shape
carat
color
clarity

A Diamond and Blue Enamel "Egg" Pendant by the New Fabergé

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Fabergé were the world renown jewelers to the Czar of Russia. The family had to flee Russia during the communist revolution and lost control of their name to an American perfume manufacturer. :eek-2: However in 2008 the family was able to regain the rights to use their name for jewelry, and teamed up with a German master jeweler to reinvent the Fabergé brand of jewelry. To be honest I'm not sure how much hands on involvement the Fabergé family has with this new endeavor, but it sure makes for a great story on their website :)

I thought this might be a good time to show off the bright and sparkly Fabergé pendant DW found at an estate jewelry store late last year. It's a 4.30ctw egg shaped diamond and blue enamel pendant by the new Fabergé. The egg measures 25x19mm and the workmanship is superb. It is marked 24/25 so likely it's part of a limited edition.

Diamond Bombe Egg Pendant 21.jpg

The back side of the pendant is a gorgeous deep blue enamel.

Diamond Bombe Egg Pendant 23.jpg

The front side consists of 4.30ctw of E/F, VVS diamonds that sparkle like crazy. I have to take photos in deep shade otherwise the light reflection just blinds the camera.

Diamond Bombe Egg Pendant 2.jpg

This is the best photo showing how the individual diamonds can sparkle depending upon their angle to the light source.

Diamond Bombe Egg Pendant 3.jpg

A neck shot

Diamond Bombe Egg Pendant 1.jpg

This is what happens if DW doesn't turn away from the light when I'm taking a photo. :mrgreen2:

Diamond Bombe Egg Pendant 11.jpg

Last edited:

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
WOW, stunning! Did you and your DW purchase it??

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great photos!!! What a wonderful and unique piece. You wear it well!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow :appl:
If its yours? - good for you :appl:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowzers! She clearly has an eye for the unique! And I have to add that looks pretty heavy. Is it heavy??

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is incredible! She also wears it very well. Thanks for sharing that with us.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it’s beautiful

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
WOW, stunning! Did you and your DW purchase it??

Great photos!!! What a wonderful and unique piece. You wear it well!

Wow :appl:
If its yours? - good for you :appl:

Wowzers! She clearly has an eye for the unique! And I have to add that looks pretty heavy. Is it heavy??

That is incredible! She also wears it very well. Thanks for sharing that with us.

Wow, it’s beautiful

Thank you for all your kind words!

Yes, the pendant is ours. The price was right and DW could not walk away from such a beautiful piece. We often find in estate and consignment jewelry stores that pendants and brooches are priced much more competitively than rings. Maybe that's why DW has so many pendants....we are too cheap to buy the rings! :lol-2:

The pendant only weighs 19.5 grams so it's not heavy at all. Unfortunately it doesn't open up like one of the Fabergé eggs made for the Czar. For sure it's hollow and there are no treasures hidden inside. ;))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous pendant, and it can be hung from a strand of pearls too, very versatile!

DK :kiss2:

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous pendant, and it can be hung from a strand of pearls too, very versatile!

You have very sharp eyes! :)

Yes, the bale does open up so the egg can be used as an enhancer. Certainly on a string of pearls or even on a diamond necklace. Maybe blue side out on the diamond necklace?

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is amazing!

collier

Shiny_Rock
Wow! That is stunning I love both sides. Your collection of pendants is truly in a league of its own. Well done.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is amazing!

Just beautiful!

Thank you!

Wow! That is stunning I love both sides. Your collection of pendants is truly in a league of its own. Well done.

Thank you. DW hasn't yet worn it with the blue enamel side out, she doesn't want oils from her skin to get onto the diamond side. I guess that will have to wait until she wears a top that buttons up high.

I definitely think we now have more than enough pendants! The problem is DW is much more attracted to the larger pieces, and they are always pendants, or brooches that she converts to pendants.

There is one exception though, she was able to coax a rather large yellow sapphire onto her finger. =)2

Yellow Sapphire and Marquise Diamond Ring 10.jpg

Last edited:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!!! Gorgeous pieces. The egg is stunning and that ring isn't too bad either!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about convertible ring-pendant settings? They are usually quite large.

DK :Up_to_something:

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi @prs what a fun find! The chain does not look like the current faberge, I do not see an egg on the clasp. I think this piece might be from the time that it was owned by Riklis or maybe Victor Mayer.
It would be fun to try and search out what year it was made so you can track which Faberge made your necklace.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, another incredible pendant prs!! It's stunning.

Reactions: prs

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How about convertible ring-pendant settings? They are usually quite large.

DK :Up_to_something:

We actually asked Amy at David Klass to make a ringdant for us last year. They already had a ringdant design so it seemed like the project would be plain sailing. The design, as is typical for ringdants, requires the bottom of the basket to rest on, and interlock with, the ring shank. We had just about finished the CADs when we realized that for our stone, an 8.18ct hot pink tourmaline pear, the bottom of the basket was too small compared to the top. This would have made the whole thing top heavy when worn as a pendant, and it would have been continually rolling over and lying on its side. However when we increased the size of the bottom of the basket to stabilize the pendant we lost contact with the ring shank.

To cut a long story short Amy and her team of master jewelers had to totally invent a brand new ringdant design. It took awhile but it was certainly worth all the effort. DW ended up with an absolutely fabulous ringdant, and DKJ ended up with a design that would work for just about any size and shape of stone a customer should choose to send them. :dance::dance::dance:

2 Hot Pink Ringdant 1.jpg 2 Hot Pink Ringdant 11.jpg

Last edited:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@prs of course, silly me in forgetting that gorgeous ring-pendant that is your avatar, DOH!!!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi @prs what a fun find! The chain does not look like the current faberge, I do not see an egg on the clasp. I think this piece might be from the time that it was owned by Riklis or maybe Victor Mayer.
It would be fun to try and search out what year it was made so you can track which Faberge made your necklace.

Hi @cokitty the pendant didn't have a chain when we bought it, we had to add our chain. In fact we found the piece lying on a shelf in a dimly lit cabinet, that's why it was still there waiting for us. :mrgreen2:

The only mark on the inside of the clasp is a 750. However on the girdle that separates the diamonds from the enamel there are marks FABERGÉ, 24/25, 18Kt, GERMANY, and a hexagon with a V inside.

I'm thinking this all points to Victor Mayer as the maker. Do you agree, and does this give you any clues as to the year it was made? Any help much appreciated.

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
So gorgeous and striking!! And love her Rolex as well - great taste/style all around!!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So gorgeous and striking!! And love her Rolex as well - great taste/style all around!!

Thank you, and well spotted on the Rolex!

Sorry if this is turning into a Show me DW's Treasures thread, but my excuse is we are in the "Show Me the Bling" forum. :mrgreen2: Not only have DW and I been locked down for almost a month, we've had half our annual rainfall in the last three days! So no gardening for me, and nothing else to do but dive into PriceScope. PS don't worry too much about the rainfall, we live in a desert and only average 5.9 inches per year!

We spotted this 26mm Ladies Rolex President at an auction preview. The estimate was very competitive because the bracelet was so small it had likely been adjusted to fit a child, and the missing links had been lost. Anyway we spent the next few days visiting Rolex dealers and trying to determine how to tell fakes from the real thing. We were able to determine, with reasonable certainty, the the watch was genuine Rolex with factory diamond dial, diamond bezel, and diamond lugs, so that gave us the confidence to bid.

We were successful at the auction and as we happened to be visiting David Klass shortly afterwards, we asked if he might know where we could get the missing links. Not only did he say he could source the links, but he sent us to a watchmaker friend of his downstairs in his building who specialized in servicing Rolex. A week later four additional links had been installed, the Rolex had been serviced, and it had been polished so it looked brand new

Here's one of the auction "before" photos.

Vendor 3.jpg

and here are my not quite so good "after" photos, taken in a very dimly lit restaurant.

26mm Rolex 2.jpg 26mm Rolex 4.jpg

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is a great thread
The rain really has been a bonus

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
I love that you find such lovely items at auction and at estate jewelry stores--you clearly have quite the eye!
Tell us about that beautiful pearl ring in the photo of the watch!
I am really envious of your sleuthing abilities.

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, and well spotted on the Rolex!

Sorry if this is turning into a Show me DW's Treasures thread, but my excuse is we are in the "Show Me the Bling" forum. :mrgreen2:

We spotted this 26mm Ladies Rolex President at an auction preview...

That is so cool, you are very successful treasure hunters!! And I love how invested you are in the bling hunt for your wife, that is equally as great as the gems you’ve found!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great thread!! All the pieces are very luxurious and chique. Yet super wearable. The egg is just gorgeous. So skillfully made

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results