shape
carat
color
clarity

4.40ct Pink Sapphire ring - Keep or send back?

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s amazing they can do that - repolish the scratches out like that.
and what a surprise on the carat weight - wow.

Can’t wait to hear what AGL says. (Not that I expect anything different from GIA, but still…..)
I’ll attempt to not bug you again in a couple weeks. I’m sure the wait is hard enough without me poking - ha!

It’s always a pleasure @Rfisher . Besides, who is going to get me through the interminable waiting game? :mrgreen: I‘d be working on my CADs for it but I’m stumped on the gallery. I want something with more coverage to keep any windows minimized…but it also needs to be cute. I’ve been saving a few ideas here & there but nothing’s stuck yet.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
It’s always a pleasure @Rfisher . Besides, who is going to get me through the interminable waiting game? :mrgreen: I‘d be working on my CADs for it but I’m stumped on the gallery. I want something with more coverage to keep any windows minimized…but it also needs to be cute. I’ve been saving a few ideas here & there but nothing’s stuck yet.

I’m having “gallery block” too and just bumped a “show me your baskets and galleries” thread for inspiration!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m having “gallery block” too and just bumped a “show me your baskets and galleries” thread for inspiration!

Thank you. Sometimes I know exactly what I want and then there's times like this. Nothing but a blank. I'll go check out that thread. Thanks for the heads up.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Thank you. Sometimes I know exactly what I want and then there's times like this. Nothing but a blank. I'll go check out that thread. Thanks for the heads up.

Oh MY!! That stone looks amazing! What a find!! Good to know about stone polishing by DKJ.
And hey there's plenty of us that like hashing out designs if you need help or ideas. :mrgreen:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
F873D7F4-AE87-4271-BDC3-AD71B14A4139.jpeg

This one looks like it’s open enough for ease of cleaning, and the donut can even go smaller for more enclosing, if wanted for window reduction.

I can’t seem to find any good examples of ajour backing that’s just under the center stone of a halo. Have you?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Merging these two ideas of something just under the center stone
7C63A540-1E6D-49A2-8E15-8D791AD2C221.jpeg
Imagining it looking something like this
C5228D34-021A-4D78-934D-10B7F4E48FF0.jpeg
But not really finding anything done like it - as I’m sure there are limitations/trade offs on this idea
:shrug:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very late to your post @elle_71125 but I just wanted to say that your sapphire is a very similar colour and size to mine, and if you paid less than 4000, you got a stonking deal. I’ve just had mine appraised, and it was considerably more than you paid! It’s going to be fabulous in a halo. Congrats on your fabulous find!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh MY!! That stone looks amazing! What a find!! Good to know about stone polishing by DKJ.
And hey there's plenty of us that like hashing out designs if you need help or ideas. :mrgreen:

Thank you. I was surprised to learn DK offered stone polishing too but what a great surprise that was. :D

I always appreciate your help with designs. You’ve got quite the eye for it. :love:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Merging these two ideas of something just under the center stone
7C63A540-1E6D-49A2-8E15-8D791AD2C221.jpeg
Imagining it looking something like this
C5228D34-021A-4D78-934D-10B7F4E48FF0.jpeg
But not really finding anything done like it - as I’m sure there are limitations/trade offs on this idea
:shrug:

I’m annoyed with myself because I saw what I thought was a good example of this…and I can’t for the life of me remember where. :doh:It has scrollwork / detailing which I thought was very pretty. I’ve got to get on Pinterest and start looking for ideas.

You sent me one with a blue sapphire ring, where the poster closed off just that bottom section of the donut and it greatly reduced the windowing. I’m thinking maybe I should consider something like that.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
what a juicy sapphire! It looks ahhhhmazing!

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
I’m annoyed with myself because I saw what I thought was a good example of this…and I can’t for the life of me remember where. :doh:It has scrollwork / detailing which I thought was very pretty. I’ve got to get on Pinterest and start looking for ideas.

You sent me one with a blue sapphire ring, where the poster closed off just that bottom section of the donut and it greatly reduced the windowing. I’m thinking maybe I should consider something like that.

I know exactly what you are talking about but can't find it either. It was literally just a band across the bottom, so open but metal directly under the culet.

I sort of did that on my tourmaline (rip :() and it felt great on the hand too. Obviously wouldn't split the shank but as an idea. 20210616_135947.jpg
20210616_140923.jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know exactly what you are talking about but can't find it either. It was literally just a band across the bottom, so open but metal directly under the culet.

I sort of did that on my tourmaline (rip :() and it felt great on the hand too. Obviously wouldn't split the shank but as an idea. 20210616_135947.jpg
20210616_140923.jpg

Oh no! I don’t know what happened to your ring but I’m so sorry. It was beautiful!!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m working on my cads for her new dress. I’d like to minimize the windowing, while still leaving room to clean the ring. Any ideas on that will be most appreciated.

Right now, I’m really loving this top pic. It would be a halo, not a solitaire. I’m wondering if I adjust the donut so that it’s completely solid (or if I leave a very small hole), will there still be enough room to clean it?
Side note: Is this too ornate for a halo gallery?
3B7190C8-B121-463C-BAB2-C17EB8F886F2.jpeg

Here are some other gallery designs I’ve saved. Most would require modifications to help with windowing (like closing off the donut, etc).
39BFA7C0-C723-4470-8AE7-9E8BCABD181D.jpeg

18F379EE-081F-4BE7-9DBD-0CFA92F5F974.jpeg

Tagging @Rfisher and @CHRISTY-DANIELLE in case you have any ideas. :mrgreen:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think as long as you can get a narrow soft-but-yet-still-stiff brush in there to scrub in whatever cleaning solution you use -you are going to be ok with closing in the donut area on any of your ideas.
I don’t know first hand, but do seem to feel it’d be easier to clean more so then the one floating ‘plate’ or ‘cup’ type example you have pictured just above.
And i don’t know if having an ultrasound would make all these concerns moot? Do you need to be able to reach/brush all the areas with one of those handy? I don’t know?

I also wonder if a gallery like Distracts Paraiba w/rose cut halo ring has, would be another example of what might suit your wants?
2EED6CDA-A26B-4B60-A33E-D0FE5A4CF3AD.jpeg

(I just know I’ll be absolutely smitten with whatever you choose to do :love: )

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was trying to update another thread, when I realized I never came back and shared the AGL report. Oops. :wacko: So here it is, for future reference.

28EB1EF5-C037-4ED3-81AD-E09DC6E82A98.jpeg

The sapphire with with David Klass now getting her new setting. I can’t wait!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would keep and have the stone polished as it is a nice colour.

DK :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results