shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 6+ ct Antique EC with FC Baguettes - Kama’s 10yr Anni Upgrade!

luckyblackcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I do have some comparison pics when I was trying to figure out if it was indeed the same stone. Here is the layout I did, the recut stone on the top and the original stone on the bottom:

D695001B-6400-4785-9C9B-339FAF4FCE05.jpeg

WOW.
WOW.
Just WOW!!!

I feel like the subtle recut took the stone to the next level!!! Also, I wanted to chime in with the others that your ring does not look showy or flashy. It's timeless, elegant, and MAJESTIC.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So the one thing I forgot to mention in my original post is that one of the biggest reasons why I also let this stone go initially is because it was DOUBLE my upgrade budget. Initially I wanted something closer to 3-4cts, and a cushion to replace my current one. I ended up with a stone that literally was the very exact opposite of what I went in seeking!

Also, what I failed to account for in my overall budget were the additional manicures I would be getting! Here are two pics while I was waiting for my nails to dry!

1C6207F3-FFA3-4100-963C-8B99497D4A31.jpeg

6F784D96-699D-4767-B447-FCB33E125B66.jpeg

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Such true words about vendors coming up with stones that are really nothing you want! I spent nearly a year trying to find mine as well. I too was so specific on size, ratio, color, etc. I finally found the stone and now I’m battling with the setting. I see my jeweler on Saturday, we will see:) your ring is just perfection, enjoy! I hope more PSs turn to Sam:)

OMG...Just saw your most recent photos, this is just spectacular! And I am more of a modern emerald cut lover, but this is beyond.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m speechless! Swoon! :love::love::love:

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also wanted to do some comparison pics!

The first one is a collection of all my diamond rings!
- The cushion is a 2.5ct antique OMC from Grace. I’ve had this ring for 5 years and was my 5yr anniversary upgrade. I still plan on upgrading this stone to a bigger stone, perhaps next year!

- The yellow diamond ring is dirty, but I have posted better pics of it here in the past. It is 2cts and was a gift my husband gave me when our son was born (a complete surprise, he worked with Ryan at Joe Escobar who knew my taste very well!).

- The marquise is a spontaneous random purchase from the NY antique show last month! I have no deets on the stats, except that it is 1.4ct. I loved the setting and the stone is so bright!

- The little pear rose cut is super old and from Grace as well. I actually never wear her, but it was nice to take her out for this photo shoot!

85AFE12F-5E83-493F-84C8-1CC3E56E3EE2.jpeg F36B753E-BE0F-4B29-8BCD-2D4F0CA23741.jpeg

The next set of pics are a collection of all my ‘upgrades’! The top most is a 1.5ct MRB, which was bought pre-PS and before I was introduced to antique stones. It was my original engagement ring. I had it converted to a pendant 5 years ago when I finally bought the antique cushion.

The OMC looks so tiny against my EC! Aww!
B5A46C8A-664E-4DB6-94ED-7775D21244A3.jpeg EDCEB997-6EC0-417C-898D-E9630CF11761.jpeg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you!! If you’d like to trade any one of your amazing brooches for my ring, I’d do it in a heartbeat ;-)

WHAT????? Are you crazy?? I'd get the way better end out of that deal, lol. I showed my hubby your ring. I have a big birthday/Anni year coming up in two years. I told him to be ready, it was my dream ring and he answered that everything I see on PS is my dream ring. LOL, he may have a point.

acv123

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks! The issue I ran into with the FC baguettes is that they had to be custom cut. Plus I wanted them as skinny as possible, but also did want the facets to show - not an easy feat! So it was hard to figure out how big they should be, how long and wide and how much should they taper. So it took some back and forth and then a huge leap of faith while keeping my fingers crossed hard! So glad they turned out perfect!

Oh man!!! your ring is incredible, stopped me in my tracks!
It's making me excited for my own ring currently in the works with tapered french cut baguettes. I had the same issue of wanting them to be narrow but for the french cut faceting to still be visible. Do you know the dimensions of yours? I think the largest of mine are 3 x 2-1.75mm and the smallest are 3 x 1.5-1.25 but I cant remember exactly..

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much!

Haha, I’m not quite sure what that means?

hg is mercury on the periodic table....which I am now guessing is not what you meant. So what is hg to you?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So the one thing I forgot to mention in my original post is that one of the biggest reasons why I also let this stone go initially is because it was DOUBLE my upgrade budget. Initially I wanted something closer to 3-4cts, and a cushion to replace my current one. I ended up with a stone that literally was the very exact opposite of what I went in seeking!

Also, what I failed to account for in my overall budget were the additional manicures I would be getting! Here are two pics while I was waiting for my nails to dry!

With such a gorgeous ring, your sticker shock is now a memory. May you long enjoy this ring--and you have a cool narrative (and goodness knows we all love stories!!)

cheers--Sharon

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Haha. The additional manicure budget. Yep that happens to me with each new ring comes regular manis. Eventually it settles down a bit and I can go a little bit longer in between. :lol-2:

Perfect color too btw. The ring well no more words! :kiss2:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FAB-U-LOUS!!!! :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Coming back to your thread to admire your newest pics!
When I had a saturday job after college, the owner had a huge EC like yours and a long string with small pearls. While I had always loved jewelry, it ignited my love for jewelry and diamonds. So excited to see your ring. It’s so classic and elegant.

Donnass117

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a story! I love that you found the same stone, and it looks STUNNING on you! Congrats!

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
Takes my breath away, congratulations!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your 10-year anniversary! :appl:

And congratulations on the AMAZING FABULOUS BLINGBOMB OF A RING! :dance::clap::dance:

She is GORGEOUS. Droolworthy. I love emerald cuts just like yours, its perfect. And the flanking stones? GAH. :love: Those colors it throws. I'd be so mesmerized by it all.

Classic, elegant, and youthful. Combined with your pretty hands too? Knockout.

Best diamond ring evah!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that's gorgeous, congrats!!!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

How did your manicurist get anything done when you have that gorgeous bling on your finger??? If it was me I’ll be too distracted and probably get paint all over your finger instead lol.

That stone and you have a mystic connection. Congrats on being reunited with the one. :appl::appl::appl:

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Without doubt - one of the BEST I've ever seen on PS. This is an utter delight, a marvel, a sensational ring! :love: Congratulations...

Magpie4426

Shiny_Rock
This is an insane story, and insane stone and an insane ring

I feel quite light-headed and my heart is beating too fast...it must be love

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's absolutely beautiful @kama_s!!! Truly a dream ring, it looks fabulous on you! Congrats and enjoy having this beauty on your finger!

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, what an awesome story! Your ring is outrageously gorgeous!!! :love::eek2::love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for taking time to share pictures and stories of each piece. You have an outstanding and enviable collection. Congratulations again on the amazing step cut.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just want to add that I am so thrilled and filled with joy for you @kama_s. Having met you makes this thread even more special for me because I got to see what a lovely young woman you are and how kind and sweet you are and you deserve the ring of your dreams. LOVE how this all worked out for you!:appl:

Thank you for your really sweet and kind words, Missy. It was so nice to meet you in person, and also meet Bubbalah in person!

Hahaha yes I thought it was the perfect GIF for your THUDalcious new ring:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Yes to your last question but I am very torn and not sure of what that perfect setting would be...don't want to threadjack your gorgeous thread so will leave it at that.

I will look for your thread and join in on the conversation!

Your comment reminded me of this Mark Twain staple that you just can’t help but laugh with:
https://www.cs.utah.edu/~gback/awfgrmlg.html

I suppose I just always label straight-edged stones as “male”! But the mount is soft, svelte, and undoubtedly “female”. Bringing us back to MT’s observation that gender assignments are curious things :mrgreen2:

She - all parts of her - are so beautiful :kiss2:

That was an interesting read! Gender assignments are certainly curious - and funny - things! I love your last line ❤️

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in love with the stone, the story - everything! It is exquisite! I also love that your DH was like, yep, let's get it! AWESOME! It's just stunning.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We went out for a fancy lunch to celebrate my husband’s birthday and the sunlight was just perfect! I had to include a pic of me shielding the stone while my husband was trying to take a pic...such a quintessential pic that only a PSer would understand! The big flashes the stone gives out are stunning.

8FBF6B2D-A71F-4150-8317-23C122F54E57.jpeg

B0D7EDFD-114B-47D7-A092-46A9E3E70600.jpeg

4341C143-42F2-46E6-89D2-AD79F1BFD0EF.jpeg

Attachments

• 1646DBB7-7426-484B-8D51-CEE8AEC7E3C7.jpeg
    1646DBB7-7426-484B-8D51-CEE8AEC7E3C7.jpeg
    310 KB · Views: 34

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
THUD!!!!!!

tumblr_n5kgwzzHYc1smcbm7o1_400.gif

TDF GORGEOUS!!! Sorry for all the capital letters but this piece is freaking awesome!!!!:love::love::love::love::love::love:

and yes it is meant to be!!!!!! :appl:

(and girl, you will get used to it super quick. Mark my words. It will become the "perfect" size for you very soon).

Enjoy your gorgeous masterpiece!

Yep that's my reaction too! :love:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kama_s LOVE your fabulous ring! It is amazing! When you found it from the second dealer, was the price even more? I am so glad you were able to find your perfect stone. The “one that got away” is something that can drive you crazy for years. What serendipity that you were able to make that stone your own. It looks beautiful on you, the perfect size on your hand.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results