clarity

5.4ctw studs!! Erika Winters/Jewels by Grace custom settings

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
SERIOUS EARRING GOALS!!! :love::love::love:

MrsKBP

Shiny_Rock
These two stones, purchased five years apart from different vendors, could be proportions twins :sun:

A)
2.69 GIA J SI2 EX/EX/EX, Fluor None
Upgrade from Whiteflash
From WF's Sarin:
Table 54.4, Crown 34.6, Pavilion 40.9, Star 50, LGF 76

gia_isnologo.png
http://www.gia.edu/cs/Satellite?rep...ename=GIA/Dispatcher&c=Page&cid=1355954554547

B)
2.71 AGSL J SI1 0/0/0, Fluor Neg.
TrueHearts from James Allen
From the AGS DQD:
Table 54.5, Crown 34.6, Pavilion 40.9, Star 45, LGF 77

agsl_is_0.jpg
http://www.agslab.com/pdf_sync_reports/104077709002-PDQDFK.PDF

Earrings... have always been my sweet spot when it comes to jewellery. Of the pieces most likely to haunt my dreams and walk off with my wallet... the vast majority are earrings!! After a happy few months admiring beautiful, sizable studs from M2B, Phoenix, ClassyRocks, derbygal, DS, Megeve, and oh so many other PSers who've contributed to the "Show Me Your Diamond Studs" thread I half-heartedly started scouring various vendors' inventories for a mate for my E-ring stone, fully prepared to wait several months...

...And, of course, the perfect match materialised at JA within a couple of weeks, well before I was ready to commit to or pay for anything! And so the scramble began. I'd originally planned to have David at Diamonds by Lauren source a second stone and have his hand-forging bench adapt their "Uber Flower" setting, which I completely adore and which I thought would complement the modern RBs nicely, but I'd sold my OEC studs several weeks earlier (to another wonderful PSer!) and missed them... and decided to go with a possibly-anachronistic 'estate-y' aesthetic anyway. I've loved Erika's "Grace" setting since I first saw photos of it, so the obvious next step was to reach out to Grace with my inspirations ::) And after a few sanity-check emails to other PSers and some unexpected luck I snagged the stone and off to the West Coast it went :))

Both Grace and Erika are wonderful to work with!! Erika is a marvellously talented designer with an exceptional bench, and communication with both vendors was consistently remarkably quick and extremely thorough. Lists of questions were answered one by one with extra commentary, requests for assistance with logistics, design adjustments, and additional photos were indulged without hesitation, and I believe at one point I referred to Erika as a "nitpicker's wet dream" :bigsmile: she's a persnickety perfectionist and I, contrary to my usual disposition, was completely at ease leaving this project in her hands: I trusted her to address the details and ask me about those I'd want input on. Of course, loving the first iteration of the design she came up with was a good sign :bigsmile:

I think I've actually never exchanged fewer emails with a vendor :halo: Erika's work is definitely pricey, IMO, but it brings a commensurate experience. I felt she was "looking out for" my project and was invested in ensuring nothing slipped through the cracks. The workmanship on my earrings is exquisite :love: - I wholeheartedly recommend both Erika and JbG and will happily go back with other projects!!

Re. the stones themselves - owning a pair so closely matched on paper is very interesting. I find that I always know which is which in-person, without a loupe, no matter what lighting environment I'm in. In sunlight I expect to see slightly bigger, slower flashes of colour from the WF. In diffuse lighting I expect the JA to "turn on/off" with slightly less tilt. Unsurprisingly, they look most similar in spotlights :sun: To my eyes the AGSL J has slightly more body colour than the GIA J, but that difference is only visible in profile (and even then isn't noticeable unless one is specifically looking for it and the lighting is favourable). I honestly can't say that one is objectively prettier than the other but they definitely are *different*, and to me it's just testament to the refrain of needing to see a stone with one's own eyes to fall in love with it because the tools we commonly use on RT to simplify selection just aren't sensitive enough to capture and convey the nuances... And, well, beautiful as they both are I do have a favourite - I still like my old stone better. Maybe it's a long-term relationship thing :bigsmile:
Stunning

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TWIN SPARKLEBOMBS!!! :kiss2: They must light up your face when you're wearing 'em! So gorgeous!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do responses count if they’re nearly two years late? :oops2:

A very very belated Thank You maita13, gregchang35, LLJsmom, CareBear, MrsKBP, KristyDarling ❤️:love:

I can’t believe I’ve had these six years. Six years and one month. They’re still my most beloved pieces… And my most often worn… And I still have no desire to change them, rework them, upgrade them... DSS can be cured!! Turning my old e-ring into an earring was seriously the best impulsive jewellery decision I've ever made ::)

I took a couple selfies at work the other day (contemplating size of unrelated pair of pave studs) and thought I’d share them in this thread - since apparently I’ve never posted any perspective pics here. Hair's got a bit more grey now but diamonds are sparkly as ever :bigsmile:

IMG_4086_BLACKBAR.png

IMG_4091_BLACKBAR.png

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have earring envy! And LMAO that DSS can be cured - at 5.5 carats!
:lol: Knowing myself - I feel like there was some nonzero possibility even ten wouldn’t satisfy me! So the angel on the shoulder is giving my hearty pats on the back :lol:

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning earrings! Closer pics? Dang, those are a great size!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing beats these perspective shots. You can better understand the impact of these earrings. I love the look. It would take a lot to choose something other than these studs to wear every morning. :kiss2::eek2::oops2::kiss2:

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Are your ear lobes to the floor yet? You’re going to need support for those honkers!! Utterly MAGNIFICENT!!!!

secretagentdee

Rough_Rock
Oh what a dream. So great to hear your still loving them I would too.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I can’t believe I’ve had these six years. Six years and one month. They’re still my most beloved pieces… And my most often worn…

Curious how do they compare to your OEC drops? Do you still reach for the studs more than your drops?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curious how do they compare to your OEC drops? Do you still reach for the studs more than your drops?

I do!! The OECs are nice to have to change things up but the studs are staples ::) The OECs feel a LOT more dressy, even though the main stones are a bit smaller. I do love having both to play with though. I've been known to wear the studs and pack the dangles for later in the evening... :twisted2:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Do responses count if they’re nearly two years late? :oops2:

A very very belated Thank You maita13, gregchang35, LLJsmom, CareBear, MrsKBP, KristyDarling ❤️:love:

I can’t believe I’ve had these six years. Six years and one month. They’re still my most beloved pieces… And my most often worn… And I still have no desire to change them, rework them, upgrade them... DSS can be cured!! Turning my old e-ring into an earring was seriously the best impulsive jewellery decision I've ever made ::)

I took a couple selfies at work the other day (contemplating size of unrelated pair of pave studs) and thought I’d share them in this thread - since apparently I’ve never posted any perspective pics here. Hair's got a bit more grey now but diamonds are sparkly as ever :bigsmile:

IMG_4086_BLACKBAR.png

IMG_4091_BLACKBAR.png

They are gorgeous and look perfect on you!

I agree, studs are so classic, they go with everything, and when they are kick-@ss diamonds of a significant size, it is difficult to bring oneself to wear anything else -- everything else in our jewelry boxes seems to dim in comparison. I can see how you go between these beauties and your diamond dangles (which have similar presence and sparkle but a different vibe, more evening dress).

I go between my studs and my black onyx VCAs (the VCAs for times when sparkle isn't appropriate for my surroundings.) Nothing else in my box has the visual impact as those two pairs. Someday maybe I'll venture into the world of dangles, yours and Missy's and many others PSers inspire me (but it will take me awhile to save up to that high bar!)

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I do!! The OECs are nice to have to change things up but the studs are staples ::) The OECs feel a LOT more dressy, even though the main stones are a bit smaller. I do love having both to play with though. I've been known to wear the studs and pack the dangles for later in the evening... :twisted2:

Both earrings are AMAZING… and you also have your stunning opal and VCA earrings. Ahhh suddenly jealous of your ears.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are gorgeous and look perfect on you!

I agree, studs are so classic, they go with everything, and when they are kick-@ss diamonds of a significant size, it is difficult to bring oneself to wear anything else -- everything else in our jewelry boxes seems to dim in comparison. I can see how you go between these beauties and your diamond dangles (which have similar presence and sparkle but a different vibe, more evening dress).

I go between my studs and my black onyx VCAs (the VCAs for times when sparkle isn't appropriate for my surroundings.) Nothing else in my box has the visual impact as those two pairs. Someday maybe I'll venture into the world of dangles, yours and Missy's and many others PSers inspire me (but it will take me awhile to save up to that high bar!)

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

Thank you so much!!

I totally understand what you mean. Until very recently I had these diamond studs, baby bezel diamond studs, a few pairs of pearl studs, a pair of small chrome diopside studs, an equally small pair of red garnet studs, and... A boatload of dangly earrings. Unapologetically fancy or defiantly casual.

Onyx stands out against your colouring - must be very striking on you IRL! I like the idea of grey MOP, but on me - white stands out, anything medium or dark is liable to blend in too much. White on my is onyx on you! Diamond studs really are so easy to wear, they match everything, they're almost ubiquitously appropriate (some exceptions, of course!)... Dangles are a world unto themselves!! Seems like once you fall down that well you wind up being pretty happy in the water :bigsmile:

I'll be curious where your earring collection takes you next :cool2: :geek2:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both earrings are AMAZING… and you also have your stunning opal and VCA earrings. Ahhh suddenly jealous of your ears.

Ohh. Thank you!! I love earrings so much ❤️
I got waffled off to Do Rings for a bit but I'm back on the earrings #thing, same ol' same ol' :bigsmile:

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results