shape
carat
color
clarity

A DKJ trifecta of treats - diamond drops, AVR wedding ring and diamond stud!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today was a big jewelry delivery day! The yellow gold drop earrings, a platinum wedder with bezel set AVR's and a diamond stud...which is morphing into something more.

The 18kt yellow gold drops are *exactly* 3" long (lost of people asked about this) with 2 x .44 princess cuts, 2 x .3 pears, 2 x .32 EC's, 2 x .32 rounds and 2 x .5 pears. There is also 8 x 10 point round brilliant, and about 8pts of melee - 12 stones, each roughly 2/3 of a point. In total, that comes to 4.64ctw.

DKJPV_0309_ER-1.jpg

And the dreaded ear shot....

20180316_120402_HDR_resized-2.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Next up is my stud earring. In all my projects, I've had various diamonds left over. This is a .63 E VS1, Astor Ideal from BN. Well, ya can't just leave a stone THAT beautiful in a box! So DKJ set it into a platinum martini stud for me. I have asymmetric holes in my ears - 3 in one ear, 1 in the other. Most often, I wear 12mm South Sea pearl studs from Pearl Paradise. These overlap the second hole in the ear with three holes, but I still needed a hole for the outer hole (I hate holes in ears left empty!) It had to be a largish stud, to balance out the pearls, and the .63 did the trick!

A few weeks ago, I bought a pair of WF jackets from @DanDiAnDi. I was intending to dismantle them to use the stones in a halo. But seeing them, I noticed they are a perfect fit for the stud. So clearly, I need to buy a second stud and wear these as lovely every day earrings!

20180316_115653_resized.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today was a big jewelry delivery day! The yellow gold drop earrings, a platinum wedder with bezel set AVR's and a diamond stud...which is morphing into something more.

The 18kt yellow gold drops are *exactly* 3" long (lost of people asked about this) with 2 x .44 princess cuts, 2 x .3 pears, 2 x .32 EC's, 2 x .32 rounds and 2 x .5 pears. There is also 8 x 10 point round brilliant, and about 8pts of melee - 12 stones, each roughly 2/3 of a point. In total, that comes to 4.64ctw.

DKJPV_0309_ER-1.jpg

Ooh thank you for the ear shot. These earrings are perfect on you!:love: I love everything about these earrings. Wear in good health and blingy happiness!:appl:

I love your entire collection. Your taste is impeccable. :love:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lastly is my favorite piece. As I've gotten older, my tastes have changed. While I still love some serious blingage, my tastes in general have become more clean and calm, less tizzy. Plainer, really. So I wanted a plain platinum band - heavy, durable. I also had 2 3mm AVR's in my collection - D and E color respectively - and I decided to get them set into a new band - 3.5mm wide and 2.5mm thick! The ring weighs 9 grams, and is very smooth, heavy and comfy.

The idea of the 2 diamonds was that the ring would spin on my finger. It's meant to represent my DH and I, going through life together - moving around, having new views and experiences - but always doing these things together. Consequently, the diamonds were set close to each other - leaving not enough room for anyone else to insert themselves between us - always in touch with each other, always together.

The ring is my favorite piece that arrived today; I love it!

Special thanks to DKJ for all their patience and expertise. These are quality pieces, made well, to last a lifetime. You can't beat that!

If you click on the photos so they enlarge, you get a clearer picture of the AVRs.

20180316_115755_resized.jpg 20180316_115823_resized.jpg

And lastly - one blurry photo, focussed on the back of the ring. Look at the weight of that band! And so smooth and easy to wear! Beautiful.

20180316_115748_resized.jpg

That's all for now! :wavey:

Last edited:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b the earrings are truly beautiful and hang so gracefully on your ears, just perfect!
Very smart of you to make a stud and yes to the 2nd one for the jackets, definitely a great everyday pair.
And that band, how special!!! I hope you enjoy every minute you wear each piece.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All very yummy & perfect. Love the notion behind that ring - it feels very special :love:

It seems my adoption papers from @PintoBean are taking quite a while to come through, so maybe you could jump in there & take me whilst I'm free?!!? :mrgreen2:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely selection!

I like that you've managed to get a whole range of different cuts into the earrings - plenty of different characteristics to enjoy! :)

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

DKJPV_0309_ER-1.jpg

I absolutely LOVE these on you @mrs-b!!!! They are gorgeous!!! :love::love::love: I would stop dead in my tracks if I saw these on someone! I truly do love your entire collection!!!!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the special meaning of your band, too! It's beautiful! I've said this to you before but I think it's great how much thought you put into each and every piece!!

chappy

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Those are fun earrings! It'd look lovely as a pendant too. So very unique!

Nice story about the ring and the two diamonds, really lovely piece.

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

DKJPV_0309_ER-1.jpg

Amazing! Thanks for sharing. I love your simple band and the earrings seam like they will be so fun to wear!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Earrings are to die for. CONGRATS:love:

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Mrs-b your pieces are all beautiful; what lovely earrings - so unusual, the diamond stud - exquisite but the band and your beautiful explanation... I am not a sentimental person but it was pleasure to read.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such lovely new pieces, MrsB!!!!:love: The earrings are so pretty in yg!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The earrings are gorgeous as expected and I love the meaning behind the band. Oh, and nice earring too, lol.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow! That was some delivery you got! What beautiful pieces!! Enjoy them!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The earrings are gorgeous as expected and I love the meaning behind the band. Oh, and nice earring too, lol.

That made me laugh! I know - I'm kinda 'one earring short of pair' here, aren't I!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
amazing, amazing, and oh, amazing!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Saw these on IG yesterday, knew they were yours.. they look absolutely stunning in your ear mrs-b.. awesome.. gorgeous!

DKJPV_0309_ER-1.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fun day! My favorite is the drop earrings!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a couple of hand shots of the platinum wedder.

20180316_134156_resized.jpg

20180316_134137_resized.jpg

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All beautiful as always. I adore the YG drop/dangle earrings....just gorgeous and so interesting. I think the band is my favorite too :roll2:. I love, love, love non-fussy, easy to wear, clean pieces and this band is all those things. My favorite is how you assign such beautiful sentiment to your pieces so that they go beyond just a thing. Thank you for sharing!!

Gabbycat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
They all look fantastic, but I love how the dangles turned out. Just an overall fun, interesting, beautiful work of art that you get to wear on your ears. Enjoy!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All beautiful as always. I adore the YG drop/dangle earrings....just gorgeous and so interesting. I think the band is my favorite too :roll2:. I love, love, love non-fussy, easy to wear, clean pieces and this band is all those things. My favorite is how you assign such beautiful sentiment to your pieces so that they go beyond just a thing. Thank you for sharing!!

@JDDN - my birthday is in June. At the end of June I'm planning to have a 'collection photo shoot'. I should have another 4 or 5 pieces done by then. After that, I'll only have 3 to go, but they won't be till next year. A lot of what I'm doing are resets; as I've gotten older, and have more disposable income to throw at this, and as my tastes have changed, I've been upgrading a lot of things. At the moment, I'm doing a solitaire with DKJ, an earring re-set, as well as re-setting my diamond pear pendant. I'm doing 2 pairs of earrings for my birthday - plain gold hoops - one rose and one yellow, of the specific size I like, with the sort of closure I like and the weight I like. Most hoop earrings are flimsy and break with the slightest provocation. I've spent money recently upgrading my day to day things; for instance my new pearl SS earrings and my plain bands and bangles. They're not glitzy at all - most of them have no diamonds - but they're all custom and well made and will last me for the rest of my life. I like things like that.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love ALL of them! Really, really love that platinum band. Perfection!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. It sure is a big jewelry day. Love everything but especially the band. I get liking the simpler things as you get older. I feel the same way. Wear them all in good health mrs-b!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. It sure is a big jewelry day. Love everything but especially the band. I get liking the simpler things as you get older. I feel the same way. Wear them all in good health mrs-b!

Laughing here, @Lookinagain - I was just commenting on your new crossover ring! GORGEOUS!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. Wow. And. Wow! I just love everything. I was especially moved by your lovely band 'story.' How sweet and sentimental, and yumm, to that chunk of platinum :lickout:
The dangle earrings are so delightful and interesting. I just want to gaze at and admire each shape! Love them all! What a treat!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my @mrs-b Those earrings are the best thing I have ever seen, WOW!!! I just adore them!!! And I adore the significance of your new band, it's perfect

MonkeysInk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oh, wow, those earrings are fabulous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results