color
clarity

5.07 RB (GIA 3X) in Leon Mege Setting

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you!

Thabks

The interesting thing about the stone (and remember I never saw one before) isn’t as much the face up size… it’s the bulk of the stone. Does that make sense?

So I love how it looks on hand pics, but you don’t get a sense of how chunky it is in real life. That’s the part that bothers me. It does not look “real” to me, because of that, more “candy pop”.

I think maybe if I saw it on someone else.. with normal hand movements, maybe I would like it more. Just when I look down myself. Am not liking it.

Also my friend, who has very similar taste, thoughts, we are like the same size and profession… she saw the pic and immediately said “it’s a bit much.” And she likes big bling! When she saw the pic she immediately said “I’m going to aim
for 3.5 carats for my upgrade” (she initially wanted 5 as well)

Your ring is gorgeous but I totally get it. I have had a lot of rings and ultimately sold a lot of rings. I felt a little like Goldilocks. Too big. Too small. Too uncomfortable. The list goes on. Now that I have my Casablanca and it is 2.10.....i realize it's the perfect size for ME. I never feel like I should not wear it in certain situations or self conscious about it. It's hard to explain but it seems to be my sweet spot. It took me so many tries to find the perfect "one". I hope that your ring grows on you because it's amazing or that you find something that you love. I adore your setting.

Edited to add: I use a soft snap bracelet to my bra strap when I have to take it off while I am out. It works really well and doesn't damage the rings.

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I was also going to mention the bra strap thingie. Someone always beats me to it!

cheers--Sharon

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous but I totally get it. I have had a lot of rings and ultimately sold a lot of rings. I felt a little like Goldilocks. Too big. Too small. Too uncomfortable. The list goes on. Now that I have my Casablanca and it is 2.10.....i realize it's the perfect size for ME. I never feel like I should not wear it in certain situations or self conscious about it. It's hard to explain but it seems to be my sweet spot. It took me so many tries to find the perfect "one". I hope that your ring grows on you because it's amazing or that you find something that you love. I adore your setting.

Edited to add: I use a soft snap bracelet to my bra strap when I have to take it off while I am out. It works really well and doesn't damage the rings.

HI:

I was also going to mention the bra strap thingie. Someone always beats me to it!

cheers--Sharon

I tried to find a soft snap bracelet on amazon (have to confess I don’t really know what it looks like/is) does it have a clasp?

I have the plastic ring sizers on. And it’s insured. So can wear it today :)

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Ally. You read my mind. I realize that I am absolutely stuck with it. So I’m hoping that I come around to it more. It is absolutely my dream ring. The setting spot on. The stone is much larger then I dreamed of having (I wanted 3.3 carats).

When I was searching for rings… I had a visual image of the “perfect ring proportions” but for some reason don’t feel like I’m getting same effect.

NOT my ring! From Instagram. I know it’s an OEC. But this is visually what I wanted.
6A1A1DEA-78C3-40CB-96F3-EE886BA692A6.jpeg

ETA: She just might have nicer hands then me LOL. It’s apparently a 5 carat center as well.
@allycat0303 I think your ring and the look on your hand is absolutely spot on with your inspiration image. I hope you can sort out the sizing - I think this will help.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was also going to mention the bra thing. But, I use a Tiffany blue suede pouch and stick it in my bra cup! I like their pouch bc it has two pockets one for a wedding ring and one for the engagement ring, and the inside is nice a soft.
And if it accidently does drop out (which has never happened to me) the whole pouch would drop out and sort of protect the rings.

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I tried to find a soft snap bracelet on amazon (have to confess I don’t really know what it looks like/is) does it have a clasp?

I have the plastic ring sizers on. And it’s insured. So can wear it today :)

Something like this.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
I was also going to mention the bra thing. But, I use a Tiffany blue suede pouch and stick it in my bra cup! I like their pouch bc it has two pockets one for a wedding ring and one for the engagement ring, and the inside is nice a soft.
And if it accidently does drop out (which has never happened to me) the whole pouch would drop out and sort of protect the rings.

Great idea!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
@allycat0303 - how does it feel with the silicone sizer. Would love to see pics with your wedding band with pics taken further away for a perspective shot. We need tons and tons of pics before your husband takes it back to Leon hahaha.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Thank you!

Thabks

The interesting thing about the stone (and remember I never saw one before) isn’t as much the face up size… it’s the bulk of the stone. Does that make sense?

So I love how it looks on hand pics, but you don’t get a sense of how chunky it is in real life. That’s the part that bothers me. It does not look “real” to me, because of that, more “candy pop”.

I think maybe if I saw it on someone else.. with normal hand movements, maybe I would like it more. Just when I look down myself. Am not liking it.

Also my friend, who has very similar taste, thoughts, we are like the same size and profession… she saw the pic and immediately said “it’s a bit much.” And she likes big bling! When she saw the pic she immediately said “I’m going to aim

Makes sense. I feel clunky with a 2 ct asscher. It stays in the armoire way too often. Could hardly imagine wearing five carats. OTOH it seems like once you have owned a 5 ct you might regret not owning it in the future. Is there a return deadline? Wear it for a while, see if it works.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you!

Thabks

Hi @allycat0303 -

I went from a 3.11 AVR to a 5.3ct OEC - and it was too much for me, too. Like you said, it wasn't the diameter so much - it was the height/bulk. I said numerous times - it just didn't look real and it didn't work with my hand. I kept it 2 weeks, then returned it. My current ring is 4.05ct (ACA mrb) and it's perfect for me.

Will be interested to see where you land with this and hoping it's with something you adore.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh wow. That ring actually took me back! I had to remember to breathe!

Congratulations on an absolute stunner! That is an amazing ring that is a dream!

Mamaofmany

Rough_Rock
Just my service right now. Not everyone else. I haven’t had one person survive ECMO yet. There are stories out there of survival. But not an case I’ve been involved with yet. Depressing.

I'm a hospice nurse and this hit me. Please be kind to your mind. Death has a way of changing a person and you see a lot of it.

Your ring is stunning, enjoy it!!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
@allycat0303 I think your ring and the look on your hand is absolutely spot on with your inspiration image. I hope you can sort out the sizing - I think this will help.
Yes, me too! Thank you

Oh I like that idea. Most probably the best… except I don’t wear a bra that can hold it. If makes sense?

Could you clip something like this to your badge/lanyard? https://www.etsy.com/listing/906049501/the-ring-thingpatented-ring-holderring?click_key=547c4ca54b2718fb9b76cecd1ba268331b2889c1:906049501&click_sum=9a9e91c1&ref=shop_home_active_1&crt=1

It's a little bulky, but I like that it offers some splash/bump protection.
I’ll look into this as well! So many options. I think I didn’t try so hard to look.

How do you feel about the ring after wearing it?
I wore it yesterday. Not today. I think my main annoyance is that it still spins despite the silicon things. I think I need to get used to wearing ANY ring. Maybe not even this one.

Something like this.
Thanks for the link!

@allycat0303 - how does it feel with the silicone sizer. Would love to see pics with your wedding band with pics taken further away for a perspective shot. We need tons and tons of pics before your husband takes it back to Leon hahaha.

It’s leaving on Thursday! So be honest I haven’t worn it except for a few hours. If I keep it, I have to look into wedding band. Probably will have one done by Leon.

WOW! Amazing :kiss2:
Thank you!

Makes sense. I feel clunky with a 2 ct asscher. It stays in the armoire way too often. Could hardly imagine wearing five carats. OTOH it seems like once you have owned a 5 ct you might regret not owning it in the future. Is there a return deadline? Wear it for a while, see if it works.
There’s no deadline. LM policy is to upgrade after 1 year. However, my husband did start to look for maybe a 3-3.5 carat for ordinary wear. I’m not sure what the plan is yet!

Hi @allycat0303 . In case you want a 5 ct solitaire tester to compare your masterpiece to, here’s one that is easy to buy/ return:

CARAT GALAXY Solitaire Engagement Ring 925 Sterling Silver With Cubic Zirconia Simulated Round Diamond Promise Wedding Ring For Women https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B09747GYWF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_S0H4KZ0NFTZT6SQMJX7H?psc=1

I should have invested in this before starting the upgrade process. I will definitely try out a solitaire.
Hi @allycat0303 -

I went from a 3.11 AVR to a 5.3ct OEC - and it was too much for me, too. Like you said, it wasn't the diameter so much - it was the height/bulk. I said numerous times - it just didn't look real and it didn't work with my hand. I kept it 2 weeks, then returned it. My current ring is 4.05ct (ACA mrb) and it's perfect for me.
I get what you mean. It just doesn’t look real on me. I kind of wore it to see what kind of reactions it would get. It didn’t get much attention, so it appears to be mostly in my head. I’m hoping that some DSS will sink in.

I think to truly know I have to wear it for 2 weeks… everyday. So once it’s been sized I’ll have a better sense.
Will be interested to see where you land with this and hoping it's with something you adore.

Oh wow. That ring actually took me back! I had to remember to breathe!

Congratulations on an absolute stunner! That is an amazing ring that is a dream!

Thank you :)
I'm a hospice nurse and this hit me. Please be kind to your mind. Death has a way of changing a person and you see a lot of it.

Your ring is stunning, enjoy it!!

Mamaofmany,

I don’t think I’m dealing with it so well, but no one understands this more then palliative care. I just feel like there’s a senselessness to life.I don’t know why I’m here. I don’t know why I’m doing what I’m doing. And it just feels like I’m passing time without any real direction.

I never worked in this setting before. There’s a significant mortality with cardiac surgery. But it’s not like this. It’s not young people and it doesn’t feel the same.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Mamaofmany,

I don’t think I’m dealing with it so well, but no one understands this more then palliative care. I just feel like there’s a senselessness to life.I don’t know why I’m here. I don’t know why I’m doing what I’m doing. And it just feels like I’m passing time without any real direction.

I never worked in this setting before. There’s a significant mortality with cardiac surgery. But it’s not like this. It’s not young people and it doesn’t feel the same.
So sorry. Do you plan on moving to a different type of practice in the future? You sound kind of down and we all want to try to support you.

Tigerlilyrosepetal

Shiny_Rock
Yes, me too! Thank you

Oh I like that idea. Most probably the best… except I don’t wear a bra that can hold it. If makes sense?

I’ll look into this as well! So many options. I think I didn’t try so hard to look.

I wore it yesterday. Not today. I think my main annoyance is that it still spins despite the silicon things. I think I need to get used to wearing ANY ring. Maybe not even this one.

Thanks for the link!

It’s leaving on Thursday! So be honest I haven’t worn it except for a few hours. If I keep it, I have to look into wedding band. Probably will have one done by Leon.

Thank you!

There’s no deadline. LM policy is to upgrade after 1 year. However, my husband did start to look for maybe a 3-3.5 carat for ordinary wear. I’m not sure what the plan is yet!

I should have invested in this before starting the upgrade process. I will definitely try out a solitaire.

I get what you mean. It just doesn’t look real on me. I kind of wore it to see what kind of reactions it would get. It didn’t get much attention, so it appears to be mostly in my head. I’m hoping that some DSS will sink in.

I think to truly know I have to wear it for 2 weeks… everyday. So once it’s been sized I’ll have a better sense.

Thank you :)

Mamaofmany,

@allycat0303 your ring is absolutely lovely. I have been following this thread and enjoying it; however, it seems like you might be overly stressed from some of your comments. I sincerely hope I’m not overstepping and being rude, but from a mental health perspective I would urge you to talk with someone and take care of yourself. As caretakers, it’s seldom what we do for ourselves, but stress is real and has effects on us! Life is always full of sense and has tremendous meaning. This too shall pass. ❤️❤️❤️

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I upgraded from a 2.417 to a 3.54 to a 3.32 and now I have a 3.09. All ACAs. My finger size is 5.25.
I felt the 3.54 was a little too big. I felt the 3.24 was perfect but didn’t like the actual diamond. Now with the 3.09 sometimes it feels a little too big, sometimes it feels perfect, and sometimes it feels small. It just depends on where I am at and how long I’ve had it on.
I was thinking of changing my setting to a halo. I have a pear that I haloed and it looks much bigger in the new setting.
Do you like the LM setting?

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
So sorry. Do you plan on moving to a different type of practice in the future? You sound kind of down and we all want to try to support you.

The only thing I know how to do is cardiac and I love cardiac. I just can’t deal with putting COVID patients on ECMO.

It’s constant misery talking to patients’ families and trying to be positive without giving them hope. And then.. I hate taking them off ECMO, hate talking to families about how I’m going to take off what’s keeping the patient alive, etc etc.

It won’t get better until Covid recedes.
@allycat0303 your ring is absolutely lovely. I have been following this thread and enjoying it; however, it seems like you might be overly stressed from some of your comments. I sincerely hope I’m not overstepping and being rude, but from a mental health perspective I would urge you to talk with someone and take care of yourself. As caretakers, it’s seldom what we do for ourselves, but stress is real and has effects on us! Life is always full of sense and has tremendous meaning. This too shall pass. ❤️❤️❤️

Thank you.
I upgraded from a 2.417 to a 3.54 to a 3.32 and now I have a 3.09. All ACAs. My finger size is 5.25.
I felt the 3.54 was a little too big. I felt the 3.24 was perfect but didn’t like the actual diamond. Now with the 3.09 sometimes it feels a little too big, sometimes it feels perfect, and sometimes it feels small. It just depends on where I am at and how long I’ve had it on.
I was thinking of changing my setting to a halo. I have a pear that I haloed and it looks much bigger in the new setting.
Do you like the LM setting?

The setting is beautiful. Much more so then I could have imagined. It is not at all the problem. It’s just the bulk of the stone. I did wear it today, and I’m adjusting. And the best part is no one seems to notice it! I think I only had 1 comment (my PA) she really likes diamonds so asked to look at it. Other then that, nothing.

That helped a lot!

sunnyside74

Shiny_Rock
from one surgeon working at the opposite end of the anatomy - thank you for all you do - especially cardiac. Covid continues to take such a toll - its isolating - and in my practice I have to explain why we need to delay cancer surgery, and this latest surge has really been demoralizing. Enjoy your bling. its gorgeous, just perfection. How about a Marla Aaron lock & chain to wear on your neck when you operate (sorry if that was suggested previously)? thats what I use for mine, always reassuring to poke the top of my scrubs and feel it there.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
from one surgeon working at the opposite end of the anatomy - thank you for all you do - especially cardiac. Covid continues to take such a toll - its isolating - and in my practice I have to explain why we need to delay cancer surgery, and this latest surge has really been demoralizing. Enjoy your bling. its gorgeous, just perfection. How about a Marla Aaron lock & chain to wear on your neck when you operate (sorry if that was suggested previously)? thats what I use for mine, always reassuring to poke the top of my scrubs and feel it there.

I am NOT a doctor but I use the exact same thing to hold my rings when I know my hands will be getting messy at work.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
The only thing I know how to do is cardiac and I love cardiac. I just can’t deal with putting COVID patients on ECMO.

It’s constant misery talking to patients’ families and trying to be positive without giving them hope. And then.. I hate taking them off ECMO, hate talking to families about how I’m going to take off what’s keeping the patient alive, etc etc.

It won’t get better until Covid recedes.

Thank you.

The setting is beautiful. Much more so then I could have imagined. It is not at all the problem. It’s just the bulk of the stone. I did wear it today, and I’m adjusting. And the best part is no one seems to notice it! I think I only had 1 comment (my PA) she really likes diamonds so asked to look at it. Other then that, nothing.

That helped a lot!

@allycat0303- I think most people tend not to comment but that doesn’t mean they didn’t notice :). Most probably just feel awkward to comment.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock

A few days ago, I was wondering: what if it’s resectable and then because of delays… it no longer is? I don’t know how oncology patients can deal with the stress and anxiety.
I am NOT a doctor but I use the exact same thing to hold my rings when I know my hands will be getting messy at work.

I purchased a Lion Latch… for when I wear lead, I’ll attach it to my apron (seems sturdy enough) and my lead is only worn by me. Still looking at options for the OR and looking at options.

Thank you for suggestion!

sunnyside74

Shiny_Rock
A few days ago, I was wondering: what if it’s resectable and then because of delays… it no longer is? I don’t know how oncology patients can deal with the stress and anxiety.

I purchased a Lion Latch… for when I wear lead, I’ll attach it to my apron (seems sturdy enough) and my lead is only worn by me. Still looking at options for the OR and looking at options.

Thank you for suggestion!

its just tough - they've been giving chemo up front instead of surgery, but the emotional stress of having a cancer inside is so tough on them - and I totally get it. we have decent data from 2020 now that shows disease didnt progress with this treatment, so that at least is something. its also just the domino effect on the schedule - cancel a month of "elective" major cases and they have to get rescheduled somewhere... several of my closest friends from training are CT surgeons, don't know how y'all do it.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
its just tough - they've been giving chemo up front instead of surgery, but the emotional stress of having a cancer inside is so tough on them - and I totally get it. we have decent data from 2020 now that shows disease didnt progress with this treatment, so that at least is something. its also just the domino effect on the schedule - cancel a month of "elective" major cases and they have to get rescheduled somewhere... several of my closest friends from training are CT surgeons, don't know how y'all do it.

I’m only cardiac (don’t do any thoracic) so I don’t have to tell the patients that their surgery is delay. Spared from that at least.

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am of the mindset that things look too big even though my finger is a 6.75, but your ring is stunning in every way. You sound like a total badass who can pull it off. It’s really close to your inspiration picture, it just needs to sit higher on your finger like it will when it’s sized or maybe with a band under it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results