shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 6+ ct Antique EC with FC Baguettes - Kama’s 10yr Anni Upgrade!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I loved this story! This stone was meant to be yours!!! It looks STUNNING on you!:love::love::love:

Vogue

Shiny_Rock
What an absolute dream of a ring! I love everything about it. Congrats, and wear it in good health :)

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad she found her way back to you! She's truly amazing!

SylviaF

Shiny_Rock
@kama_s Congratulations! What an incredible stone! I know that you said you feel conspicuous because this is so much larger than your other stones, but I think somehow it looks completely appropriate and elegant on your finger and not attention-seeking at all.

Q

Queenie60

Fabulous stone. Congratulations on a stunning ring.

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful story, fate has a way of working things out for us. :appl:
Now I have to ask why does your ring make you think of mercury, do the stone look silvery in person?:?:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Y'know... I have to say that one of the most startling things about this thread is its similarity to @missy 's.

Two of the most kind, generous, socially-responsible, and happiest women I know... reuniting with "the stone that got away" within months of each other... You were obviously meant to have this stone. Just as @missy was meant to have her Bubbalah. "Opportunity" just doesn't work like this - this was kismet! And... reading other responses... @Resonance.Of.Life got there first on that thought! ::)

That stone is one of the most handsome ECs I've ever seen and the setting suits him perfectly, and you wear it so well :sun: Cheers, love!! I'm thrilled for you :appl::love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just want to add that I am so thrilled and filled with joy for you @kama_s. Having met you makes this thread even more special for me because I got to see what a lovely young woman you are and how kind and sweet you are and you deserve the ring of your dreams. LOVE how this all worked out for you!:appl:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning stone, out of this WORLD setting, and amazing story!!!!!! :appl::appl::appl:

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Y'know... I have to say that one of the most startling things about this thread is its similarity to @missy 's.

Two of the most kind, generous, socially-responsible, and happiest women I know... reuniting with "the stone that got away" within months of each other... You were obviously meant to have this stone. Just as @missy was meant to have her Bubbalah. "Opportunity" just doesn't work like this - this was kismet! And... reading other responses... @Resonance.Of.Life got there first on that thought! ::)

That stone is one of the most handsome ECs I've ever seen and the setting suits him perfectly, and you wear it so well :sun: Cheers, love!! I'm thrilled for you :appl::love:

I saw @missy at the NY antique show when she was with Grace and found her beautiful Bubbalah! There is actually one more PSer who has a similar story to mine, down to the same seller and her ring is even killer!

It’s so interesting that you referred to the ring as ‘handsome’ and ‘him’! I think you’re the first to say that. The ring is certainly not your most feminine and I do see it as ‘strong with broad shoulders’! But in my eyes, ‘she’ is handsome and strong!

Thank you for your very sweet comment! I am beyond thrilled to have this beautiful piece in my collection!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:eek-2: Goodness gracious, that is the most beautiful stone I've ever seen! Now that would be my HG!!!!!!!! Congratulations and Happy 10th Anniversary.

Thank you!! If you’d like to trade any one of your amazing brooches for my ring, I’d do it in a heartbeat ;-)

THUD!!!!!!

tumblr_n5kgwzzHYc1smcbm7o1_400.gif

TDF GORGEOUS!!! Sorry for all the capital letters but this piece is freaking awesome!!!!:love::love::love::love::love::love:

and yes it is meant to be!!!!!! :appl:

(and girl, you will get used to it super quick. Mark my words. It will become the "perfect" size for you very soon).

Enjoy your gorgeous masterpiece!

Oh that gif made me laugh out loud!!! That was more or less my reaction when I saw the ring! You are SO right about erring used to the size, it certainly didn’t take long! Hahaha!

I’m so thrilled we both found our way back to our stones! Have you been contemplating new settings for Bubbalah?

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah...you KNOW I’m dead!!!
:eek2::eek2::eek2:
:eek-2::eek-2::eek-2::knockout::knockout::knockout:
:love::love::love::love::love::love:

Fate is beautiful!! Congratulations, and happy Anniversary!! ;)2

Adding: I hope you name her “Serendipity”....cuz there’s no better way to describe her!!!

Haha, I actually have never named any of my jewelry pieces, but I wonder if this should be the first? Perhaps ‘MINE’ would be an accurate description ;-)

How is your FC project going with those stunning stones from Yoram? Can’t wait to see what you do with it!!

HI:

How is it possible to have such a beautiful ring:) :) Glad you cried and cried;))...it prolonged the time while this stone found its way back to you.

And your setting is perfect. Elegant. Classic. Those sides are mind boggling--I'm shaking my head.

Can you say jewel of the year??

cheers--Sharon

Thank you!!! She is definitely jewel of my lifetime! Now you can see why I had ZERO budget for that beautiful sapphire you shared with J! But I hope to get a killer sapphire for my 40th in 5 years!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you!! If you’d like to trade any one of your amazing brooches for my ring, I’d do it in a heartbeat ;-)

Oh that gif made me laugh out loud!!! That was more or less my reaction when I saw the ring! You are SO right about erring used to the size, it certainly didn’t take long! Hahaha!

I’m so thrilled we both found our way back to our stones! Have you been contemplating new settings for Bubbalah?

Hahaha yes I thought it was the perfect GIF for your THUDalcious new ring:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Yes to your last question but I am very torn and not sure of what that perfect setting would be...don't want to threadjack your gorgeous thread so will leave it at that.

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! How awesome that it found the way back to you! The stone is amazing but I also have to say that the French baguettes are perfect with it. Such an inspired choice! And the yellow gold.....YUM!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The story, the stone, the setting - sheer perfection! Amazingly, it looks perfect on your hand. It certainly has presence but is not too overwhelming and I say that thinking for sure that based on size it would.

The others are right - when it is meant to be, it is. Enjoy it for all the wonderous ways it made its way back to you - it was clearly your stone all along - just wanted to do some traveling before it made its way home!!

Haha, it had its own plans - to travel the world before settling down! I can’t say I didn’t do the same at some point in my life as well! It certainly has presence. I initially thought it was overwhelming, but have since gotten used to the size! That was quick ;-)

Your new EC ring is AMAZING!!! :love: It's going to look great w/ all of your VCA pieces--loving your whole jewelry collection! :appl: BTW, can you tell us the dimensions of your EC for proportions sake?

Happy Anniversary to you both! :wavey:

Thank you!! It has been fun building my collection over time! The EC is 12x9.5! She is trim with broad shoulders! My finger size is 5.5!

This is my new favorite. Favorite stone. Favorite setting. It is sooooo beautiful and you wear it so well. Ahh....goals. Goals. Did you say what size finger You are?

Thank you so much for your kind words! It’s definitely my fav too, but obviously I am biased :). My finer size is 5.5!

Holy mackerel! That is such an amazing stone! I’m so glad she found her way back to you!! The size will not seem so large in a few weeks and you’ll be totally used to her before long!

Soooo true! I’m already getting used to the size! Hopefully DSS doesn’t set in ;-)

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it!!!

Thank you!

Drooling here! That is gorgeous! :appl::appl::appl:

Thanks!!

I am dead. So amazing!

Thank you!!!

It is absolutely stunning!

Thanks!!

:love::love::love::love::love:
The stuff dreams are made of!!!

It was meant to be.

It definitely is my dream ring!! Thank you!

OMG DEAD!!!! This is so freaking amazing!!! :love::love::love::love: The stone is absolutely GORGEOUS and wow, talking about meant to be!!! Early congrats on your anniversary!!!

Haha thank you!! I am partially hoping hubby forgets about this ring by the time our actual anni rolls around next year so I can slip in an extra gift ;-)

Crikey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is nothing, NOTHING, about this that I don't like?!!!!!!!

It's just the most amazing thing!! :love::love:

Wow, that quite the compliment! Thank you!!

Such a beautiful stone and it looks amazing on your hand!! Love the story behind it as well, it really was meant to be.

Thank you, the story behind it makes it extra special to me!

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I saw this on Sam’s, Ice Rock’s IG, and instantly fell in love! It’s like it was made for you specifically, your skin coloring Just makes the matte gold look spectacular. Congratulations! I too worked with Sam for a bit, and he was very quick to find what I wanted. I ultimately didn’t end up with his stone but I’m sure if I would’ve given it more time he could’ve come up with something for me:)

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! What a beauty and oh gosh I can see why you were so verklempt over letting it go the first time.

Thank you! I learnt a new word today: verklempt. An accurate description!

I think my heart just cried. That is THE most beautiful emerald cut stone I have ever seen, and you/Molly nailed the perfect setting for it.

I’m speechless. Wow :geek2:

Thank you! Indeed, Molly made my vision come to life perfectly!

Honey, there’s no radar you can fly under wearing THIS! :love::love::love:
You are a very lucky lady in more ways than one! :appl: Happy Anniversary! :wavey: (Like for the rest of your life)

Hahaha, sooo true. Thank you so much, I am very grateful to be so fortunate.

Gorgeous, amazing, emerald cut centre, wow French cut baguettes didn’t even know they have those :shock:. Perfect ring! For me this is a JOTY piece.

Wow, what an amazing compliment! It’s definitely the jewel of my lifetime! Aren’t FC baguettes amazing?!

Omg..It is absolutely gorgeous! Stunning!!! The color is amazing!

Thank you!!!

What a gorgeous EC! Congratulations on a stunning new ring - everything about it is lovely!

Thank you so much!!

What a gorgeous ring! It was meant to be! :love:

Thanks!!

I can see why you couldn't stop thinking about it. WOW. That has got to be the most beautiful thing I've ever seen!!!!!!!!

I don't think it looks too big at all. It looks perfect on your hand!

WOW!

Right?! I couldn’t get it out of my head. Hubby was tired of me watching the same videos over and over and was actually the one that judges me to get it!

Wow, wow,wow and 100,000,000,000,000,000 more wows.
That diamond is perfection.
What I love absolutely most about the diamond is that she found her way back to you.
Meant to be.
Wear her and love her every second of every day forever more.
That’s a forever stone.

She did find her way back to me, and she is absolutely my forever stone!! Thank you!!!

Happy 10th Anniversary! Thanks for sharing your amazing story, it certainly was fate and meant to be, your ring is breath taking! I could admire it all day :love:

Thank you so much for your sweet comment!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw @missy at the NY antique show when she was with Grace and found her beautiful Bubbalah! There is actually one more PSer who has a similar story to mine, down to the same seller and her ring is even killer!

It’s so interesting that you referred to the ring as ‘handsome’ and ‘him’! I think you’re the first to say that. The ring is certainly not your most feminine and I do see it as ‘strong with broad shoulders’! But in my eyes, ‘she’ is handsome and strong!

Thank you for your very sweet comment! I am beyond thrilled to have this beautiful piece in my collection!
Your comment reminded me of this Mark Twain staple that you just can’t help but laugh with:
https://www.cs.utah.edu/~gback/awfgrmlg.html

I suppose I just always label straight-edged stones as “male”! But the mount is soft, svelte, and undoubtedly “female”. Bringing us back to MT’s observation that gender assignments are curious things :mrgreen2:

She - all parts of her - are so beautiful :kiss2:

sjroberts

Shiny_Rock
What a truly beautiful and magnificent stone. The setting is perfection. Be careful if you are driving...it would be very easy to just stare at your hand on the wheel! Lol! But seriously so very amazing. Congratulations!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, I actually have never named any of my jewelry pieces, but I wonder if this should be the first? Perhaps ‘MINE’ would be an accurate description ;-)

How is your FC project going with those stunning stones from Yoram? Can’t wait to see what you do with it!!

Thank you!!! She is definitely jewel of my lifetime! Now you can see why I had ZERO budget for that beautiful sapphire you shared with J! But I hope to get a killer sapphire for my 40th in 5 years!

@kama_s,
I think “Mine” is great...lol!! :lol-2:
I am past the design phase. I got my quote & I’m getting the funds ready to set the Asscher Anniversary Band Project into motion!! I can’t wait to get that going & finished!! The waiting is KILLER!!! :mrgreen2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@kama_s,
I think “Mine” is great...lol!! :lol-2:
I am past the design phase. I got my quote & I’m getting the funds ready to set the Asscher Anniversary Band Project into motion!! I can’t wait to get that going & finished!! The waiting is KILLER!!! :mrgreen2:
Your Asschers are gorgeous..I can’t wait to see them set in your band!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG!!! - Say Wha????!!!!!!!!!

P

PierreBear

Gorgeous and yes love the story behind the stone. May you continue to wear and enjoy for years to come and for it to be a family heirloom where you get to add onto the story!
I love how you chose gold for the setting as it looks great on your skin tone! Was it a hard decision sticking with gold or do you generally wear all your pieces in that shade? Great idea on the french cut baguettes!

Last edited by a moderator:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning, the diamond and the entire setting. The story behind the 'stone that was meant to be yours' makes it even more special of course! Congratulations on your stunning ring!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect. Just absolute perfection. It’s so gorgeous. The stone is mesmerizing and the setting is just beautiful!

Thank you!!

:DWow! Wow! Wow!! What a happy tale and what a stone!!:D
LOVE your choice of yellow gold for a setting.
It's true perfection.:appl::appl::appl:
Enjoy it all!!!!

Thanks! I wanted to be different from other EC rings - rarely do you see an EC set in yg!

Absolutely stunning! Looks perfect on your hand.

Thanks!!!

I first saw this on IG, & hoped it belonged to a PS'er as it is a gorgeous stone & a perfect setting, yum! Your choice with the side stones and setting is absolutely perfect & I love the richness of the gold, its a total package--truly a HG!! Congrats to you, what a story finding it after all!! :love::love::love::love:

Thank you so much! Sam took the most magnificent pics and videos, I saw them before I saw the actual ring and my jaw was on the floor!

Congratulations @kama_s! It is beautiful and was truly meant to be.

Thanks!!

Fate! Amazing,beautiful, bling fate!

YES! That’s exactly it!

It's an incredible story...and a holy grail of holy grails as far as diamond rings go!:love::love::love:

It's perfect. I really, really love it. This will always be in my top favorites of all time!

Thank you!!! It took a long time from when I first shared the stone to when it was on my finger, thanks for helping me throughout its journey!

Congrats!! It is the most divine diamond and setting I have ever seen! :love: :love: :love: :love: I admire his work, so it is great to see him on PS! Thank you for sharing!

Thanks, fellow Virgoan! His work is amazing and I’m glad to be one of the first to share on PS!

Love everything about this. Love your story and of course the ring is spectacular. Really so so so special. Looks marvelous on you!!!! Like the perfect fit. WOW!

Thank you, friend!!! I told you there were more pics on the thread ;-)

Gorgeous!

Thanks!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was truly meant to be yours and I love a story with a happy ending. Your EC is gorgeous and your ring is stunning. Congratulations.

Thanks so much!! I am so thrilled my story had a happy ending!

Wow what a beautiful story and stunning choice!!! Enjoy her well....

Thank you!! She will be well loved!

It's beautiful and timeless. It was truly meant to be.
What a wonderful way to celebrate your 10th wedding anniversary!

Thank you!! Now I need to get something equally magnificent for hubby!

Spectacular in every sense! You wear it beautifully @kama_s - it looks like it belongs on your hand.

Can I also just say you have gorgeous hair?

Wear it with great happiness :appl:

Thank you! She does feel like she is home on my hand :)
Thanks for the compliment on my hair. It’s been a real disaster post-partum, so much hair loss. I’ve been told it all grows back, but I got too impatient and chopped off most of it. Still hasn’t grown back in, whhyyyyy.

Currently being mesmerized by the IG video of your amazing EC and ring!

Those videos he took are stunning!!! I saw them before I saw the ring and I, too, was mesmerized!

So happy that it worked out in the end. That ring is to die for!

Thanks!!

It was definitely Kismet! Enjoy <3

Thanks for being on this wild ride with me, darling!

Oh wow!! That is gorgeous!!

Thanks!

Happy anniversary!
The ring is so beautiful, it is like sun, made my day and i can not stop smiling, though it is depressing rainy autumn outside.
:love::love::love::love::love::appl::appl::appl:

The first day after we got back from Napa was rainy and glum, but I didn’t even notice for I had the shiniest of things on my finger! Thank you!!

I. Have. No. Words! :-o :shock: :love: :clap:

I was pretty much speechless when I first got it too! Hubby couldn’t decipher my thoughts because I was just stunned into silence!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
More photos & videos, please??? :appl:

Coming right up!!!

What an incredible story of your diamond finding its way back to you!! It reminds me of @missy's story with her OEC! I love how PS is full of magical stories about bling. @kama_s, do you have photos before the recut? I'm so curious to see how the stone changed.

Yes! I saw Missy at the NY antique show when she was reunited with Bubbalah! And there is one other PSer with a similar story and killer ring. It’s been lucky around here lately!

I do have some comparison pics when I was trying to figure out if it was indeed the same stone. Here is the layout I did, the recut stone on the top and the original stone on the bottom:

D695001B-6400-4785-9C9B-339FAF4FCE05.jpeg

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
your ring is gorgeous and I love that used the french cut baguettes as sides. They really set the center stone off perfectly. So glad your HG came back to you.

Thanks! The issue I ran into with the FC baguettes is that they had to be custom cut. Plus I wanted them as skinny as possible, but also did want the facets to show - not an easy feat! So it was hard to figure out how big they should be, how long and wide and how much should they taper. So it took some back and forth and then a huge leap of faith while keeping my fingers crossed hard! So glad they turned out perfect!

That diamond....This is the perfect. ring. I am in love!! What a cool story too!! Love the setting, and your band with it too!!

Thank you!! The band is temporary, I plan to wear it solo for the most part or pair with an upcoming FC baguette eternity for an extra bling look!

Wow! Beautiful ring, beautiful story, beautiful hands, and beautiful watch!!
Perfect, perfect, perfect. Enjoy. And Happy Anniversary.
P.S. I’m going to be in Toronto at month’s end; I’ll bring my sunglasses because I’m sure that even if you are standing by a window somewhere in that city I’ll see the light...! :cool2:

Thank you so much for your sweet words! Enjoy your stay in Toronto! Have you been before? I’ll be in NYC end of the month!

I keep going back to Icerock’s IG feed of your ring. He has several photos and video of your ring and they are stunning! I have to say, your phenomenal jewel looks extremely elegant on your hand. I agree with you about wearing her solo. At least for awhile. She doesn’t require company on your beautiful hand. That choice is up to you though. I have seen many swoon worthy jewels on this forum, but this is really extraordinary!

Thank you, that is such a lovely thing to say! His video are mesmerizing! I saw them before I saw the ring and I was rendered speechless!

Beautiful and I love, love, love your Cartier Tank watch.

Thanks! This is hands down my fav watch in my collection! It’s so light and easy to wear!

Whoa!
Can I try it on? :lol:

(Looks like a hot damn on your hand!)

Anytime!!!

I have an affinity for hot damn hands! ;-)

What a dreamring! Thanks for sharing your story. This ring is absolutely fabulous!!

Thank you so much!!! I need to venture to Coloured Stones and see what you’ve been up to lately!

Absolute perfection! Happy anniversary. Can’t wait to see the impending band!!

Thank you! I’ll be sure to update the thread with pics of the band!

Gorgeous and yes love the story behind the stone. May you continue to wear and enjoy for years to come and for it to be a family heirloom where you get to add onto the story!
I love how you chose gold for the setting as it looks great on your skin tone! Was it a hard decision sticking with gold or do you generally wear all your pieces in that shade? Great idea on the french cut baguettes!

Thank you for the kind words! So until a few years ago, all of my jewelry was solidly white gold or platinum. Slowly I began incorporating some yellow and rose gold and now almost all of my pieces are in the warmer tones. I struggled a bit initially because this EC is so white, and I wanted to highlight that. But in the end, my heart was set on matte/brushed yg and as soon as it was time to make a decision on th setting, it was almost an automatic choice. Same with the FC baguettes. It was either solitaire or FC bags from the second I saw the stone in Miami!

Absolutely stunning, the diamond and the entire setting. The story behind the 'stone that was meant to be yours' makes it even more special of course! Congratulations on your stunning ring!

Thank you so much! The store does make it very special to me :)

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I loved this story! This stone was meant to be yours!!! It looks STUNNING on you!:love::love::love:

Thank you so much!

What an absolute dream of a ring! I love everything about it. Congrats, and wear it in good health :)

Thank you!!!

I'm so glad she found her way back to you! She's truly amazing!

She did find her (convulated) way back to me! I guess she needed to travel a bit before settling down!

@kama_s Congratulations! What an incredible stone! I know that you said you feel conspicuous because this is so much larger than your other stones, but I think somehow it looks completely appropriate and elegant on your finger and not attention-seeking at all.

It’s so funny how fast I adapted to this ring! I felt it was overwhelming the first few days, but I now I feel like she is right at home on my finger! Thank you so much!

Fabulous stone. Congratulations on a stunning ring.

Thanks!!

What a wonderful story, fate has a way of working things out for us. :appl:
Now I have to ask why does your ring make you think of mercury, do the stone look silvery in person?:?:

Haha, I’m not quite sure what that means?

Stunning stone, out of this WORLD setting, and amazing story!!!!!! :appl::appl::appl:

Thank you!!!!

Congratulations! How awesome that it found the way back to you! The stone is amazing but I also have to say that the French baguettes are perfect with it. Such an inspired choice! And the yellow gold.....YUM!

Thank you!! I am so glad that it all worked well together and the end result was actually way I had pictured in my head!

I saw this on Sam’s, Ice Rock’s IG, and instantly fell in love! It’s like it was made for you specifically, your skin coloring Just makes the matte gold look spectacular. Congratulations! I too worked with Sam for a bit, and he was very quick to find what I wanted. I ultimately didn’t end up with his stone but I’m sure if I would’ve given it more time he could’ve come up with something for me:)

You sound like emeralds are your favourite! :)
Sam is amazing to work with. He really understands what his client is looking for. I started my search a year in advance because I thought it would take a while to find my perfect stone. It took close to a year to find the perfect OECs for my 3.2ctw earrings, so I assumed the same - if not longer - for this. When I first started looking, I had contacted a few other vendors and it really turned me off when they would come back the very next day with like 5 options that meet only one or two of my criteria (and the less important ones - like carat weight or colour) and completely ignore the important aspects that I spent a while explaining (like facets and shape). Same doesn’t do that (and Grace is exactly the same). Both of them will take their time to check out hundreds of stones over months until they find exactly what you are looking for. I had told Sam I was in NO hurry whatsoever. I had said the same thing to Grace when she was making my OEC studs. I think patience paid off in both instances for me :)

What a truly beautiful and magnificent stone. The setting is perfection. Be careful if you are driving...it would be very easy to just stare at your hand on the wheel! Lol! But seriously so very amazing. Congratulations!

Thank you! It is certainly extremely distracting when I am driving haha!

OMG!!! - Say Wha????!!!!!!!!!

Right?!!! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results