shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT 4.3 OEC

blingymo

Shiny_Rock
Armywife, I have been researching spacers. With six prongs, the solitaire has always rubbed on my marquise band. Eventually those N-S prongs get worn down and I have to replace the head. With this new head, the prong sticks out even farther. I think I will need something in between no matter what band I use. I have also been considering making an E-W bezel ring with the marquise, but since it's my original wring it will stay this way for a while.

Ariel, it is 4.3 ct., SI2, M, medium fluor, 10.5mm

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Blingy, I agree a spacer is definitely a must. With prong solitaires that do not have donut on at the base, the prongs get rubbed on a lot, especially if there is a band being worn that has diamond girdles exposed. I know a lot of people get spacers from etsy sellers. I personally love the little twist band spacers. :)) I like your idea about the E-W bezel band using the marquise from your wedding band! That sounds like a good project for in the future!

Venti25

Shiny_Rock
YUM :appl: congrats on your upgrade :)

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What ring size do you wear, if you don't mind me asking?

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock
Now that's a rock!!!! :appl: :love: :appl: :love:

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Blingymo, your stone is everything that I aspire to one of these days !!!
I just LOVE IT !!!

And as a Military wife ( like myself and others here ) please know that
you have certainly earned every sparkly carat of that diamond :love: :love: :love:
Your husband truly is a dreamboat !!!

And as an aside, Congratulations to your son re: Flight School !!!
What an achievement !!! :appl:

blingymo

Shiny_Rock
arkieb1 - I wear a size 7

shiney - Thanks re my son. He just graduated from Clemson and reports to flight school July 3. I am very proud of him.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Wow I think your OEC is very white!!!!! I guess it is the blue flur kicking in because I never would have pegged it as below a J! I have a antique cushion that is N/O with no flur and the color difference is amazing.

Anyhow congrats on your beautiful diamond and a very happy anniversary!!!!!!

TracyBear

Shiny_Rock
Your flexor/extensor digitorum muscles are sure getting a workout from lifting that giant rock everyday. :cheeky: What a wonderful way to workout! ;-) Congrats on getting your dream ring! :appl:

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
Ya know, it IS nice to have a place where everybody will celebrate things like this with you. I love PS for that :wink2: So glad you shared this beauty and I second and third the "you deserve it." Wear it well and thank your boys for all they do for our country (and you too as the Momma/Wife)

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Fantastic upgrade. Thanks for sharing.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your anniversary and your great family.
That big ole girl is stunning. Color looks good to me, too.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BlinghyMo,

You go girl!!! I thought my 3.02 was big, that is gorgeous. My hubby is also USMC retired, we are at Cherry Point. oohrah!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
What a big and beautiful ring! That stone is STUNNING :love:

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Yay, congrats!!! It's gorgeous!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Such a beautiful stone! These older cuts are really growing on me - they are so elegant and have such a sense of history. I smiled when I read about the Corvette. My first upgrade was an actual Corvette - I couldn't locate the right stone, so I just gave up and got the car instead, haha. I did get the stone later... :)

blingymo

Shiny_Rock
Thanks all - I am really enjoying my new ring. Every night I put her to bed in my jar of cleaner, give her a scruba dub in the morning, and off we go. She has so much surface area that she needs a daily bath LOL.

Bebe - that is funny about your corvette. I won't tell my husband though!

Autumngems - Semper Fi :appl:

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, it's gorgeous! Do you feel like a princess, walking around with that on your hand? I would!

Speaking of princesses, I always think it's a pity that Kate Middleton has to walk around in a dull old sapphire when she could have had a huge stone like yours!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness it is absolutely amazing!!! :love: What a rock, it looks so gorgeous on your hand! How in the world do you get anything done? I'd spend my day just staring at it!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!!..Congratulations and happy anniversary!.. :love: :appl:

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on an amazing new diamond! I love how your wedding band adds extra pizazz to an already huge and sparkly bit of heaven! :love:

blingymo

Shiny_Rock
Smith - I do feel like a princess, but not because of the new ring. Everyone says that is how my husband treats me:)
Junebug - It is hard to focus when I'm not at work, but a bunch of 5th graders have a way of keeping your mind on business :twirl:
Hearts and Arrows Girl - I am going to try several different bands/stacks with the new ring. The wring I am wearing is my original. I can't decide if I want to switch it up, or if eventually I want to reset the OEC and wear just one ring. It won't be for a while though, so the near future is just some inexpensive stacks and fun. :appl:

blingymo

Shiny_Rock
I am just seeing this! Thank you. Still loving my ring in the solitaire and I change bands every time I get a little bored.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Holy. Moly. Alone. Stacked. It's all gorgeous!

cheers--Sharon

Polyhex

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. What a spectacular diamond!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results