shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 4ct cushion in Steven Kirsch halo setting

Boom

Shiny_Rock
I bought my 2plus carat RB from ERD a few years ago and had it set in a solitaire. Unfortunately, DSS set in soon after especially since the stone was set really low. I also got a little bored with the simple setting and longed for something more blingy.

I worked with Mark of ERD and to be honest, like some other posters had experienced, he was sometimes responsive, sometimes not so much. However, he was very helpful and accommodating throughout this transaction and I wouldn't hesitate to work with him again.

Once I purchased the stone, I contacted Steve Kirsch to make the setting for me. Having had a bad custom experience once, I was very nervous to embark on this one. I exchanged many emails with Steven to hash out the details and not once was he short with me.

A couple of things were particularly important to me that I really wanted to get right this time, the size of the halo, and the airline (or the lack thereof). I wanted to go as small as feasible on the halo, smaller than the original HW setting, bearing in mind that this was not an everyday ring for me. And the airline, well, I just didn’t want one.

I sent Steven a few photos and even though he assured me that he knew what I wanted, with no CAD, I was nervous until the very last minute. I heaved a huge sigh of relief when Steven sent me photos of my ring. It was exactly what I had envisioned. The ring IRL is beautiful and the pavework, just impeccable.

So here are the parts that went into building my 100% hand forged ring.

K101.jpg

K102Y.jpg

K103Y.jpg

K104.jpg

Boom

Shiny_Rock
More photos

K105.jpg

s101A.jpg

S102A.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YOWZA!!!!!! :love:

tenyearanniversary

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous!

How much is the setting if you don't mind me asking? (And if it's not against the rules to say.....)

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Holy Mother of Bling! That is gorgeous! You know that we need handshots!

aquanaut

Shiny_Rock
WOWOW! Congrats, amazing!

March16

Rough_Rock
beautiful!! hopefully we will eventually see hand shots :appl:

Boom

Shiny_Rock
My own, taken at home.

The stone is a 4ct, J color. It is as expected, white under certain lighting and creamy in others. I’ve taken a few photos that hopefully shows the color difference. Steven set a CZ in my old solitaire setting. I’d wanted to set a CS but could not find a suitable one. I expect the CZ is a D color. The asscher is an H and the cushion, a J.

IMG_8463.JPG

IMG_8461T.jpg

IMG_8466e.jpg

IMG_8470F.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I love the gallery! :love: What a ring!

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Last ones.

IMG_8476.JPG

IMG_8474K.jpg

DiaSpin132.jpg

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is so beautiful.. the pave detail on the basket is the cat's MEOW!!!! This might be my new favorite lust... on SMTB... just beautiful.... :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: =) :love: (had to sneak in just a little envy...)

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Nice ring! I love seeing all the photos as the work is done - so cool.

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone! I had some trouble resizing and uploading the photos but I've finally got them all up.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heavenly! Love, love, love it...especially the gallery. Your colored stone ring also made me want to drool!

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
:love: I'm speechless!!! Both your diamond rings are to die for!!! :love:
THANKS for sharing!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I adore the contrast between chunky facets and pave. Divine!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
um WOW!!!!! the gallery is amazing. Also thank you for posting pictures of the hand forging process.

truly a beautiful piece :love:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
*DIES* THAT. IS. AMAZING. I absolutley LOVE that basket!

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Another masterpiece. Love all your rings.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
that basket is wow.. love the ring.. soo happy for you!

SC86

Shiny_Rock
I saw this ring in person while in Steven's office about a month ago and I can attest to its beauty. The basket is so unique and the stone is breath-taking! I saw it with only half of the pave in place, and I was hoping it belonged to a PSer who would show it off when done!! Lucky us! :appl:

Edit: What are the stats on that lovely stone?!

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
I just seriously fainted.... that basket is just INCREDIBLE!!! :love: :love: :love:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Dayyymmm that is one stunning piece of jewelry!!!!!!!! LOVE that gallery :love: :love: :love:

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is beyond gorgeous!! You have a beautiful collection...

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
G O R G E O U S :love: :love: I LOVE the gallery!

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
hehe no worries about DSS now! It's gorgeous! I'd love to see more pics. It's stunning on you.

cmarie

Rough_Rock
That is jaw-droppingly gorgeous!!! Absolutely stunning. Thanks so much for posting it -- I vote for more handshots!!

:appl: :appl: :appl:

April20

Ideal_Rock
New favorite PSer ring. Its stunning. Enjoy it!

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing! Thanks for sharing your process. I think that the pictures while it's being made are just so cool. Your ring is BEAUTIFUL, too :)

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Your bling colleciton is incredible!!! :o

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results