shape
carat
color
clarity

4ct MRB In Tacori, Too Much?

bling_dream19

Brilliant_Rock
So I have an update!
While the fancy setting was so beautiful, I just couldn't get comfortable with it. Hubby and I went to the jeweler and had my stone reset into a stock solitaire. I probably would have gone with 6 prong, but they only had a 4 prong that would fit my stone in stock, and I wanted it as soon as possible. They were wonderful, and set and sized the ring while we went to lunch. I am so thankful they could get it finished, as the city closed all nonessential businesses a few days later.

I am beyond thrilled with the new solitaire. If the Tacori was a ball gown, this new setting is more like a string bikini!!! Lots of stone showing, tons of light moving through it. So easy to clean it. The stone was pretty much filthy when it was unset, it was just impossible to clean behind the fancy basket. Now it's a disco ball! And I can't stop staring. Pricescope and the new ring have been such a nice distraction from all the Coronavirus news!

We're putting an aquamarine in the Tacori setting, I'm not sure when I'll have it back, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it much more as a RHR for dressy occasions!

And the stats.....GIA J VS2 4.03ct Ex Ex Ex. 0623E93E-D11A-4724-9C96-EF8ACF224A60.jpeg E87A35FD-37C9-420D-903A-0AD5B94A69F2.jpeg 45818ACB-1F35-4244-A141-19E54FC3BCF5.jpeg 5EF840A5-EDC2-4B97-AD3F-3593C0B5A297.jpeg F98C1E3C-1EB5-47E8-B8EE-C1FF5E480E0D.jpeg
It's just stunning!! Soo sparkly and I love your bands and that is awesome you can keep your diamond super sparkly now! And an aquamarine will be gorgeous in your Tacori.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the new look in the solitaire setting! This time you truly got it right! Enjoy it with all of your bands.

diamondsndogs

Rough_Rock
Really love the new plain solitaire setting, it shows off that incredible diamond so much better. And you have so many different bands to pair with it, you can play with different looks any time the mood strikes...

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Your first setting was stunning but I get how this one feels more "you". I love a good solitaire!

Post when you get your ring back with the aquamarine. I'm sure it will be stunning!

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! Your first setting was stunning but I get how this one feels more "you". I love a good solitaire!

Post when you get your ring back with the aquamarine. I'm sure it will be stunning!
Just catching up on this thread now AuntKiki. I think you made a great decision - the solitaire is just gorgeous! Looks beautiful with your bands!!
Thank you so much! I’m so much happier with the solitaire! I haven’t heard from the jeweler about the aquamarine, I’m looking forward to having it but of course no rush right now!

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I’m a huge fan of solitaires but your Tacori setting was also a masterpiece. You can’t go wrong with either setting. Just depends on preference.

minniezhang

Rough_Rock
What a beautiful ring! In all honesty I don't think the setting is too much, it's the 4ct diamond (which many people dream of, myself included). If it's a double halo setting I'd say it's too much. But the setting is perfect! I agree with other PSers that the wedding band could be changed into a different style though.

minniezhang

Rough_Rock
The new setting looks wonderful too! You really can't go wrong with that beautiful a diamond. Is it just me or the solitaire setting makes your stone look even bigger now? (always a good thing)

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! I loved the Taccori but I can see how wonderful a stone like that looks in a solitaire setting. That gorgeous eternity looks right at home with that setting. I know you just had it set in April with the 4 prong version, & not knowing if you will leave it in the 4 prong or reset into another setting as you had mentioned there were no 6 prongs in stock. A PS'r is selling her Erika Winters Margot setting. A stunning ring! I think your will fit. Here is her thread...

A few PS'rs have this ring & adore it. It does have 8 prongs though so no sure if that is 2 to many. I do believe the claws can be finely, barely there finished. One thing for sure, there is a lot of security with an 8 prong. ;))

Gussie's thread:

Yssie's thread: She has a 4ct J...:

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring! I loved the Taccori but I can see how wonderful a stone like that looks in a solitaire setting. That gorgeous eternity looks right at home with that setting. I know you just had it set in April with the 4 prong version, & not knowing if you will leave it in the 4 prong or reset into another setting as you had mentioned there were no 6 prongs in stock. A PS'r is selling her Erika Winters Margot setting. A stunning ring! I think your will fit. Here is her thread...

A few PS'rs have this ring & adore it. It does have 8 prongs though so no sure if that is 2 to many. I do believe the claws can be finely, barely there finished. One thing for sure, there is a lot of security with an 8 prong. ;))

Gussie's thread:

Yssie's thread: She has a 4ct J...:
Omg I look at Lessics Margot setting all the time, when I first saw the listing I think my heart skipped a beat!! It’s soooo gorgeous and you’re right, it’s probably the perfect size! But I don’t want to jump into anything different right now, I’m really enjoying the absolute simplicity of my ring as is. And it was a reallllly hard and stressful decision to change it out of the tacori, I don’t think I can handle doing it again so soon!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I completely understand! It’s amazing how jewelry can run your emotions ragged! If you’re happy with your ring as is, what could be better than that?! =)

Kim N

Brilliant_Rock
I love both versions, but I'm a solitaire gal all the way, so I think it looks perfect now!

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    August Birthstones: Peridot And Sardonyx
    August Birthstones: Peridot And Sardonyx
    The Original: Princess Raiyah Of Jordan
    The Original: Princess Raiyah Of Jordan
    Celebratory Engagement Ring Upgrade And Bracelet
    Celebratory Engagement Ring Upgrade And Bracelet

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.