shape
carat
color
clarity

Any minimalists on PS? Plain band lovers unite!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Island

Rough_Rock
I love to look at all the beautiful diamonds here on PS and on other people''s hands, but personally, i just LOVE the look of an engagement ring paired with a plain wedding band. I recently became engaged and have tried on several different styles of diamonds bands with my RB solitaire, but nothing warms my heart like the look of a simple, plain minimalistic band. I especially love to see them on their own as well, so if anyone has any shots of either (with the e-ring or just on its own) it would really appreciate it if you could post them.

Plain band lovers unite!
36.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love plain bands! Here is mine. The band is 14K WG 3mm milgrain.

whompaband1.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a shot of the band with my three stone

whompaband2.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Different view, inside lighting

whompaband3.jpg

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Diamond*Dana your rings looks great together
30.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/12/2008 12:53:20 PM
Author: poshpepper
Diamond*Dana your rings looks great together
30.gif
Thank you poshpepper
2.gif
!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am, I am!

I actually mentioned to my husband that I knew I wanted a plain 2 mm platinum pipe cut wedding band with my e-ring and he designed it accordingly.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
And a couple of additional pics from our honeymoon in Nevis.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
And one more . . .

original.aspx

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
I agree completely. Simple, but not plain is what I''m looking for. Having changed my mind a number of times, I keep coming back to this combination, although we haven''t actually ordered anything yet.

Vatche Royal Crown & possible band.jpg

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
OK, I'll play!

This is my original wedding band from 20 years ago. It was made to fit under the head of my (lost) sapphire. But it means far more to me than any upgrade!
1.gif

It tucks in a bit underneath my new 3-stone ring because it's REALLY narrow (maybe just over 1mm), but I don't mind that at all. It leaves me options to stack other rings in between without interfering with more ornate settings.

Diamond Dana, by the way, I love the combination of your 3-stone and WB! lovely.

One thing I have noticed here on PS, is the tendency to gravitate towards rather ornate diamond pave or shared prong eternity rings as WB: I think sometimes (picture this: cleaning toilets, scrubbing floors, changing the oil in your car!!) that those may be a touch impractical. Hence, I would recommend a plain WB which always stays on your hand, then dress it up with additional rings....just my $0.02 worth....

LostSapphire15.jpg

Island

Rough_Rock
Beautiful ladies!! I love them!

Diamond Dana i LOVE your plain band...i''ve never considered a milgrain band before, always thought it more suited men''s rings, but yours i lovely and i love how it looks on its own also!

KEEP ''EM COMING!!
30.gif

rms

Brilliant_Rock
There was a similar thread here ...check it out.

here is my band again. 22K gold from Lebanon. This ring is about 40 years old and was my mother's wedding band. I also have my dad's matching band. I also have my Jaffe diamond ering and 2 matching diamond bands that I wear. But I wear this plain band most days.

rmsband3.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to say ditto to LostSapphire''s suggestion that even if someone plans on a diamond band to also get a plain band. Because there certainly are times you don''t want to wear diamonds or risk losing or damaging them! For a long time, I wore a diamond band on one side of my e-ring and a plain band on the other.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here's my wedding band. We're not married yet so I don't really wear it but I will as of next summer. I think the band is 2.7 mm and it's slightly curved. My engagement ring has s a trellis setting and I think the curve in the band is supposed to protect the prongs and/or diamonds. ETA: It's funny how wide the band looks in this pic (not the greatest quality, I know). In real life, it's the perfect width for me -- not super thin but not overwhelming. The size of both rings is 4.75. I'll see if I can find the pictures from WF.

curvedband.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ll play! This is as plain as it gets. 14K WG 3.5mm

By itself.

NWR4845.JPG

With its buddy.
NWR4981.JPG

Diamond Dana, I LOVE your band!!

And Island, I agree, there is something so simple, yet classic about a plain band with an ering.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s a pic of the band by itself. To be honest, I wasn''t crazy about a plain band but that''s what was recommended to us. Seeing the rings together now makes me happy and I really like it.

curviness.JPG

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Here''s my plain band - 4mm "Park Ave" in wg from eweddingbands.com. DH gave it to me for Christmas - it''s a perfect match to his band (his is 5.5 mm) and I''d been wanting a plain band to wear for working out, traveling, cooking, sweatshirt days, whatever. I love the classic look of a simple band alone.
1.gif

elplainband3.jpg

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
P.S. to previous:

My plain band has never left my hand. The eternity rings come and go as my mood changes.

I dunno, there''s something that just says "seriously married" about a plain wedding band...so I never travel without mine.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2008 8:37:24 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
Here''s a pic of the band by itself. To be honest, I wasn''t crazy about a plain band but that''s what was recommended to us. Seeing the rings together now makes me happy and I really like it.
Me too, very fluid looking zoe.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/12/2008 7:54:48 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Here''s mine.. :) Its a 3mm heavy comfort fit band.

(btw, DD, your nails are gorgeous.. it makes me want to run out and have mine done. Just really classic)
Thank you SDL! I actually just had them done yesterday after not doing them for over a year...I could not stand my short raggedy nails anymore
14.gif
!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/12/2008 8:49:57 PM
Author: LostSapphire
P.S. to previous:

My plain band has never left my hand. The eternity rings come and go as my mood changes.

I dunno, there''s something that just says ''seriously married'' about a plain wedding band...so I never travel without mine.
I fell the same way!

All of you ladies have such pretty rings and bands
36.gif
!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
you guys are making me jealous!!!!

Since my diamond wedding band is getting oh so tight on my pregnant hand, I may just ****need**** to buy a ''pregnancy'' band, and plain sounds pretty good right now!!

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/12/2008 11:29:50 PM
Author: Sophie
you guys are making me jealous!!!!

Since my diamond wedding band is getting oh so tight on my pregnant hand, I may just ****need**** to buy a ''pregnancy'' band, and plain sounds pretty good right now!!

Oh, poor Sophie!! I hated being pregnant (although I did not suffer swelling hands, thank goodness).

Ladies, you have such lovely rings. I love a plain wedding band - so classic. You can dress it up or down. It never takes away from the beauty of your ering or other ring that pairs with it. Just classic.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Here''s my oval three stone with a 2mm white gold band and a less than 1mm faceted rose gold band(for a hint of color). I love wearing the 2 thin bands alone--super simple.

ovalbands.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Sorry--the previous was way too big--
as is this one-sheesh!

ovalbands2.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
figured out the whole sizing thing--Finally!

plainbands.jpg

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/12/2008 8:24:47 PM
Author: Ellen
I''ll play! This is as plain as it gets. 14K WG 3.5mm

By itself.

NWR4845.JPG

With its buddy.
NWR4981.JPG

Diamond Dana, I LOVE your band!!

And Island, I agree, there is something so simple, yet classic about a plain band with an ering.

Ellen, i love your band! What is your ring size? Also, is this a domed band ?
emotion-5.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2008 2:02:14 AM
Date: 1/12/2008 8:49:57 PM
Author: LostSapphire

P.S. to previous:

I dunno, there''s something that just says ''seriously married'' about a plain wedding band...so I never travel without mine.
Its funny you should say that. I believe the only time my wedding band has come off my finger since our wedding day was when it had to be sized down once more after the wedding. I got it back the same day.
snicker.gif
This is why I''m feelin bummed out lately: plain bands don''t seem to "go," yet a really want a never-leaves-my-finger wedding ring. Boo hoo.

Anyway, OP, here are some other "plain bands" threads for reference:
Show me your Diamond e-ring settings + plain bands
Show me handshots of...
wedding bands - no diamonds allowed!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/13/2008 2:07:38 AM
Date: 1/12/2008 8:19:59 PM

Author: ZoeBartlett

Here''s my wedding band. We''re not married yet so I don''t really wear it but I will as of next summer. I think the band is 2.7 mm and it''s slightly curved. My engagement ring has s a trellis setting and I think the curve in the band is supposed to protect the prongs and/or diamonds. ETA: It''s funny how wide the band looks in this pic (not the greatest quality, I know). In real life, it''s the perfect width for me -- not super thin but not overwhelming. The size of both rings is 4.75. I''ll see if I can find the pictures from WF.

Its gorgeous!!!

I think it is quite unusual and very pretty, while remaining simple. The band definitely adds something to the engagement ring; it complements it beautifully!

Deborah
34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results