Premium
AprilBaby|1453689048|3980957 said:
What a spectacular nice heavy gold set!
Thank you AprilBaby, I love it :)

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rockinruby|1453661364|3980755 said:
Thank you for sharing your beautiful ring with us. It's gorgeous! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: Your band is lovely too! :appl: :appl: Congratulations to both of you on your anniversary! Well done! :clap:
Thank you so much x3 Rockinruby :) Anniversaries are nice :) 10 years could make me feel old, but the ring made up for it big time :)

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1453674107|3980837 said:
Gorgeous!! :love: Those gold bands are so thick and luxurious!!!
Thank you! I really like yellow gold with diamonds, and I think the white prongs sets of the stone so nicely at the same time :)

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparklySoprano|1453685353|3980908 said:
Congratulations from another Scandinavian! [Although it's really my mother who hails from Norway so I'm first generation American. But still have relatives there.]

Enjoy this beauty! I really love the design of the solitaire with the extra metal loops near the basket. Very interesting and beautiful. :wavey:
Thank you SparklySoprano! Always so nice with fellow Scandinavians :) The extra loops are prepared to allow for some decorative stones on the side to make an illusion of reducing the height a little - it is quite big from a side view. My husband did not know what kind of stones / colour I would prefer, so he left that part for me :) I like the ring the way it is, so I will take some time to think before doing any changes / additions :)

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Oh I love your diamond! But that wedding band, yummy! Where did you find your deliciously wide wedding band??

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
therainbowradish|1453747240|3981253 said:
Oh I love your diamond! But that wedding band, yummy! Where did you find your deliciously wide wedding band??
Thank you I love my diamond too :) The wedding band is from Danish jewelry designer Ole Lyngaard!

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
Phenomenal piece of jewelry! Thanks so much for sharing pictures with us.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
W :love: wzerrrr!!! What a beauty!!! Congrats!! Love yellow gold goodness!! :love:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
aac2013|1453753084|3981320 said:
Phenomenal piece of jewelry! Thanks so much for sharing pictures with us.
And thank you for liking it - makes me happy :)

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ZestfullyBling|1453795181|3981611 said:
W :love: wzerrrr!!! What a beauty!!! Congrats!! Love yellow gold goodness!! :love:
Thank you :) Me too :) Still waiting for some sun to get a better picture to show of the sparkle and fire - my phone is just not the best camera option for artificial lighting :wall:

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow that ring looks amazing! Congratulations on owning such a beauty!

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Scandinavian, the ring is simply beautiful and BIG ;-)

I will definitely show this to my husband as an inspiration for our 10th anniversary ;-)

almondblossom

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on a beautiful ring!!! :love: :love: And nice to see a fellow Scandinavian (dansker..? :wink2: ) here! Enjoy your ring and happy anniversary! Look forward to seeing more pics... :)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to admit that I saw your ring because when I read "5 carat gold" I thought "5 karat gold" and I am a gold freak. I thought I was going to read about some new type of gold! After seeing your gorgeous ring, however, I couldn't let it go without a comment. It is simply stunning. My solitaire (tiny by comparison) is also set in yellow gold with white prongs/basket. I had hoped, one day, to upgrade to a 3 carat. Your 5 carat is a dream stone and set so gracefully that it does not look "too big". (Believe it or not, that used to be a concern for me. I once changed a stone that was only slightly over 2 carats from a ring setting to a necklace because I felt it was too big on my hand!)

I hope you wear your new ring in health and joy.

Deb/AGBF

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CravingDiamonds|1453840918|3981901 said:
Wow that ring looks amazing! Congratulations on owning such a beauty!
Thank you! I'm very happy with it :) :)

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1453904566|3982294 said:
I have to admit that I saw your ring because when I read "5 carat gold" I thought "5 karat gold" and I am a gold freak. I thought I was going to read about some new type of gold! After seeing your gorgeous ring, however, I couldn't let it go without a comment. It is simply stunning. My solitaire (tiny by comparison) is also set in yellow gold with white prongs/basket. I had hoped, one day, to upgrade to a 3 carat. Your 5 carat is a dream stone and set so gracefully that it does not look "too big". (Believe it or not, that used to be a concern for me. I once changed a stone that was only slightly over 2 carats from a ring setting to a necklace because I felt it was too big on my hand!)

I hope you wear your new ring in health and joy.

Deb/AGBF

You made me laugh! In a good way :) I should probably change the heading, but I have no idea how to do it.. If any of you know, please share :) I know what you mean by a ring being to big - not nice. Luckily, this was a gift so no worries up front, and now that it's mine, I love it :) The setting is really very nice! Before, I always thought that I wanted a halo, but now I don't any more, hahaha..

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
almondblossom|1453903342|3982288 said:
Congrats on a beautiful ring!!! :love: :love: And nice to see a fellow Scandinavian (dansker..? :wink2: ) here! Enjoy your ring and happy anniversary! Look forward to seeing more pics... :)
Thank you so much! I really truly love it :) More pictures tomorrow I hope, just waiting for the sun and I to be outside at the same time.. :wall: Also, I'm not very good at taking pictures. If any of you have any good ideas for how I might be able to show of the sparkle properly (or at least acceptably, hahaha), please let me know!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dizzie|1453900255|3982276 said:
Scandinavian, the ring is simply beautiful and BIG ;-)

I will definitely show this to my husband as an inspiration for our 10th anniversary ;-)
Thank you Dizzie! Never anything wrong with a little inspiration ;-) (I think it is big because I was looking for a cocktail ring and my husband hates them so I guess this was his way of preventing that, hahaha :shhh: )

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Scandinavian|1453905924|3982310 said:
(I think it is big because I was looking for a cocktail ring and my husband hates them so I guess this was his way of preventing that, hahaha :shhh: )

This is so funny! I wanted a halo ring for our tenth anniversary, and my husband doesn't like them, so he insisted on getting my 5ct solitaire so it would be as big in diameter as the halo ring I was envisioning.

magda72

Rough_Rock
Wow, this set Looks amazing on you. :appl: A very special and unique ring and a pretty combination with your wedding band.
Also just waiting for the sun. :angel:
Magda
:wavey:

pinkgem2522

Shiny_Rock
This looks so huge on your hands! :love:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm horrible at taking pictures. Oh well, I'll just blame it on my phone.. will have to look for my camera in the weekend. Here are a few more mug shots :halo: (The spots are not inclusions buy either reflections or hand cream..) :shifty:

20160128_4.jpg

2016-01-28_3.jpg

20160124_3.jpg

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandinavian - your ring is a stunner for sure! :love: Something caught my eye though ... The second pic you posted (just before this post) at the 12:00 position, does that prong need to be checked? It looks like it's maybe not "holding" your gorgeous diamond. :think:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1453994317|3982990 said:
Scandinavian - your ring is a stunner for sure! :love: Something caught my eye though ... The second pic you posted (just before this post) at the 12:00 position, does that prong need to be checked? It looks like it's maybe not "holding" your gorgeous diamond. :think:
Thank you :) I thing I know what you mean - looks like there is some space in the "corner" of the prong there! Just a reflection of my pale skinn, thankfully! Had to check though! But I do plan to have it looked at quite regularly... :shifty: Crazy scared of loosing it...:)

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Btw: I can't find a thread for that gorgeous ring of yours..? :)

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandinavian|1453995365|3983010 said:
Thank you :) I thing I know what you mean - looks like there is some space in the "corner" of the prong there! Just a reflection of my pale skinn, thankfully! Had to check though! But I do plan to have it looked at quite regularly... :shifty: Crazy scared of loosing it...:)

Pfew! Glad it is my eyes. :) in re: to your other post, I didn't start a thread for that one, but thank you. :wavey:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tourmaline|1453907664|3982320 said:
Scandinavian|1453905924|3982310 said:
(I think it is big because I was looking for a cocktail ring and my husband hates them so I guess this was his way of preventing that, hahaha :shhh: )

This is so funny! I wanted a halo ring for our tenth anniversary, and my husband doesn't like them, so he insisted on getting my 5ct solitaire so it would be as big in diameter as the halo ring I was envisioning.
Husbands are the best :) When I once mentioned that I had looked at a ring with a halo, he just said that he thought a halo was a bad idea as it might look as though you were trying to make the stone look bigger.. Ehh well yes? :doh:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ajane5524|1453928292|3982533 said:
So huge and so stunning!
Thank you! It really did take my breath away for a few moments :)

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
magda72|1453908884|3982329 said:
Wow, this set Looks amazing on you. :appl: A very special and unique ring and a pretty combination with your wedding band.
Also just waiting for the sun. :angel:
Magda
:wavey:
Sun sun where are you, hahahaha

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results