love your new VCA pieces, too! Congratulations and wear in good health!

Thanks, @MissGotRocks - I'm glad you like the length, as that was the point behind the re-set. I wore them out to dinner for Christmas and they were just lost in what I was wearing. So I decided a bit more va-va-VOOM was in order. Luckily, I had the stones to make it work. :)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And how awesome is this! I've always wanted jackets for my cushions and - as it turns out - the WhiteFlash jackets are a perfect fit! In fact, the cushions fit the jackets even better than the round. So - awesome score! Thanks, @DanDiAnDi!

And if anyone other than me is even vaguely interested in this - the cushions are both E colored, .61 and .62 ct, bezel set by DKJ in platinum. 20180318_101315_resized.jpg

Argh! I LOVE the cushions in those jackets. They look custom made. Perfect!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results