shape
carat
color
clarity

4-5 carat engagement ring

Ragebytw

Rough_Rock
Do yourself a favor and give Bill Pearlman a call at Pearlmans Jewelers. I had a quarter of the budget and he helped me every step of the way, got me a diamond and setting for far less then I ever imagined I'd pay, got me a bigger diamond then I had hoped for and took the time to inspect the diamond on arrival and really
Go over it with me. You can't measure beauty by stats on the Internet, and when you go down on one knee you wont be throwing out diamond stats at her. Beauty can only be measured by eye and Bill has been doing this for over 30 Years, he has the eye.

Your budget gives you not only many options, but buying power to demand the upmost respect and attention. The people at Pearlmans treated me very well, and I'm positive they would do the same for you. This is too much money to
Spend without really working with an expert, and while
I'm not discrediting the other vendors, I will say
that only Bill gave me the confidence to go forward with such a large purchase.

Good luck with the purchase. I really hope it all works out.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would like to know why James Allen is the vendor he is choosing also. I would be calling Jon at GOG and onto a new set of stones.

chicam

Shiny_Rock
I would call Jon too at GOG. He is awesome to work with.

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
rubybeth|1319556797|3047261 said:
kal2021|1319501876|3046947 said:
renogirl|1319501030|3046932 said:
:wavey: Seems like with your kind of budget you should be talking to more than one vendor. I couldn't imagine buying a diamond of that size without having at least two other choices presented from some other reliable PS vendors - in addition to the diamond presented by James Allen.

Ditto! Why not contact BGD, WF, and/or GOG and see what they can come up with for you? I noticed BGD and WF have some similar diamonds to the JA one in their virtual inventory. The diamond world is your oyster...you should definitely have some options!

He stated earlier in the thread that he wanted to use James Allen, no reasons given.

Oh ok, sorry I missed that. Wonder why?? OP, why James Allen? Don't feel you have to respond if it's a personal choice you'd rather not share, though.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chris,

That new stone is a tiny bit steeper and as a result, you lose a bit on the spread but it should still be a beautiful stone. Has JA given you an IS image yet?

jonnydanger

Rough_Rock
At last I've purchased the ring and plan on proposing in the Burj Al Arab (7 star hotel) in Dubai... I plan on doing it in front of her parents! Do advise good or bad idea??? Any suggestions on how I should propose in front of 9 people (my parents + bro/sis and her parents + bro/sis)...

Was an absolute pleasure working with James Allen.. They went well out of their way to accommodate my requests.

4.02ct-H-VS1 GIA -- $125,223

What do you guys think?

JA63074 C Fernandez1.JPG

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock
jonnydanger|1324586734|3086980 said:
At last I've purchased the ring and plan on proposing in the Burj Al Arab (7 star hotel) in Dubai... I plan on doing it in front of her parents! Do advise good or bad idea??? Any suggestions on how I should propose in front of 9 people (my parents + bro/sis and her parents + bro/sis)...

Go for it and let one, or a few, of the family members in on the secret so they can have a camera ready to take pictures of the moment. I think a classic drop to one knee, small speech about how amazing she is and that huge stunner of a ring would be a great proposal

Was an absolute pleasure working with James Allen.. They went well out of their way to accommodate my requests.

4.02ct-H-VS1 GIA -- $125,223

What do you guys think?

That ring is beautiful!!!! Congratulations and please post hand shots after the proposal

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty. Which setting from the James Allen site is that, or is that a custom setting that JA made for you?

I prefer private proposals, not in front of parents or friends, or anyone. That is just me.

jonnydanger

Rough_Rock
The setting:

Item # Custom
Platinum Three Stone 1.47ctw Pear Shape Diamond Engagement Ring Size 5.25. Item is non-refundable. Sale is final.
Price: $6,500

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing ring.... can't wait to see the hand shots and read the proposal story!!! You did a beautiful job! :appl: :appl:

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
Wow impressive. What size finger does she have? That's a whole latte ring there!!! I would propose quietly just the two of you then go meet and share with the families. That ring will sure get their attention!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunner!!

mjertl

Shiny_Rock
ultimately, it only really matters if she would like a proposal in front of your families. I know that sentiment varies from person to person, and also probably from culture to culture. I gather your families are very important to you, so you'd like to include them, and I think that's sweet. My family is quite special to me too, but personally I was very happy to have a quiet proposal that just my fiance and I shared. My answer wouldn't have changed had he done it in front of my family though, and I doubt hers will either! (how could it with a rock like that??? :naughty: )

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That is one heck of a ring!! Congrats of finally finding the right stone and good luck with yr proposal. Pls come back and post hand pics.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring is gorgeous! :love: I prefer the proposal to be private, perhaps right before you meet the family for dinner to celebrate. That said, my son in law did propose to my daughter in front of a group of people including me, and she was very surprised and happy! So whatever you think will make her happiest!

123luckyme

Rough_Rock
Just got my 5 carat pear with halo - very comfortable wear it everyday 24/7 Get a nice snug fit so it doesn't move back and forth and she will do just fine. Also heard people say dont do a halo with a stone that big but if you raise up the stone higher than the halo it works very well with a large stone allowing it to stand on it's own.

Check the post here is my 25 year anniversary ring - 5 ct. pear and you will see what I mean

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results