clarity

7 carat Unheated Cornflower Blue Sapphire

voce

Ideal_Rock
Showstopper is right. Glad you finally got to set it! It looks beautiful. =)2

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Another stunner like many of your gems! Hope to see it irl when I next visit.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
What an outstanding ring! Oh my gosh. It's amazing. There's something amazing about that colour, and that setting is perfect for it! Don't suppose you would be able to make a separate Show Me The Bling thread? It's beyond worthy of it!!!

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
Seaglow it is a beauty on your hand! Wear it in health!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!
She loves the sun

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That. Is. Amazing!! I love the color of the stone and it just looks at home in her setting and on your hand. Beautiful job!!

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m back here to enjoy this beauty again. Congratulations on finding a stellar stone and the perfect setting for her!

Nida

Shiny_Rock
Joining in the bandwagon of blue sapphires lately. I've been deciding on this stone for a while but finally got it.

It's a 7.03 carats unheated Ceylon Cornflower Blue sapphire with an AIGS lab report.

I took a photo with different lighting conditions and the stone holds great color on all types of light (even in incandescent!). I was really searching for an unheated blue to have more crystal...but the thing about cornflower blues are they are usually heated and included, it is difficult to find an eye clean stone (price would be over the roof as well!). Heating somehow takes away the trasparency and velvet that can both be present in unheated cornflowers. This stone has a fingerprint which is visible is some angles but the color(nice open color) and transparency is difficult to find in unheated blues so I got it.

Here's the stone in natural daylight and under LED lamp:

image.jpeg image.jpeg
image.jpg

In direct sunlight together with an almost 5 carat eye clean GRS Pigeon's Blood Unheated Ruby (asking price was a lot and I find the stone dark).

image.jpeg

I also compared the stones with other unheated blues. There was another 7 carat GRS blue (not described as royal). It has a nice color in some light but turns dark in some (while the cornflower I got appears almost royal blue in the same light). Also there is a smaller "Deep Royal" which is too dark IMHO and a 4+ carat cushion that appears steely (has a gray modifier)

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Waaaw I wonder which ring style you will do with these beauties

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my word! That colour is FABULOUS & it just glows!!

Love the ring - stunning!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results