shape
carat
color
clarity

4ct MRB In Tacori, Too Much?

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
So I have an update!
While the fancy setting was so beautiful, I just couldn't get comfortable with it. Hubby and I went to the jeweler and had my stone reset into a stock solitaire. I probably would have gone with 6 prong, but they only had a 4 prong that would fit my stone in stock, and I wanted it as soon as possible. They were wonderful, and set and sized the ring while we went to lunch. I am so thankful they could get it finished, as the city closed all nonessential businesses a few days later.

I am beyond thrilled with the new solitaire. If the Tacori was a ball gown, this new setting is more like a string bikini!!! Lots of stone showing, tons of light moving through it. So easy to clean it. The stone was pretty much filthy when it was unset, it was just impossible to clean behind the fancy basket. Now it's a disco ball! And I can't stop staring. Pricescope and the new ring have been such a nice distraction from all the Coronavirus news!

We're putting an aquamarine in the Tacori setting, I'm not sure when I'll have it back, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it much more as a RHR for dressy occasions!

And the stats.....GIA J VS2 4.03ct Ex Ex Ex. 0623E93E-D11A-4724-9C96-EF8ACF224A60.jpeg E87A35FD-37C9-420D-903A-0AD5B94A69F2.jpeg 45818ACB-1F35-4244-A141-19E54FC3BCF5.jpeg 5EF840A5-EDC2-4B97-AD3F-3593C0B5A297.jpeg F98C1E3C-1EB5-47E8-B8EE-C1FF5E480E0D.jpeg

It's just stunning!! Soo sparkly and I love your bands and that is awesome you can keep your diamond super sparkly now! And an aquamarine will be gorgeous in your Tacori.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the new look in the solitaire setting! This time you truly got it right! Enjoy it with all of your bands.

snowballs mom

Shiny_Rock
I really love the simple setting - I think it makes the diamond look bigger! It's beautiful!

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock
It's just stunning!! Soo sparkly and I love your bands and that is awesome you can keep your diamond super sparkly now! And an aquamarine will be gorgeous in your Tacori.

Thank you! I’m so excited!

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock
Love the new look in the solitaire setting! This time you truly got it right! Enjoy it with all of your bands.

Thank you! Yes, now it feels like me!!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It matters what only one person thinks.

You.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning!

diamondsndogs

Rough_Rock
Really love the new plain solitaire setting, it shows off that incredible diamond so much better. And you have so many different bands to pair with it, you can play with different looks any time the mood strikes...

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock
Stunning!
Thank you!

Really love the new plain solitaire setting, it shows off that incredible diamond so much better. And you have so many different bands to pair with it, you can play with different looks any time the mood strikes...
Thank you!
Are dogs in your avatar standard poodles? I love them!!! Are they so smart?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Your first setting was stunning but I get how this one feels more "you". I love a good solitaire!

Post when you get your ring back with the aquamarine. I'm sure it will be stunning!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Just catching up on this thread now AuntKiki. I think you made a great decision - the solitaire is just gorgeous! Looks beautiful with your bands!!

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! Your first setting was stunning but I get how this one feels more "you". I love a good solitaire!

Post when you get your ring back with the aquamarine. I'm sure it will be stunning!

Just catching up on this thread now AuntKiki. I think you made a great decision - the solitaire is just gorgeous! Looks beautiful with your bands!!

Thank you so much! I’m so much happier with the solitaire! I haven’t heard from the jeweler about the aquamarine, I’m looking forward to having it but of course no rush right now!

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I’m a huge fan of solitaires but your Tacori setting was also a masterpiece. You can’t go wrong with either setting. Just depends on preference.

minniezhang

Rough_Rock
What a beautiful ring! In all honesty I don't think the setting is too much, it's the 4ct diamond (which many people dream of, myself included). If it's a double halo setting I'd say it's too much. But the setting is perfect! I agree with other PSers that the wedding band could be changed into a different style though.

minniezhang

Rough_Rock
The new setting looks wonderful too! You really can't go wrong with that beautiful a diamond. Is it just me or the solitaire setting makes your stone look even bigger now? (always a good thing)

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! I loved the Taccori but I can see how wonderful a stone like that looks in a solitaire setting. That gorgeous eternity looks right at home with that setting. I know you just had it set in April with the 4 prong version, & not knowing if you will leave it in the 4 prong or reset into another setting as you had mentioned there were no 6 prongs in stock. A PS'r is selling her Erika Winters Margot setting. A stunning ring! I think your will fit. Here is her thread...

A few PS'rs have this ring & adore it. It does have 8 prongs though so no sure if that is 2 to many. I do believe the claws can be finely, barely there finished. One thing for sure, there is a lot of security with an 8 prong. ;))

Gussie's thread:

Yssie's thread: She has a 4ct J...:

Gemly

Shiny_Rock
Oh my goodness....this is amazing!!

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring! I loved the Taccori but I can see how wonderful a stone like that looks in a solitaire setting. That gorgeous eternity looks right at home with that setting. I know you just had it set in April with the 4 prong version, & not knowing if you will leave it in the 4 prong or reset into another setting as you had mentioned there were no 6 prongs in stock. A PS'r is selling her Erika Winters Margot setting. A stunning ring! I think your will fit. Here is her thread...

A few PS'rs have this ring & adore it. It does have 8 prongs though so no sure if that is 2 to many. I do believe the claws can be finely, barely there finished. One thing for sure, there is a lot of security with an 8 prong. ;))

Gussie's thread:

Yssie's thread: She has a 4ct J...:
Omg I look at Lessics Margot setting all the time, when I first saw the listing I think my heart skipped a beat!! It’s soooo gorgeous and you’re right, it’s probably the perfect size! But I don’t want to jump into anything different right now, I’m really enjoying the absolute simplicity of my ring as is. And it was a reallllly hard and stressful decision to change it out of the tacori, I don’t think I can handle doing it again so soon!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I completely understand! It’s amazing how jewelry can run your emotions ragged! If you’re happy with your ring as is, what could be better than that?! =)

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love both versions, but I'm a solitaire gal all the way, so I think it looks perfect now!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Hi @AuntKiki I just saw your gorgeous EC on Mamabee's thread. I am thinking about resetting my EC with traps. Would you mind sharing the trap to ec dimensions with me? Much appreciated!

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock
Hi @AuntKiki I just saw your gorgeous EC on Mamabee's thread. I am thinking about resetting my EC with traps. Would you mind sharing the trap to ec dimensions with me? Much appreciated!

Hi @lulu_ma. I just took a look at my report, the EC is 2.01ct and 9.40 x 6.26 x 3.94mm. I don’t have reports for the traps, I know they’re colorless vs and .60ct each stone. They’re wider traps than a lot of what I see here, but I get a lot of finger coverage from them. I hope this helps and good luck with your EC decisions!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Hi @lulu_ma. I just took a look at my report, the EC is 2.01ct and 9.40 x 6.26 x 3.94mm. I don’t have reports for the traps, I know they’re colorless vs and .60ct each stone. They’re wider traps than a lot of what I see here, but I get a lot of finger coverage from them. I hope this helps and good luck with your EC decisions!

Thank you! This is super helpful!

StarshineSweet

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi PSers! I hardly ever post but I love PS. I recently upgraded to a 4.05 MRB. Had it in a temp setting then impulsively decided to set in a custom Tacori RoyalT. It’s beautiful and amazing and I love it. The profile. The swoop of the shoulders. The basket. The prongs. They’re gorgeous. But ....I’m not very comfortable wearing it? I’ve always worn plain solitaires so all the diamonds on the setting are a complete turnaround. I’m very self conscious when I wear it, like it’s screaming look at me!!! Is it over the top, or have I not adjusted yet?
I’m also not loving how it looks with my wedding bands. The Soleste is a nice fit but the diamonds sparkle differently?? They are not nearly as bright as the Tacori. I’ve cleaned it to death, I think it’s just the different style setting?
The Legacy seems a little clunky and the plain sides seem too different from the elaborate ering sides?
I tried and liked it with the Tiffany Embrace eternity. But I’m not sure adding more diamonds is going to make me feel better.
Please give honest opinions. Is it too much and over the top? Would the stone look better, be better showcased, in a plain solitaire?

It's a 4 carat rock. It deserves to be in a stunning setting like the RoyalT. I love it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results