shape
carat
color
clarity

Any minimalists on PS? Plain band lovers unite!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ejsarkar

Shiny_Rock
Here's mine. The band is only 2.5mm but it looks huge in the pic! My husband didn't like the fact that the band only cost $40 but I thought it was perfect-- the sentimental value and symbolism are priceless.
1.gif
That said, I think the plain band works well with my 3-stone ering. I haven't found a diamond band that looks right with it.

eringwwb2.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/16/2008 11:56:09 AM
Author: alyson423
It was also important to DH that our bands match as much as possible (his band is a 7 mm pipe cut), and I couldn''t resist such a sentimental request.
My DH told me to get whatever I wanted, and I tried on plain bands, bands with diamonds, wraps...etc. I was the one that wanted us to have matching bands, he was fine either way...to this day (almost 11 years later), it still makes me smile knowing that we have matching bands
30.gif
. Not to mention, the plain band looked the best to me!

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
I just love the plain wedding bands. Its to timeless and classic. I think this is the avenue I want to take, then add anniversary bands to wear as well.

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
I too love the look of a simple plain wedding band. I''m also part of the Lucida platinum 3mm club! I normally wear the band by itself when I am not wearing my e-ring:

JFO_Band 001_Small.jpg

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Here it is with my e-ring. As I mentioned before, I don''t wear them together typically. The funny part is that it''s not my original wedding band (I purchased it from SP after we got married) and the platinum is still sooo shiny, especially compared to my e-ring.

JFO_Band 004_Small.jpg

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Last picture... this one is of me wearing my mom''s original wedding band. It''s 14k yellow gold... I think around 4mm.

Jewelry 028_Small.jpg

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
What a great thread! More please.
36.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Here's mine with my ering. 3.5 mm pipe cut with hand engraved profiles!
smtrmerc9.gif

And again with my sterling tiffany Perreti sapphire
forfreke2.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve started wearing my original yellow gold wedding band since my platinum ring went back for my upgrade. Its like wearing a comfy pair of slippers!!
9.gif

Its 3mm 9ct gold with a touch of rare welsh gold in it. Its got the word ''Cariad'' engraved inside, which is welsh for darling or sweetheart.

maisiewedring1.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is the engraving...

maisiewedring2.jpg

areagirlsbestfriend

Rough_Rock
thank god for this thread! i''m in the process of getting ideas for a w-band. I have a D''Vatch x prong "inspired" setting for my e-ring. I originally wanted a channel set diamond band (more sparklies!) but now I''m seriously considering just going the plain comfort fit route. I was considering the Lucida band from Tiffany, as my ring resembles that e-ring mount (excpet I have a RB diamond).

Ellen, your ring is basically exactly what mine looks like .. my stone is a 1.45 and I''m a 4 1/2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE how your rings look together. I think you just officially sold me on getting a plain band =) THANKS!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay! Glad my pics could help.
36.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree, I love Ellen''s set
30.gif
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
DD, thank you!

And area, thank you too! In my excitement for you, I forgot to say that.
5.gif

areagirlsbestfriend

Rough_Rock
haha, you''re welcome Ellen!

I really do love how it looks .. I haven''t tried any on yet, but I''m hoping to take a trip to Tiffany''s soon .. my e-ring setting isn''t "name brand" and that''s totally OK with me, but because I''m deciding to forgo the extra diamonds in the band (mostly to save money, but now b/c I really think a plan band will look so nice thanks to your pics!), I kind of want a Tiffany wedding band. Ugh, that makes me shallow huh? haha. Did you try on any Lucida''s or did you just go with something you found in a jewelry store?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2008 2:27:06 PM
Author: areagirlsbestfriend
haha, you're welcome Ellen!

I really do love how it looks .. I haven't tried any on yet, but I'm hoping to take a trip to Tiffany's soon .. my e-ring setting isn't 'name brand' and that's totally OK with me, but because I'm deciding to forgo the extra diamonds in the band (mostly to save money, but now b/c I really think a plan band will look so nice thanks to your pics!), I kind of want a Tiffany wedding band. Ugh, that makes me shallow huh? haha. Did you try on any Lucida's or did you just go with something you found in a jewelry store?
No, didn't try any on first. I just went to a jewelry store and picked the cheapest one, that went. lol This isn't my forever setting, so I didn't want to spend much.

But if you want a Tiffany band, that doesn't make you shallow. Get what you want.
2.gif

BTW, just another thought, and one that I personally would consider seriously, were I keeping this forever (or if I change my mind and keep this set), is getting WF's Scattered Diamond band in the 3mm size. Have you seen my PS gift thread? There are pics of my ring with the 5mm (that I took for this very reason, just to show what it looked like) which I got for a RHR. Let me know if you haven't seen it and I'll link you.

areagirlsbestfriend

Rough_Rock
link link link!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I love that we are e-ring twins .. any others out there? I''ve really been trying to figure out what to pair it with, I honestly don''t see a lot of people with settings like.

What is your dream "forever" set? I really wanted a halo, but FI wanted a solitare, so this is what I got ... don''t get me wrong, I LOVE it, but I think one day very far down the road I will probably put my stone in a halo.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Mine

plain band KIM.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2008 3:20:38 PM
link link link!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I love that we are e-ring twins .. any others out there? I've really been trying to figure out what to pair it with, I honestly don't see a lot of people with settings like.

What is your dream 'forever' set? I really wanted a halo, but FI wanted a solitare, so this is what I got ... don't get me wrong, I LOVE it, but I think one day very far down the road I will probably put my stone in a halo.
Here ya go! Pics of band are just on first page.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-wf-scattered-diamond-band-present.78931/

I am literally getting ready to walk out the door, so I'll wait til I have time to respond appropriately to post. See ya later!
35.gif

kmcq

Rough_Rock
mine is a reaaalllllllly thin plain pink gold band.

band3.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2008 4:52:58 PM
Author: kmcq
mine is a reaaalllllllly thin plain pink gold band.

Hey we're pinky twinkies!

I love plain bands. I love so many widths--I want one of each!

Beautiful bands ladies!

And Ellen, I love both of your bands!

pinky1111.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't believe I had seen these ultra thin wedding bands before, or at least realized that they were in style to be worn as wedding bands now. I may have seen plain bands when I was looking for stackable rings. (I was looking for rings that were thin, but had stones. I do not recall if I saw any plain bands at that point.)

What interests me, besides how similar these plain bands are to the stackable bands with the gems (which I adore) is how similar a look these have to my original engagement ring and my current solitaire, both of which are actually very sturdy but which are constructed with a knife's edge. When I asked Rupert, the bench jeweler who made my current solitaire, to think of the band, I said, "Think thread". That is apparently, now, in fashion!

I love the look because I love delicate jewelry. Are the bands sturdy enough for daily wear as wedding bands? I am not easy on my wedding band! kmcq and coatimundi, do either of you have any side shots that show your band's depth?

Deborah
34.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2008 6:38:59 PM
Author: AGBF

I don't believe I had seen these ultra thin wedding bands before, or at least realized that they were in style to be worn as wedding bands now. I may have seen plain bands when I was looking for stackable rings. (I was looking for rings that were thin, but had stones. I do not recall if I saw any plain bands at that point.)

What interests me, besides how similar these plain bands are to the stackable bands with the gems (which I adore) is how similar a look these have to my original engagement ring and my current solitaire, both of which are actually very sturdy but which are constructed with a knife's edge. When I asked Rupert, the bench jeweler who made my current solitaire, to think of the band, I said, 'Think thread'. That is apparently, now, in fashion!

I love the look because I love delicate jewelry. Are the bands sturdy enough for daily wear as wedding bands? I am not easy on my wedding band! kmcq and coatimundi, do either of you have any side shots that show your band's depth?

Deborah

34.gif

Hi Deborah-I tried to get a side shot for you, but it was tough because there is basically no side. I would say the depth is about 75 percent of the width. Tiny and threadlike for sure!

I rarely wear this ring alone. I usually pair it with several other thin diamond bands. It adds just the right hint of color.
1.gif

I would love to see photos of both your original and current ering.

Coati

eta: Just looked up your solitaire!
30.gif
Beautiful! The thinnest band I've ever seen! Your lovely diamond looks like it's floating
30.gif

rosegoldband1111.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2008 3:20:38 PM
link link link!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I love that we are e-ring twins .. any others out there? I've really been trying to figure out what to pair it with, I honestly don't see a lot of people with settings like.

What is your dream 'forever' set? I really wanted a halo, but FI wanted a solitare, so this is what I got ... don't get me wrong, I LOVE it, but I think one day very far down the road I will probably put my stone in a halo.
There are a few others that have the Vatche setting. Tandogmom is the only one, I think, that posts regularly, and she's one of two I found in searching for what I wanted. If you do a search, you'll come across the rest, there are a couple with cushions.

I honestly haven't thought too much about my 'forever' setting, for a few reasons. First, I do love this one, and I've only had it 2 years. Compared to wearing my other set 24 years, it's still new.
9.gif
And, if I started looking now, I might want it, now. And I've got 4 years of college for my youngest facing me in just over a year, so that's not top priority. I also wonder if my taste won't change too, another reason to wait.

And last, but not least, my hubby doesn't realize this isn't the last setting. In several more years, he might take it better.
5.gif

The one person whose rings consistently make me go, yes, that's the guy, is Mark Morrell. No one does a ring like he does, period. They are just liquid perfection. The only problem is, I love WG, which he doesn't do. So I either learn to like platinum, or go in another direction. But, I've got time.

And give yourself (and FI) time too, and I'm sure you'll end up with your halo.
2.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
coatimundi, thank you so much for photographing the band for me! I can''t believe you jumped in and did it so quickly just because I asked! You are so kind! The band is just lovely. I can see it looking wonderful with other bands. If I ever want to wear my one Sheldon Speyer mini-mania ring (that is my thin band) I think I will have to buy more of them...because they look best worn in groups of at least three, I think. They are quite expensive, so I was trying to avoid buying more....

As for my solitaire, I am most gratified that you bothered to look it up! Thank you for the compliments on it!

Deb
34.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thought I'd add my pretty here as well... my wedding band is 2mm white gold and I love that it is noticably thinner than my e-ring. Originally, I had a .90ct diamond half eternity wedding band, but it was not comfortable for daily wear and didn't match my new three-stone ring, so I got this little pretty at Christmas. I wear the eternity band as a RHR now. I never take this little guy off! Some days I want more sparkle, but I love the comfort and simplicity of this band so much! I think when I have kids and have hands in play do-oh and diapers and food (as flygirl so evocatively described
2.gif
), then I will get the WF 5mm scattered diamonds gold band and wear that by itself... gotta have a little bling! Or maybe a 4mm band with milgrain... or both!

myringyring2.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
This one really shows the difference in band widths. I love this combo.

cuteywidthsshot.jpg

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2008 4:57:34 PM
Author: surfgirl
And here it is with my original antique single cut wband. They keep each other company...
20.gif

Whoa! Sorry for the big photo...

I like this Tiffany Lucida 3mm ring (and your diamond, surfgirl, it''s one of my very favorite ones). If anyone has this ring in gold, I''d very much appreciate seeing it. Thanks.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2008 10:09:02 PM
Author: AGBF

coatimundi, thank you so much for photographing the band for me! I can''t believe you jumped in and did it so quickly just because I asked! You are so kind! The band is just lovely. I can see it looking wonderful with other bands. If I ever want to wear my one Sheldon Speyer mini-mania ring (that is my thin band) I think I will have to buy more of them...because they look best worn in groups of at least three, I think. They are quite expensive, so I was trying to avoid buying more....

As for my solitaire, I am most gratified that you bothered to look it up! Thank you for the compliments on it!

Deb

34.gif
You''re very welcome Deb!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results