shape
carat
color
clarity

Any minimalists on PS? Plain band lovers unite!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/13/2008 2:11:04 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Date: 1/12/2008 8:24:47 PM

Author: Ellen

I''ll play! This is as plain as it gets. 14K WG 3.5mm

By itself.

And Island, I agree, there is something so simple, yet classic about a plain band with an ering.

I love your set Ellen.

So do I. It is extremely elegant.

Deborah
34.gif

Island

Rough_Rock
Wow Ellen! I LOVE your set...it is the epitome of a classic wedding set (not to mention it is exactly what ill be wearing come August 8th!!). I especially love how the band looks on its own. My set will be yellow gold, which i know is not the usual these days but, i love how it looks against my complexion!

The rest of you ladies have beautiful rings also, and i''m thoroughly enjoying looking at all these plain bands!
18.gif
More!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I love plain wedding bands!! I have my diamond band soldered to my e-ring, but when I''m not wearing my wedding set, I wear a 3mm heavy comfort fit plain wedding band, that has our names and wedding date engraved on the inside
30.gif
Love it!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the compliments Ellen, SDL, and AGBF! I love your bands (and erings) too!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you ALL for the compliments, my rings are blushing.
5.gif

Sophie, I wear a 5.5. And yes, it''s slightly domed.

Island, I would wear YG IF it looked good on me, but it doesn''t agree with my skin tone near as well as WG does. So I totally understand you choosing it!

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
here''s my e-ring with one band. i usually wear it with the two but i was switching it up this day. the next pic shows how i usually do it :) sorry the second one is so dark.

one band.JPG

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
here it is with two. as i said, sorry it''s so dark :)

two bands.JPG

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/13/2008 2:06:17 AM

They''re beautiful. Pink and whites, right? I love this look. Silly, but it just has such a way of making hands elegant. My husband likes your rings, too.
9.gif
Thank you again SDL...and thank Mr. SDL for me (or would he be SanDiegoMan
9.gif
)...Everytime I see your ring I can''t help but think that I would love mine with 2 sapphire sides
30.gif
!
Mine are not the pink & white acrylic, just polish and airbrush. I have had the pink & white in the past and I totally forgot about them when I went this time...those are so low maintenance!

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/12/2008 8:05:12 PM

Date: 1/12/2008 2:12:15 PM
Author: ButterBean
I agree completely. Simple, but not plain is what I''m looking for. Having changed my mind a number of times, I keep coming back to this combination, although we haven''t actually ordered anything yet.
BB that''s a beautiful combination! I loooove that royal crown setting and I love the mix of white and yellow golds. Very pretty and elegant!!
Why, thank you San Diego Lady! To me, they just look like they belong together, and I do like two tone. I don''t recall where I saw this one, but it shouldn''t be too hard to find again. I think the proposal will be coming around Valentine''s Day, so unless something else catches my eye before then......

BB

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Mr. Surfgirl got me a plain platinum 3mm wband (Tiffany Lucida band) for Xmas so I would have a "real" wedding band for when I travel out of the country since I mentioned that I wasn't sure I wanted to wear my antique wband when I'm on assignment. I was laughing reading this thread because we both said after I put on this ring "wow, I look really MARRIED now, dont I?!?" Whoever said nothing says MARRIED like a plain wband, totally agree!

Here it my new wband by itself. I love the simplicity of it.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m just about to update my e-ring thread with photos of my wedding band but here''s a quick pic of them now. My e-ring is a Tiffany lucida and the wedding band is the lucida 3mm.

beeloverings.jpg

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Aww bee, we have matching wbands now! Do you love it? It looks great with your ering...

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2008 5:06:05 PM
Author: surfgirl
Aww bee, we have matching wbands now! Do you love it? It looks great with your ering...

I just noticed that now when I was reading through the posts! It looks great on your finger
30.gif
.I do adore it. When we were getting my ring in July I tried on the eternity lucida bands but I preferred this look for my wedding set. I can''t get over how comfortable it is to wear-I''ve been wearing it around the house for most of the day as it''s being out back in it''s box in a little while. I agree with you about how "married" you look when you wear the plain band
3.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the same one I have as well (not sure whether I'm keeping it yet--love it SO much alone, not as much with my ring)!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2008 6:56:17 PM
Author: musey

This is the same one I have as well (not sure whether I''m keeping it yet--love it SO much alone, not as much with my ring)!

That''s a pity that it doesn''t suit your e-ring. Would you consider doing what surfgirl is doing and keep the lucida to wear when you can''t wear your e-ring and wedding band?

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yeah musey, my plain wband doesn''t look so hot with my ering at all. I got it to wear when I''m doing sports or gardening or traveling out of the country. I think a wband similar to mine (the antique one) might look lovely with your ering...but I now really like having the plain one for when I just dont want to worry about my rings.
31.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Ditto, Surfgirl. I have the plain 3mm milgrain plat. w-band from Tiffany's, and I love it. I think I wear it more often than my wedding set!!!
3.gif

I just love the look of a plain band, plus I am obsessed with keeping my e-ring and diamond w-band clean and perfect.
37.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
musey, I love the plain band on your hand...but I see your point with the ering. Your ering is a bit too delicate so the Lucida band looks a bit heavy next to it..Same problem I had...I didn't get my wband at SS...when I went there, they seem to mostly have repro settings and I wanted an original so I just usually comb the internet and estate shops. But if you dont mind a repro setting, I think SS can put in vintage stones or single cuts...

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2008 11:29:50 PM
Author: Sophie
you guys are making me jealous!!!!

Since my diamond wedding band is getting oh so tight on my pregnant hand, I may just ****need**** to buy a ''pregnancy'' band, and plain sounds pretty good right now!!
Sophie - I had to do that. Bought a plain gold band during the first pregancy, got back into my wedding set after our son was born, but ended up wearing the ''pregnancy'' band permanently after the second child. I have other pretty rings now, but that plain gold band remains the standby for camping, cleaning, gardening, flying.....

Best of luck with the little one!
35.gif

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I just love plain bands with e-rings. Not sure why. I plan on getting the Tiffany knife-edge in platinum to go with my e-ring. I think it looks classic with the e-ring, and by itself.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Here is the plain gold band along with a 0.50 ct green diamond ring that I got to wear with it last summer. For years, until I got my 25th anniversary upgrade, I wore the plain ring either alone, or in combination with the channel set half-eternity band I got for our 15th wedding anniversary.

PS03IMG_1727a.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am loving all of these bands...gorgeous ladies!
I posted my anniversary three stone with a plain band, but I forgot to post my original set! So here it is...this is my original e-ring, .62ct I SI1 pear in a knife edge solitaire setting. My wedding band is a 4mm heavy dome band, both are 14K YG. I do still wear this set most days, and I switch to the anniversary bling on the days that I want white metal.

**These pictures were taken in my kitchen with awful lighting! I assure you that my rings nor my hand is this yellow IRL**

origpear97.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
35.gif

origpearset97.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
emotion-19.gif

origpearband97.jpg

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2008 9:52:15 PM
Author: musey
Date: 1/14/2008 7:12:39 PM

Yeah musey, my plain wband doesn''t look so hot with my ering at all. I got it to wear when I''m doing sports or gardening or traveling out of the country. I think a wband similar to mine (the antique one) might look lovely with your ering...but I now really like having the plain one for when I just dont want to worry about my rings.
31.gif

I agree
9.gif
Did you get it at singlestone? I''ve been putting off going, mostly because I know I''ll probably fall in love with something while I''m there, and I''m NOT ready to plunk cash down on a ring yet!

Bee, I''m planning to keep it. I''ll be married with it if finances aren''t comfy enough as we get closer to warrant spending money on a diamond band (darn writer''s strike!). Even if I get a diamond band for the wedding, I still don''t think I''ll be able to bring myself to sell the lucida. It''s just too darn pretty! I''ll keep it for a backup band and/or rhr.

ETA: OH! I totally forgot that even though it may not be ''the'' band, it''s still a plain band, and I can post pics
9.gif
So here you go OP, another 3mm lucida to add to the pile...

IMG_1043.JPG

IMG_1045.JPG

It does look lovely on your finger but I do see what you mean with your e-ring. I love how low it sits.

Island

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/14/2008 11:42:19 PM
Author: Diamond*Dana
emotion-19.gif

Once again Diamond Dana....I LOVE IT!! Would love to see that yellow gold band on its own if you had time...

Oh i
30.gif
all these bands ladies, thank you! Sometimes i tend to stray and think...maybe i should get a blingy band, but you guys have totally convinced me...Plain and simple is the way to go for me!

louisvgirl

Shiny_Rock
Ladies, all over your wedding bands are just so beautiful. They''re simple and elegant. They definitely say "married". Just love them.
19.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Plain wedding bands are simple, timeless, elegant, and perfect for the busy life of a young wife and mother. They look just as great on my aging hands as well.

I remember those busy years so well. Changing diapers, feeding the baby, fooling with Play-Doh while wearing micropave and a 2 ct diamond, well, I just can''t imagine doing that. Guess it wasn''t my style.
20.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/15/2008 2:19:07 PM
Author: Island

Date: 1/14/2008 11:42:19 PM
Author: Diamond*Dana
emotion-19.gif

Once again Diamond Dana....I LOVE IT!! Would love to see that yellow gold band on its own if you had time...

Oh i
30.gif
all these bands ladies, thank you! Sometimes i tend to stray and think...maybe i should get a blingy band, but you guys have totally convinced me...Plain and simple is the way to go for me!
Thank you!!!
I know that I have posted it before...I can''t find the thread and my camera batteries have pooped out
39.gif

alyson423

Rough_Rock
Hi there- I also have a 2mm pipe-cut plain band (pic in my avatar). I love diamond bands, but for my "permanent" band I wanted something that would: 1) make my e-ring pop; and 2) withstand the Style Rollercoaster over decades. It was also important to DH that our bands match as much as possible (his band is a 7 mm pipe cut), and I couldn't resist such a sentimental request. For the days I want to be "flashy," I have a 1 ct. Signed Pieces sapphire eternity band and/or a .30 diamond half-eternity band (2 pointers) that I wear on my right hand. (You can probably tell that "flashy" isn't really me.)

Love all the pictures- they show how a plain-band set can really reflect an individual's style as well as more ornate sets. More please!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results