color
clarity

#JOTW 5 ct yellow gold

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pinkgem2522|1453910037|3982343 said:
This looks so huge on your hands! :love:
Well, I have short fingers and a small ring size, but it really is quite big :angel:

LesleyF

Rough_Rock
Wow - now THAT is a ring! Its stunning!
Congrats on your lovely gift.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your gorgeous ring is Jewel of the Week!!!!
Congrats Scandinavian. The ring is such an amazing piece and it looks stunning on you.

_920.png

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1454137665|3983990 said:
Your gorgeous ring is Jewel of the Week!!!!
Congrats Scandinavian. The ring is such an amazing piece and it looks stunning on you.
Thank you!! Yippi :) :) :)

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
I love this classic look, your new baby is stunning!!!

I'm not sure what is changed in the position of engagement ring and wedding band. My grandmothers told me that tradition is to wear the wedding band closest to ones heart. In recent years I have seen many brides wearing the engagement or diamond ring closest to their heart then the wedding band on top. I understand personal preference, maybe that tradition wasn't universal. Anyones else on this subject?

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
a to die for ring! a breathless gorgeous stone and wedding ring.!!! classy too. thank you for sharing.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Frost Me|1454171418|3984136 said:

I'm not sure what is changed in the position of engagement ring and wedding band. My grandmothers told me that tradition is to wear the wedding band closest to ones heart. In recent years I have seen many brides wearing the engagement or diamond ring closest to their heart then the wedding band on top. I understand personal preference, maybe that tradition wasn't universal. Anyones else on this subject?
I wear it like this because it feels most comfortable this way :) In Scandinavia, we normally wear the engagement ring on our left hand (symbolises the heart) and the wedding ring on our right (symbolises that a deal is made - almost like a hand shake, you make the deal with your right hand :)) As I already have my engagement ring on my left hand, my husband had this ring made to go with my wedding band. We have identical wedding bands in line with Scandinavian traditions so no stones there :)
Please excuse typos, my autocorrect is not set for English so it is killing me...

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1454178967|3984189 said:
a to die for ring! a breathless gorgeous stone and wedding ring.!!! classy too. thank you for sharing.
Thank you so much! You are too kind :)

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Didn't take off my ring for cross country skiing with my dog - hmmmm - wrong? It is just so nice and new it is difficult to take it off.. (The blue is reflections from my jacket) Please ignore my hands, it was quite cold...

20160130_153620-2.jpg

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Scandinavian|1454179979|3984196 said:
Frost Me|1454171418|3984136 said:

I wear it like this because it feels most comfortable this way :) In Scandinavia, we normally wear the engagement ring on our left hand (symbolises the heart) and the wedding ring on our right (symbolises that a deal is made - almost like a hand shake, you make the deal with your right hand :)) As I already have my engagement ring on my left hand, my husband had this ring made to go with my wedding band. We have identical wedding bands in line with Scandinavian traditions so no stones there :)
Please excuse typos, my autocorrect is not set for English so it is killing me...

WOW that is an interesting tradition, and double fun! I see that the new baby is on the right, what is on your left? Anyway that 5 carat is a beauty soooooooooo big, love it!

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
5 carats looks perfect on you! Congrats on your new beauty and what it represents for you. Thank you for sharing here. :love:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ihy138|1454302245|3984993 said:
5 carats looks perfect on you! Congrats on your new beauty and what it represents for you. Thank you for sharing here. :love:
Thank you x 3 :) I'm very happy with my new ring :)

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Breathtaking!!!! Definitely one of my all-time favorite sets! Do you wear it all the time, or only when you go out? And - are you right-handed? Just wondering, that's all.

Tarrotka

Rough_Rock
This 5 ct. beauty looks amazing on your hand! :love: Please give us a hint of what you wearing on your left hand.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
motownmama|1454336323|3985099 said:
Breathtaking!!!! Definitely one of my all-time favorite sets! Do you wear it all the time, or only when you go out? And - are you right-handed? Just wondering, that's all.
Thank you so much! That is such a compliment :) Yes, I'm right handed, and so far I wear it all the time! The prongs are big and strong to fit my active lifestyle (skiing, running, hiking, training my bird dog, etc) :) Only time I take it of is for lifting weights - not to bulk up if anyone wondered, mainly squats and shoulder workouts :)

Anyone else like to work out / have a dog / active children? Do you wear your rings every day? Please share if you have experience as to when I should not wear my rings, hahaha.. :)

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tarrotka|1454342849|3985135 said:
This 5 ct. beauty looks amazing on your hand! :love: Please give us a hint of what you wearing on your left hand.
On my left hand I wear my engagement ring :) It is a classic solitaire in white gold and has not left my hand (except 30 minutes here and there) for almost 11 years :)

I'm thinking of adding an eternity ring to my left hand to keep my engagement ring company - but that will have to wait a little :) I will however keep you all posted when I start thinking more seriously about this, would love some advice and inspiration regarding different alternatives and settings :)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful diamond and ring. It looks fabulous on you!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1457670070|4003222 said:
Beautiful diamond and ring. It looks fabulous on you!
Oh thank you! That is so sweet of you! I'm very happy with it :)

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello again!
My mother has been in hospital in Copenhagen this fall, and that caused my to spend too much times wandering the streets of the city. Many beautiful places, many beautiful window displays and ... many beautiful diamonds! Including the famous pink argyles lol. Temptation won, so please help me welcome home a little upgrade :kiss2:

The light is terrible but I could not wait lol. Will try to get some better pictures if the sun shows up.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks so beautiful on your hand. No wonder you must wear it skiing. How could you possibly not wear it constantly?!
Wear in good health, Scandi.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

THUD!!!!

thudgif.gif

LOVE LOVE LOVE. Pinkalicious and delicious and enjoy it dear @Scandinavian! I am thrilled for you.
And sending continued healing vibes to your mom and grandma and hugs to all of you. (((Hugs))).

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
My goodness! Would love to see hand shots! Congrats and I hope your mother is feeling better.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
THUD!!!!

thudgif.gif

LOVE LOVE LOVE. Pinkalicious and delicious and enjoy it dear @Scandinavian! I am thrilled for you.
And sending continued healing vibes to your mom and grandma and hugs to all of you. (((Hugs))).

Awwwww Thank you @missy ! You really are too sweet!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goodness! Would love to see hand shots! Congrats and I hope your mother is feeling better.

Thank you! Will try, just need some sun... or better photography skills lol..

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock

I just fainted like Missy! Omg I LOVE your ring!!! Those pinks are soo pinky and fun and sparkly and just fabulous! And your center diamond is glorious! It as all looks beautiful and congratulations and hugs to you!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just fainted like Missy! Omg I LOVE your ring!!! Those pinks are soo pinky and fun and sparkly and just fabulous! And your center diamond is glorious! It as all looks beautiful and congratulations and hugs to you!

Thank you! You really are too kind!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks so beautiful on your hand. No wonder you must wear it skiing. How could you possibly not wear it constantly?!
Wear in good health, Scandi.

Thank you Jimmianne! I really appreciate that!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results